Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! (13519 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2010
pro01:

your reckless use of words is baffling! You must be an incurable i.m.becile that is incabable of comprehension. Can you read? I doubt that. If you could, you'd have identified the exceedingly OBJECTIVE points i raised. . .which weren't about defending anybody. It's people like you that give Nigerian graduates a bad name. You cant read, you cant analyse, you can't comprehend, yet you'd claim to be educated. Maybe its a deeper problem. Maybe imbecility and crass tomfoolery runs in your genes. While I cannot pity your forebears, I certainly pity your (future) offspring. Cretin.

You are an utter slowpoke!

This is not defending, you cretin? Why are you pissed and complaining they are doing everything possible to bring him to justice, dimwit? Which College of Education did you attend in Jigawa?

pro01:

I'm repulsed by the unwieldy deployment of maximum state force to effect Ibori's arrest! What for? Did he commit mass murder or terrorism? If 'money laundering' is now such a heinous crime, then: Why hasn't Erastus Akingbola been arrested in London where he is hiding? Why hasn't Peter Odili been arrested? What of the Haliburton crooks? What of OBJ, Andy Uba, IBB, etc. etc. etc. Indeed, El-Rufai and Ribadu were declared wanted by EFCC and Code of Conduct Bureau for almost three years on allegations of corruption. Pray: Why did our useless government not unleash the Interpol on them while they hid in the US and UK as fugitives. In Ibori's case now they are using NATO, INTERPOL, CIA, KGB, MOSSAD, &M16 to track him down dead or alive. Why the double-standards

I can smell a whiff of personal vendatta in Ibori's case. The whole brouhaha and maximum force applied in persecuting him alone does not make sense to me at all. Why kill an ant with a sledge-hammer? He is not the biggest thief in Nigeria. What is sauce for the goose should also be sauce for the gander. I refuse to join the shallow chorus of the bland and gullible masses in 'rejoicing' that Nigeria's 'Arch-Enemy' has been defeated. Lets do away with this ridiculous, uncoordinated and jaundiced pattern of fighting corruption.

Bloody Foooooool!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by koolboi(m): 7:33pm On May 13, 2010
i go with the poster
why should someone like IBB still be walking free when he has inflicted hardship on over a million ppl and alsoo generations to come
what has ibori done compared to IBB
slective justice is injustice
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On May 13, 2010
koolboi:

i go with the poster
why should someone like IBB still be walking free when he has inflicted hardship on over a million ppl and alsoo generations to come
what has ibori done compared to IBB
slective justice is injustice

So you are saying unless the biggest thief is caught, no thief should be prosecuted? Or prosecuting any thief before the biggest is injustice?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

You are an utter slowpoke!

This is not defending, you cretin? Why are you pissed and complaining they are doing everything possible to bring him to justice, dimwit? Which College of Education did you attend in Jigawa?

Bloody Foooooool!

I obviously imbibed more from studying at the 'Jigawa College of Education' than you did at your fictitious Toronto Unifasiti. Your severely handicapped vocabulary provides sufficient proof. "slowpoke" & "Foool"must be going out of fashion, lol. Have a field day with those. Again, I pity your offspring who would have the misfortune of inheriting those accursed genes. Scatterbrain.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by koolboi(m): 7:51pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

So you are saying unless the biggest thief is caught, no thief should be prosecuted? Or prosecuting any thief before the biggest is injustice?

THE BUHAHA ON IBORI IS UNCALLED FOR COMPARED TO GANERING THE ENERGY TO D RIGHT CHANELL. THATS WHAT IM SAYING
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rethink: 8:18pm On May 13, 2010
@Sagamite

Notice
That we have not moved into tribal politicking on this thread. I believe Nigerians dont like Corruption even though it their father doing it.

Now see again the use of the word SELECTIVE

The EFCC conveniently chose to 'overlook' this order even though it upholds that of Odili. Big question is WHY Why the selective justice? Why the double standards? In the peculiar case of Ibori, why the haste? Why the desperation? Why the unnecessary use of maximum combined federal forces & international instruments to hound this man? Critical thinkers would easily see that there is more to this bizarre drama than meets the eye. This whole thing is a throw back to the Obasanjo years when the dictator used the EFCC (sometimes in cohort with UK Met police) to hound, intimidate, and selectively persecute political enemies - all in the name of fighting corruption

So it is Obj now controlling GJ to pursue Ibori?

And to that fake intel officer that is yaping about IBB, You must be Joking. Ibb got know that there was a coup? rubbish. So when soldiers where moved to the airport where was Ibb then. Ibb has rumour machinery that wants to make him look good. I know he has his machinery but they are no where organised.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by bkbabe97: 8:55pm On May 13, 2010
koolboi:

THE BUHAHA ON IBORI IS UNCALLED FOR COMPARED TO GANERING THE ENERGY TO D RIGHT CHANELL. THATS WHAT IM SAYING

Lol. You are a dummy and it shows in what u wrote above!!! If the Ibori dude had left some money behind instead of stealing it all, and that money had been spent on improving the standard of education which u ended up having, trust me, your writing would have been better than the incomprehensible gibberish which u spilled above!!!!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by IbroYaya: 9:40pm On May 13, 2010
Ibori is Corrupt period! All this comparison with other people will not change the fact that he is a criminal.
The fight for corruption has to start from somewhere. You cant just arrest somebody if dont have enough evidence. All those noise about IBB corruption (which is true) has no legal backing, so you cant just arrest him. But this Man Ibori, even if EFCC hands off from his case, Metropolitan police will be waiting for him. Please let us not use sentiments to defend corruption.

