Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum (11595 Views)

ECOWAS NEW JOB: Buhari Ponders Media Briefings To Region On Pandemic / Northern Youths Ask Igbos To Leave The Region On Or Before October 1st / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by diadem10: 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
nku5:

You jump into my mentions and want to sneak out because you have no answer and its too late to move the goalpost. Come and read about how "accommodating" yorubas were in 1999. SMH

"On 25 November, a young man, Mohammed, was knifed
in the belly. He was rushed to hospital and was lucky to survive. They beat a lot of our members who started chasing them out. We went to the main road. The road was blocked. They were stopping all vehicles.

They would offload any Hausa or Igbo, kill them and set them on fire"

Disgrace to the south....

No amount of your thrash can change history which we're revisiting today. You can go cry me a river.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by reality1010: 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
diadem10:

Exactly!

They had everything in the 60's. They not only oversaw the affairs of the federal government but were also the ones overseeing most of the jobs in the SW, for example unibadan staffs but they were never contented. They went out to kill every regional leaders except the Ibos, plunged Nigeria into crisis and lost all in the end yet have the nerves to play the victim?

The most annoying was Jonathan's regime. They basically sabotaged the regime and destroyed what could have been.. Very greedy and selfish folks.
I wonder whether u went to school.From 1966 to 1998 Ibo were out of govt, Nigeria became backward all because of the Yorubas who stole d govt dry not to mention the Hausa fulanis who r insatiable with corruption.Under Jonathan govt they could not steal bc GEJ didnot allow them but the Huasa Fulanis still came out top with Dasuki looting. Today yorubas r stealing again,by d time they leave govt Nigeria would v gone backward 70yrs.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by deji17: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
diadem10:

Exactly!

They had everything in the 60's. They not only oversaw the affairs of the federal government but were also the ones overseeing most of the jobs in the SW, for example unibadan staffs but they were never contented. They went out to kill every regional leaders except the Ibos, plunged Nigeria into crisis and lost all in the end yet have the nerves to play the victim?

The most annoying was Jonathan's regime. They basically sabotaged the regime and destroyed what could have been.. Very greedy and selfish folks.

Yes you are right. They had everything in the sixties except two things:
(1) Position of the Prime Minister
(2) Visionary and selfless leaders....

Because the North does not have many qualified personnel and the Yorubas have been sidelined, they occupy most of the important ministries and Federal positions.
But while they were busy fighting for and sharing positions, the "illiterate North" was busy industrializing the North. Example is the Kaduna textile, Kainji dam etc...

Very self centered and myopic people.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by modik(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
reality1010:

Well u bothered urself with yoruba attitude.I like ur word, "negatively smart".Honestly that is their attitude.Obasanjo was brought into power by the North,South East and South South after the yorubas betrayed themselves.APC was never and will never be a national party.Unfortunately, some Nigerians wanted a better system not knowing that the Yorubas were playing ethnic politics.After the APC govt came in they changed their attitude and brought failure on the govt.Ministers of Finance, Power,houseing,communication,and solid minirals v failed in their capacities.And we v seen that the yoruba man can never be trusted better u trust a snake than a yoruba man.Now they r looking for another opportunity haven failed to see Buhari dead for Osibaba to takee over.Very funny people.The Yoruba votes are only confined in South West while the Igbo votes can make up the required percentage in the South WEst and still give block votes from South East.
In 2019, PMB will be defeated in North Central.His votes will be shared in South West,North East, and North West,while he will be defeated in South East and South South.
I beg to disagree with you.

Your postulation shall come to pass if and only if the instrumentality of rigging fails the incumbent.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by diadem10: 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
reality1010:

Well u bothered urself with yoruba attitude.I like ur word, "negatively smart".Honestly that is their attitude.Obasanjo was brought into power by the North,South East and South South after the yorubas betrayed themselves.APC was never and will never be a national party.Unfortunately, some Nigerians wanted a better system not knowing that the Yorubas were playing ethnic politics.After the APC govt came in they changed their attitude and brought failure on the govt.Ministers of Finance, Power,houseing,communication,and solid minirals v failed in their capacities.And we v seen that the yoruba man can never be trusted better u trust a snake than a yoruba man.Now they r looking for another opportunity haven failed to see Buhari dead for Osibaba to takee over.Very funny people.The Yoruba votes are only confined in South West while the Igbo votes can make up the required percentage in the South WEst and still give block votes from South East.
In 2019, PMB will be defeated in North Central.His votes will be shared in South West,North East, and North West,while he will be defeated in South East and South South.

