Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (18892 Views)

‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Should Nigeria Split Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by blackcat1: 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
Gadaffi is right lipsrsealed
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^
Actually his recent erratic utterances on Nigeria only betray a confused not to say, sociopathic mindset.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by noblegas2(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
lol, some peeps are talking about Diplomatic difference, what does he have to lose? some one dat places Embargo on all Schengen States, who the fuk is Nigeria? we have oil, he has oil, infact we are a pain in the ass to him cuz its Nigerians that are mostly in libyan prisons!!!

1 Like

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by cvibe: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
Do we have any Libyan in any Nigerian prison?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by talkmarkay(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
Is Nigeria Unite at all?
Does Nigerians enjoy unity since 1960?
What are the derivations (benefits) of unity?
Hope one side is not riding another due to the control of POWER?
What is good in One tribe killing another tribe in a unity Country?

My Nigerians fellow if you ask those in Government these questions, what they says is that Unity is the best option for us
but whenever they leave the power they change to sing different song, reason is that income (Money) they realized in power we let them forget the masses
that is why Senate president called Gadaffi a mad man.

Let's Leave Gadaffi Idea out of this

Plenty of Graduates are out there seeking employment opportunity.
Farm products continue wasting during harvesting period while the good road network is not provided to the villages for easy conveying of the farm product to the
market.
No Provision of Good Storage Facility to PRESERVE our Farm Products.
Plenty of Used (Tokunbo) car on our road
ETC

My people is that how we continue suffering in this country
If federalism can not favour us while can't we go back to Regional (South Western Region, Northern Region, South Easterern Region, South Southern Region , )we used to practise
OR
If Division is going to be the best option, we can easily sit round the table and figure it out. Dialogue can settle many things, it has been applied in some country and it works.
I Pray for God Intervention in this country, because we have plenty and we are still suffering.
May God have mercy on the masses of this Country.    
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ODIBABA1: 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kodewrita,

Honestly you captured my attention by your contribution. However, I most remind you that Biafrans infact lost everything by 1970, even not enough of the collateral damage Awolowo, then Nigerian finance minister reduced every Igbo man savings in Nigerian and Biafran banks to 20 pounds irrespective of how much they owns, the rest was left for imagination. NdiIgbo are already used to wanton destruction and lootings of their properties on many parts of Nigeria even during our perceived peace time like now. Nothing can be loosed excerpt to bring situation to a desirable balance. let me confess that I will be a very mad man to invest my money in any other part of Nigeria excerpt Igbo land, even Igbo land will be a second though; we have stable places close home to invest, like Ghana, Benin Republic etc. What I am saying is he who is down fears no fall!
Let’s divide Nigeria and pave way of stability for our future generations.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by pek(m): 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2010
let gadaffi be! he has made his mind known. there`s nothing wrong with that.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by naijaswag1: 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
This Gadhffi no dey fear ooh.Nigeria is the most dynamic country in Africa in that we cannot entertain a dictator for several decades.I for one will be among dissedents if such trend evovles in this country.Therefore Gadaffi should keep his stupid,terrorist mouth shut.We will soon get out of this mess.One Nigeria.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by otukpo(f): 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
why wld he apologise?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
Which one be dissident kwa? You no go get your own country? Let us try if this Ghaddafi option will work. Russians are hypocritical, they invaded Georgia because Georgia was fighting off two regions that wanted session. Now why won't Chechnya, Dagestan and others seek independence from Russia when Russia is encouraging  Abkhazia and South Ossetia in Georgia to go their separate ways. Una dey see ba? Double standard.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Johnnny(m): 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
naija_swag:

This Gadhffi no dey fear ooh.Nigeria is the most dynamic country in Africa in that we cannot entertain a dictator for several decades.I for one will be among dissedents if such trend evovles in this country.Therefore Gadaffi should keep his silly,terrorist mouth shut.We will soon get out of this mess.One Nigeria.

Yeah!, I have been hearing that phrase for decades. When will our soon manifest?

