Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,064 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum (11588 Views)

ECOWAS NEW JOB: Buhari Ponders Media Briefings To Region On Pandemic / Northern Youths Ask Igbos To Leave The Region On Or Before October 1st / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by nku5: 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

God bless you. These people from the SE don’t know what damage they have done to their relationship with Yorubasfor the past 6 years. I was in law school in the east and Yorubas(very young people oo) formed a knitted clique to protect themselves in enemy territory. This was at the height of chinua achebe’s “There was a country”. A lot of things were destroyed by the igbos during and after the Jonathan years.

The result is that over Nigerians are afraid of allowing the igbos rule Nigeria. How sad. cry

grin grin grin grin Lol at protection clique. You think we are like you people??

The only people in southern Nigeria that have set upon non-indigenes in their land with mass murder and genocide are yorubas. If your guilty conscience and bad belle plagued you while in Law school, it is your problem alone to face

10 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Danladi7: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Ok omo iya. If you say so.
ko si wahala.
divide and rule tactic awon omo yiibo yen ko gbodo work.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by ratcock: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
Interesting.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
nku5:

grin grin grin grin Lol at protection clique. You think we are like you people??

The only people in southern Nigeria that have set upon non-indigenes in their land with mass murder and genocide are yorubas. If your guilty conscience and bad belle plagued you while in Law school, it is your problem alone to face

That is because xenophobic tendencies is raring it’s ugly head due to excess migration of other tribes into Yoruba cities. I am for example anti migration within Nigeria. I feel all tribes should sit down and fix their regions but the igbos don’t like staying at home so they have largely brushed aside such suggestions. We are yet to see the worst of xenophobia if Nigeria’s economy doesn’t improve and igbos continue flooding Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
Danladi7:

ko si wahala.

divide and rule tactic awon omo yiibo yen ko gbodo work.

Kolework, won kere si wa gaaaaan. No cause for alarm really...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The North is united because of Islam. The south is predominantly Christian with a sizable Muslim population in yorubaland. However, both the Christian and Muslim population of Yorubas are united in seeing that the race(Yoruba) comes first-which automatically pits us against Igbos who want to see us suffer for a war they lost to Hausas. Hope you have been able to make sense of the complicated dynamics in the southern part of Nigeria?

I see it clearer. But is southwest not guilty of what the Igbos are accusing them of? Especially when you remember the role played by Awolowo...the 20 pound policy

4 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

I see it clearer. But is southwest not guilty of what the Igbos are accusing them of? Especially when you remember the role played by Awolowo...the 20 pound policy

Yes, we are guilty but that is a recent phenomenon. Prior to the Jonathan years, yorubas were unaware of any ill feeling from our igbo brothers due to the war. Over the years, liberal Yorubas have been radicalized to protect Yoruba interests against the threat of the igbos. In essence, igbo hatred jolted a lot of Yorubas to the threat posed by a politically empowered igbo tribe. That’s one of the reasons I joined Nairaland to sensitize fellow Yorubas on the hate oozing from our igbo country men. smiley

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by nku5: 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

That is because xenophobic tendencies is raring it’s ugly head due to excess migration of other tribes into Yoruba cities. I am for example anti migration within Nigeria. I feel all tribes should sit down and fix their regions but the igbos don’t like staying at home so they have largely brushed aside such suggestions. We are yet to see the worst of xenophobia if Nigeria’s economy doesn’t improve and igbos continue flooding Yoruba land.

Trash!!!!

What a shameless excuse. Hate, jealousy , envy, bigotry and criminal tendencies have motivated yorubas into killing non-indigenes on yoruba soil. Ijaws, Igbos, Efiks, hausas etc have been targets so stop deceiving yourself. In Port Harcourt, yorubas want to die on top of the transport industry but indigenes have never killed your people even with all their militancy.

Do you know how relatives and kinsmen of people killed will look upon yoruba people? You are talking about peaceful igbos damaging relationships

6 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yes, we are guilty but that is a recent phenomenon. Prior to the Jonathan years, yorubas were unaware of any ill feeling from our igbo brothers due to the war. Over the years, liberal Yorubas have been radicalized to protect Yoruba interests against the threat of the igbos. In essence, igbo hatred jolted a lot of Yorubas to the threat posed by a politically empowered igbo tribe. That’s one of the reasons I joined Nairaland to sensitize fellow Yorubas on the hate oozing from our igbo country men. smiley

So in essence, you are saying that the Yorubas have been intentionally treacherous against any Igbo agenda just because of some perceived payback character exhibited by few men appointed by Jonathan? Do those few now represent the whole?

