Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (65600 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by magnetik(m): 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
Please use your sense small abeg.

letusbepieces:

BIA! THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY.

THE gods CONSTANTLY WANT SOMETHING NEW.

THE ENTIRE YORUBA TRIBE WILL BE AN OFFER TOO GOOD FOR THE gods TO PASS IN PLACE OF THE HISTORICAL IGBOS INITIALLY OFFERED.

THE ONLY REASON WAS BECOS, WE HAD NOT DISCOVERED THE YORUBAS THAT FELL FROM THE gods AND CALL THEMSELVES DEMONS.

WE OFFER YORUBAS IN EXCHANGE FOR THEM.

THE gods WILL BE ELATED TO BE REUNITED WITH DEMONS THAT FELL FROM THE SKY.

FAMILY IN EXHANGE FOR OUR IGBO FAMILY TAKEN FROM US BY THE gods.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
magnetik:
Please use your sense small abeg.

[/s]

YORUBA OSU!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by gidgiddy: 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2018
One thing people should understand about the Osu cast system is that it is only an issue when it comes to marriage.

Not every family will support their child marrying an Osu, for some others, it is not a problem.

The way I see it is that any family can reject marriage proposal for a wide range of reasons, be it Osu or not.

The Osu system is outdated and bad abd is fast dying out but it still exists to a small degree.

But I hasten to add that an Osu is never treated badly in Igbo land. People dont shun them or stop relating them. I have even dated an Osu.

The reason why families dont always like to give out their child to an Osu is because of the rule that if an Osu has a child for you, you automatically become an Osu your self.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
gidgiddy:
One thing people should understand about the Osu cast system is that it is only an issue when it comes to marriage.

Not every family will support their child marrying an Osu, for some others, it is not a problem.

The way I see it is that any family can reject marriage proposal for a wide range of reasons, be it Osu or not.

The Osu system is outdated and bad abd is fast dying out but it still exists to a small degree.

But I hasten to add that an Osu is never treated badly in Igbo land. People dont shun them or stop relating them. I have even dated an Osu.

The reason why families dont always like to give out their child to an Osu is because of the rule that if an Osu has a child for you, you automatically become an Osu your self.

IT IS AN ISSUE WEN IT COMES TO MARRIAGE?

WE HAVE THE ENTIRE YORUBAS FOR THAT.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Armstrong34(m): 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
make him go marry Yoruba girl...them no dey bother where suitor dey come from
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

DEMON, I MUST RETURN U BACK TO THE gods.

You mean your family members. Ok

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
Armstrong34:
make him go marry Yoruba girl...them no dey bother where suitor dey come from

SHARP GUY!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
You mean your family members. Ok

YORUBA OSU!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
@PIGSANDIDIOTS

NA U GO BE MY PERSONAL OFFERING TO THE gods IF THEY ACCEPT YORUBA SUBSTITUTE.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by stevkc: 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
I am passing such challenge now, just that it is my fiancée that is involved here, but I have made up all my mind to marry her and live the rest of my life with her. see brother no one here is an osu, as far as they are not serving demons and are true Christians. u are not an osu, go to God in prayers my brother.this is an inhuman act.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 11:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
hiambenson:

May God forbid people like you that still support this poo. Mark today's date on your calendar; You MUST have an Osu person that'd prompt you, your favorite sibling, child...to DISOWN you even before you think of saying all these your jargons like a demented and backward traditional bigot!
I really pity people like you!
If you're a girl; you'll never find a loving and genuine hubby apart from someone from an Osu clan like you tagged them.
If you're a guy; Words can't express how sorry I am for you!
Smh.

What if I'm just a sexdoll?

What will my punishment look like?
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

That's why they worked hard to correct it, not say it is their tradition. See the big difference?

And you think they've succeeded in correcting it?
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by LaudableXX: 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
U WILL HAVE TO DO MORE PREACHING THAN THIS BECOS PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY USE THIS ONE AND IT DID NOT WORK.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO GIVE IGBOS A NEW OSU AND YORUBA FIT THE BILL.

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
stevkc:
I am passing such challenge now, just that it is my fiancée that is involved here, but I have made up all my mind to marry her and live the rest of my life with her. see brother no one here is an osu, as far as they are not serving demons and are true Christians. u are not an osu, go to God in prayers my brother.this is an inhuman act.

IF U MARRY HER, U AND UR LINEAGE PLUS ANCESTORS WILL JOIN OSU CASTE.

DONT SAY, I DID NOT WARN U.

SEND HER TO THE YORUBAS.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave
In 2018?
You are still talking like this
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
EVENTUALLY, THE ENTIRE YORUBA WILL BECOME OSU AND SUBSTITUTE.

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by stevkc: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
my parents even talked of ostracizing me if I go ahead, that is bullshit, I will disown them also.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 11:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
dingbang:
to hell with you people

Who cares what you say?

