Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (65585 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

THE BEST WAY TO PUT OSU TO REST IS TO TRANSFER THE TITLE TO YORUBAS FULLY.

I MEAN, THEY ARE ALREADY OSU BY MARRIAGES, SO NO BIG DEAL CONDEMNING ALL YORUBAS AS OSU.

@ Fifthwave THIS IS THE ONLY HOPE LEFT FOR U.

ONCE, ALL THE YORUBA BECOMES OSU, THEN U BECOME NWAFOR.

IF IGBO DONT GET A REPLACEMENT OSU, THEN U CONTINUE TO BE OSU.

THUS THE YORUBA OSU IS A NECESSARY EVIL.

WE OFFER THE YORUBAS IN PLACE OF U TO THE gODS AS SUBSTITUTE.

Don't you see your fellow tribemen have begun seeing you as madman?

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by joseph1212(m): 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
U said it all..u are an outcast..not In the cast..my nigga find ur way
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mbediogu:

But the yorubas are too sophisticated for that. Moreover it has not been their tradition. They value kingship, war and masquerade based traditions. They can never take on what is not theirs traditionally. No group will.

I AM AN IGBO MAN OF TIMBER AND CALIBER.

I WILL ONE DAY BE AN OHANAEZE EXECUTIVE.

I AM VERY INFLUENTIAL PERSON AND I WILL SET IT ALL UP AND FREE MY IGBO BROS AND SISTER.

THE YORUBAS WILL BE OFFERED TO THE gods in THEIR PLACE.

IGBOS WILL GET A REPLACEMENT OSU.

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Sanchez01: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Wha-aa-at?? shocked Didn't realise this 3rd group existed. Thanks for the info. sad But isn't it ridiculous that in this century where knowledge has increased, technology has abounded and innovation keeps unfolding almost on a daily basis, the minds of men are still so small that they scorn and discriminate against fellow human beings like themselves, based on archaic, superstitious, irrational beliefs??! shocked angry
Here's my personal assessment of the the Igbos: they are a fascinating people to study and are quite deeply rooted in culture. Largely dogmatic in nature, an Igbo man would never question the practice of his forbears, except he embraces a new religion and remains staunch at it.

His fellow, rather than correct or point out his wrong to him, would prefer to classify him as different for his weird behaviour and would readily describe him with the behaviour.

This is why the social class system and cannibalism (in some parts) can hardly be questioned and outrightly challenged. And instead of correct or reform these practices, others would tell you you cannot choose a partner from these places because they are either social misfits or freaks of nature. Education is not really enough to challenge cultural beliefs in Igbo land. For a people deeply rooted in culture and its beliefs, it is quite hard to totally put an end to these practices.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Don't you see your fellow tribemen have begun seeing you as madman?

DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR ONCE U DEMON.

WE WILL BE RETURNING U YORUBAS TO WHERE U CAME FROM, BACK TO THE gods.

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mbediogu:

But the yorubas are too sophisticated for that. Moreover it has not been their tradition. They value kingship, war and masquerade based traditions. They can never take on what is not theirs traditionally. No group will.
Tell the baby.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Enemyofpeace: 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Dis ibo people sef
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Tell the baby.

OSU CAN BE TRANSMITTED THROUGH MARRIAGES.

ALL THE OSU ARE ALREADY MARRIED TO YORUBAS.

WE RETURN TO THE gods AND OFFER THE ENTIRE YORUBAS AS OSU IN EXCHANGE.

IF THE gods ACCEPT, WE GIVE THEM YORUBA OFFERING AND MARK THE DAY FOR CELEBRATION.

FOLLOW IT WITH MARRIAGE BAN WITH YORUBAS.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR ONCE U DEMON.

WE WILL BE RETURNING U YORUBAS TO WHERE U CAME FROM, BACK TO THE gods.

OSU YORUBA!
Tribe of babarians. Spit. Just see those claiming israelites. I spit on your pathetic tribe.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Tribe of babarians. Spit. Just see those claiming israelites. I spit on your pathetic tribe.

OSU YORUBA!

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by victorazy(m): 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
dingbang:
Let me just mistakenly like an OSU lady and my parents tell me that they arent in support of me marrying her. That day dat day, I dey disown my parents.. angry

Because I am fed up of the way we Africans reason. How can you cal yourself a christian and still believe in OSU caste system.

Amen
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

OSU CAN BE TRANSMITTED THROUGH MARRIAGES.

ALL THE OSU ARE ALREADY MARRIED TO YORUBAS.

WE RETURN TO THE gods AND OFFER THE ENTIRE YORUBAS AS OSU IN EXCHANGE.

IF THE gods ACCEPT, WE GIVE THEM YORUBA OFFERING AND MARK THE DAY FOR CELEBRATION.

FOLLOW IT WITH MARRIAGE BAN WITH YORUBAS.
Oga osu, carry your osu tribe back from me. You cannot eat my flesh you hear.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Oga osu, carry your osu tribe back from me. You cannot eat my flesh you hear.

DEMON, I MUST RETURN U BACK TO THE gods.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by pincold25(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Maybe she is not the right one for you.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by mechanics(m): 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
So they still practice the culture, nawa o, I have heard of stuff like that, don't know they are still practicing it.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Tobycharles: 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave

...when other guy misbehave...
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by LaudableXX: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
THE BEST WAY TO PUT OSU TO REST IS TO TRANSFER THE TITLE TO YORUBAS FULLY.

