Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (65596 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by IMASTEX: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
dingbang:
Let me just mistakenly like an OSU lady and my parents tell me that they arent in support of me marrying her. That day dat day, I dey disown my parents.. angry

Because I am fed up of the way we Africans reason. How can you cal yourself a christian and still believe in OSU caste system.
That shows to say We aren't really a Christian. Just practicing religion
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

See arrant ignorance. Comparing apples and oranges. There are Jews married to moslems, etc. Nothing follows their children. Know the difference.

YORUBA ARE LIKE PIGS WEN IT COMES TO SEX AND MARRIAGE.

THEY PURSUE IT LIKE OXYGEN. ANYWHERE BELLE FACE THINGS, NO LIMIT OR CONTROL. EVERYWHERE AND EVERYBODY.

JUST SEE THE WAY AN ENTIRE TRIBE WAS GANGING UP JUST TO STEAL A KISS FROM ONE SHORT IGBO GIRL CALLED CEEC IN BBN.

NIGHT AND DAY, IT BECAME AN ENTIRE TRIBE OBSESSION.

WHICH OTHER TRIBE OR GROUP DOES THAT IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA?

IS CEEC RIHANNA? OH I FORGOT, SHE IS IGBO AND IGBO ARE CELEBRITIES TO YORUBA.

ALL MANNERS OF AFFLICTION HAVE FOLLOWED THE ENTIRE YORUBA TRIBE BECOS OF THEIR UNCLEAN WAYS.

YORUBA ARE OSU PEOPLE!

OHANAEZE WILL SOON PROSCRIBE MARRIAGE TO YORUBAS, BECOS WE DONT WANT THEM TO TRANSFER OSU TO US.

OSU YORUBA!

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
Xisnin:

He is one of those who couldn't afford bride price, so he has to blame Yorubas for marrying
his fiancee. You will see him ranting uncontrollably, pity him, he is in deep pains.

You know I didn't think of that. That's probably what happened - the love of his life followed a yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by luminouz(m): 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
chizpim:
this OSU thing is highly spiritual, for you young generation who don't know anything about it. tribes who don't have OSU in their place the spirit has no effect. put if u have OSU in your village please don't dear to marry them or add farm product to ur own farm. my mother had a female friend (her best friend) she married OSU , the spiritual problem the woman had was unspeakable till she died. she gave birthday to a child partially born less. A woman woman who was full of life and healthy before she married to the OSU family automatically became a product of perpetual sickness. the family had to initial her in the traditional rite for her to b an OSU. The one that really surprised my mother was when she joined her friends cocoyam with her own. although my grand father warned my mum not to do it she instead she will use fertilizer to improve her yield . she did her cultivation add fertilizer to her farm, wow every where was greenish and she was expecting bumper harvest. on the day of harvest , she uproot her cocoyam everything had no tuber in it. my mother was surprise she couldn't alter a word.
this world we see is a very deep place, nothing really has changed it still the same.
I believe in d supernatural!!!
But are they not Christians Can't Jesus save her? Or ur xtianity na tithe n offering
I believe having jesus abolished a lot of d evil attached to it... otherwise d OSU caste would have been more popular than now
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
I WILL ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH, REGARDLESS OF WHOS OX IS GORED.

NOTHING I SAID HERE IS FICTION.

I BACK IT UP WITH FACT THAT CAN BE VERIFIED.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by kulrunsman79(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mr poster, (Didi Mehn) there is nothing like OSU caste in Enugu State. The version Enugu abhors is the OHU and not OSU as you posited. They both (OSU & OHU) suffer same fate which is segregation, but they ain't the same thing.

I empathize with you my brother......... I can understand your pains and confusion cos I av passed through that same route previously. It's not an easy war especially if you're the Ohu trying to marry Amadû lady. The last thing the parents will do is to allow that marriage to hold.

