Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (18893 Views)

‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Should Nigeria Split Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

How can he mind his own business when you have Nigerians breaking into his country everyday illegally? Libyan jails are filled with Nigerians and he has killed some but is still struggling with the rest. All those of you calling for Nigeria to remain the same must tell me how to keep Nigerians inside Nigeria. How many Libyans are in Nigerian jails?

Maybe so. But the fact that he chooses to react to the universal problem of illegal immigration in such a barbaric manner shows the kind of person he is.
In any case if the aim of his crazy suggestion is simply to weaken Nigeria by fanning he embers of disunity and hate, the upshot would be more illegal immigration and not less.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2010
tensor777:

Maybe so. But the fact that he chooses to react to the universal problem of illegal immigration in such a barbaric manner shows the kind of person he is.
In any case if the aim of his crazy suggestion is simply to weaken Nigeria by sowing he embers of disunity and hate, the upshot would be more illegal immigration and not less.

Pure speculation!
Nigeria is already weakened, so Gaddaffi does not need to weaken Nigeria.

I'm sure some British officials might have also thought it crazy to grant Nigeria independence in 1960. Today's crazy idea is tomorrows invention. cool
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
Just to clarify Nigeria does not need advice from a man like Quadaffi.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2010
tensor777:

Just to clarify Nigeria does not need advice from a man like Quadaffi.

A wise man takes good advise even if given by the devil. It becomes a bad advise if you can prove it beyond reasonable doubt. This advise has not been proven bad. On the contrary, our status quo has proved bad for nearly 50 years.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

Pure speculation!
Nigeria is already weakened, so Gaddaffi does not need to weaken Nigeria.

I'm sure some British officials might have also thought it crazy to grant Nigeria independence in 1960. Today's crazy idea is tomorrows invention. cool

Bullseye!

There was acivil rights activist on AIT who said he believed Gaddaffi's words represented the minds of 80% of Nigerians. It is a warning shot of how the World truly see's us. To drive the point home, there has even been a deafening silence from our own fellow African countries and the AU.
This is the last chance for a National Conference; true federalism or split.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by nduchucks: 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
Beaf:

Bullseye!

This is the last chance for a National Conference; true federalism or split.

A wonderful threat by a toothless cyber warrior. This is your own version of april fool, ko? Put some teeth in your threat and start organizing protests in Abuja, PH, and in your village.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^^
What is surprising is that none of these faceless internet warriors, or disgruntled fascist reactionaries who are on the ground, have been able to stage a simple demonstraion in Nigeria in support of their agitations
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sjeezy8: 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
Some Nigerians are very senseless it was his utterances that caused arabs/muslims in sudan to start slaughtering black/christians.

Ghaddafi was the One who magnified arab nationalism in africa which set Sudan on fire and he supports Sudans president.

so why are you people praising him clueless folks
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sjeezy8: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
At the base of both genocides in Sudan, (on Christians in the South and on "fellow" Muslims in Darfur, who are blacks) is the Al Bashir regime's racism. The Arab Gathering, a shadowy Nazi type brotherhood deeply embedded in the Bashir regime, preaches a doctrine of Arab supremacy and a Sudan "cleansed" of non-Arabs, [size=13pt]Muammar Qaddafi who wanted to unify all of North Africa under Arab control and had a great deal of money and military power to support the Arabs in the region. Thousands of Libyan troops were sent to north Sudan to fight the South & had stationed troops in Darfur to help the Arabs in Chad, Qaddafi's belief in Arab superiority did a great deal to create hostility between the Arabs and the Africans in Sudan, especially in Darfur.[/size]

In a more elaborate form, is in the book "Darfur: the ambiguous genocide" (By Gérard Prunier): At an old quarrel between Libya and Chad, another dimension, little noted at the time, was Gaddafi's racism. Part of his hostility to Tombalbaye's regime was due to the fact that the Chadian president was a black African and a Christian and that in his early "revolutionary" days [size=13pt]Gaddafi was not only a strident Pan-Arabism but an Arab cultural supremacist as well.[/size]
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
ndu_chucks:

A wonderful threat by a toothless cyber warrior. This is your own version of april fool, ko? Put some teeth in your threat and start organizing protests in Abuja, PH, and in your village.