Come and stop our osu tradition na.

Pesin wey no sabi as dem take bury corpse dey start from the feet to undig the grave
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 11:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
stevkc:
my parents even talked of ostracizing me if I go ahead, that is bullshit, I will disown them also.

MY DAD LONG WARNED ME BECOS I WAS LIKE U AND STILL AM.

HOWEVER, THE CONSEQUENCE ARE FAR REACHING.

WAT WE NEED TO DO AT A HIGHER LEVEL LIKE OHANAEZE IS FIND A SOLUTION.

WE GO BACK TO THOSE DEITY AND THEIR PRIEST TO ASK IF THEY WILL ACCEPT A SUBSTITUTE.

IF PERSON LIKE ME FOLLOW, THE DEITY AND PRIEST BETTER ACCEPT SUBSTITUTE OTHERWISE, NEXT I DESTROY THEM.

I GO WAR DEM, DRIVE DEM FROM IGBO LAND. REBEL!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ikwedim(m): 11:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
As nwa afor igbo I am, my brother, let the girl go biko. We igbo don't joke with dat osu n ume... In fact we fear that combination more than HIV AIDS.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
stevkc:

Go ahead na.

Na you go still carry nkwu enu and kolanut go dey beg dem for forgivessness later.

Death wey dey kill small dog no dey allow am to dey perceive the odour of excrèta.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Smooyis(m): 11:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Barbarism
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
Tetragramaton:
Please someone should differentiate ohu, OSU, umeh, oru and diala. I'm confused o

Is like you did a lot of differentiation and integration while in school?
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by GuntersChain(m): 11:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
kpele, in nigeria we have first class and second class citizen. some are born to rule while others follow.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave
Grow up. I pray Jesus delivers you. Truly u are so blind.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mrkumareze:

Wise man, I read the comments above yours and I was like they 're kids . The spirit behind that OSU of a thing is not a child's play . Have seen disastrous effect of it
Recieve Christ. it's getting late. I don't know you but I was asked to give u dis message.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by hollah123: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

Me and u, who dey depress?

Afonja idiot!
u are just an idiot, am sure u are a sec school leaver attempting waec d 5th time. grow up cos like if more than been a fool. this issue on ground is too sensitive for nitwits like u

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Henryt6: 11:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
A young man identified as Didi Mehn is in serious emotional pain and in a dilemma after being rejected by the family of his sweetheart. According to the man from Enugu state, his girlfriend's parents who initially accepted him changed their minds after discovering he's an OSU (outcast)...

The Osu caste system is an ancient practice in Igboland that discourages social interaction and marriage with a group of persons called Osu. Osu are the people dedicated to the gods; so they are regarded as slaves, strangers, outcasts and untouchables...

Read what the handsome man shared on Facebook in order to clear his confusion.

We so much Love ourselves....We've been together even in difficult times...I think she's d woman I would want to spend d rest of my Life with... She has already said yes to my marriage proposal but there's a problem....She's Amadi while am an Osu....

Her parents initially accepted me wholeheartedly but after investigations they made abt my family,,they discovered am an Osu n now they said that d relationship should end,,reason is cos they don't wanna give thier daughter to an Osu....

Am so confused right now,, pls what do I do

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/enugu-man-reveals-how-his-girlfriends-parents-rejected-him-for-being-outcast.html
wow i know this brother very well but never knew he belongs to this osu but anyways i suggest you move on time shall come when Africa will regret about their foolishness especially igbos
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 11:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Firefly2017:

On Sunday now u dis one will carry urself and go and be disturbing God in church. Let me tell u where it's root started, it is from an ignorant nonsensical so called tradition that should hv been done away with, with the advent of Christianity. Hypocrites everywhere msteeeeew

You wey dey go church on Sunday...

Are you aware that you are actually worshipping the sun God on Sunday?

Sunday = Sun day = Day of the sun = Day of the Sun God.

Sunday worships is a tradition borrowed from ancient Egypt.

Go to the catholic church and you will see the sun representation almost everywhere you turn

The halos on the heads of saints and other blessed people is a representation of the sun god.

The holy Eucharist or host which the officiating priest lifts up during concencration and all church members bow down to it is still part of the honour to the sun god.

What am I trying to say?

Yes, even your so called Christianity has deep pagan roots.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by uba1991: 11:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

Dat is y we are in Nigeria, as a solution.

However, we will return to the deity and ask dem first if they like to be reunited with their family member here on earth.

We will tell dem, that we have located demons that fell from the sky and call themselves Yoruba demons.

We will only return their demon family member to them, in exchange for the Osu originally offered to them.

We will make a deal not to marry from the Yorubas in exchange.

Done!
u are a disgrace to 21st century

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.