Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? (25418 Views)

How To Make A Lady Have Sex With You Even If She Refuses / Man Pays For Hotel Room For A Lady In Lagos. She Refuses Sex & This Happened / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
Edonojie007:

When Flirters Become Preachers!
They Would End Up Winning A Soul(sex-Mate).
lol, why pour sansan for my garri
Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by sunkieisland(m): 12:40am On Dec 31, 2017
desreek9:
Smh for the guys above that said she stayed becos of money, is everything about money? why do most guys in this forum have this mentality, everything is not about money.
There would have been some signs from the lady showing that she is no more interested, e.g
withdrawal, lack of interest in anything involving him etc. so it's either he chose to ignore the signs or he believed there was no way she would say no.

As for the lady, maybe she was looking for a perfect opportunity to be done with him although this situation was rather embarrassing.

Yorubas have a saying......

You don't smell what you won't eat.......

When she knew she wouldn't be spending the rest of her life with the guy, she should have discharged the guy before the relationship got to the point of proposal...(Guys don't just propose)

#JustSaying

Nice perspective though....
Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Vivere: 8:04am On Dec 31, 2017
desreek9:
Smh for the guys above that said she stayed becos of money, is everything about money? why do most guys in this forum have this mentality, everything is not about money.
There would have been some signs from the lady showing that she is no more interested, e.g
withdrawal, lack of interest in anything involving him etc. so it's either he chose to ignore the signs or he believed there was no way she would say no.

As for the lady, maybe she was looking for a perfect opportunity to be done with him although this situation was rather embarrassing.
A sensible guy would find out why she said "NO". undecided She might be scared of marriage or might feel that she would not be able to cope with the demands of being a wife, or might have a secret that she feels could ruin the prospective marriage.

All these small boys talking here, can't see beyond their nose.... sad

Bollinger:
Wrong answer. It depends on the reason why she said no. Remember, women are supposed to be the ones who do the planning. My wife said no the first time because she knew i wasn't ready financially to take care of a family. She wanted us to wait so that there is no risk of babies being made. That motivated me to get my act together. It's been almost 20 years now.

Thank you, o! This is one of the few sensible responses, I have read on this thread....

tomtyte02:
Na you arrange yourself very fast and stand. Sometimes, when a girl says no, it might be that she cant marry you as at then. Check and know why she said No. It might be that she has not been convinced on one or two things. So just like asking a girl out over and over again, try again.

Good answer! wink

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Vivere: 8:05am On Dec 31, 2017
Geofavor:
If she says no ( at the cinema which is IN PUBLIC)?

IMAGINE THE HUMILIATION! Why should a lady allow the relationship go that far?

For me, before I can propose to my woman in public I would have given her prior clues that I'll be proposing soon.

if after this, I go ahead later on to propose like that guy in a cinema to her and yet she says no, I will BREAK UP WITH HER, BUT AFTER I RETURN THE FAVOUR...

Did the guy tell her before-hand, that he would propose to her in public?? shocked
Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Vivere: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2017
Bollinger:
You got that right. Her ambitions set me on the path to success. She makes sure I don't make rash decisions. Which is what a spouse is supposed to do. Now I'm successful. I know your highest ambitions is to find what to eat on a daily basis so you won't understand grin.

Well said! Guy, you deserve a bottle of the best champagne for this solid answer....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Vivere: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2017
Beemhan:
All I see on this this thread are religious fanatics and half-witted misogynists. So if a guy proposes to a lady and she says "no", it MUST be her fault... She must be a hoe... after chopping his money, the least she can do is agree to marry him..? Really, guys?? Are you listening to yourselves

After a guy 'spends money' on a lady, the lady MUST marry him? What sorta financial transaction is that and which body or commission regulates it? The Nigerian Association of Misogynists, and Emotionally Immature Dimwits? (NAMEID)

FYI, to the religious fanatics, not all relationships must lead to marriage. Some of them are meant to teach us and make us better partners in our future relationship (s)

Secondly, marriage should only be a subject of discussion for couples who have an almost telepathic understanding of themselves. A man that doesn't understand a woman well enough to even know whether or not she'll accept his proposal, has no business buying a ring.

Thirdly, there's a zillion valid reasons why a lady may decline a marriage proposal. She may not be READY to get married, She may not see him as husband material. Etc. A lot of you penis-wielding jugheads are dating ladies you don't intend marrying right now! You think that luxury is exclusive to you cuz you're a man? Una dey jons!

If a man can decide whether or not he wants to marry the lady he's dating, it's only fair and logical that the lady in question should also be able to decide whether or not she wants to marry the man without anyone calling her names. The man CANNOT make the decision for the both of them. Is an individual sontin.

"WILL YOU MARRY ME? " is nothing but a question and like questions generally, the answer could be negative or positive. The African man should be able to allow his intelligence match his ego and deal with this reality.

Now to the question proper, if a man proposes and she says "no", there are many possibilities here, depending on why she said no in the first place. Her reason (s) for declining the proposal will determine where they go from there.

Oh my word! shocked It has been such a long time that I read something so refreshing, so down-to-earth and so full of wisdom. Girl, you deserve a medal for this! cool
Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Beemhan(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
Vivere:

Oh my word! shocked It has been such a long time that I read something so refreshing, so down-to-earth and so full of wisdom. Girl, you deserve a medal for this! cool
Thanks, but I'm a guy oh grin

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? by Vivere: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
Beemhan:
Thanks, but I'm a guy oh grin
My bad. Apologies...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Worst Near Rape Experience Or Sexual Harassment?. / Her Weight Is Getting Too Much! Help / Lady 'Tackles' Other Ladies That Say They Cant Date Broke Men (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.