Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance (21100 Views)

SERIOUS ALERTS: Imminent Rapture Visions And Messages ( JANUARY 2015 Till Date) / A Nairalander's Prophetic Visions/Declarations For 2015 (Buhari and GEJ Warned) / My Trips To Heaven,hades And Under The Ocean,other Visions And Visitations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 3:09am On Aug 12, 2010
MyJoe I swear you'll soon get my head so big no door'll contain it. Popped in to ask Nuclear something, but will have to pop right out again. 49 cents, I appreciate that. I'm not getting into Catholic dogma and the rest, though. Feel free to feel what it is you feel about the Virgin Mary.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by mnwankwo(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2010
MyJoe:

I can't thank you enough for this.

Hi MyJoe. Thanks for your kind words. Stay blessed.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2010
Here's the question, Nuc:
The Hindus have millions of gods. Christianity, in part, has a doctrine in which there are three Gods in one, or One God manifesting in three ways.
The Hindus believe all their gods is just one God manisfesting in a million ways; from Shiva to Ganesh the elephant god, they're all manifestations of one single entity. You and the Hindus believe the same thing. Do you find that faith-affirming in some way? Do you have thoughts on that? The difference is only a matter of degree: you believe God manifests Itself in three ways, they believe God manifests Itself in millions of ways. Different numbers, same doctrine.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by 49cents(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
m_nwankwo:

Hi 49cents. I never used the word "charity"in this thread. What I simply admonished is for human beings to live according to the  eternal truth which Jesus embodied in his words "Love God with all your heart and love your neighbour as yourself". Any person or creature capable of doing this has already found his way to the kingdom of God. Genuine Love that I am referring to and of which the son of God spoke about is unconditional and thus a love shown with expectation of a reward whether spiritual or earthly is not genuine love. Thus you do not love because you want to go to heaven or because you do not want to go to hell but you love because your spirit is a reflection of the love of God. Thus you are are hardwired to love by God. The reciprocal action that comes to you as a result of one living in the sense of the laws of God is a manifestation of the will of God and not a fulfillment of ones expectations. To  love simply means an unconditional submission to the will of God. Genuine love is tantamount to uncondtional obedience to the will of God.

It is the will of God that all the laws governing the creations of God should be recognised by the human spirit. It is for this reason that each human spirit has to journey through the various creations of God so that by experiencing in the various creations of God, the laws of God in each plane will become an integral part of the human spirit. Thus, the idea of a mystery within creation is not correct. The laws of God that govern the creations of God, from the spiritual  kingdom of GOD down to the gross materail planes like our physical earth should lie lucidly clear to any human spirit that is alive. Thus even while on earth and in full awareness, one can be granted the grace to survey and experience different planes of creation. This grace given to one by God does not require any training or reading books or spiritual exerises, NDE or OBE . All that one need do is to love God and all creatures of God unconditionally, then the bandage that blocks his outer and inner faculties will fall away. Then the human spirit will  have the grace of counscious drawing from the the power of God and this drawing gives it  access to counscious experiencing in the various creations of God even while on earth. Under such a guidance and protection from God, he or she can survey the enormous dangers that befall those who who of their own accord opened their spirits to worlds and currents which the spirit has not the maturity nor the purity to decern. It is for this reason alone that several internal inconsistency as well as self glorification are the hall mark of essays or testimonies given by spiritualists, occultists, mystics, spirtists or even those that have OBE or NDE experiences. A premature opening of the spirit to other worlds will only expose such a spirit to the world of sham where everthing is possible and impossible at the same time. Every genuine seeker for his own good is advised to stay aware from all endeavour that prematurely opens the soul to the sham worlds of the beyound.  Stay blessed.

Hey Nwankwo Hw r you doing?; i just wanted to clarify that true love(charity, still means the same thing is just a matter of smeantics) of God is a reaction to God's own intervention of grace and i concur with you on your explanation of what true love consists in it is rare to find someone who has arrived at this conclusion (i have heard these exact words from some christain mystics and find it very reasonable), same goes for the OBE, NDE, astrologers and the like are quite dangerous but the unwary curios soul will fall into its weary maze until they are completely dazed cos they find no true fulfillment on their sojourn they embarked on.