What stupid better system? You mean your clannish system under Jona where Ibo were the pillar of the buffon government? A corruption pillar?

Why disturb our ear with your stupid second Niger bridge when Jonathan had already constructed it for you clannish folks who only knows about greed and victim play? Where's Olisah metuh? Let him come and carry his greedy people comot for here..

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by diadem10: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2017
reality1010:

I wonder whether u went to school.From 1966 to 1998 Ibo were out of govt, Nigeria became backward all because of the Yorubas who stole d govt dry not to mention the Hausa fulanis who r insatiable with corruption.Under Jonathan govt they could not steal bc GEJ didnot allow them but the Huasa Fulanis still came out top with Dasuki looting. Today yorubas r stealing again,by d time they leave govt Nigeria would v gone backward 70yrs.

Lol.. Ekuweme who was Shagari's vice president was a British, right?

How about Ahmadu's slave, Zik, who was our ceremonial premier?

Are we to forget that Ibo got a lot of juicy post under Abacha whom they made a million man march for?

And who was the pillar of Jonathan's government if not the Ibos? Lol.

Abegi, goan sleep.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by diadem10: 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
deji17:

Yes you are right. They had everything in the sixties except two things:
(1) Position of the Premier
(2) Visionary and selfless leaders....

Because the North does not have many qualified personnel and the Yorubas have been sidelined, they occupy most of the important ministries and Federal positions.
But while they were busy fighting for and sharing positions, the "illiterate North" was busy industrializing the North. Example is the Kaduna textile, Kainji dam etc...

Very self centered and myopic people.

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

They rather prefer to team up with the "illiterate North'' than the educated smart SW because they thought it would be easier to lord over the illiterates than the SW. They never knew that the "born to rule" North would never allow for such despite their illiteracy.

Except for these political powers which the North never let go, Ibos occupied all the juicy federal ministries and jobs because they were literates and had the North's favours while the Yoruba were sidelined in all of these yet they were never satisfied. They wanted powers at all cost and went ahead to plung Nigeria into her first coup, killing every regional leaders in the process except the Ibos!

How they can still play the victim is beyond me.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by deji17: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
diadem10:

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

They rather prefer to team up with the "illiterate North'' than the educated smart SW because they thought it would be easier to lord over the illiterates than the SW. They never knew that the "born to rule" North would never allow for such despite their illiteracy.

Except for these political powers which the North never let go, Ibos occupied all the juicy federal ministries and jobs because they were literates and had the North's favours while the Yoruba were sidelined in all of these yet they were never satisfied. They wanted powers at all cost and went ahead to plung Nigeria into her first coup, killing every regional leaders in the process except the Ibos!

How they can still play the victim is beyond me.

But they later paid dearly for it through the Civil war. There is a God who watches over the Yorubas... Yorubas are the most liberal and "careless", but whatever pit they dug for us, they end up falling inside it themselves.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by diadem10: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
Double post.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by diadem10: 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
deji17:

But they later paid dearly for it through the Civil war. There is a God who watches over the Yorubas... Yorubas are the most liberal and "careless", but whatever pit they dug for us, they end up falling inside it themselves.

Exactly. We have a God who fights for the Yorubas.

I keep saying that the civil war is little compared to the Karma that's on its way unless they repent of their evil ways because God isn't an emotional nor sentimental being. He pays back according to what you deserve.

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
diadem10:

Exactly. We have a God who fights for the Yorubas.

I keep saying that the civil war is little compared to the Karma that's on its way unless they repent of their evil ways because God isn't an emotional nor sentimental being. He pays back according to what you deserve.

Stop thinking little. Look at the big picture.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 13, 2017
Olril18:

I'm yoruba,I find your comments about my ethnic group disparaging and offensive... the fact you are arguing with ethnic jingoists like you does not mean you have to drag a tribe of more than 40 million people through the mud.

My post is neutral. What you perceive from it is but a reflection of your inner being. If it's disparaging the the word aptly captures your nature
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 1:55am On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:
What is all these nonsense? I read your lengthy post and I feel your pain but a concensus has been reached in the minds of all Yorubas as it relates to igbos. We would always oppose you. It is like how the republicans would always oppose the Democratic Party.