Now I see why those in the know rooted for an Uche Secondus chairmanship in the PDP. Because even if the SW had won, it would have amounted to continuation of treachery against Igbos.

Are Igbos to be feared this much?

11 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by CrtlAltDel: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
raker300:
Op why do you sound surprised?

These guys solely voted for Buhari to “deal with igbos”

Am not surprised how bitter they have become

Me and other Pro new republicans welcome such mediocre brazing show of pettiness.

It helps our case..

Pro biafrans just sit and watch
Hold on, it is okay for the Igbos to vote whoever they like but it is not for the Yorubas , if they do it is to "deal with igbos"… please pray tell who did Yorubas vote for in 2011 and was Buhari not a contestant. When we say you igbos are the biggest hypocrite on earth dont insult us cos you guys keep proving us right everytime grin grin

2 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
nku5:

Trash!!!!

What a shameless excuse. Hate, jealousy , envy, bigotry and criminal tendencies have motivated yorubas into killing non-indigenes on yoruba soil. Ijaws, Igbos, Efiks, hausas etc have been targets so stop deceiving yourself. In Port Harcourt, yorubas want to die on top of the transport industry but indigenes have never killed your people even with all their militancy.

Do you know how relatives and kinsmen of people killed will look upon yoruba people? You are talking about peaceful igbos damaging relationships

Who was killed in yorubaland and where? When I say xenophobia, I don’t mean the South African model. For anti migration Yorubas like myself, it is more of a policy thing than actually hacking down igbos or ijaws on the streets. Yorubas are not that savage or barbaric.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

So in essence, you are saying that the Yorubas have been intentionally treacherous against any Igbo agenda just because of some perceived payback character exhibited by few men appointed by Jonathan? Do those few now represent the whole?

Now I see why those in the know rooted for an Uche Secondus chairmanship in the PDP. Because even if the SW had won, it would have amounted to continuation of treachery against Igbos.

Are Igbos to be feared this much?

The hate coming out of online platforms from igbo youths and the body language of igbo leaders are a pointer of what is to come if igbo ever have federal power. See what they did to yorubas in the Jonathan years. Igbos practically misled that man to alienate the Yorubas and here we are today. It is a Cold War Bro.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by orisa37: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
This is gibberish!!!
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The hate coming out of online platforms from igbo youths and the body language of igbo leaders are a pointer of what is to come if igbo ever have federal power. See what they did to yorubas in the Jonathan years. Igbos practically misled that man to alienate the Yorubas and here we are today. It is a Cold War Bro.

I've always been a nationalist who advocate the doing away with every tribal politics, but I must confess that you are opening my eyes to a war I wasn't aware existed.

That I shall never forget

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

I've always been a nationalist who advocate the doing away with every tribal politics, but I must confess that you are opening my eyes to a war I wasn't aware existed.

That I shall never forget

Welcome on board. grin

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by mgbadike81: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

I'm a one Nigeria proponent because I believe those differences can be contained if we agree.

Why is the North so United and the south so bickered?
because the north is a nation of it's own while the South is made up of two nations. the three original regions that's were amalgamated to form Nigeria. Nigeria can't exist because our differences are irreconcilable. Awolowo called Nigeria " an ordinary geographical expression created by the British for their own evil and selfish interest ".the man might be mean but he was definitely not a fool. the very fact that people are event discussing Buhari's reelection shows this country is on the part to self destruction.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
mgbadike81:
because the north is a nation of it's own while the South is made up of two nations. the three original regions that's were amalgamated to form Nigeria. Nigeria can't exist because our differences are irreconcilable. Awolowo called Nigeria " an ordinary geographical expression created by the brief for their own evil and selfish interest ".the man might be mean but he was definitely not a fool. the very fact that people are event discussing Buhari's reelection shows this country is on the part to self destruction.

Rightly said. Nigeria might be a country, but we are definitely not a Nation.

But secession is not the only way out, I suppose.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Welcome on board. grin

So you are happy to sow more discord?

Are you sure you are Yoruba or a northern propagandist?

