Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding (6258 Views)

Zamfara To Employ Ex-Bandits To Combat Killings And Kidnapping / Ortom: How Can Miyetti Allah Take Responsibility For Killings And Are Free? / Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
plaetton:

Bullshyt.

You're not an ethno-religious ligoist, but you never ever fail to remind us that you're IJAW.
I also remember that you and your types suffered convulsion after convulsion when you thought that Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB were coming to take your beloved oilfields in the Niger Delta.

So , basically, you would rather ingratiate yourself to your Fulani overlords for mess of political porridge and stomach infrastructure than to give yourself a conscience and sense of justice.

My best wishes for is to have FULANI in every aspect of your life.
I didn't even want to go there to starve him of points. I know how he responds to IPOB and Ijaw matters. It's good to always reply people like him to avoid contamination of the young.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
tesppidd:
I don't see how people could be so ignorant to assert that they don't know that in these crises which have lasted for decades, hundreds of fulani herdsmen have been killed as well. There cows stolen!

There are so many communities in the souuth where one cannot carry a sum of #30,000 in the bag and walk by.
In this very 'holy' south there are thousands of criminals ready to cut off your hand, take your money to make their daily bread.
In so many places in this our perfect crime free southern Nigeria one cannot pass by with an expensive phone. There are hundreds of people who would cut off your hand just to steal your phone and make a living.

Why then would it be so hard to agree that in some of these communities criminals kill herdsmen and make away with their cattle, some of which cost over #100,000 per head? It's hypocritical.

The killings are condemnable and the commander in chief must solve the problem.

The narrative is that if you do not scream 'woe to every herdsman' or you do not say 'only the herdsman are the killers in this conflict' then you're an aboki or an afonja whom God in heaven would definitely deal with.

The body language here seems to be that a fulani life which is lost is inconsequential, only the life of a christian southerner is valuable.
where do you put the Fulani cattle rustlers who kill the Fulani cattle rearer for their cows
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by plaetton: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Like I opined, you are an ethno-religious jingoist unlike me.

Meanwhile, this is the position of Miyetti Allah...

Still awaiting which Miyetti Allah accepted reponsibility for the killing.

[s][/s]
Lol I smell envy...

No worry, bad belle is allowed cheesy
Double post.
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
^^Fulani ARE in every area of Nigeria from education to politics!
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

then what are you advocating?
that whoever wants to rear cattle should approach the state for land?
The state government should make available grazing areas, and give to MACBAN on lease, while taking royalties/taxes...

This field should be under the supervision of the state government
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by BENARI: 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
As far as I am concerned, everything you wrote up there is rubbish.
You're simply looking for cheap popularity.
You only succeeded in fooling yourself playing to the gallery.

Nonsense! Wait, the day the killing reaches your doorstep, you'll sing a different tone.

Mr. Fix It. Sycophants

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by tesppidd: 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

where do you put the Fulani cattle rustlers who kill the Fulani cattle rearer for their cows
cattle rustlers are not only one tribe, they could be fulanis, ibos, yorubas, edos, igalas, idomas, all tribes.

the point is these fulani herdsmen get killed too.

a lot of people have been mischievously restricting the debate to the death of fulani cows versus the death of famers.

NO.

It is the death of fulani herdsmen versus the death of famers.

1 Like

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
plaetton:

Bullshyt.

You're not an ethno-religious ligoist, but you never ever fail to remind us that you're IJAW.
I also remember that you and your types suffered convulsion after convulsion when you thought that Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB were coming to take your beloved oilfields in the Niger Delta.

So , basically, you would rather ingratiate yourself to your Fulani overlords for mess of political porridge and stomach infrastructure than to give yourself a conscience and sense of justice.

My best wishes for is to have FULANI in every aspect of your life.
Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are forgone issues. I wish him well wherever he is and please, stop bringing him into this narrative.

As for your wishes, I already have lots of Fulanis in my life, just like I have people of ther ethnic stock.

May we learn to look beyond tribal lenses

1 Like

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
tesppidd:
cattle rustlers are not only one tribe, they could be fulanis, ibos, yorubas, edos, igalas, idomas, all tribes.

a lot of people have been mischievously restricting the debate to the death of fulani cows versus the death of famers.

NO.

It is the death of fulani herdsmen versus the death of famers.
it is the umbrella body of the Fulani cattle rearers association that glorifies the death of cows in terms of millions and has given threats to states on the basis of the death of cows than to the loss of life
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by limeta(f): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
For all i know this is not about cattles or ranches
This is about islam starting where osman dan fodio stopped .
You can rant all you like call me what ever
But i tell you now one day in the morning you get off yr bed runing to save yr life cause men what is coming is coming .
You can only defeat what is coming ,talk will be of no use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The state government should make available grazing areas, and give to MACBAN on lease, while taking royalties/taxes...

the question is now what is holding the Fulani cattle rearer and investir from approaching its core northern states to practice cattle rearing and why would the northern states refuse
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by flamingREED(m): 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Must a state government make land available for them?

