Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother (19634 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by africanusvu(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:
I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

Pls how can someone be permanently born again without much sin ?

Note: he get some things wey Christians go count as sin and wey if ah no do na hunger go kill me...

Christian brothers over to you...
.okay.just take the phone number of the last pastor .after 3days and u want to slack.call the pastor and he will born u again on phone
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by mixratio(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
If sincerely you are athirst of geniun salvation, please follow the steps below.
1. Acknowledge . "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
God be merciful on me a sinner ( Luke 18:13).
You must be sincere at this stage. It is only when you accept yourself as a sinner that Jesus can save u.
2. Confess : if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)
From my own personal experience, I will advice you be specific in this area. ,I.e u name All the sins you can remember e.g Jesus please forgive me,I am a thief, I stole N300 from my mother's bag or I collected a book from my friend and refused to give him back or I committed fornication with Grace and kemi etc. The point here is that u should be specific, don't just say Jesus forgive me all my sins.
This part is a very important part, if u are sincere, you may find yourself crying as the holy spirit will be reminding you of sins you have forgotten about even for years. As the spirit reminds you ,please don't hesitate, as Jesus to forgive you and wash you with his blood. Note: the Devil will try to tell you that some are not sin and you don't need to ask for forgiveness, please ignore and pray on .
3. Repent: "I tell you, nay: but, except ye repent ,ye shall all likewise perish (Luke 13:3)
At this point, be GENUINELY sorry for your sins and ask forgiveness. Your prayer at this stage should go like this: lord Jesus, if you forgive me of my sins, I promise never to do them again.
4. FORSAKE : " let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thought: and let him return into the lord and he will have Mercy upon him .....for he will abundantly PARDON (isaiah 3:16)
You should pray and promise Jesus that if he saves you from your sins, you won't go back to them anymore. E.g if you save me, I won't tell lies again, I won't fornicate again etc
BELIEVE: for God so loved the world that .........WHOMSOEVER BELIEVETH should NOT perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
I am sure you are familiar with that verse. It is absolutely true. After following the above steps ,you should expect to hear from God. YOU will know when the work is done. So much joy will fill your heart, the joy of heaven. The spirit of God will bear witness with you that you are now born again . I must reiterate here, YOU will feel it. YOU will know.
The above steps may take time depending on your level of sincerity. If you are not sincere , you will just be praying for a long time and may not receive anything but if you are genuinly sincere, within minutes you can receive SALVATION.
I am a living witness, it is REAL.
God bless you Sir
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by JandyJ(m): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
One that is born again can't sin.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by bomsilaga(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
Shall we continu in sin that grace may abound? Romans 6:1, 1 john 3:9. If u claim to be saved and stil commit sin then u are fooling urself, u are not saved but still a sinner. Go and read the above scriptures and meditate on it so u cn stop calling urself a child of God while stil wallowing in sin
the scripture you quoted out of context has a begining, will you do away with the fact that the Holy scriptures made us to believe that where sin abounds, grace abounds even more.
btw your use of foul language directed at me doesnt show a renewed mind - though i dont care
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by hadow(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:
I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

Note: he get some things wey Christians go count as sin and wey if ah no do na hunger go kill me...

acts 3:19A: repent ye therefore and be converted .
1. You have to recognise that it isn't just by saying you are sorry you have to act on it for faith without works is DEAD.

2. You have to reconsider your ways with God if the only way you know you have sinned is when a preacher calls an altar call then you have missed it.

3. You have to repent and forsake those sins and flee from all triggers of sin.

4. You have to recognise the divinity and saving power of Christ. I.e he only can save your soul. Romans 10:13: whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved.

5. You have to have a spiritual stronghold I.e an active prayer life 1 Thessalonians 5:17, You have to have a quiet time where you create time to read your bible and meditate on the word of God Joshua 1:8 most preferably before dawn. and also fast regularly.

You must recognise that you have been bought with a price and that is the blood of Jesus that was shed for the remission of sins but it shouldn't be taken for granted
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Bollinger(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:
You are simply confused

I guess Fornication is your major stumbling block

Yes he is. Not because he keeps getting born again over and over again, but because he is yet to wake up to the reality that there is no god. Only lazy people believe in god.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
My dear, being born again is not riciting words along with your pastor, even though those words are in the Bible.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by AreaFada2: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
At least someone honest.

Most people sin daily. Even in our posts here on NL. Sin is sin, small or big.

Special advisers should look at themselves first. grin cheesy

@OP sinners cannot help you here. We can only be sanctimonious.

Moses committed one major error and was denied seeing the promised land.
Even blessed King David let konji get the better of him. Another man's wife even.

Salvation is not just through faith, work, discipline, commitment, piety, etc. It is largely through the grace of God.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
Bro 4get those born again prayers..
They are all mere jokes..

Born again is a thing of the heart not a thing of "raise your hand up and say after me"

You have just said the gospel truth... Respect!

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by kgr8mike(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
I will recommend you a book called "Changed Into His Likeness" by Watchman Nee.