Congratulations to Uche Secondus and all igbos out there. We yorubas have a new cause to follow and perfect.
Do as you please.Nobody cares even buhari.if you dont know let me tell you,if buhari is assured of igbo votes,he will drop osibande,cause you guys cannot be trusted. Igbos dont need your vote.
chew that.
buhari has been trying to court the igbos even promising them presidency in 2023,but we are no fools.we know where we stand.we are loyal and i can tell you everyone respects the igbos for that.
Presidency means nothing to us.all we want is justice and fairness.
You can eat the throne for all we care,but the end shall tell.
if you dont know,your tribe has become a political burden.see insult being thrown up and down at tinubu.smh.
c
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 1:59am On Dec 13, 2017
Guestlander:
The whole write up is all jumbled together without a clear direction and full of suppositions and conjectures.

PDP represents failure and missed opportunities, I don't know how they will convince Nigerians to trust them again in light of what we now know about how they ran the country.
Speak for yourself and your region.everyone is applauding them after a successful convention.
pdp will convince nigerians the same way apc convinced nigerians to vote buhari,a man without credentials.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Onijagidijagan:
Before d election sef PDP my anus. Fayose is a betrayal we shall make sure he doesn't d VP slot meanwhile let him continue his collaboration with WIKE
To hell who cares.Nigeria has six geo-zone and yours is just one ,so #keeeeepuquawyet
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:04am On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I know right but it can never happen. We hate ourselves too much to agree on anything. I fear for my tribe if igbos become VP or President of Nigeria. Your tribe has never hidden her intention to make Yorubas suffer for your loss in the Civil war.
Y you dey fear?thought you said igbos can never be president or hold any political position?Go and eat the presidency.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:08am On Dec 13, 2017
RZArecta:
Uche Secondus is an Andoni man from Rivers state not an Igbo man so please watch where you lump him cool
His name is Uche.Take a knife and stab yourself cheesy
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:09am On Dec 13, 2017
plessis:
I expect a massive defection of Yoruba pdp politicians to APC in the coming days.
Hood bye to them.nobody cares.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:13am On Dec 13, 2017
grin grin grin which states will fayose deliver in the southwest not to talk of the south?fayose has no political value from 2018.
The southeWest is a politicAl Burden,ask buhari.l
Kaymercury:
seems the Igbos are yet to understand the joker Yorubas are playing.if you like wail from now till 2080 nothing is gonna change the position you are in nigeria politics we are sophisticated we plan from the beginning till the very end think deeply about what happened at the just concluded convention perhaps you may see what I'm trying to prove to you VP slot is coming to the south certainly no southerner dare wrestle it with fayose

kaymercury©
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:18am On Dec 13, 2017
diadem10:

Lol.. Ekuweme who was Shagari's vice president was a British, right?

How about Ahmadu's slave, Zik, who was our ceremonial premier?

Are we to forget that Ibo got a lot of juicy post under Abacha whom they made a million man march for?

And who was the pillar of Jonathan's government if not the Ibos? Lol.

Abegi, goan sleep.
osibande ;DThe northern slave grin
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by shallysgirl: 2:20am On Dec 13, 2017
deji17:

which god?the islamic being you slam your head to?Go and eat the presidency.shior.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by slivertongue: 3:23am On Dec 13, 2017
Kaymercury:
seems the Igbos are yet to understand the joker Yorubas are playing.if you like wail from now till 2080 nothing is gonna change the position you are in nigeria politics we are sophisticated we plan from the beginning till the very end think deeply about what happened at the just concluded convention perhaps you may see what I'm trying to prove to you VP slot. is coming to the south certainly no southerner dare wrestle it with fayose

kaymercury©

I am surprised at the reaction of the yoruba nation concerning the PDP convention. its politics and the south south got it. just like gmb won the presidency with d support of yorubas.

