Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! (13514 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2010
redsun, believe it or not, some relics of the 'gone age' are still here with us! grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 5:13am On May 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

I only need to produce YOUR OWN QUOTE, where you stated very clearly that you are aware that corruption leads to the death of many people. Here is the quote –

Quote from: pro01 on May 23, 2010, 01:35 PM
“I acknowledge the plight of the beleaguered masses that, as you have said, have died and continue to die from the lethal effects of corruption.”

Having made the foregoing statement, it beggars belief that you would have the nerve to revert to me demanding proof of the fact that corruption leads to deaths.

This is disgusting – not only because you had already acknowledged this fact, but primarily because it is self-evident that stolen state resources deny critical sectors such as health which thereby cause the loss of lives.

I had earlier questioned your ability to comprehend semantics, and now I feel somewhat vindicated. If I acknowledge the plight of the masses as a cognition of their hardships caused by corruption, and then offhandedly echo YOUR opinion about how corruption leads to their deaths, how is that tantamount to stating "very clearly" that I am "aware that corruption leads to the death of many people"? Are you truly soft-headed or do you merely pretend to be in order to achieve certain narrow ends? If you make the claims that corruption is worse than mass-murder because the former accounts for more deaths than the latter, it is certainly arguable but can never be a FACT in the same way in which a mass murderer has been proved to have deliberately and directly caused the loss of human life, Period. This is unarguable. These silly antics of yours do not make you appear intelligent in the estimation of the discerning, if that is your intendment, sorry.

Deep Sight:

At all events, I needn’t dwell on this because you have already shot yourself in the foot with this admission – You said –

“Be that as it may, I actually support the death penalty for corruption in Nigeria”

And this emphatically shows that YOU recognise that the standards adopted by the far-east nations regarding corruption are desirable in Nigeria!

Why then would you contradict yourself by insisting that only current Nigerian standards should be considered in a discussion of this nature? ? ?

You are violently confused.

You do appear to be violently idiotic to say the very least. I can forgive your challenges in comprehending semantics, but I will not forgive you for deliberately distorting my statement, extracting an inchoate sentence and misrepresenting its real context, just because of your rabid desire to ‘win’. For the avoidance of doubt, I will reproduce my so-called “admission” in full:

"Being that you are blessed with ‘Deep Sight’ I know that you must have seen the “(In Nigeria)” somewhere there, and in any case we are talking about a Nigerian politician charged with offences allegedly committed in Nigeria, so EXTANT Nigerian laws must apply. If corruption is punishable by death in Asia and the Far East, how does that “singularly floor my argument”? Would you as a lawyer be quoting Saudi Laws in front of a Judge of the Nigerian Federal High Court?"

Be that as it may, I actually support the death penalty for corruption in Nigeria (that is an entirely different argument though)

Why did you deliberately omit the bolded part in red font This is an incredibly lamentable act and exposes you as an intellectual fraud. If citing inchoate quotes and dubiously selecting inconclusive statements is the basis upon which you typically build premises for your arguments in court, then your entire law practice may amount to nothing more than perfidy cloaked in wig-and-gown. The argument WAS NOT whether a death penalty for corruption is desirable in Nigeria! The argument, my contention in fact, was that EXTANT Nigerian laws do not provide for the death penalty in Nigeria - and this is what would apply in current cases of corruption IN Nigeria; it therefore borders on "tomfoolery" for you to introduce foreign laws in a matter that will be decided by local laws. The fact that I would personally support the death penalty for corruption in Nigeria (as part of my call for more holistic and revolutionary ways of fighting the menace) is absolutely inconsequential and extraneous to the present argument, and as such should NOT provide a basis to feed your desperate need to prove your doubtful intelligence.