Go find that book and read it.

God bless you.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by joeboy4reel(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Brother.....you need a good church where the truth of redemption is taught, ur problem is not that u are not born again....the very first time u asked Jesus into ur heart u were saved..ur problem is with ur mind...read the book of Romans thoroughly and understand that God loves you despite ur imperfections....stay blessed brother
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by terrezo2002(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

After you give your life to Christ, you become born into God's family. The next thing is for you to grow spiritually. You start praying, study God's words, living the word and engage in every spiritual activities that can help your growth.If you stay without doing all that what happens is that you automatically follow your old ways. You have to be deliberate in your growth. Keep getting hungry for more of God
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by StTrump: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
You are been born again by "feelings" not by some conviction or belief. You need a strong reason to convince yourself why you should be born again.

You got played by your Feelings
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by ugosteine23: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
O boy draw your ear because I know say u no dey attend Sunday school for church
After you are saved, you need to be sanctified. An unsanctified believer is susceptible to backsliding, hence the need for sanctification. The state of the human heart before salvation is one of the reasons why sanctification is necessary (Jeremiah 17:9)
To become sanctified,
(1) you must believe that it is possible to live holy (1pet 1:15-16)
(2) yousit admit that you cannot do it without the assistance of the Holy Spirit (John 15:5)
(3) finally ask God to remove the heart of stone and replace it with the heart of flesh.
N/b: sinners are no where in the Bible commanded to be sanctified. They are commanded to repent and turn from acts of sin (acts 17:30)
I pray that the Holy Spirit open your understanding.Amen
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by uvalued(m): 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:
I...

You have consistently heard loads of condemnation ... ROM 8.1 is your key.... Furthermore if you need a message that will keep you in a non condemned state. Quote me will give you a link
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by excel101(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

From your cmment, i don't think you're ready for it, but in case u are;
1. Always attend your local church meetings.
2. Make out time to study the bible.
3. don't be sin conscious.
4. Always have a conscious relationship with the HolySpirit, by acknowledging Him.
5. Pray always.
6. Be very close to your pastor for spiritual guidance.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by johnanu(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
ayourbamie:
You are born again, just that u r still living in sin.

This is false doctrine o... being born again means u are saved from sin... you become a new creature and old things are passed away...
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by matiuni: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=tayooluwole post=63356248]I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

God bless your Soul in Jesus name.I have gone through this experience before and a lot of Christians have gone and are still going through it.During my own time I was already baptised with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and already a member of the Prayer Team and yet I am not sure of my salvation.I stood up to every altar calls.

Assurance of Salvation.This is one thing that is not being taught in some Churches especially the orthodox one.John 1:11 says that immediately you accept Jesus as your Saviour and believe in the blood that he shed for our redemption you receive power to become a child of God and free from all condemnations.John 3:16,18.God sees you through Jesus and not based on whom you are but as a new person who is free from all accusations of sin. Romans 8:1;2 Corinthian 5:17.It is a matter of faith.You believe it and you live it Hebrew 6:11.

However at this level it is only your Spirit that is born again and you like new baby that must grow.To grow you must deliberately seek for it by taking the following steps.

Word of God.1Peters 2:2.The word is like a milk that a baby need to grow.It is also meats 1Corinthians 3:2 and bones Hebrew 5:12.The word has power to convert soul Psalm 19:7 and to renew your mind Romans 12:2.Deliberately feed your Spirit with the word and more faith will come as you know your rights in God and your responsibilities towards Him

Prayers:This is communication between you and God.You thank Him for whom He is and what He has done and what He will still do.You confess your inadequacies to him 1John1:9-10 and ask for grace and you present your needs before him.As you do this using the name of Jesus;your dependence and faith in him grows ,the same is your personal relationships with him.Jeremiah 33:3 Matthew 7:7 Luke 18:1 Psalm 50:15.There is a confidence and strength that is released when you approach the throne of God regularly .

Fellowship with other Children of God.Jesus says where two or more are gathered in His name He is there Matthew 18:20.The Bible says 2 are better than 1 .The Bible says iron sharpened iron.There is a common anointing,grace and power where ever children of God gather .Going to church give you opportunity to learn from those who knew better than you until you too will be able to help others.It enables you to serve God and as you serve God power is released.

As you do these your Spirit is developed to understand whom you are Christ and you are able to live a life of knowledge and Grace with victory above dirty fleshly desires.

As you do these you will see that you a child of God living under Grace in Jesus Christ and not a perpetual sinners and slaves that are unsure of who they are.

I am walking in power I am walking in miracle.I live a life of victory and Grace.l know who I am.I pray the above shall also be your testimony in Jesus Christ name.
God bless you real Good

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by klarke(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

lol, I am not married yet and I think for now, I deserve any beautiful thing under skirt...
Bro you still dey far, you need to reset your mindset with the word of God.
Being born again is loving Jesus who first loved you to the point of giving up His Glory to save you from sin "For the love of Christ constrains us..." 2 Corinthians 5:14
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by xtgozie(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
Confessing your sins, and trying to stop sin will not help anyone get his or her sins forgiving.