3 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Bridget95(f): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

And how am I begging for pity from igbos? The Yorubas are above igbos and have been so for almost 5 decades after the war. So how can I beg for pity from a people who are beneath my tribe in almost facets of life in Nigeria?
what makes you thinks your tribe greater than the Igbo? the great foot prints of the igbo in investment and human population is obviously visible from northern Nigeria to south and every other part of Nigeria and the world at large.There is no village you go to without seeing igbo investments and population in quantifiable terms.DO not be deceived by lagos even right there the giant igbo footprints in material and human resources is abundant .

3 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Jaideyone(m): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
raker300:
Op why do you sound surprised?

These guys solely voted for Buhari to “deal with igbos”

Am not surprised how bitter they have become

Me and other Pro new republicans welcome such mediocre brazing show of pettiness.

It helps our case..

Pro biafrans just sit and watch
hahahaha you over estimate IBO importance.

we voted for buhari because he was the better candidate. Jonathan spent 6yrs and only did two things in a region with 6states.
-federal university oye Ekiti
-Lagos Ibadan expressway rehabilitation (was only started and was at 20% completion when we voted against Jonathan)

so after 6yrs Jonathan brought no meaningful development development to my region and you still expect me to give him my vote? no way

like I said earlier, we didn't vote buhari because you people. get over yourself grin

you that you voted Jonathan tell me one meaningful project Jonathan started and completed in the south east in 6yrs. don't mention the seaport (airportgrin) in Enugu o. we all know that one is a failed project. oya mention one GEJ's project in the south east

2 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by mgbadike81: 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

Rightly said. Nigeria might be a country, but we are definitely not a Nation.

But secession is not the only way out, I suppose.
it is,believe me Atiku,Buhari,Tinubu or Peter Obi won't achieve much for this country as long as tribal politics is prevalent. any great country on earth is either made up of a single predominant tribe or a mixture of numerous small tribes with each too small to dominate the others. it's almost impossible for a country with a few major tribes to succeed, instead violence, pressure and backwardness would be their fortune. beliefs me,if Nigeria disintegrates today, the resultant nations would be more progressive and good neighbours to each other than we have been as a united country.

6 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Jaideyone(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
jomonic:

Jonathan tried to create balance in appointments. I am sure you want all of Nigeria given to you guys on a platter.
hahahahaha clown balance on what? the most powerful Yoruba man in GEJ's government was minister of agriculture grin now that's balance in your own dictionary. I no wan laugh abeg

2 Likes

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Jaideyone:
hahahahaha clown balance on what? the most powerful Yoruba man in GEJ's government was minister of agriculture grin now that's balance in your own dictionary. I no wan laugh abeg

There is something called live and let live. It is also called accommodation of other people. Don't you guys want others to survive. In Nigeria there are over 250 ethnic groups and you still think only of your own group. This is sickness and one that is difficult to cure. I will discuss less of these topics on Nairaland because many Yorubas i meet on the road reason impartially. I think this forum is a gathering of likeminded ethnic oriented people irrespective of origin. I am in my last days here.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
mgbadike81:
it is,believe me Atiku,Buhari,Tinubu or Peter Obi won't achieve much for this country as long as tribal politics is prevalent. any great country on earth is either made up of a single predominant tribe or a mixture of numerous small tribes with each too small to dominate the others. it's almost impossible for a country with a few major tribes to succeed, instead violence, pressure and backwardness would be their fortune. beliefs me,if Nigeria disintegrates today, the resultant nations would be more progressive and good neighbours to each other than we have been as a united country.

Have you thought of the 1963 constitution?

I think regionalism would achieve an equal aim.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by mgbadike81: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

Have you thought of the 1963 constitution?

I think regionalism would achieve an equal aim.
you mean the 1963 constitution that saw awolowo locked up in the far east on trumped up charges while the western boils In violence? a violence that didn't stop until the nzeogwu coup,by then claiming the lives of an estimated 3,000 Yoruba youths. the constitution that actively allowed tribalism in the army, northern army officers lacking basic educational requirements been recruited? have you ever read the speeches of ahmadu bello or watched his interview videos on YouTube as he preaches northerniz
sation? chairman, that constitution failed then and would fail now.over one hundred years of of Nigeria's existence is enough to prove that Nigerian is a failed project.

1 Like

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by abdulwastecx(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Danladi7:

Forget about it,igbo dont givea fvck about weither you are a yoruba muslim or Christian.Nether do hausa fulani care weither you are Christian or muslim!
you are simply yoruba withi nigerian context!