It is unfortunate that the debate on the contest within the PDP has been reduced to ethnic competition in which the name of the winner is now assosiated with a region despite the man being a native of rivers state. it is sad that when the going is good folks like him are considered to come from south south but when otherwise the igbos are set apart for punishment because of linguistic connections. The party chair was first offered to the south west and jimi agbaje was the choice but protest from the south west and the cases in court stood in the way. The convention was for party members and majority had their way so the assumption that the south west was targeted is an insult and an attempt to stir up sentiments. Aint a yoruba man the deputy? aint there other yoruba officials. personaly i wanted gbenga daniel as chair but the delegates thought otherwise.

The south south has picked up the bills of the PDP from 2000 till date, again the crisis dat tore the soul of the PDP apart started with the SW zonal elections and oyinlola's imposition. oyinlola and those who took him to court later reconcilled and moved over to the APC. the earlier protest against jimi is a pointer that the same thing may happen if someone from the zone wins the chair of the party - litigations as usual will set the party on fire. i guess the south south wanted the seat so as to preserve their region from outsiders who could infiltrate the zone and mortgage their interest to the APC.

All the talk about the VP going to the south west is premature because it is not a right. the igbo political elites are diehard PDP members and faithfully voted obj, yaradua and gej. they have made it clear that they will fight for the VP's slot or no deal. They have worked for others thus others ought to work for them. For them they are in the PDP for the good and bad times. Except the igbos let go nobody can take it away from them through intimidation or blackmail. as it stands, the APC is mainly peopled by NW, NE and SW. for the PDP its SS, SE and NC. the south west must carefully interrogate issues before coming to a conclusion. moreover the niger delta can use their contributions to the economy to negotiate their way.

I have said it on this forum times without number that the middle belt and south south have come of age and anyone underating them does so at his or her peril because they wont lie low like the igbos. the PDP convention is a pointer to this thinking.

methink It wud be diffiult for the PDP to win Aso rock in 2019 but it is nt impossible. in 2023 the APC will cease to exist meaning PDP will stroll into aso rock.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by slivertongue: 3:27am On Dec 13, 2017
Kaymercury:
seems the Igbos are yet to understand the joker Yorubas are playing.if you like wail from now till 2080 nothing is gonna change the position you are in nigeria politics we are sophisticated we plan from the beginning till the very end think deeply about what happened at the just concluded convention perhaps you may see what I'm trying to prove to you VP slot is coming to the south certainly no southerner dare wrestle it with fayose

kaymercury©

I am surprised at the reaction of the yoruba nation concerning the PDP convention. its politics and the south south got it. just like gmb won the presidency with d support of yorubas.

It is unfortunate that the debate on the contest within the PDP has been reduced to ethnic competition in which the name of the winner is now assosiated with a region despite the man being a native of rivers state. it is sad that when the going is good folks like him are considered to come from south south but when otherwise the igbos are set apart for punishment because of linguistic connections. The party chair was first offered to the south west and jimi agbaje was the choice but protest from the south west and the cases in court stood in the way. The convention was for party members and majority had their way so the assumption that the south west was targeted is an insult and an attempt to stir up sentiments. Aint a yoruba man the deputy? aint there other yoruba officials. personaly i wanted gbenga daniel as chair but the delegates thought otherwise.

The south south has picked up the bills of the PDP from 2000 till date, again the crisis dat tore the soul of the PDP apart started with the SW zonal elections and oyinlola's imposition. oyinlola and those who took him to court later reconcilled and moved over to the APC. the earlier protest against jimi is a pointer that the same thing may happen if someone from the zone wins the chair of the party - litigations as usual will set the party on fire. i guess the south south wanted the seat so as to preserve their region from outsiders who could infiltrate the zone and mortgage their interest to the APC.

All the talk about the VP going to the south west is premature because it is not a right. the igbo political elites are diehard PDP members and faithfully voted obj, yaradua and gej. they have made it clear that they will fight for the VP's slot or no deal. They have worked for others thus others ought to work for them. For them they are in the PDP for the good and bad times. Except the igbos let go nobody can take it away from them through intimidation or blackmail. as it stands, the APC is mainly peopled by NW, NE and SW. for the PDP its SS, SE and NC. the south west must carefully interrogate issues before coming to a conclusion. moreover the niger delta can use their contributions to the economy to negotiate their way.

