Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784119 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dozieihems: 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
ayoadefantastic:

Hey brother,

Pray to God for direction and follow your mind. None of all these western countries can be compared to Nigeria. I did my Masters in Germany and have lived in Austria, USA etc.. I know people that that had good jobs and quit to pursue their masters or other qualifications and in the end didnt leave after their studies, brought their families and all sort of life key decisions as these. And they are doing fine. I can assure you that it is not always as rosy as it may sound in the begining particularly when you are moving there as a student with family. But truth be told, this will only last a few months or a year; by the time you understand the country and city you live everything will begin to make sense. In a nutshell its a worthy adventure! At least you are not quiting your job until you get admitted and gotten your visa. Canada amd UK are not even mates in terms of immigration policies; Canada is more friendly!
Am encouraged now I will move on with my plans

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dozieihems: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
rolorolo:

This is very wrong. Let me burst your bubbles. My elder who left Nigeria to Canada in 2012 is a certified family physician in Canada with monthly salary of $25k. She advised me that is good to come over and study as the system gives preference to individuals with their qualifications. Yes, initially, it may be rough but trust me, if you take the necessary certifications, you will get there and regret will be a thing of the past.
Am encouraged God bless u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ladyb4sure(f): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please brother I sent you Pm please help check. I urgently need response from you.
deboskie:
You can make payment with your debit card. I made mine through my GTB naira debit card and all went fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please feel free.... You may need to write the internationaladmissions@conestogac.on.ca to lodge your complain and trust me within 2 working days you will hear from them on what to do. My application was straight forward and i made payment through my GTB naira debit card.
ladyb4sure:
Please can I pm you? I only saw options for credit card. I made mistakes by registering twice which is same issues now I have two application number :-
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
Haven't gotten any pm from you yet
ladyb4sure:
Please brother I sent you on help check. I urgently need response from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Dalhousie University Masters applicants. Please let's link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ladyb4sure(f): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
deboskie:
Haven't gotten any pm from you yet

I sent it again. Please my mail is opens4business@gmail.com should in case you didn't get my pm.

I sent mail to Conestoga last night still haven't heard from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Richy5008: 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
I would like to ask a question. can some 1 be able to apply for CANADA PhD student visa in UK after the completion 2years masters programme(1 year for studying and the other for compulsory work experience). Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Evening all.. On the letter of recommendation. Must my referees use use the official logo of their institution and must there be a letterhead of the name of the office on the letter ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
Asapant:
Evening all.. On the letter of recommendation. Must my referees use use the official logo of their institution and must there be a letterhead of the name of the office on the letter ?

Did your school/department ask for paper recommendation letter? (cuz it is usually by mail), if the answer is in affirmative, then the referees will have to write on letterhead, signed and sealed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dolzz: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
harveygordon:
Hi everyone! I don't know how to start but I will somehow.

I've seen people here get admissions into Canadian Unis be it for BSc, MSc or Certification programs. Some eventually get TRVs, some denied.

However, my own case has been rather worse. I've been denied admission 3 times: 2 by Uni of Saskatchewan and one by Uni of Manitoba.

Just for information, I graduated with a 2,1 in Biochemistry in one of Nigerian fed Unis. Had 98 in TOEFL (even when it is not needed most the Unis).

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Did you apply for a research based Masters or Course work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Noo. Must be sent through mail not paper.
Kishkosh:

Did your school/department ask for paper recommendation letter? (cuz it is usually by mail), if the answer is in affirmative, then the referees will have to write on letterhead, signed and sealed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by whyx06(m): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
PGC...

Frankrobbn1:

whyx06,

Which of the dipolma certificate program are we talking about here? Do you mean PGD/PGC? If no!,
Are you referring to ordinary dipolma for fresh high school graduates?. If yes?, I'll advise that if you aren't a fresh high school graduate don't waste your visa application fee by applying with an ordinary dipolma offer that last for 2 years. You are better off applying for a bachelor's degree which goes a long run to prove to the visa officer that you're a genuine student who wants to enhance his/her career prospects back home. Going with an ordinary dipolma program you will be seen as not a genuine student who is using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
On my way to Abuja for paper route submission tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
Richy5008:
I would like to ask a question. can some 1 be able to apply for CANADA PhD student visa in UK after the completion 2years masters programme(1 year for studying and the other for compulsory work experience). Thanks

Yeah that’s my case too except I’m going for an MBA. You can still apply for the PhD & subsequent visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harveygordon: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
Prudento:

Did you first contact Supervisors in those places?