What if a state refuses to give them land?
Will that be unconstitutional?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by plaetton: 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are forgone issues. I wish him well wherever he is and please, stop bringing him into this narrative.

As for your wishes, I already have lots of Fulanis in my life, just like I have people of ther ethnic stock.

May we learn to look beyond tribal lenses

I keep bringing up Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB , and comparing your attitudes to the FULANI herdsmen genocide to simply show that you have NO character.

1 Like

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

the question is now what is holding the Fulani cattle rearer and investir from approaching its core northern states to practice cattle rearing and why would the northern states refuse
Why must you insist on "core northern" states when they are Nigerians that are free to do business anywhere? Should it also be replicated that people should do business in their states of origin only?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
flamingREED:

Must a state government make land available for them?

What if a state refuses to give them land?
Will that be unconstitutional?
Which sensible government will deny citizens favorable environment to conduct business?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

it is the umbrella body of the Fulani cattle rearers association that glorifies the death of cows in terms of millions and has given threats to states on the basis of the death of cows than to the loss of life
When was the Benue death glorified?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Why must you insist on "core northern" states when they are Nigerians that are free to do business anywhere? Should it also be replicated that people should do business in their states of origin only?
states are free to determine exactly what type of agro business it wants to capture in its internal generation revenue drive.if the core northern states are opposed to its traditional business of cattle rearing and it is opposed to large scale piggery rearing.is it abia or anambra that will open its doors seeing that cattle rearing does not work in any of the northern states

1 Like

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
Amarabae:
One of the greatest undoing of the south is trying to be politically correct all the time.
BTW by virtue of your office as pdp youth coordinator, you need to be neutral and you were in this post.
Well, thanks a million...
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

states are free to determine exactly what type of agro business it wants to capture in its internal generation revenue drive.if the core northern states are opposed to its traditional business of cattle rearing and it is opposed to large scale piggery rearing.is it abia or anambra that will open its doors seeing that cattle rearing does not work in any of the northern states
I am not aware that the core northern states are opposed to it BUT, you and I know that the core northern states won't accommodate all herdsmen..

Meanwhile, what makes you think that non-Fulanies won't go into the line of business?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by lastmessenger: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

political correctness. Political correctness. political correctness

1 Like

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

I am not aware that the core northern states are opposed to it BUT, you and I know that the core northern states won't accommodate all herdsmen..

Meanwhile, what makes you think that non-Fulanies won't go into the line of business?
I am saying that the northern state as it stands are not practising it because they cannot and have not derived igr from it.
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by fx45(m): 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
This article was painstakingly written....

Comments are welcome
When are you going to eschew political correctness from your psyche? Are you boldly telling us that you painstakingly put down that load of garbage under the guise of intellectual discourse?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

I am saying that the northern state as it stands are not practising it because they cannot and have not derived igr from it.

And who says the call for ranching is only restricted to non-northern states?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by flamingREED(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Which sensible government will deny citizens favorable environment to conduct business?

Cattle colonies will not be granted by many states, while MACBAN will not settle for modern ranching system. S,o who will be blamed then?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
fx45:
When are you going to eschew political correctness from your psyche? Are you boldly telling us that you painstakingly put down that load of garbage under the guise of intellectual discourse?
Well, what can I say?
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
flamingREED:

Cattle colonies will not be granted by many states, while MACBAN will not settle for modern ranching system. S,o who will be blamed then?
I don't know what the cattle colony is about and my proposal is for state government to make ranches available NOT FG...
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by baralatie(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

And who says the call for ranching is only restricted to non-northern states?
the cattle rearing business in the north is considered unprofitable to the northern States and you want to force it down other states who are already giving its income to the federal coffers to be shared to the northern states who are rejecting ranching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by freeze001(f): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Still awaiting which Miyetti Allah accepted reponsibility for the killing.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/01/06/fulani-herdsmen-finally-reveal-attacked-benue-communities/amp/

http://www.dailycorrespondents.com.ng/2018/01/we-attacked-benue-community-in-retaliation-for-our-stolen-1000-cows-miyetti-allah-breeders/

You can read this to see where the leadership of Miyetti clearly accepted responsibility for the attacks. The Benue state governor isn't demanding the arrest of these Miyetti leaders just for the hell of it.

You have been on about how governments step in to build commercial motor parks for commercial transporters and all. Even in all their nuisance, how many of those drivers took up arms and committed murder to get parks marked off and built? Why then must the worst kind of wickedness and sense of entitlement be rewarded by that which they seek?

