Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (65589 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nathayas: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Are We Not Surpose To Be More Civilized Than This. Look At USA The Blacks There Marry Even Whites, Wicked Black Jungle
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fifthwave:
Culture is dynamic for Christ's sake! We onced killed twins!

But this practise was put to a stop and we moved on. Why has the Igbo caste system persisted?

P.S: Quick fact; caste system is much worse in India.

Is this how u Osu Yorubas will change Igbo from condemning you.

Instead of us to stop our Osu caste system, we are expanding it by extension to Yoruba married to Igbo.

An extended category of Osu-Yoruba!

Osu Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Talking about changing culture, wen u have a live testimony from an Osu on the FP.

Meanwhile the entire yoruba tribe is on route to joining them .

Osu-Yoruba!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by hiambenson: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
sexdoll:

It's our tradition.

It was already in place before we came on board.

It will still be there when we are gone.

If you want to stop it then you must go back several years in time to find out why our fore fore forefathers even started it in the first place

Don't be overly deceived by the white man's borrowed tradition

May God forbid people like you that still support this poo. Mark today's date on your calendar; You MUST have an Osu person that'd prompt you, your favorite sibling, child...to DISOWN you even before you think of saying all these your jargons like a demented and backward traditional bigot!
I really pity people like you!
If you're a girl; you'll never find a loving and genuine hubby apart from someone from an Osu clan like you tagged them.
If you're a guy; Words can't express how sorry I am for you!
Smh.

4 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

Is this how u Osu Yorubas will change Igbo from condemning you.

Instead of us to stop our Osu caste system, we are expanding it by extension to Yoruba married to Igbo.

An extended category of Osu-Yoruba!

Osu Yoruba!

tongue
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nathayas: 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave
It is like satan has eaten deep into your skull.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by rhymz(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
dingbang:
Let me just mistakenly like an OSU lady and my parents tell me that they arent in support of me marrying her. That day dat day, I dey disown my parents.. angry

Because I am fed up of the way we Africans reason. How can you cal yourself a christian and still believe in OSU caste system.
guy shut up and pray you don't get into such a situation, it is not a matter of I will do this and that..... Osung issue is a very sensitive issue that you don't do by gragra.... You take force marry the babe 20 years down the line you are still treated like a leper unless of course you won't be speaking with your entire lineage. It is not an issue that one individual can solve by exerting themselves forcefully....

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
hiambenson:

May God forbid people like you that still support this poo. Mark today's date on your calendar; You MUST have an Osu person that'd prompt you, your favorite sibling, child...to DISOWN you even before you think of saying all these your jargons like a demented and backward traditional bigot!
I really pity people like you!
If you're a girl; you'll never find a loving and genuine hubby apart from someone from an Osu clan like you tagged them.
If you're a guy;Words can't express how sorry I am for you!
Smh.
[/s]

Osu Yoruba, dat will not happen becos his entire linage, even ancestor will be avoided worst than the plague.

Osu Yoruba!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
Talking about changing culture, wen u have a live testimony from an Osu on the FP.

Meanwhile the entire yoruba tribe is on route to joining them .

Osu-Yoruba!

Those tales are make believe!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
Fifthwave:

Those tales are make believe! I am from a family of Osu! I have family members married to "Diala" and they are not facing problem whatsoever! Even after years of marriage so? Or are the repercursions selective?
[/s]

U know wat is best for u right.

Head to your Yoruba-osu clan.

We are coming with a ban on all marriages with Yorubas next.

All the Yorubas are Osu.

Osu Yorubas!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Icon79(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
Yea, I do hear about Osu every now and then but I never understood how someone can become an Osu until I read your post.