You need to read the story and testimony of the former deputy governor to Sullivan Chime, Onyebuchi Chukwu from Isiogbo Nara, and learn how to move on. If you can't fight it, just move on bro.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
DID WE ALL NOT OBSERVE THE ENTIRE YORUBA TRIBE CEEC OBSESSION ON BBN?

ARE ALL THE IGBOS MARRYING YORUBAS NOT OSU?

THUS WE HAVE OSU -YORUBA
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by luminouz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
DIS IS Y ANNOUNCEMNET NEED TO BE MADE TO PREVENT OSU-YORUBA FROM SPREADING INTO IGBO LAND.

OUTRIGHT BAN ON ALL YORUBA MARRIAGE TO IGBOS.
Lmaoooo!
Our letusbepieces has gone MÁD again!!!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by caon: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

See ignorance. Which "spirituality". How about other equally wicked traditions that have been abolished? It is this confused mentality that keep people chained to idiotic traditions.
bros u don't have to be condensing.believe what u want but it doesn't change anything or d fact that it is real.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
luminouz:

Lmaoooo!
Our letusbepieces has gone MÁD again!!!

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

YORUBA ARE LIKE PIGS WEN IT COMES TO SEX AND MARRIAGE.

THEY PURSUE IT LIKE OXYGEN. ANYWHERE BELLE FACE THINGS, NO LIMIT OR CONTROL.

JUST SEE THE WAY AN ENTIRE TRIBE WAS GANGING UP JUST TO STEAL A KISS FROM ONE SHORT IGBO GIRL CALLED CEEC IN BBN.

NIGHT AND DAY, IT BECAME AN ENTIRE TRIBE OBSESSION.

WHICH OTHER TRIBE OR GROUP DOES THAT IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA?

IS CEEC RIHANNA? OH I FORGOT, SHE IS IGBO AND IGBO ARE CELEBRITIES TO YORUBA.

ALL MANNERS OF AFFLICTION HAVE FOLLOWED THE ENTIRE YORUBA TRIBE BECOS OF THEIR UNCLEAN WAYS.

YORUBA ARE OSU PEOPLE! OHANAEZE WILL SOON PROSCRIBE MARRIAGE TO YORUBAS BECOS WE DONT WANT THEM TO TRANSFER OSU TO US.

OSU YORUBA!

Your mistake is that you are limiting it to Yoruba.
If u were smart you'd say Igbos who marry non-Igbo are all osu. That way you'd make some sense.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Ehn? 3 classes?? shocked I thought there were just 2 groups - the "Osu," who are the outcasts, and the "Dialas," who are the freeborns. Who are the 3rd?

The "Oru" (plural - Orus), meaning "Slaves"

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
caon:
bros u don't have to be condensing.believe what u want but it doesn't change anything or d fact that it is real.

Real. What is real? You don't even know if you are real
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

Your mistake is that you are limiting it to Yoruba.
If u were smart you'd say Igbos who marry non-Igbo are all osu. That way you'd make some sense.

WHO AGAIN IS OBSESSED WITH BECOMING IGBO?

EVERY OTHER TRIBE IN NIGERIA ARE NORMAL, EVEN FULANI.

THE ABNORMAL TRIBE OBSESSING ABOUT IGBO IS YORUBA.

U EVEN PASS A LAW RECENTLY IN LAGOS TO CALIM ALL IGBO PEOPLE CHILDREN AS YORUBA AND FORCE YORUBA LANGUAGE ON THEM.

EVEN THE HAUSAFULANI ARE NOT THAT MAD.

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

U EVEN PASS A LAW RECENTLY IN LAGOS TO CALIM ALL IGBO PEOPLE CHILDREN AS YORUBA AND FORCE YORUBA ON THEM.

OSU YORUBA!

I wonder what drove u to this. Sorry I don't debate mad people. Bye bye.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

U EVEN PASS A LAW RECENTLY IN LAGOS TO CALIM ALL IGBO PEOPLE CHILDREN AS YORUBA AND FORCE YORUBA ON THEM.