Why are you threatened by true federalism? shocked
Why do you fear equality? shocked
Why do you fear justice? shocked
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by nduchucks: 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2010
Beaf:

Why are you threatened by true federalism? shocked
Why do you fear equality? shocked
Why do you fear justice? shocked

Stop pretending to be an illiterate who cannot read. shocked No one is threatened by federalism, equality, or justice. When are you going to put some teeth in your threat and start organizing protests in Abuja, PH, and in your village? That is the question.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ODIBABA1: 3:22am On Apr 02, 2010
Who posted that picture? Why? Gaddaffi may sleep with the devil in his bedroom, I don’t give a hood!!!! The truth is whether you like it or not, Nigeria as presently constituted most split. It's either in peace or in pieces as the case may be. If it takes a man like Gaddaffi to tell your ruthless but senseless idiots you call leaders the naked truth, so be it. One thing is sure; Nigeria will break up in peace or burn to aches. Keep playing ostrich until your backyard turn to fire!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by panafrican(m): 3:35am On Apr 02, 2010
One may not agree with Colonel Gadaffi but we should not forget the fact that something is wrong in the mind of these jihadists who are killing in the name of God. Did God really send anyboby to kill in his name?
Th best way to waterdown this reckless behavior of so called muslims in Nigeria is to agree we african should go back to our ancestors' traditions. In Africa we do not kill someone because he does not believe in what whe worship.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2010
We need to forcefully introduce and enforce patriotism above all other irrelevant issues such as religion and ethnicity. The people should be forced to love one another and recognise the true evils in our society. If that means, to abolish all public forms of religion then it should be considered. Christianity and Islam are our biggest problems! I apologise if my remarks offend followers of both faiths but truth be told, religion has only helped in dividing us more than uniting us!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2010
Nigeria must split.

Period,

So stop your Propoganda - Its only the parasitic minded individuals who have been and still are sucking the blood out of Nigeria and Nigerians that are calling for it to remain together.

They should rightfully panick because the day of the parasite is over.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2010
Well, My mum is Ibo and my Dad is yoruba but i was born and raised in Kaduna, Which group will i fall into if in your words "NIGERIA MUST SPLIT"

Even within the main tribes there are smaller ethnic groups, BTW, they are not really united as well, I think its too late to consider splitting, it would take us back many years.

In my opinion, we should first consider enforcing a state system with each state responsible for its own budgets and income backed by a federal state but we should generally dispose of the 'indigene system' and the 'religious class system'. Everyone regardless of ethnicity or religion should be able to vote, take jobs, run for office within all communities on a 'residential requirement basis', inter country migration should be strictly controlled and public displays of religion abolished and criminalised.

but if you ask me how this is possible, i would say first thing is a complete change of leadership and government which requires a revolution (not necessarily violent), and afterwards an enforcement of the rule of law in the new system. An introduction of consequences for wrong doing! because now, people do whatever they want, because they can get away with it!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2010
You are whatever your fathers tribe are - Period,

Find your way to your fathers town/village.

Your mother can do the same - say goodbye to her children and then return to the igboland - but she is advised not to carry her children from another ethnic group as they can never be accepted as 'sons of the soil'

What is your surname? - that should give you a clue as to your identity.

Or if your identity has been lost - then apply for asylum/passport at the Jamaican embassy then head to Jamaica. shocked

Nigeria is bigger than your families mess - Nigeria must split,
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2010
God help Nigeria, that's all i can say!

i hope someday, africans will be able to see beyond killings, war, ethnic hate and religious differences. The rest of the world is on a race for the big bucks, quality lifestyles and social security!

Look around you - how did hate help Rwanda or Sierra Leone?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 02, 2010
Sun of god:

You are whatever your fathers tribe are - Period,

Find your way to your fathers town/village.

Your mother can do the same - say goodbye to her children and then return to the igboland - but she is advised not to carry her children from another ethnic group as they can never be accepted as 'sons of the soil'

What is your surname? - that should give you a clue as to your identity.

Or if your identity has been lost - then apply for asylum/passport at the Jamaican embassy then head to Jamaica. shocked

Nigeria is bigger than your families mess - Nigeria must split,

You should manage your ignorance with caution. Should my wife who is also Edo leave me and return to her fathers land just as my mum who is ibo (married to my father for 40 years) should return to onitsha? haha, Your level of thinking is very pitiful and i would be happy to have people like you leave Nigeria!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2010
And your family should start managing its interbreeding amongst the varying ethnic groups and regions of Nigeria!

Your reasoning for Nigeria remaining together is biased, flawed and selfish.