O pari

Amarabae:

Ya, many people don't know that.
The reason why it is complicated is the attachment to deity.
90% of communities that practice that have abolished it with sacrifice and incantations.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Firefly2017(f): 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave

On Sunday now u dis one will carry urself and go and be disturbing God in church. Let me tell u where it's root started, it is from an ignorant nonsensical so called tradition that should hv been done away with, with the advent of Christianity. Hypocrites everywhere msteeeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
[s][/s]
U know wat is best for u right.
Head to your Yoruba-osu clan.
We are coming with a ban on all marriages with Yorubas next.
All the Yorubas are Osu.
Osu Yorubas!
Striking my post does not obliterate it. Keep fooling around the thread.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
Firefly2017:

On Sunday now u dis one will carry urself and go and be disturbing God in church. Let me tell u where it's root started, it is from an ignorant nonsensical so called tradition that should hv been done away with, with the advent of Christianity. Hypocrites everywhere msteeeeew
[/s]

osu-yoruba, u will have to do more than that .

try harder!

osu yoruba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by delpee(f): 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
I don't gerrit. This level of discrimination in 2018! We complain that Trump hates blacks yet we don't love ourselves even within the same tribe. angry

For those alluding to the spiritual, there's no problem that can't be resolved. God is more than able to deliver and to save those who trust in Him.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fifthwave:

Striking my post does not obliterate it. Keep fooling around the thread.

After u finish your post, head to the nearest Yoruba depot.

We are coming with a proscription of Yorubas further steppping their Osu foot in igbo marriages.

Osu Yoruba!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
ALL THE IGBOS MARRIED TO YORUBAS ARE OSU AND THAT MAKES YORUBAS PEOPLE OSU.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

After u finish your post, head to the nearest Yoruba depot.

We are coming with a proscription of Yorubas further steppping their Osu foot in igbo marriages.

Osu Yoruba!

If it helps your depression, carry on.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nathayas: 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mrkumareze:

Wise man, I read the comments above yours and I was like they 're kids . The spirit behind that OSU of a thing is not a child's play . Have seen disastrous effect of it
You surpose to live with wild beasts. Which spirit is greater than GOD.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fifthwave:

If it helps your depression, carry on.

Me and u, who dey depress?

Afonja idiot!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Mbediogu(m): 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
I am an Imolite living outside. Where i come from the issue is strict though not as it used to be when we were growing up. There are no differences betw an Amadi and an Osu, only cultural barriers. Look well before you go in, but if you are in already, go ahead. The scandal will soon die but your children may not ne eligible for marriage around home.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
THIS NEW GENERATION OF IGBOS LIKE MYSELF WILL UPHOLD AND PROJECT THE CUSTOMS OF MY ANCESTORS, WITHOUT ANY RESTRAINT.

WE WILL SHOW NO MERCY.

OSU IS OSU AND YORUBA ARE OSU.

BOTH ARE INTERCHANGEABLE.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by MartinBond(m): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Me that is even looking for OSU lady to marry sef,abeg if una de here pls call me 08027253019 say no this sort of life..
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
MartinBond:
Me that is even looking for OSU lady to marry sef,abeg if una de here pls call me 08027253019 say no this sort of life..

^YORUBA OSU!

THIS IS WAT WE MEAN.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
ALL IGBOS MARRIED TO YORUBA ARE OSU.

REAL IGBOS DONT MARRY OUTSIDE THEIR TRIBE. WEN U SEE NWAFOR-IGBO, U KNOW.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Mbediogu(m): 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Amarabae:
The parents are backward in thinking.
Osu is a practice in SOME part of Igboland that has faded away,
Only Ignorant people make a big thing out of it.
There is nothing like osu, the Ancient Arochukwu people invented that stuff to deceive people and have an easy access to people to sell off as slaves back then.
They were civilized then and many Igbo communities hire them as judges, those who the law is against were casted away and they become osu,
In the night, the aros through their Abam warrior mercenaries will come and kidnap those people and sell them to the white man.

The guy should try another girl pls.
What a handsome young man.