I had a chat with a guy who spoke volumes about Jesus as an Avatar (messiah) who is sent by God to save those whom those are his; He says Jesus is His master but not the Master of all; that every soul has to search and 'cry' to God to find his own Master, which could be Buddha, Mohammed or other Messiahs whom have appeared in human history, whats your view on this. Stay blessed
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 6:54am On Aug 20, 2010
Nuclear, where's you? It would be lovely to have your take on the trinitarian/multi-manifestation of God doctrine. Maybe I don't get it because it hasn't been adequately explained. Abi you're in hiding ni.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 9:41am On Aug 20, 2010
m_nwankwo:

It is the will of God that all the laws governing the creations of God should be recognised by the human spirit. It is for this reason that each human spirit has to journey through the various creations of God so that by experiencing in the various creations of God, the laws of God in each plane will become an integral part of the human spirit. Thus, the idea of a mystery within creation is not correct. The laws of God that govern the creations of God, from the spiritual  kingdom of GOD down to the gross materail planes like our physical earth should lie lucidly clear to any human spirit that is alive. Thus even while on earth and in full awareness, one can be granted the grace to survey and experience different planes of creation. This grace given to one by God does not require any training or reading books or spiritual exerises, NDE or OBE . All that one need do is to love God and all creatures of God unconditionally, then the bandage that blocks his outer and inner faculties will fall away. Then the human spirit will  have the grace of counscious drawing from the the power of God and this drawing gives it  access to counscious experiencing in the various creations of God even while on earth. Under such a guidance and protection from God, he or she can survey the enormous dangers that befall those who who of their own accord opened their spirits to worlds and currents which the spirit has not the maturity nor the purity to decern. It is for this reason alone that several internal inconsistency as well as self glorification are the hall mark of essays or testimonies given by spiritualists, occultists, mystics, spirtists or even those that have OBE or NDE experiences. A premature opening of the spirit to other worlds will only expose such a spirit to the world of sham where everthing is possible and impossible at the same time. Every genuine seeker for his own good is advised to stay aware from all endeavour that prematurely opens the soul to the sham worlds of the beyound.  Stay blessed.

49cents:

Hey Nwankwo Hw r you doing?; i just wanted to clarify that true love(charity, still means the same thing is just a matter of smeantics) of God is a reaction to God's own intervention of grace and i concur with you on your explanation of what true love consists in it is rare to find someone who has arrived at this conclusion (i have heard these exact words from some christain mystics and find it very reasonable), same goes for the OBE, NDE, astrologers and the like are quite dangerous but the unwary curios soul will fall into its weary maze until they are completely dazed cos they find no true fulfillment on their sojourn they embarked on.

I had a chat with a guy who spoke volumes about Jesus as an Avatar (messiah) who is sent by God to save those whom those are his; He says Jesus is His master but not the Master of all; that every soul has to search and 'cry' to God to find his own Master, which could be Buddha, Mohammed or other Messiahs whom have appeared in human history, whats your view on this. Stay blessed

There is a category of people who seek occult experiences: astral travel and soul realms and all the rest. They SEEK these things and open themselves up to all manner of influences and deception and what not.

There is another category of everyday people of diverse religious backgrounds worldwide who do NOT seek these things but it happens to them BECAUSE THEY DIED, LIKE WE ALL WILL. Accidents, illness, murder, etc happen to them, atheist, Moslem, Christian,plumber or PhD,  and they die. These happen by the millions because people die every minute of every day. Some return after days or hours of death, and some do not.  It is this second category that has been explored here: Normal, everyday people who died, some of whom hold no religious beliefs at all, talkless of seeking the spiritual experience in the first place. Since it's unlikely you've ever died, I don't think you have a basis for putting down the experiences of people who have. Merely because it doesn't conform to your personal religious ideas on when and how these things should occur.