I MEAN, THEY ARE ALREADY OSU BY MARRIAGES, SO NO BIG DEAL CONDEMNING ALL YORUBAS AS OSU.

@ Fifthwave THIS IS THE ONLY HOPE LEFT FOR U.

ONCE, ALL THE YORUBA BECOMES OSU, THEN U BECOME NWAFOR.

IF IGBO DONT GET A REPLACEMENT OSU, THEN U CONTINUE TO BE OSU.

THUS THE YORUBA OSU IS A NECESSARY EVIL.

WE OFFER THE YORUBAS IN PLACE OF U TO THE gODS AS SUBSTITUTE.

The 'juju those Yoruba people cooked for you, must be very potent. cheesy That is why you have been chanting their name repeatedly on this thread. May God deliver you from its' influence. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

The 'juju those Yoruba people cooked for you, must be very potent. That is why you have been chanting their name repeatedly on this thread. may God deliver you from its' influence. cheesy

SHEBI NA DEMON YORUBA DEY TAKE BOAST THESE DAYZ, I HAVE MADE IT MY PERSONAL MISSION ON EARTH TO RETURN YORUBA DEMONS TO THE gods FROM WHERE DEY CAME.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Eze2000(m): 10:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
bobokeshington:
what is the meaning of "OSU"?
I don't get it
They are the decendants of human sacrifices to the gods of igboland. The guy should never have tried to cross the barrier. No bribe will break this taboo, only heaven.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Tetragramaton(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
Please someone should differentiate ohu, OSU, umeh, oru and diala. I'm confused o
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
Eze2000:

They are the defendants of human sacrifices to the gods of igboland. The guy should never have tried to cross the barrier. No bribe will break this taboo, only heaven.

BIA! THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY.

THE gods CONSTANTLY WANT SOMETHING NEW.

THE ENTIRE YORUBA TRIBE WILL BE AN OFFER TOO GOOD FOR THE gods TO PASS IN PLACE OF THE HISTORICAL IGBOS INITIALLY OFFERED.

THE ONLY REASON WAS BECOS, WE HAD NOT DISCOVERED THE YORUBAS THAT FELL FROM THE gods AND CALL THEMSELVES DEMONS.

WE OFFER YORUBAS IN EXCHANGE FOR THEM.

THE gods WILL BE ELATED TO BE REUNITED WITH DEMONS THAT FELL FROM THE SKY.

FAMILY IN EXHANGE FOR OUR IGBO FAMILY TAKEN FROM US BY THE gods.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by maasoap(m): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Osu is an outcast.

Every community have their own outcasts, Theres nothing confusing about it.
Big lie!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by maasoap(m): 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Eze2000:

They are the defendants of human sacrifices to the gods of igboland. The guy should never have tried to cross the barrier. No bribe will break this taboo, only heaven.
And this person would be claiming to be a Christian. Lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
maasoap:

And this would be claiming to be a Christian. Lol.

AFONJA(YORUBA DEMON), PREPARE URSELF TO RETURN TO THE gods FROM WHERE U FELL.

MAKE URSELF USEFUL FOR ONCE.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by uba1991: 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
So if u get Biafra where are u putting d OSU. A house dat is divided cannot stand.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
uba1991:
So if u get Biafra where are u putting d OSU. A house dat is divided cannot stand.

Dat is y we are in Nigeria, as a solution.

However, we will return to the deity and ask dem first if they like to be reunited with their family member here on earth.

We will tell dem, that we have located demons that fell from the sky and call themselves Yoruba demons.

We will only return their demon family member to them, in exchange for the Osu originally offered to them.

We will make a deal not to marry from the Yorubas in exchange.

Done!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by paparazzi1987(m): 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
bobokeshington:
what is the meaning of "OSU"?
I don't get it

Osun State University

2 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by bobokeshington: 10:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
paparazzi1987:

Osun State University
Motherfucker, e be like say your head nak ground today abi
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by faythie: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
OSU MEANS OUTCAST IN THE IBO CULTURE
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by LaudableXX: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
uba1991:
Haba! The Osu person will become their President, because they seem to be the only ones with sense inside the whole group! sad How people can carry Bible, go to church, do baptism, receive holy communion and still discriminate against a fellow human being created by God just like him, still beats my imagination. No be say di person get contagious disease, o! shocked Even if he had, it is still wrong to discriminate!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by talk2emma: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mrkumareze:

Wise man, I read the comments above yours and I was like they 're kids . The spirit behind that OSU of a thing is not a child's play . Have seen disastrous effect of it

So what do you think about it cos I no somebody going true same thing
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
LaudableXX:

Haba! The Osu person will become their President, because they seem to be the only ones with sense inside the whole group! sad How people can carry Bibe, go to church, do baptism, receive holy communion and still discriminate against a fellow human being created by God just like him, still beats my imagination. No be say di person get contagious disease, o! shocked Even if he had, it is still wrong to discriminate!
[/s]

U WILL HAVE TO DO MORE PREACHING THAN THIS BECOS PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY USE THIS ONE AND IT DID NOT WORK.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO GIVE IGBOS A NEW OSU AND YORUBA FIT THE BILL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.