That is not the history. You mixed up acquisition of slaves with osu issues. Lets say a family is afflicted with infant death ( e.g due to Sickle cell anemia etc). A native doctor / oracle may adk them to make sacrifices with cows, human beings etc. Such persons were procured through capture during wars, bought from slave markets etc. They were forbidden from interacting with non osus. Christianity, education/ enlightenment, abolition of slavery, and law should have put the issue of osu to rest by now.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by bobokeshington: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
AuroraB:
Eziokwu gi? Speak for yourself oooo grin He knows what he should do abeg lipsrsealed
Why are you afraid? Educate me please!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2018

Amarabae:
The parents are backward in thinking.
Osu is a practice in SOME part of Igboland that has faded away,
Only Ignorant people make a big thing out of it.
There is nothing like osu, the Ancient Arochukwu people invented that stuff to deceive people and have an easy access to people to sell off as slaves back then.
They were civilized then and many Igbo communities hire them as judges, those who the law is against were casted away and they become osu,
In the night, the aros through their Abam warrior mercenaries will come and kidnap those people and sell them to the white man.

The guy should try another girl pls.
What a handsome young man.

Mbediogu:

That is not the history. You mixed up acquisition of slaves with osu issues. Lets say a family is afflicted with infant death ( e.g due to Sickle cell anemia etc). A native doctor / oracle may adk them to make sacrifices with cows, human beings etc. Such persons were procured through capture during wars, bought from slave markets etc. They were forbidden from interacting with non osus. Christianity, education/ enlightenment, abolition of slavery, and law should have put the issue of osu to rest by now.

THE BEST WAY TO PUT OSU TO REST IS TO TRANSFER THE TITLE TO YORUBAS FULLY.

I MEAN, THEY ARE ALREADY OSU BY MARRIAGES, SO NO BIG DEAL CONDEMNING ALL YORUBAS AS OSU.

@ Fifthwave THIS IS THE ONLY HOPE LEFT FOR U.

ONCE, ALL THE YORUBA BECOMES OSU, THEN U BECOME NWAFOR.

IF IGBO DONT GET A REPLACEMENT OSU, THEN U CONTINUE TO BE OSU.

THUS THE YORUBA OSU IS A NECESSARY EVIL.

WE OFFER THE YORUBAS IN PLACE OF U TO THE gODS AS SUBSTITUTE.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by xeros20(m): 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
that OSU thing will not end, is from generation to generation. is part of Igbo culture I don't subscribe to it but won't marry an OSU. I will advice u man to look for OSU lady. they are everywhere and beautiful or u can opt to another tribe.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
@Pigsandidiots:

DO U SEE THIS?

THIS IS WAT IGBOS WILL TURN YORUBA TO IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE.

ANY IGBO FAMILY THAT GIVE OUT THEIR CHILD TO YORUBA WILL BE CONDEMN AS OSU.

What a tribe. Spit, Segregating themselves. I spit on this tribe again. In 2018, a tribe of babarian still exist. I now know the reason nwazurike said ....

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
xeros20:
that OSU thing will not end, is from generation to generation. is part of Igbo culture I don't subscribe to it but won't marry an OSU. I will advice u man to look for OSU lady. they are everywhere and beautiful or u can opt to another tribe.

IT WILL END.

THE ONLY THING IS IGBOS NEED A REPLACEMENT OSU.

YORUBAS ALREADY FIT THE CATEGORY.

WE TAKE THE YORUBAS TO THE gods AS REPLACEMENT FOR OUR IGBO PEOPLE.

DO A RITUAL, SACRIFICE AND MARK THE DATE ON CALENDER.

OSU IS NOW A YORUBA PERSON.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Mbediogu(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

THE BEST WAY TO PUT OSU TO REST IS TO TRANSFER THE TITLE TO YORUBAS FULLY.

I MEAN, THEY ARE ALREADY OSU BY MARRIAGES, SO NO BIG DEAL CONDEMNING ALL YORUBAS AS OSU.

@ Fifthwave THIS IS THE ONLY HOPE LEFT FOR U.

ONCE, ALL THE YORUBA BECOMES OSU, THEN U BECOME NWAFOR.

IF IGBO DONT GET A REPLACEMENT OSU, THEN U CONTINUE TO BE OSU.

THUS THE YORUBA OSU IS A NECESSARY EVIL.

WE OFFER THE YORUBAS IN PLACE OF U TO THE GODS AS SUBSTITUTE.

But the yorubas are too sophisticated for that. Moreover it has not been their tradition. They value kingship, war and masquerade based traditions. They can never take on what is not theirs traditionally. No group will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.