No one wants to die. No one asks to die. They have no control over when and how death happens to them, or what happens afterwards. Death is something that will happen to us all. You may not like accounts of Death Experiences. If exploring these things makes you uncomfortable, if you feel the things millions of people experience MUST conform to your personal religious ideas, there are many places designed for your comfort and ease of mind. You're entitled to an opinion on these things, and that opinion is valuable. But given that you've likely never experienced death yourself, be kind enough to acknowledge you don't know everything that is out there, and be respectful of their experiences even if you don't like that they don't conform to what your church or religious organisation teaches.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by mnwankwo(m): 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2010
49cents:

Hi 49cents. I am fine. Thank you. Hope you are fine too.
49cents:

I do not agree with the views expressed by the guy you spoke to. Jesus is the son of God, that means that an essence of God the Father became personal as Jesus. Thus Jesus is an incarnation of God.Taking into cognisance the limitation of our earthly language, one can say that Jesus is a "part" of God the Father that is personal in the work of love. One can also say that Jesus is the personification of the Love that is God and is in God. Thus Jesus is the only real Master for he is a son of God or God the son if the later will enable you to form a conception that is a bit closer to the Truth. Only God the Father is the Truth and since Jesus is a "part" of God the Father, he too is the Truth.

Now Jesus came for the salvation of all, not for any particular group of people and anyone who lives in the sense of genuine love is following the teachings of Jesus even if he or she have not heard about Jesus on this earth. Having returned to God the Father after the fulfilment of his mission, Jesus is not in creation any more but outside and above all creations. Jesus has reunited with his Father. Thus claims by religious people or mystics of having contact with Jesus is false. What they see in all circumstances is there own "Jesus". This false "Jesus" was created by the founders and followers of these movements or societies until it became very powerful that it controls them and performs so called "miracles for followers. This beautiful thread by MyJoe has addressed in part how human beings by misapplying the power of God create demons. Thus, it is for this reason that all religions or societies have created there own false Jesus and you can now understand why they have stories and encounters with this false Jesus. God is not in creation. The only way God can be in creation is through incarnation as once happened with Jesus. If Jesus, the son of God will enter creation without the necessary step-down anchorages, then the entire creation including spiritual creation will just literally vapourize and cease to exist on coming in contact with the white heat emanating from unsusbstantiate, God-essense  of Jesus, the son of God. And yet, many a human being imagine that they have personal contact with Jesus. Yes, they do have contact but not with the genuine Jesus, the son of God but with a fake Jesus created and animated by them and others who think like them. Thus to answer your question, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of God is the only genuine Master and on account of the fact that he is God the son, no creature can have a direct personal contact with him. All contact are indirect  through several chains of spiritual mediators. I will not go into this as it will take us into distances that will make our heads begin to swell.

It is spiritual ignorance that makes most people to think that Jesus is just a prophet like several others. Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, Zoroaster, Laotze, Krishna, Mary Magdalene, John the Baptist etc are not incarnations of God but creatures who God called to be his Prophets. God gave them revelations adapted to the spiritual maturity and culture of their people. Thus, these prophets taught recognitions or part truths since a creature even with the highest blessings can only receive part Truth. Only the one that is the Truth can teach the whole Truth. Only God is the Truth. Thus all these prophets of God were forerunners to the Truth. Their message is meant to form a flight of steps leading to the ultimate Truth that Jesus brought. These prophets of God in different cultures faithfully fulfilled there mission. As we mature, the truth of what these prophets actually taught in different era will be shown to us by the grace of God and we may see how divorced the various movements in the name of these prophets are from what they actually taught. Then one may see that Buddha, Mohammed, LaoTze etc taught the same truth only adapted to the spiritual maturity and culture of their people. A prophet of God writes or says what God reveals to him, a son of God draws from Himself for he is "part" of God the Father and one with God the Father. Thus a son of God carries the knowledge in himself and does not need any training. Once the appointed time ordained by God the Father reaches, the radiations connection are stretched taught and a son of God draws consciously from the inexhaustible fountain of divine omnipotence and omniscience. If you think deeply into this, you may appreciate why all the claims of Jesus going to India, Persia or even Tibet to learn the mystical arts is spiritual nonsense. Stay blessed.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
I'll never understand this manifestation thing. Nuc, you are a wuss. cheesy
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by 49cents(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2010
m_nwankwo:

Hi 49cents. I am fine. Thank you. Hope you are fine too.
I do not agree with the views expressed by the guy you spoke to. Jesus is the son of God, that means that an essence of God the Father became personal as Jesus. Thus Jesus is an incarnation of God.Taking into cognisance the limitation of our earthly language, one can say that Jesus is a "part" of God the Father that is personal in the work of love. One can also say that Jesus is the personification of the Love that is God and is in God. Thus Jesus is the only real Master for he is a son of God or God the son if the later will enable you to form a conception that is a bit closer to the Truth. Only God the Father is the Truth and since Jesus is a "part" of God the Father, he too is the Truth.

Now Jesus came for the salvation of all, not for any particular group of people and anyone who lives in the sense of genuine love is following the teachings of Jesus even if he or she have not heard about Jesus on this earth. Having returned to God the Father after the fulfilment of his mission, Jesus is not in creation any more but outside and above all creations. Jesus has reunited with his Father. Thus claims by religious people or mystics of having contact with Jesus is false. What they see in all circumstances is there own "Jesus". This false "Jesus" was created by the founders and followers of these movements or societies until it became very powerful that it controls them and performs so called "miracles for followers. This beautiful thread by MyJoe has addressed in part how human beings by misapplying the power of God create demons. Thus, it is for this reason that all religions or societies have created there own false Jesus and you can now understand why they have stories and encounters with this false Jesus. God is not in creation. The only way God can be in creation is through incarnation as once happened with Jesus. If Jesus, the son of God will enter creation without the necessary step-down anchorages, then the entire creation including spiritual creation will just literally vapourize and cease to exist on coming in contact with the white heat emanating from unsusbstantiate, God-essense of Jesus, the son of God. And yet, many a human being imagine that they have personal contact with Jesus. Yes, they do have contact but not with the genuine Jesus, the son of God but with a fake Jesus created and animated by them and others who think like them. Thus to answer your question, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of God is the only genuine Master and on account of the fact that he is God the son, no creature can have a direct personal contact with him. All contact are indirect through several chains of spiritual mediators. I will not go into this as it will take us into distances that will make our heads begin to swell.

It is spiritual ignorance that makes most people to think that Jesus is just a prophet like several others. Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, Zoroaster, Laotze, Krishna, Mary Magdalene, John the Baptist etc are not incarnations of God but creatures who God called to be his Prophets. God gave them revelations adapted to the spiritual maturity and culture of their people. Thus, these prophets taught recognitions or part truths since a creature even with the highest blessings can only receive part Truth. Only the one that is the Truth can teach the whole Truth. Only God is the Truth. Thus all these prophets of God were forerunners to the Truth. Their message is meant to form a flight of steps leading to the ultimate Truth that Jesus brought. These prophets of God in different cultures faithfully fulfilled there mission. As we mature, the truth of what these prophets actually taught in different era will be shown to us by the grace of God and we may see how divorced the various movements in the name of these prophets are from what they actually taught. Then one may see that Buddha, Mohammed, LaoTze etc taught the same truth only adapted to the spiritual maturity and culture of their people. A prophet of God writes or says what God reveals to him, a son of God draws from Himself for he is "part" of God the Father and one with God the Father. Thus a son of God carries the knowledge in himself and does not need any training. Once the appointed time ordained by God the Father reaches, the radiations connection are stretched taught and a son of God draws consciously from the inexhaustible fountain of divine omnipotence and omniscience. If you think deeply into this, you may appreciate why all the claims of Jesus going to India, Persia or even Tibet to learn the mystical arts is spiritual nonsense. Stay blessed.