I deemed this intervention to be highly necessary in order to set the records straight and disabuse the minds of those that may otherwise be misled by your dubious and malicious misrepresentations. You may proceed with this merry go round intellectual mastur.bation since you seem to derive glorious pleasure from doing that. I am sure you would not lack the applause of your mentally ill devotee as you do so. I know you cannot afford to disappoint him, so keep wanking away your limited brain juices.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2010
pro01:

I had earlier questioned your ability to comprehend semantics, and now I feel somewhat vindicated. If I acknowledge the plight of the masses as a cognition of their hardships caused by corruption, and then offhandedly echo YOUR opinion about how corruption leads to their deaths, how is that tantamount to stating "very clearly" that I am "aware that corruption leads to the death of many people"? Are you truly soft-headed or do you merely pretend to be in order to achieve certain narrow ends? If you make the claims that corruption is worse than mass-murder because the former accounts for more deaths than the latter, it is certainly arguable but can never be a FACT in the same way in which a mass murderer has been proved to have deliberately and directly caused the loss of human life, Period. This is unarguable. These silly antics of yours do not make you appear intelligent in the estimation of the discerning, if that is your intendment, sorry.

Dimwit, what arrant rubbish!

Mr "I am a Genius", so you do not have enough analytic prowess to link corruption to mass' death as a fact?

If only you could get it in that your thick head that the Life Expectancy in Nigeria is 46. Since most are not dying of violent crimes (lets even ignore the fact that most violent crimes are due to robbery induced by poverty) or natural disasters, is this not mainly due to lack of basic facilities like healthcare systems etc, which is linked to corruption?

Will these people have been dying at 46 if corruption did not destroy the country?

Mr "Discerning", and when I call you a slowpoke, you will be pissed.

pro01:

You do appear to be violently idiotic to say the very least. I can forgive your challenges in comprehending semantics, but I will not forgive you for deliberately distorting my statement, extracting an inchoate sentence and misrepresenting its real context, just because of your rabid desire to ‘win’. For the avoidance of doubt, I will reproduce my so-called “admission” in full:

"Being that you are blessed with ‘Deep Sight’ I know that you must have seen the “(In Nigeria)” somewhere there, and in any case we are talking about a Nigerian politician charged with offences allegedly committed in Nigeria, so EXTANT Nigerian laws must apply. If corruption is punishable by death in Asia and the Far East, how does that “singularly floor my argument”? Would you as a lawyer be quoting Saudi Laws in front of a Judge of the Nigerian Federal High Court?"

Be that as it may, I actually support the death penalty for corruption in Nigeria (that is an entirely different argument though)

Why did you deliberately omit the bolded part in red font This is an incredibly lamentable act and exposes you as an intellectual fraud. If citing inchoate quotes and dubiously selecting inconclusive statements is the basis upon which you typically build premises for your arguments in court, then your entire law practice may amount to nothing more than perfidy cloaked in wig-and-gown. The argument WAS NOT whether a death penalty for corruption is desirable in Nigeria! The argument, my contention in fact, was that EXTANT Nigerian laws do not provide for the death penalty in Nigeria - and this is what would apply in current cases of corruption IN Nigeria; it therefore borders on "tomfoolery" for you to introduce foreign laws in a matter that will be decided by local laws. The fact that I would personally support the death penalty for corruption in Nigeria (as part of my call for more holistic and revolutionary ways of fighting the menace) is absolutely inconsequential and extraneous to the present argument, and as such should NOT provide a basis to feed your desperate need to prove your doubtful intelligence.

I deemed this intervention to be highly necessary in order to set the records straight and disabuse the minds of those that may otherwise be misled by your dubious and malicious misrepresentations. You may proceed with this merry go round intellectual mastur.bation since you seem to derive glorious pleasure from doing that. I am sure you would not lack the applause of your mentally ill devotee as you do so. I know you cannot afford to disappoint him, so keep wanking away your limited brain juices.

What a fooooool!

Your previous argument in defence of Ibori was that his corruption was not of the same gravity as murder, so you do not understand why the State is utilising full force to seek Ibori (even despite the fact that he was hiding behind a violent mob of supporters).

This assertion was destroyed by KO when a point you made by error due to your disarticulated reasoning, showed your philosophy about corruption actually calls for the same penalty as murderer, hence your philosophy is of the same gravity.

You still think you are a Genius?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by DeepSight(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2010
^^^ I am surprised he could not grasp that simple point.

1. He says corruption is not as serious as murder

2. He then says he actually supports the death sentence for corruption!

What a guy. Despite this, he asks why the "maximum force" since corruption is not that serious?