They should be compelled to embrace modern ranching, the government has already intervened in its agriculture drive hence the availability of loans at low interest rates. They should apply and join others in accessing such facilities. Govt can also provide training but asking them to take lands by whatever means is a hypocritical position to even canvass.

Have u taken cognisance of the psyche of those who have borne the brunt of these incessant, godless attacks? How would they feel having these marauders stationed in their homelands and appearing victorious in their evil quest of murder and destruction?

Those herders and cattle owners come from states. They should approach their respective state governments and those willing to put up with them. The FG getting involved by proposing colonies at that level or applying any form of coercion is nepotism at its best. There are lots of Nigerians completely homeless and helpless. They need help and not wealthy cattle owners taking advantage of the very useless Nigerian system.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by freeze001(f): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
tesppidd:

NO.

It is the death of fulani herdsmen versus the death of famers

Is that really what it is? Then read this:
http://www.dailycorrespondents.com.ng/2018/01/we-attacked-benue-community-in-retaliation-for-our-stolen-1000-cows-miyetti-allah-breeders/
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by laudate: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Once again, how many major transport owners buy land to build parks? Did Chisco, Young, Ifesinachi etc bought the land and built their bus terminals in Jibowu and Festac? Also, I am glad with the emboldened, which is actually what government should do for Cattler breeders.

However, government stepped in to have a coordinated parks due to the fact that the motorists were constituting nuisance and because IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
Yes, they did! I am familiar with how the property on 6 Ikorodu road in Jibowu was bought and developed by Chisco Transport, one of the luxurious bus owners. That property belonged to a family in Lagos, and they initially rented it to Chief Ajaegbu before finally selling it to his company. It was NOT given to them by govt. The bus park is next to the old Edo Line terminal in Jibowu. Lagos State Govt is now asking them to relocate from there, to Ojota.

Even at Maza-Maza opposite Festac in Lagos, where most of the luxurious bus owners have their parks, they rented the property from the private owners of the buildings beside the road, and extended the land in front of it, to accommodate their buses. Govt did not dash Chisco, Young Shall Grow or Ifesinachi the land. Oga, go and check your facts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by Bevista: 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
baralatie:

states are free to determine exactly what type of agro business it wants to capture in its internal generation revenue drive. If the core northern states are opposed to its traditional business of cattle rearing and it is opposed to large scale piggery rearing.is it abia or anambra that will open its doors seeing that cattle rearing does not work in any of the northern states
In fairness, I wouldn't say the core northern states are opposed to cattle rearing. I think the states closer to the sahel region are suffering from environmental issues (desertification). Hence the need for the herders to migrate down south where they can find vegetation to feed the cows.
---
But as I opined earlier, group ranches should be the exclusive prerogative of state governments. If a state says NO RANCHES in their vicinity, then that should be respected by all. If they are willing to provide ranches or colonies for cattle rearing, then they should set clear rules of engagement between the herders and the locals to prevent conflict.
Re: An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding by laudate: 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
freeze001:
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/01/06/fulani-herdsmen-finally-reveal-attacked-benue-communities/amp/

You can read this to see where the leadership of Miyetti clearly accepted responsibility for the attacks. The Benue state governor isn't demanding the arrest of these Miyetti leaders just for the hell of it.

You have been on about how governments step in to build commercial motor parks for commercial transporters and all. Even in all their nuisance, how many of those drivers took up arms and committed murder to get parks marked off and built? Why then must the worst kind of wickedness and sense of entitlement be rewarded by that which they seek?

They should be compelled to embrace modern ranching, the government has already intervened in its agriculture drive hence the availability of loans at low interest rates. They should apply and join others in accessing such facilities. Govt can also provide training but asking them to take lands by whatever means is a hypocritical position to even canvass.

Have u taken cognisance of the psyche of those who have borne the brunt of these incessant, godless attacks? How would they feel having these marauders stationed in their homelands and appearing victorious in their evil quest of murder and destruction?

Those herders and cattle owners come from states. They should approach their respective state governments and those willing to put up with them. The FG getting involved by proposing colonies at that level or applying any form of coercion is nepotism at its best. There are lots of Nigerians completely homeless and helpless. They need help and not wealthy cattle owners taking advantage of the very useless Nigerian system.

Thank you!! sad

[img]https://media./images/d58b5479d1eca0a85e190b0afb587571/tenor.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hon. Enetimi Clinches APC Ticket For Burutu Constituency 2 Of Delta Assembly / Breaking News! Police Arrest Suspected Hackers Of INEC Servers In Maitama Abuja / Enugu Jails Labour Leader Over Fuel Subsidy. Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.