Thanks for your response I really appreciate the efforts you usually put in replying well that simply tells me that you are very passionate and sure of what you believe yet surprisingly calm about it……
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by sprayer(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
Really, it is more of personal relationship with God and of-course faith to believe in those messages or visions received.

The book of Job says that God speaks to us in various ways and dreams are part of such ways.

Everyone has ways God speaks to them.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by mnwankwo(m): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
49cents:

Thanks for your response I really appreciate the efforts you usually put in replying well that simply tells me that you are very passionate and sure of what you believe yet surprisingly calm about it……

Hi 49cents. Thanks for your kind comment. Stay blessed.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by 49cents(m): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
m_nwankwo:

Hi 49cents. Thanks for your kind comment. Stay blessed.
Hi Nwankwo, just popped in to pose these questions which are based on your earlier posts and it is as follows,

1. How where you able to 'Deduce' that Jesus, is the Son of God?

2. Can anyone know anything partaining to the Divine or the spiritual realities for sure?
and if yes,
3. how can one know these things for sure?
4. How come several spiritual masters or enlightened persons have with varying perceptions and conflicting beliefs of spiritual issues? and they use the similar tools of prayer and meditation?
Finally is the instituition of the Church ever releveant for preservation and commuinication of spiritual revelation?
Thanks,
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2010
Mad_Max:

I'll never understand this manifestation thing. Nuc, you are a wuss. cheesy
Nuclear the boy has never been known to be a wussbag. This calls for an enquiry. smiley
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
Oh hey. I was actually looking forward to 49 cents and mwankwo's conversation, once they got over other people's after death experiences, which I'm not sure they're qualified to dismiss, having probably never had one of their own. It's a free world though. 49 asked interesting questions. I've read the Grail Message books and can do without it being constantly paraphrased, but the conversation might be interesting; m_nwankwo often is. The usual trinitarian/ God manifests in 3 ways arguments are out there. Jesus was a manifestation of God and so is God. The Holy Spirit is a manifestation of God and so is God. What on earth is a manifestation? It's never made sense, but could be because I didn't get it. It's not a priority though.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by PastorAIO: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
Perhaps trinity has more to do with perception than with any intrinsic quality of God, or anything else for that matter.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Perhaps trinity has more to do with perception than with any intrinsic quality of God, or anything else for that matter.
Yeah. I think that's the point Mad_Max was on about in her question to nuclearboy.

Mad_Max:

Oh hey. I was actually looking forward to 49 cents and mwankwo's conversation, once they got over other people's after death experiences, which I'm not sure they're qualified to dismiss, having probably never had one of their own. It's a free world though. 49 asked interesting questions. I've read the Grail Message books and can do without it being constantly paraphrased, but the conversation might be interesting; m_nwankwo often is. The usual trinitarian/ God manifests in 3 ways arguments are out there. Jesus was a manifestation of God and so is God. The Holy Spirit is a manifestation of God and so is God. What on earth is a manifestation? It's never made sense, but could be because I didn't get it. It's not a priority though.
M_Nwankwo offers some good perspectives on the Trinity - or a version of it - in this thread The Oracle, The Monk & The Severance Of "parts" Of God. . . M_nwankwo. . .. I don't share his position on that matter but it's devoid of the obfuscation usually found in most discourses of the Trinity doctrine.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by mnwankwo(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2010
49cents:

Hi Nwankwo, just popped in to pose these questions which are based on your earlier posts and it is as follows,

1. How where you able to 'Deduce' that  Jesus, is the Son of God?

2. Can anyone know anything partaining to the Divine or the spiritual realities for sure?
and if yes,
3. how can one know these things for sure?
4. How come several spiritual masters or enlightened persons have with varying perceptions and conflicting beliefs of spiritual issues? and they use the similar tools of prayer and meditation?
Finally is the instituition of the Church ever releveant for preservation and commuinication of  spiritual revelation?
Thanks,

Hi 49cents. Thanks for your questions. I address your questions as follows:

1. I know that Jesus is the son of God by revelation and later by intuitive experiencing. Jesus himself said that he is the son of God and the Grail Message which I adhere to gave explanations on why Jesus is the son of God. But the testimony of Jesus and that of the Grail Message belong to revelation. But, I do not accept anything especially spiritual matters just because Jesus or the Grail Message said so. I know there is a faculty or an antennae which God implanted in our spirits, as an intrinsic nature of the spirit and this antennae or faculty is given to us  so that we can discern Gods will with certainty. This antennae or faculty is called intuition and has no relationship with feeling. Thus when confronted with the claim of Jesus as well as that of the Grail Message, I prayed that the truth or otherwise of this son-ship of Jesus should be made known to me. I was permitted a spiritual experience which took me back to the time Jesus was physically on earth. That spiritual experience  which I will not discuss here for it is meant for me alone gave me the irrefutable conviction that Jesus is the son of God. And I am sure any other person can have the same confirmation if the pray for it. It will be given to them when such knowledge will help them to advance spiritually. Thus when one is confronted with a puzzle in spiritual matters or even earthly matters, empty yourself of all thoughts, and pray. Then the waves of prayer emanating from your spirit are not hindered by intellectual pondering or brain activity and it will find connection with the power of God. You will then find answers to what you seek.

But the next question will be " How is M_Nwankwo sure that this experience is not his imagination or that he is simply deluded". I know it is not imagination or delusion but I cannot transfer this knowledge to a skeptic or anybody else. All I can say is that such spiritual experience while personal to one, the transformation it engenders is radiated outwards so that others will sense that a major transformation of the person has taken place.

2. Yes, we can know with certainty spiritual matters and intuitively perceive with certainty  revealed divine realities. The love of God adequately equipped each human spirit by blessing it with the faculty of intuition. Unfortunately, the voice of the spirit have been wilfully tied up by the activities of the brain that many can no longer perceive with the faculties of the spirit, hence our inability to discern reality from illusion, miracle from magic, genuine healing from mystical arts, truth from falsehood etc.  The laws of God are written in every creation of God and these laws are imbued with love, justice and purity. Thus what ever is lacking in love, justice and purity is not of God and in this matter there are no exceptions. Every normal soul still know what purity, justice and love are. Thus if a man says that God told him to steal from his neighbour and bring the bounty to his church, a normal human being does not need a vision to know that such an action is not of God but of the devil. The language of God is the laws of God in creation and by experiencing these laws of the universe and making it our own, we can with certainty know what is the will of God and what is not. Besides, love, purity and justice if they become an integral part of the spirit gives it the magnetic attraction to only draw from God who is the source of justice, love and purity, while at the same time forming a magnetic repulsion to all that is base, impure, dark and unjust. An evil volition or spirit or entity have no influence over a soul who lives in the laws of God and such a servant of God can easily differentiate for his intuition is alive.

3. Many call themselves Masters but they are not. Part of the confusion is the activities of these false masters and sages. Another part of the confusion is where a true teaching by a genuine servant or prophet of God has been distorted by the followers. But a normal human being can again see through the confusion. The fruits of genuine spirituality are love, purity, justice, compassion and other virtues and where these are lacking, be rest assured that such a teaching, religion, sect or individual is not of God. But if still in doubt, pray to God in humility and silence and you will receive guidance and clarification. We are always surrounded by the incomprehensible love of God and no one will be led astray except if such a person stubbornly decides to go astray. Even then, the love of God still inclines to us bringing experiences designed to wake us from spiritual slumber or rescue us from a false spiritual path. In the course of even one earth life, several of such soul shaking experiences are placed on our path and if a soul still goes astray after all this, then such a soul has himself to blame for his inevitable destruction.