Unspeakable contradictions!

Abeg, i gat better things to do than discuss with this guy.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2010
sagamite,
you've to tone down on the expletives.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2010
^^^According to the slowpoke:

If a man kills another, then the full brigades of security can be unleashed on him.

But if a man is corrupt and hides behind a sanguinary mob of weapon-carrying ediots that threatened to attack a small team of police men, it does not warrant the unleashing of the full brigades of security.

Genius of a mental institution!

I bet he will be complaining about Jamaica unleashing the full brigades of security on a "mere" drug dealer.  grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:36am On May 26, 2010
George_D:

sagamite,
you've to tone down on the expletives.

We are exchanging it!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:59am On May 26, 2010
sagamite,
two wrongs don't make a right-like we all know.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by PaulBerry: 12:59pm On May 26, 2010
If 'money laundering' is now such a heinous crime (or in fact, accustation), then: Why hasn't Erastus Akingbola been arrested in London where he is hiding? Why hasn't Peter Odili been hounded with the armed forces? What of the Haliburton crooks? What of OBJ, Andy Uba, IBB, etc. etc. etc. Indeed, El-Rufai and Ribadu were declared wanted by EFCC and Code of Conduct Bureau for almost three years on allegations of corruption. Pray: Why did our useless government not unleash the Interpol on them while they hid in the US and UK as fugitives. In Ibori's case now they are using NATO, INTERPOL, CIA, KGB, MOSSAD, &M16 to track him down dead or alive

Ibori, as far as i am concern is the best Governor Delta State has ever had. If cares is not taken will remain the best we will ever have in Delta State.
The craze about Ibori's arrest is as a result of personal, malicious hatred in the person of our ex-governor. No sincere Nigerian will tell me that he is hundred percent perfect. My own is that if you want to eat, eat and remember the people you are ruling, Ibori has eaten and has left so much for all of us, you see when people find a way of stealing from you and they couldn't they will be your worst enemies. in terms of development in our states Ibori will fall into the top five governors, some governors did not even do anything tangible in their state and our confuse EFCC is not chasing them. EFCC, why have you made Ibori your worst Nightmare?

You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rhymz(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sagamite seriously, I am appalled by your unrestrained flow of expletives do they realy convey any points at all?
I understand what pro01 is trying to say, it is obvious to any politically discerning Nigeiran that Ibori's travails have nothing to do with any serious effort and fight against corruption. While I am of the opinion that he should spend the rest of his 4cking life doing time in prison, I dont think there has been any genuine effort by the FG through its toothless and spineless force and anti-corruption agencies to make the man pay for the financial crimes he actually commited. Instead, the whole saga has been a confusing mix of witch-haunt, deliberate efforts to thwart his prosecution, a volte face attempt to embarrass, intimidate and malign him without any sincererity of purpose. If actually they are interested in prosecuting him theb let it be done to the full extent of the law without being overly obsessed like he is the worse criminal that deserves the most hounding and witch hunt. I mean from the goings-on, the special intrest in thid man is turning him into a victim rather than a criminal and that informs pro01's outburst, why change the rules when it is Ibori, whatever that is applicable to his crime should be meted out without uneccessarily carrying out any personal vendetta. Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by OAM4J: 12:22am On Mar 20, 2011
I remember this thread! grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by KA24DETT(m): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
And people still wonder why nigeria is not developing, When the masses think its okay for the governor to still half their money and work with half, with the reasoning that "At least he worked". Its like an armed robber stealing ur car and giving u money to take public transit home and u saying "At least he was wise enough not to leave me stranded".

@Sagamite, U cant blame this guys cus they have not seen anything better, they dont know how civilized society function, what it means by a government to be accountable to the massses. Building roads that barely last till the end of their tenure and buying okada for the masses that they cant provide jobs for is sign of good governance to these guys

I MADE UP MY MIND THAT NIGERIANS DESERVE THE LEADERS THEY GET.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari's "Next Week" Ministerial List In Picture(s) / Ekiti Councillors Stage Solidarity Rally For Fayose (Photos) / El-rufai Orders Civil Servants Back To Work On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.