OSU YORUBA!

I wonder what drove u to this point. Sorry I don't debate mad people. Bye bye.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by LaudableXX: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
Sanchez01:
In Imo State, three classes of individuals exist. These are the “free born” (Diala), the enslaved outcasts (Osu, Ohu or Oru) and Ume (those prone-to-die).
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/osu-caste-system-dead-myth-reality/amp/

I got wind of the Ume recently during a session at the office. I find it quite fascinating but haven't gotten sound materials to read on it.
Fifthwave:
The "Oru" (plural - Orus), meaning "Slaves"

Wha-aa-at?? shocked Didn't realise this 3rd group existed. Thanks for the info. sad But isn't it ridiculous that in this century where knowledge has increased, technology has abounded and innovation keeps unfolding almost on a daily basis, the minds of men are still so small that they scorn and discriminate against fellow human beings like themselves, based on archaic, superstitious, irrational beliefs??! shocked angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

I wonder what drove u to this point. Sorry I don't debate mad people. Bye bye.

YORUBA-OSU!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by luminouz(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

OSU YORUBA!
MÁDDER? cheesy
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
luminouz:

MÁDDER? cheesy

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

U EVEN PASS A LAW RECENTLY IN LAGOS TO CALIM ALL IGBO PEOPLE CHILDREN AS YORUBA AND FORCE YORUBA LANGUAGE ON THEM.

OSU YORUBA!

Might I suggest you cut your thumbs (actually, shut up!) and stop typing!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by luminouz(m): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

OSU YORUBA!
MÀDDEST!!!!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
ladiesreject:

My culture is not against twins bro. Where I come from have one of the perfect cultures

Go back enough, all Igbos were, among other now-abolished wicked traditions
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fifthwave:

Might I suggest you cut your thumbs (actually, shut up!) and stop typing!

OSU YORUBA!

THE CLEAN YORUBA ARE ALOT MORE RESERVE. THEY DONT OBSESS. CALM FOLKS!

THIS ONE IS OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
luminouz:

MÀDDEST!!!!

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by fortunechy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
there are 1100 ladies that will grab u with double hand..... rubbish
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
THEY THINK OSU, IS IGBO TRADITION.

GO AND LEARN THE TRADITION.

ALL THE IGBO OSU HAVE NOW MOVED TO YORUBA IN MARRIAGE.

THUS YORUBAS ARE OSU.

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Wha-aa-at?? shocked Didn't realise this 3rd group existed. Thanks for the info. sad But isn't it ridiculous that in this century where knowledge has increased, technology has abounded and innovation keeps unfolding almost on a daily basis, the minds of men are still so small that they scorn fellow human beings like themselves, based on archaic, superstitious, irrational beliefs??! shocked angry

Sad, but that's the reality.

4 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by luminouz(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

OSU YORUBA!

Bye!!!!!!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
luminouz:

Bye!!!!!!

OSU-YORUBA!

STAY IN YOUR YORUBA LAND.

WE DONT WANT UR LIKES COMING TO POLLUTE IGBO LAND IN THE NAME OF MARRIAGE.

OSU-YORUBA
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Fifthwave(f): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Culture is dynamic for Christ's sake! We onced killed twins!

But this practise was put to a stop and we moved on. Why has the Igbo caste system persisted?

P.S: Quick fact; caste system is much worse in India.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by LaudableXX: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Fifthwave:
Sad, but that's the reality. I am Osu and a Christian. It is surprising that fellow Christians still discriminate against our caste. The worse is the fact that very enlightened people still succumb to this age old belief!
Guy, don't let anyone define you or tag you with their archaic backward labels. Strive to be the best of every good thing, you can be. Living well is the best revenge! undecided The Churches and community leaders need to also rise against this caste system, and stamp it out! Yet, a lot of those who discriminate against their fellow human beings go to church, receive communion and claim to be good Christians. Bloody hypocrites! Wtf? shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.