4. No, the church is not necessary or relevant for spiritual communication. God created us without a church and he can save us without a church too. Church came as a result of the will of Men and not the will of God. There is no church in heaven, the spiritual kingdom of God. God calls his servants and prepares them for there mission prenatally. Spiritually, members of the church are all those human beings and creatures who live according to the will of God. Whether or not they attend an earthly or non earthly institution is irrelevant. The only criteria for admittance to the spiritual church is recognition and obedience to the will of God. It has nothing to do with earthly or non earthly institutions, religions, sects or movements.  Besides, genuine revelations from God are indelibly written in the book of creation and anyone can be permitted to look into the book of life and see the past, the present and the future. Having said that there are still some Truth in the earthly Churches or religions and an inwardly alive human being can see the truth and discard the falsehood. If you know rice, you can still pick out grains of rice when a cup of rice is mixed with a bag of sand. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2010
MyJoe:

M_Nwankwo offers some good perspectives on the Trinity - or a version of it - in this thread The Oracle, The Monk & The Severance Of "parts" Of God. . . M_nwankwo. . .. I don't share his position on that matter but it's devoid of the obfuscation usually found in most discourses of the Trinity doctrine.

MyJoe, you're great. You really are.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by DeepSight(m): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
Mad_Max:

Here's the question, Nuc:
The Hindus have millions of gods. Christianity, in part, has a doctrine in which there are three Gods in one, or One God manifesting in three ways.
The Hindus believe all their gods is just one God manisfesting in a million ways; from Shiva to Ganesh the elephant god, they're all manifestations of one single entity. You and the Hindus believe the same thing. Do you find that faith-affirming in some way? Do you have thoughts on that? The difference is only a matter of degree: you believe God manifests Itself in three ways, they believe God manifests Itself in millions of ways. Different numbers, same doctrine.

The connotation of each of the three expressions of God as defined within the Trinity doctrine is in stark contrast to the connotations of the manifestations of the millions of hindu Gods.

I am surprised that the mere fact of "manifesting" could be sufficient to lead you to conclude that they are the same doctrine, merely distinguished by degrees of manifestations. I would have thought that rather than look at mere numbers, you would be so circumspect as to look at the meanings and connotations of EACH of those manifestations and see if they are in any way similar.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
Deep Sight:

The connotation of each of the three expressions of God as defined within the Trinity doctrine is in stark contrast to the connotations of the manifestations of the millions of hindu Gods.

I am surprised that the mere fact of "manifesting" could be sufficient to lead you to conclude that they are the same doctrine, merely distinguished by degrees of manifestations. I would have thought that rather than look at mere numbers, you would be so circumspect as to look at the meanings and connotations of EACH of those manifestations and see if they are in any way similar.
The staggering similarities/differences!  wink

Mad_Max:

MyJoe, you're great. You really are.
Certainly not when compared to you and the other fabulous minds around here! Thanks for the kind words, though.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2010
MyJoe, I came across this text yesterday. The book is 103 years old; It was published in 1907. It's an interpretation of the events in the Gospels from the perspective of a Hindu occult master, Yogi. To the book's author, Jesus was an initiate in the Essene Brotherhood. The book is in the tradition of 'Teachers' who 'teach' from their own self-proclaimed Spiritual Authority, giving no proof or evidence for a single thing they say, borrowing heavily from older ideas, weaving it around their personal opinions and putting the plagiarised mess forward as the TRUTH. This author is honest, though, and has done a lot of research, and does not attribute old ideas to his own originality but freely acknowledges their source; Gnosticism, Kabala, Christian theology, Hinduism, Buddhism, occult lore and the writings of early Church Fathers like Origen. I was fascinated to find a lot of things in it that are true. Naturally there are things in it that aren't true.

I haven't finished reading it, but the gospels from an occult Hindu perpective is extremely interesting. It's a short book. He's a non-Christian,and perfectly entitled to his own views and interpretation of events. I broke it down into 5 parts so I could upload here.

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2010
Two

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by DeepSight(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2010
Brilliant, keep it coming Max, I am downloading already.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hi Deep.
Three

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2010
Fantastic! Waiting for the others.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2010
Four

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2010
Sorry if the formatting isn't too smooth. I'm copying from a digital book, and cutting and recutting to fit the allowed attachment size here.
Final one.

Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2010
I have just taken a first glance. Lots of Rosicrucian stuff in there - or lots of its stuff in Rosicrucianism.