Yes, for the program that requires one. Unfortunately, non responded to my mails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harveygordon: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
drhammed:
You have above average results which qualifies you for admission anywhere. I'm afraid the problem might be from your Personal Statement or SOP as they might have required. Be guided that graduate admissions is more than Grade alone, they also take into consideration of your Personal Statement, SOP, CV, research experience, etc.

I may advise you write a very convincing statement next time, stating how you're suitable for the graduate studies and wait for admission approval in no time.

Best wishes.

Yes, I gave out my SOP for people read and a lot felt convinced. l must tell you I felt frustrated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harveygordon: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Linzo:

Do this and you will get admission. Avoid plagiarism even when you download a good convincing sop in the net use this tool prepostseo.com to rewrite it and after rewriting also use the plagiarism checker tool in it and check for plagiarism and be sure its 90% unique thereafter go submit you application and come back here to thank me. Good luck

I will try this out. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
harveygordon:

Yes, for the program that requires one. Unfortunately, non responded to my mails.

Keep working on the mails you send to them, and keep sending until you get a response. This is the surest way to get an MSC position, even with funding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
harveygordon:

Work on way of approach to them, write a very convincing motivations, attach your CV, transcripts. Hopefully they will reply you. You can also work through to them via LinkedIn, they will respond by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olaneeran: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hello Seniors,

Can someone pls help review my cousin's SOP?. He's been given an admission at Brandon university, for bachelor of Nursing.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Gifty28(f): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hey guys, great job so far. Please is there any memorial uni (MUN) msc biochemistry student here or sm1 that has gotten admission to MUN, I need to get some information. Thank u anticipating for replies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
Asapant:
Noo. Must be sent through mail not paper.

Some schools ask for referee's email, a link to a reference form is sent to your referee, he or she fills the form and submits. Some schools will still send a reference form to the referee and provide an option for attaching a scanned copy of a written reference letter after filling the form. In that case, your reference letter must be written in a letterheaded paper of your former insitution for academic refs and letterheaded paper of organisation for professional refs.

The schools that ask for letterheaded paper usually do not mandate for an institutional mail (usually not yahoo, gmail, etc), so the paper shows them is official. Also make sure the letters are signed and stamped only if the ref has a stamp, not compulsory.

But if your referees have a functional institutional mail address, then it substitutes the letterheaded paper because the institutional mail shows its official.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harveygordon: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
drhammed:

Work on way of approach to them, write a very convincing motivations, attach your CV, transcripts. Hopefully they will reply you. You can also work through to them via LinkedIn, they will respond by God's grace.

Amen. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harveygordon: 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
Prudento:

Keep working on the mails you send to them, and keep sending until you get a response. This is the surest way to get an MSC position, even with funding

Alright. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
Gifty28:
Hey guys, great job so far. Please is there any memorial uni (MUN) msc biochemistry student here or sm1 that has gotten admission to MUN, I need to get some information. Thank u anticipating for replies

Here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
Thank you very much Jewel.. I appreciate your response alot
Jewel80:

Some schools ask for referee's email, a link to a reference form is sent to your referee, he or she fills the form and submits. Some schools will still send a reference form to the referee and provide an option for attaching a scanned copy of a written reference letter after filling the form. In that case, your reference letter must be written in a letterheaded paper of your former insitution for academic refs and letterheaded paper of organisation for professional refs.

The schools that ask for letterheaded paper usually do not mandate for an institutional mail (usually not yahoo, gmail, etc), so the paper shows them is official. Also make sure the letters are signed and stamped only if the ref has a stamp, not compulsory.

But if your referees have a functional institutional mail address, then it substitutes the letterheaded paper because the institutional mail shows its official.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Pls on personal asset, i only submited my Mum land agreement of 3.2M and properties on myself and my husband before my refusal.
1. Now, can i do deed of gift of my Mum land to my name?
2. Will d deeds be backdated or with an updated date?
3. What reason can i give for my Mum to transfer d property to me now and most especially wen am not d only child or son��? Thanks gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tochy31(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
Olaneeran:
Hello Seniors,

Can someone pls help review my cousin's SOP?. He's been given an admission at Brandon university, for bachelor of Nursing.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, I also got admitted to brandon uni, bachelor in computer science. When do u intent to apply for visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
AKUPSME:
On my way to Abuja for paper route submission tomorrow
See you tomorrow... Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:52am On Jun 19, 2018
Kishkosh:
Happy birthday sir @mcobex
Thanks very much bro, I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.