Period,
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
There are millions of multi-tribal families like mine all over Nigeria (UNLESS OUR VIEWS DONT COUNT SINCE WE HAVE BEEN ''STAINED'' BY MIXING UP A BIT (LOL) ).

We are possibly, the only solution to Nigeria's cultural problem. Kids born into families like mine - are able to see beyond the differences of language and creed. When you have uncles who are Christian and aunties who are Moslem or cousins who speak a different tongue, You tend to be more tolerant of other cultures, That's all i am saying.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
I WOULD BE AT THE FORE-FRONT OF DIVIDING NIGERIA IRRESPECTIVE OF MY FAMILIES ''INTERBREEDING'' IF I THOUGHT IT WAS LOGICAL. I AM NOT A POLITICIAN NEITHER DO I ENJOY ANY BENEFITS FROM THE SO CALLED COUNTRY, I DONT EVEN LIVE ON ITS SHORES, BUT COMMON SENSE TELLS ME THAT NO SOLUTION TO OUR IMMINENT PROBLEMS CAN BE DERIVED FROM A DIVISION OF NIGERIA.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2010
I think you have actually now resolved your own dilema - Here are some quotes from you.

"I WOULD BE AT THE FORE-FRONT OF DIVIDING NIGERIA IRRESPECTIVE OF MY FAMILIES ''INTERBREEDING'' IF I THOUGHT IT WAS LOGICAL"

"Christianity and Islam are our biggest problems! I apologise if my remarks offend followers of both faiths but truth be told, religion has only helped in dividing us more than uniting us"

"When you have uncles who are Christian and aunties who are Moslem or cousins who speak a different tongue"

"UNLESS OUR VIEWS DONT COUNT SINCE WE HAVE BEEN ''STAINED'' BY MIXING UP A BIT"

"God help Nigeria"

Its obvious you actually know and accept that - Nigeria must split - And your family must split!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by macnuel: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2010
Let's forget all these talk about Ghadaffi. We are only making him feel proud of himself. If all he knows is route people and cause civil unrest. Let us let him be. He has a right to speak and we have heard. it is left to us to take a stand on this issue. My own conspiracy theory is this: Ghadaffi wants a unified Africa and Nigeria is one of the unstable countries standing in between the realization of that fact. he has seen us as unstable and is playing us by it. And we are all proving how unstable and stupid we can be. He strikes a match and we have so far helped him set the forest on fire. Like a friend rightly said and as I had pointed out earlier, splitting Nigeria is not our problem. Electoral reform is not an issue for us. We are being governed by bad leaders and that is what we should rid this nation of. Understanding our individual needs is also important. Let us sort that and we can be sure that we will have a better country. All these arguments won't take us any higher. A lot of us Nairalanders are youths. If we can't unify in voice, how are we not sure Nigeria can't split. It starts from here. Ghadaffi's suggestion is just to test us as a nation, as far as I am concerned. We've been through a lot. We will go through with this. If we split, we still carry our problems with us. Why not remain one and sort this issue?

One Nigeria! Happy 50 years independence!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
Son of god is obviously here to tease, Well, its a serious matter and i am not joking. My quotes suggest that there is a problem that needs addressing. Taking it out of context might satisfy your lust and justify your reason for a split. However, I simply address the problem but do not agree to the solution offered unless it makes any logical sense.

I can assure you that after a split, the problem we are now facing will continue to persist. The PDP party members who are currently ruling don't see hausa or ibo when they jointly loot from our beloved nation, There are thieves within all tribes and elected officials across the nation. How does a split stop the abuse of power
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Mesef1: 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijaFrank:

There are millions of multi-tribal families like mine all over Nigeria (UNLESS OUR VIEWS DONT COUNT SINCE WE HAVE BEEN ''STAINED'' BY MIXING UP A BIT (LOL) ).

We are possibly, the only solution to Nigeria's cultural problem. Kids born into families like mine - are able to see beyond the differences of language and creed. When you have uncles who are Christian and aunties who are Moslem or cousins who speak a different tongue, You tend to be more tolerant of other cultures, That's all i am saying.

Let us stop being illusioned by this Nigeria project that will never work. The British never wanted it to work. Our fore runners for their selfish interest (Awo and Zik had personal ambitions to rule the most populous black nation on earth) refused to confront the fraud in the almagamation of Nigeria.