Forget Gadaffi and face your issues
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by chelseabmw(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
We dont need to be talking about this guy at all.He is sick.Abeg make we talk about arsenal and barcelona match
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by kodewrita(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
@chelseabmw, you mean the barca training session (starts fight and runs away with head covered.lol)

ODI_BABA:

Kodewrita,

Honestly you captured my attention by your contribution. However, I most remind you that Biafrans infact lost everything by 1970, even not enough of the collateral damage Awolowo, then Nigerian finance minister reduced every Igbo man savings in Nigerian and Biafran banks to 20 pounds irrespective of how much they owns, the rest was left for imagination. NdiIgbo are already used to wanton destruction and lootings of their properties on many parts of Nigeria even during our perceived peace time like now. Nothing can be loosed excerpt to bring situation to a desirable balance. let me confess that I will be a very mad man to invest my money in any other part of Nigeria excerpt Igbo land, even Igbo land will be a second though; we have stable places close home to invest, like Ghana, Benin Republic etc. What I am saying is he who is down fears no fall!
Let’s divide Nigeria and pave way of stability for our future generations.

@ODI_BABA
true but I still maintain that there's always a better way to do it and lets find it. The trend in the world is for countries to band together not breakup. Thats why you have the european union. At worst, lets turn nigeria into a nigerian union but still together with common currency,central bank, defence force and court of justice. might work.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Dotmas23(m): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
I think what prettG's advice is right,
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
kodewrita:

@chelseabmw, you mean the barca training session (starts fight and runs away with head covered.lol)

@ODI_BABA
true but I still maintain that there's always a better way to do it and lets find it. The trend in the world is for countries to band together not breakup. Thats why you have the european union. At worst, lets turn nigeria into a nigerian union but still together with common currency,central bank, defence force and court of justice. might work.

Common currency? Maybe undecided
Central bank? Hell NO! angry
Defence force? Bigger Maybe undecided undecided
Court of justice? Bigger HELL NO!!! angry angry angry

Below are my reasons:

In a common currency arrangement, participants must meet the requirements (usually measured through economic index) before they can join. If you qualify, you join. Simple.

The common central bank cannot work without common currency. Again, I don't want another central bank run by quota system and federal character. I want a central bank run by the best economists our system can give, not some half baked mallam.

The common defense can only work if every participant maintain the same amount of military personnel and installations on its own territory. A practice whereby all sensitive military formations and installations are heaped on one side of the nation is UNACCEPTABLE. That is what Aburi tried to fix but was sabotaged by short sighted fools.

The common court of justice
is impossible because we don't share the same values. Northerners might prefer the Sharia code and the marriage of under age girls, the deification of human beings -making humans above the law, and other sacred cow cultures. In my part of Nigeria (East) everyone is equal under the law, even local gods and deities (like Okija juju) are sacked by the police if they run foul of the law. So, we cannot share common judicial system. Even the British knew that and set up separate systems of justice for north and south.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by kodewrita(m): 5:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Onlytruth half baked mallam, lol. I get the logic. But some form of loose union not a total breakup makes sense. of course you may omit the court of justice but the central bank would have to be run with the same stringent requirements as the common currency though for it to be worthwhile. The only sticky point I foresee is the sharing of resources (that comes before any fancy arrangement I can think of and that is the main reason this might never happen).
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^
You lot seem determined to derail the thread by discussing half-baked ideas and plans. We should very much focus on Quadaffi's crazy utterances or close the thread.
It is that simple.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by kodewrita(m): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2010
lol. please do us the honor then. grin grin grin grin
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sley4life(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
Y should he apologise
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ud4u: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
The question now is what do we really want in Nigeria. Until the question is anwered and solutions given nothing will work out.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by eros(m): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2010
The mad man is at it again. Spitting fire and doesn't careless who gets burnt.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by mykpoint: 2:16am On Apr 01, 2010
cool My belove fellow Nigerians i am absolutely supporting the two motions move by lybian leader.if we must sincere to ourself what meanifull development,progress,integration or peace have we achieve since 1914 north and south amalgate my country men and women nothing meaningfully rather political crisis,religious crisis,maginalisation of minor tribes and selfish governance that keep on breeding corrupt leader.infact nigerian a bird source fustrations,poverty,power epileptic,fraud and so.what does profit a nation when all the components tribes or states are agitating for self governance.muslem and christians today,tomorrow niger delta and federal govt,next hausa and igbo infact the only solution to nigerian problem is exactly what libyan leader has just with any apology.apology for what telling us permanent solutions to our problem.to be frank who ever that is againt this solution is an anti christ to humanity who love blood.in other hands our so called leaders and politicians are the end user this blood shed during every crisis if not go ahead and divide nigerian along ethnicity.senegal,togo ,benin,gambia and so on are not up to a state in nigeria but they are nations.people should arise and move this motion it is the only way forward. sad
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by mykpoint: 2:17am On Apr 01, 2010
i am writing from moscow
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ODIBABA1: 5:09am On Apr 01, 2010
Kodewrita,