Best comment ever
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
mgbadike81:
you mean the 1963 constitution that saw awolowo locked up in the far east on trumped up charges while the western boils In violence? a violence that didn't stop until the nzeogwu coup,by then claiming the lives of an estimated 3,000 Yoruba youths. the constitution that actively allowed tribalism in the army, northern army officers lacking basic educational requirements been recruited? have you ever read the speeches of ahmadu bello or watched his interview videos on YouTube as he preaches northerniz
sation? chairman, that constitution failed then and would fail now.over one hundred years of of Nigeria's existence is enough to prove that Nigerian is a failed project.

You just chose to mirror the failures of the constitution without giving credit to its successes.

That constitution saw the growth of different regions on their own pace. Using what is available to them.

That was the constitution that had foreigners as arbiters while our fathers. discussed and agreed on bases upon which they were to coexist.

Nigeria may not have faired well enough, but don't be so pessimistic about it's future.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by ZorGBUooeh: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:
What is all these nonsense? I read your lengthy post and I feel your pain but a concensus has been reached in the minds of all Yorubas as it relates to igbos. We would always oppose you. It is like how the republicans would always oppose the Democratic Party.

Congratulations to Uche Secondus and all igbos out there. We yorubas have a new cause to follow and perfect.
NDO oooh..Jst go ad sleep over the news you will wake up fine cheesy
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

Lol.

Is that why it is an unwritten code somewhere to never let the Igbos rise again?

Sorry for you. There was such unwritten code against Germany and Japan after the world wars. Germany almost conquered the whole Europe and Japan wrecked havoc in Asia. Ask the Chinese and Americans, they know what the Japanese are made of. Same way the Europeans know what the Germans can do.

After the wars, the 'senseless code' you mention against Igbos was devised. Germany was divided and occupied across the Berlin wall and its scientists flown abroad. Japan suffered Atomic devastation and lost its military complex.

Despite these, they have risen again.
Today, Germany rules Europe without question and Japan rules asia. They failed to achieve the rulership using wars but today they have achieved it with talent and gift. The US today still courts these two countries and values their stand globally.

Let me tell you, ignorant one, the unwritten code you spoke about is Expiring fast and the igbos are rising. There is Nothing you can do to stop it. Nothing.
So the earlier you understand that Nature distributes the Sun equally across all nations, the better for you.

And heed the warning of op. He is wise and knows history. The North will NEVER hand power to the Yorubads. Learn from history and make peace with your Southern brothers. After Buhari, power goes to the East. Mark my words.

Finally, the unwitten code you mention is Expiring because it is Not God's code. Hence it cannot stand. Man is mere mortal. God's will Rules among man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by mgbadike81: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
OfficialAwol:

You just chose to mirror the failures of the constitution without giving credit to its successes.

That constitution saw the growth of different regions on their own pace. Using what is available to them.

That was the constitution that had foreigners as arbiters while our fathers. discussed and agreed on bases upon which they were to coexist.

Nigeria may not have faired well enough, but don't be so pessimistic about it's future.
chairman, I have given up on Nigeria, it's the only way to to avoid been sad with her never ending failures like the 1963 constitution. let each nationality go their separate way and determine their destiny,forming alliances as they see fit.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
Guestlander:

This reminds me of the PDP under Jonathan. Reminds me of how Yorubas were purged from the aviation ministry and replaced with ibos. Reminds me how Yorubas were hard to find in Jonathan''s administration. Sorry to be direct though.

So now that your region removed Jonathen, yorubas are everywhere ehn. I see how yorubas now control Nigeria. By being sidelined in the govt they midwifed.

This stupid reasoning is the bane of the yorubaman. Reality will dawn upon you when apc holds their convention. Only then will you understand what the yorubas have been reduced to. Wait and see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by manutdrichie(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Onijagidijagan:
Before d election sef PDP my anus. Fayose is a betrayal we shall make sure he doesn't d VP slot meanwhile let him continue his collaboration with WIKE

Mttcheeeew... as if you voted for Obj in 1999

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bayelsa APC Faction: Secretariat Built With Corrupt Funds, Cause Of Our Bad Luck / INEC Job: Despite Criticisms, Senate Set To Recommend Onochie’s Confirmation / Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.