Salvation is a gift, and it is only few that found it. Many have tried to stop sin and be made right with God through stopping, lies, funication, stealing, etc. we have been taught to keep the law ( 10 commandment), but that is not true, because the law ( 10 commandment), was introduced so that sin will be much (Romans 5:20).
There is a a way which is hidden, and will only be revealed to whom He (God) choose, because he will have mercy to whom he will have mercy.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by savictory2(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
You can only be born again once. All you need is determination to follow your master and live by His word. Resist and overcome that sins that easily get you down and you will sing a new song.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Brother, I understand you most perfectly than anyone on this thread..trust me.....But what you need even more than ''repetitive repentance'' is understanding of God's word....As a Child of God you cannot sin, why because God's word that saved you preserves you (1John 3:9), nothing can ever take you away from God's love you need to know that........ What you should do is to speak the Word of God over your life and if you ever ''sin'' again just ask and receive forgiveness for your conscience sake...God bless you.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by traeces(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
I can very well relate with your story as it was my experience growing up as a child. I broke free from the cycle when I came to God in sincerity and faith penitently requiring his help. I will share a few points with you.
First, repentance must be sincere and in faith in what the lord Jesus did.
Second note: that you fell into sin does not invalidate your being born again. Jesus teaching us to pray said,"...forgive us our trespasses..." which means the possibility to fall into sin is not just there, it is provided for. However making a habit of sinning puts a big question mark on the born again claim according to 1st John.
Third, your new life is spiritual and can only be sustained by the word of God. Therefore;
a) Read the bible voraciously
b) Listen to the word of God preached (not money or how to be a success) by people whose lives are exemplery
c) Read good christian books
d) Cultivate Jesus' habit by waking up a great while before the morning to pray everyday. Keep a journal of your devotions. Use devotionals (there are many online- I use our daily bread)
e) Attend a church that believes, preaches and practices the bible
f) I think this is the most important, be discipled! That was what Jesus came to make and those were the people who were 1st called Christians.
May God help your spirit. Amen

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by chivic(m): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:

I said it grin

You need Jesus...No jokes

Young man when Jesus truely comes into your life,you will realize that you don't deserve to be committing formication (don't deserve anything on skirt)

The bible says that the anger of God is constantly upon the sinner. Its seems to me that you don't usually get born again but you only make an emotional decision and that shows how emotionally unstable when you see anything on skirt.

Repent and allow the holy spirit take absolute control and help you.

Because if you miss HIV,you might not miss some family generation curse that follows people that enback on fornication and then the devil can have easy access to you and can use you as Suya or even chewing gum at will.

The choice is yours.Choose this day whom you will follow,
1) anything on skirt
2) or your saviour Jesus Christ.

Holly spirit help this brother for he is perishing for lack of Knowledge.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by felibass: 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
being born again is automatic, but being transformed is a process as the human nature is sin. just imagine filling a glass with a coloured drink, eg coke then you begin to pour a clean water into the overflowing glass. it takes a while but when u don't give up and continue pouring without stopping, the liquid in the glass eventually becomes colourless water. I can go on and on but just visit the closest Dominion City and join the foundation school so u can get the real deal. you can say I'm advertising Church but I don't care cos u will thank me later, I don't need to sound nice.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by miraclejoy: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
Yes, multiple times in my early journey in christianity but i conquered at the end by engaging the Holy Spirit and i realise how cheap it is to defeat sin. I defeated Masturbation hands dwn and today i am a free man
congratulations . Hope no more lies, half truth/half lie, looking at fine women, etc .
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by hero2000: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
What makes you saved/ born again/ become a child of God is your faith in Jesus' sacrifice for you. When you are saved the Holy Spirit will start working in your heart to put to the death the manifestation of the flesh--greed, sexual immorality, etc.

I suspect the grace of God is upon you; that's why you are seeking to know the 'short cut' to righteous living.

A very important thing however is the Church you go. In many of these so-called churches they don't feed the people with the word of God. It is the word of God that strengthens your heart and makes you wise unto salvation. So called big denomination churches are empty of God's light. I pray that God leads to a true assembly of his saints. Amen.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Henrolla(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
You only get born again once.
Most importantly, you need knowledge right now.
Enrol in a belever's foundation school and understand what it really means to be born again
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Edonojie007(m): 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
sabama007:
Keep it up...
1000 is still a long way!
Hello Sis. Like Your Profile.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Edonojie007(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
shurley22:
You only get born again once... And as it stands, you haven't ever been
Can I Know You. Looking For People Like You.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Kennethodinaka(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

you need a teaching on assurance of salvation by pastor David ogbueli.search for the cd at any dominion city church near you.tank me later.and som1 will say am marketing my church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Ways Ministers Of God Can Avoid Scandals / Esther: The Orphan Girl Who Became A Queen / Nigerian Captives In Libya Beg Oyedepo And Adeboye To Come And Rescue Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.