This one might interest you, too (assuming you have not seen it previously).
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MyJoe: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2010
Final
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by MadMax1(f): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2010
Lovely. Thank you.

This Yogi guy was Hindu Occult. He translated one of the Hindu holy books into English. These are stuff he taught his Hindu occult initiate class in 1904 and 1907. They just put his class teachings into a book. He definitely didn't borrow from Rosicrucianism. They may have borrowed from him and others; most of these doctrines and ideas have been around for centuries, and so aren't new.
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by welovegod(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2010
When we belong to God, loving Him first, and the people we love also belong to God, then we do not lose them when they die.
The relationship is simply interrupted until we, too, finish our earthly business.

Read More at http://ilovegod1./

Remember, Your Love for God must be Genuine and true.

Remain Blessed

Follow me on http://twitter.com/IsaacSuccessO
Re: The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance by mazaje(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2010
What is it with this NDE brouhaha?. . . . . .

Here is a Muslim NDE from http://www.near-death.com/muslim.html

As she headed for shore, she realized that she was too far out to make it back. She began to struggle and swallow water. Finally she slipped beneath the waves. I went under for the fourth time, and my body went limp and I wasn't aware of it anymore. It was at this point that I saw a beautiful white light. It was so bright and yet it had such a calming effect that the more I looked at it, the calmer I felt. To this day I can't really say what that light was. In my religion (Muslim) there are beings called angels who are made out of pure white light. Maybe that is what I saw.

Anyway, while I was underwater, I heard a voice say, "You are not to die like this." Suddenly I felt this energy shoot through me from my feet to my head, and at the same time I seemed to be propelled out of the water. It was as if someone was physically bringing me out of the water, but I can swear that there was no physical being there.

She saw Muslim angels.

How about this website with 11 NDE's from Thailand. http://www.shaktitechnology.com/bkknde.htm

Go look at it. Almost all of them mention Yamatoots, which are servants of Yama, Lord of the Dead. This is just more evidence that NDE's are completely based off of the culture of the individual.

Here is a Native American one. http://www.near-death.com/elk.html

When Black Elk was a boy of nine, he collapsed with a severe, painful swelling of his legs, arms and face. He lost consciousness and lay in his tipi dying. He was called by two men coming from the clouds, saying, "Hurry up, your grandfather is calling you." He was raised up out of his tipi into the clouds, feeling sorry to leave his parents. He was shown an elaborate vision oriented around a classic Native American mandala: the circular hoop, the four directions, and the center of the world on an axis stretching from sky to Earth, numerous neighing, dancing horses, surrounded by lightning and thunder, filled the sky at each direction.

He was told to behold this, then to follow a bay horse, which led him to a rainbow door. Inside, sitting on clouds, were six grandfathers, "older than men can ever be - old like hills, old like stars." The oldest grandfather welcomed the boy and said: "Your Grandfathers all over the world are having a council, and they have called you here to teach you."

His voice was very kind, but the boy shook all over with fear now, for he knew that these were not old men, but the Powers of the World.

Each Grandfather gave Black Elk a power. The first Grandfather gave him the power to heal. The second Grandfather then gave the boy the power of cleansing. The third Grandfather gave the boy the power of awakening and its peace. From the fourth Grandfather the boy was given the power of growth. The fifth Grandfather, the Spirit of the Sky, gave the power of transcendent vision. The sixth Grandfather, a very old man, incredibly grew backwards into youth until he became the boy, Black Elk.

am not saying NDE's don't happen. But to say they are evidence of the afterlife is pretty foolish, given the fact that the people are not actually dead when they happen. The only thing NDE's show is that we don't fully understand how the brain works when it is placed under extreme duress. We know the body can do amazing things when under severe stress (lifting cars off children, etc). And that's all natural. Why can't the brain do the same thing?

It's all cultural. If all NDE's were the same, regardless of culture and beliefs, then you might have more evidence on your side. But a few Christian woo experiences doesn't lead to the belief in the Christian God, any more than 11 Thai experiences makes me believe in Yamatoots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) / Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? / Science Disproves Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.