I have said it on this forum times without number that the middle belt and south south have come of age and anyone underating them does so at his or her peril because they wont lie low like the igbos. the PDP convention is a pointer to this thinking.

methink It wud be diffiult for the PDP to win Aso rock in 2019 but it is nt impossible. in 2023 the APC will cease to exist meaning PDP will stroll into aso rock.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by tifany89(m): 5:21am On Dec 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

You have spoken well but in putting up a resistance against igbo narcissisism and hate, I would rather not allow the Muslim North to take Yorubas hostage for the sake of those of us who are against Islam feudalism and terrorism in all its forms. The igbos are being taken care of and we don’t have to hate them to the death. They have their own nuisance value. You do not despise igbos as much as I do but I rather keep them within reach than allow the Muslim North unhindered access to the SW. Islam seeks to kill and destroy other religions and some of us are alert. Thank you for you concern.
In one breath you are Christian and you don't hate the Igbos and in other breath you despise them, is that what your own brand of Christianity is all about ? Despising God's creation ? In all of this u v made it look like it's the Igbos and Hausa's that are the problem and you have comfortably exonerated your tribe of any wrong doing . Do u mean to tell me the Yorubas are perfect?
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Kaymercury(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2017
slivertongue:

lol see permutation,daddy or abi uncle, I will not argue with you why don't you sit back and relax 2018 is around the corner
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Kaymercury(m): 7:11am On Dec 13, 2017
slivertongue:

lol see permutation, uncle abi brother,I will not argue with you.you failed to see despite the handwriting clearly written on the board maybe you see it thou you just decided to be living in denial.firstly PDP cannot win the forthcoming presidential election votes from Nw+Ne+Nc+some %from Sw is sufficient to send baba back to aso Rock. once PDP decided to zone the VP slot to SE which I'm quiet its next to impossible the remaining undecided % will be given to APC and after 2019 PDP will be reduced to ashes that is the plan

Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Kaymercury:
lol see permutation, uncle abi brother,I will not argue with you.you failed to see despite the handwriting clearly written on the board maybe you see it thou you just decided to be living in denial.firstly PDP cannot win the forthcoming presidential election votes from Nw+Ne+Nc+some %from Sw is sufficient to send baba back to aso Rock. once PDP decided to zone the VP slot to SE which I'm quiet its next to impossible the remaining undecided % will be given to APC and after 2019 PDP will be reduced to ashes that is the plan

One deft political move by the SE will be to support the SW for VP slot. VP slot is really ceremonial, paper tiger position. It will be a major step because we are dealing with compatriots plagued with short sightedness so it best to let them have a short-term palliative. With this they will not scuttle the big picture and with time we can achieve a saner society where all hateful people are kept in check.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2017
I can see the fire on Alcatraz005. Bring it on pals. Perhaps Alcatraz005 might find another vocation today than nairaland. For the past 3 days he has been on Igbo topic.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by joeyfire(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2017
I am just tired of these people abeg. They are now crying that Igbos didn't let them get PDP chairman. When it favours them they will say niger delta is not Igbo, when it is convenient they will say Uche Secondus is Igbo.

No need wasting time with this lot
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by jamesbriam099: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2017
OfficialAwol:

I'm a one Nigeria proponent because I believe those differences can be contained if we agree.

Why is the North so United and the south so bickered?
You are not telling yourself the truth.......the entity called Nigeria has being divide within 90% of the youth. those bunches of fools that called themselves leaders are pretending. As yoruba you can date igbo girl, the same as igbo guy. But when it comes to serious issues it 'll definitely show.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by Malawian(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2017
Yoruba people wanted to use the PDP Chairmanship position to bargain for a better working conditions within APC. Now, they have no option but to do as Buhari says. I dont even think PDP will win the next elections, but as it is now, Yoruba people do not have any bargaining power whatsoever, and Buhari is at liberty to drop them if he chooses. They know this, we all know this.
Re: There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum by jamesbriam099: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2017
jomonic:

Jonathan tried to create balance in appointments. I am sure you want all of Nigeria given to you guys on a platter.
my dear, you do not need to say much on that! 80% of yorubas are like pregnant woman that can never be pleased! -m not talking about North Coz they see no good in other tribe. I wish Buhari could win next election so that the country we 'll be more divide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo's From African Action Congress National (AAC) Convention In Lagos / Yari Defies APC Zoning Arrangement, Picks Nomination Form For Chairman / Lai: You Can’t Separate Buhari’s Achievements From Tinubu’s Presidential Bid

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114