Our foundation as a country was built on deceit, falsehood, ethnic sentiments, selfish personal ambitions, mistrust between the major ethnic groups (as evident from the regional structure of political parties at independence) and religious shackles. Using marriage as an example; where there is no trust, the marriage fails. That is the reason why a President from a certain part of Nigeria would be ill and incapacitated and his kinsmen would do anything to prevent his Vice who is from another part of the country take over. Ask yourself, why the need for rotational nonsense, sorry rotational presidency if there is trust?

Gaddafi may not be of good morals and character but he got this right spot on. We need to go our seperate ways. We need to break up into smaller nations and in my opinion need not necessarily be along ethnic lines but based on as many ethnic groups who will come together to negotiate how they will co-habit in the same nation. Hosnia and Hezergovania broke away from Yugoslavia but is not ethnically homogenous. The people of the comprising ethnic groups share the same ideology and agreed to go together. At first me may break into as many as 100 nations but i am so certain that some nations would find the need to come together via negotiations. In fact, to sound optimistic, i believe that we can still have the country called Nigeria back depending on the negotiations that takes place. From the American example where all the states joined the federation at different times, all the break-away nations could still negotiate one big country.

One thing would be certain afterall, if we ever find the need to come together again, we would be living together with so much respect for each other and our co-habitation would have been seriously bargained for. Except we scatter, I dont see any peace and mutual respect in this fraud called Nigeria.

To some people who think the love lost between some tribes or ethnic group will continue after the breakaway, I have this to say. I think the problem is that we have not really define/negotiated our co-habitation. Once there is that negotiation, respect will come in. And that is what those calling for true federalism and constitutional conference (not the politicized one) are hoping to achieve; a co-habitation based on trust and mutual respect.

naijaFrank: Let me give you a candid advice. You choose whichever country you want to belong to. I am sure that option will be open to you.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Sunofgod(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2010
Me Sef - Wise words

Naijafrank - Its not in all regions that your family (Contaminated Genes) will be actually welcome.

cool
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
No amount of concerted cyber-based propaganda by disgruntled hate-filled fascists will ever stop Nigeria from continuing to be the giant of Africa.
But what is so shocking is the sheer lack of imagination of these reactionaries. They are ready to jump on every passing bandwagon without being able to present a structured coherent argument of their own.

The world has moved far beyond the days of Hitler and his Lebensraum policy.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sun of god:

Me Sef - Wise words

Naijafrank - Its not in all regions that your family (Contaminated Genes) will be actually welcome.

cool

A multi-tribal family is now contaminated, I am sure you are IBO! Ignorance don kill my brothers finish.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^That is all this "sun of god" character seems to be on about. This sick, depraved idea of somehow creating or fashioning an ethnically pure society
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Mesef1: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2010
tensor777:

No amount of concerted cyber-based propaganda by disgruntled fascists will ever stop Nigeria from continuing to be the giant of Africa.
But what is so shocking is the sheer lack of imagination of these reactionaries. They are ready to jump on every passing bandwagon without being able to present a structured coherent argument of their own.

The world has moved far beyond the days of Hitler and his Lebensraum policy.

What a vague contribution! What structured coherent and sensible solution have u proferred to the threatened continuing existence of your so called "giant of Africa" than just writing English I guess you are in the diaspora because those are the guys who try to rationalize things with all sort of western theories that has never worked here.

I am sure you will be on our side if you were to be a victim in the recent crisis in jos. Need we remain together and continue to kill ourselves just because Nigeria should remain together? Just how many more people would be killed for us to reach that promise land??

Guy, stop speaking English!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2010
There has been a recent attack on Nigerians living overseas - a questioning of our nationality as if we are somehow excluded from the realities of Nigeria. I travel back home often, I have families living there, i went to school in Jos and I also experienced the Kaduna crisis many years back. Who knows, i might be visiting when the next riot happens - will I be spared because i have an adopted home overseas?

Don't question our nationality just because we live somewhere else. We equally have rights to opinions and when we disagree with radical sentiments and hate propaganda - it is because we are capable of seeing a completely different version of the true problems of our country.

When will people back home see the big picture?

We now live in a Capital-driven world - Not an ethnically pure land. we are busy hating each other while the Lebanese, Indians and south africans are running the major businesses all over Nigeria and the Chinese have just started to claw their fangs into our resources. Please Keep hating, I hope it makes you guys create better lives for your offspring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Arrest 2 Female Suspected Bombers In Abuja / Soldiers Detain NAN Photojournalist At EFCC Convocation / Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.