I agree with you some how. Nevertheless, I am in total affirmation with ONLYTRUTH. These issues are things a sovereign national conference will take care of. All the components that make up Nigeria may agree to share revenue from the country's natural resources. Say, from twenty to thirty year, this can only happen as a result of  round table discussion; that is if the beneficial hawks will ever let it happen. I don't see any wrong with that. In a situation Nigeria is partitioned, I will not hope to see any part of what consist of Nigeria today go backward in the future, that will not be the idea. It is in the interest of all that progress is made in all parts in other to reduce tension. However, any region that prefers not to make progress may be left behind. We may as well retain the name Nigeria, nothing is bad with that so far each region has the right to determine who governs them, their system of education and their own speed of general development; in short, self determining is the keyword if we are afraid of the word 'independence'. A functional federation is good for Nigeria, the problems is those bunch of idiots that perceive one part of the country as conquered people and see the Country's ruler ship as war booty that most be maintained by all means even at the detriment of their own people. That was and is still the reason an old man like Obasanjo who was at the brink of death, if not for the mercy of GOD and good will of men that loves Nigeria who brought him out of jail and set him up to the presidential seat; even with mostly the collaboration of NdiIgbo. But then he decided he has unfinished business with NdiIgbo. The level of hostility Obasanjo demonstrated to the Igbo nation is clear evidence there is no business of a united Nigeria. The hostility as consequence enslaved the rest of the Nigeria.  A cabal of thieves and looters was RAISED as never before; also, guaranteed leprous hands in governance. This cabal has total disregard to the civil population of the whole country.
If one part of the body is sick, the whole body is sick
I agree with Ghadaffi that Nigeria needs to be partitioned or, at least confederated, let each group rule themselves so no one will have the opportunity to stir up ethnic sentiment again or hide under the clout of we against them to loot a whole country's treasurer. Progress will be made if we go apart for a while. If I can invest in Ghana, I can as well invest in an Odua State so far the safety of my property is guaranteed.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
Nigeria will never be partitioned. The sooner disgruntled elements in Nigeria; faceless internet warriors; and megalomaniac sit-tight dictaors abroad, understand this vital point  the better it would be for them.

But just to make the point the world today has become a global village where people compete and do business in a multicultural setting. That is why in the future iwe shold see the increasing importance of supranational organizations like ECOWAS in West Africa and SADC IN Southern Africa for instance. Specifically we are talking about the formulation, coordination and control of Defence and Security Policy, Fical and Monetary Policy, and Foreign policy at the subregional level.

Realistically there will always exist reactionary fascist elements who would be disgruntled at these developments. Ultimately these elements would have to be neutralized or contained. But they cannot stop the march of progress
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by stevemike1: 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
why wont the north and the west not criticise Gadaffi, because they are eating from where they do not soe. If it were the North, that owns the resources they would have used their Power and religion to cause violent in this country that other part of the country would have been begging to go apart.

Likewise it were the west that own most of this well, they would have used their position and media to invite foreign body to come and split this coutry.

We the core Niger Delta because of the neglect and impoverished life, we dont have much learned people to fight for our own country. and non violent to start fight in the streets.

I strognly believe God, that our prayer would be answerd one day, were this country would split in various units.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^
Since when did you become a Niger Deltan. Or is it the case that you are so disgruntled and bitter that you have to leap on every bandwagon that passes in the hope furthering your reactionary aims.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by akwaowoudo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
A son telling the father "Daddy don't be stupid" isn't an insult. Gadaffi never insulted us but gave an advise.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by akwaowoudo(m): 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2010
A son telling the father "Daddy don't be stupid" isn't an insult. Gadaffi never insulted us but gave an advise.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
Well we have now told him that he should mind his own business. But on the other hand Quaddafi is not noted for his discretion and wisdom
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ifele(m): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
Gaddafi is right lets split up.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
tensor777:

Well we have now told him that he should mind his own business. But on the other hand Quaddafi is not noted for his discretion and wisdom

How can he mind his own business when you have Nigerians breaking into his country everyday illegally? Libyan jails are filled with Nigerians and he has killed some but is still struggling with the rest. All those of you calling for Nigeria to remain the same must tell me how to keep Nigerians inside Nigeria. How many Libyans are in Nigerian jails?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? / [Photo]#OgunStateAt40; The Party Has Started. / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Kano (Early Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.