I really pity James bond. Before he sees naija again e go tei, unless he transforms as Alams, because jail awaits him in UK.
Bail for Dubai is not the same as bail in Nigeria oh! Even[b] Oghara boys[/b] no fit rescue am.
I only pray they don't find him guilty in UK.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On May 13, 2010
pro01:

I obviously imbibed more from studying at the 'Jigawa College of Education' than you did at your fictitious Toronto Unifasiti. Your severely handicapped vocabulary provides sufficient proof. "slowpoke" & "Foool"must be going out of fashion, lol. Have a field day with those. Again, I pity your offspring who would have the misfortune of inheriting those accursed genes. Scatterbrain.

Ediot, I will never get tired of using foool and slowpoke for dimwits like you.

You could not defend what I put there? Pathetic sod! And he would wonder why he fails in life.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2010
koolboi:

What is buhaha? What did you think they should not be doing that they are doing? And what do you think they should have done?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:37pm On May 13, 2010
Ibro Yaya:

Ibori is Corrupt period! All this comparison with other people will not change the fact that he is a criminal.

GBAM!

These retards will even say they should not try an armed robber because he has not killed as much as another one. They should first go and catch another one before trying him.

Utter foools! No fish oils in their diet.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by shotster50(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2010
I dont really understand why this would be an issue. Is he guilty of what he has been accused? Yes. Case closed!.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Osama10(m): 11:29pm On May 13, 2010
Whatever force he should face the law.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 12:08am On May 14, 2010
Too many shallow brains. Wonder which court found him 'guilty'. Maybe its your local beer-parlour/peppersoup court. Would no longer waste time arguing with subjective and uncritical characters, lest wiser men associate me with those misfortunates.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On May 14, 2010
pro01:

Too many shallow brains. Wonder which court found him 'guilty'. Maybe its your local beer-parlour/peppersoup court. Would no longer waste time arguing with subjective and uncritical characters, lest wiser men associate me with those misfortunates.

Bloody retard!

So why is he running from London and Nigeria? Why is he not getting his lawyers in both countries and facing the charges? Fooool!

slowpoke opens a thread that says "In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For!" and then argues that he is not defending anybody. And he has the audacity of talking about shallow brains. Alakori!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by pikadily(m): 1:18am On May 14, 2010
Ibori is a politician.For some one to come out and invest 100's of millions to contest for a governor what do you expect? To sit and wait for his Salary?Personally i see nothing wrong with Ibori,infact i love the man so much i cant stand to see people talk this way.If Ibori is guilty who is the Innocent?? OBJ or Atiku? or Madam Good luck? Even the EFCC is itself is corrupt? Ask Nwude about the proceeds of his seized Assets.
@sagamite, imagine your self in Iboris shoes as a governor of your state,honestly will you depend on your salary alone? Honest answer if you may.
Id rather blame the system than an individual period angry
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 1:39am On May 14, 2010
pikadily:

Ibori is a politician.For some one to come out and invest 100's of millions to contest for a governor what do you expect? To sit and wait for his Salary?Personally i see nothing wrong with Ibori,infact i love the man so much i cant stand to see people talk this way.If Ibori is guilty who is the Innocent?? OBJ or Atiku? or Madam Good luck? Even the EFCC is itself is corrupt? Ask Nwude about the proceeds of his seized Assets.
@sagamite, imagine your self in Iboris shoes as a governor of your state,honestly will you depend on your salary alone? Honest answer if you may.

You are an utter slowpoke for asking that question.

You think like you and Ibori I have no confidence in my brain and capabilities to make enough money honestly?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by bawomolo(m): 1:47am On May 14, 2010
pikadily:

nobody forced him to "invest" (public service is obviously now an investment) in the race for governor.

this section is horrible to read now.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Ourturn(m): 1:47am On May 14, 2010
In as much as I wanted to give it to every man as he deserves, for unprovoked insults, I have been asked to go under ground. Meanwhile, is there any crime in telling people the latest in an event? Does it make me a partaker? If I was one, I will just lie low and enjoy the loot. Whatever anyone says here, will not change my new found status. It is myopic thinkers, that will ever create such insinuations. Let many posters here grow up, please!.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 1:51am On May 14, 2010
bawomolo:

nobody forced him to "invest" (public service is obviously now an investment) in the race for governor.

this section is horrible to read now.

It is not horrible to read, mate. Don't worry. Fools like these will not get far in life, we will keep them out of public roles in future.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by bawomolo(m): 1:53am On May 14, 2010
Sagamite:

It is not horrible to read, mate. Don't worry. Fools like these will not get far in life, we will keep them out of public roles in future.

abi o.

let me use style invest in surulere local government election grin
slow and steady wins the race, guys like ibori, fani-kayode etc should be dealt with.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 1:59am On May 14, 2010
bawomolo:

abi o.

let me use style invest in surulere local government election grin
slow and steady wins the race, guys like ibori, fani-kayode etc should be dealt with.

Including those with similar mentality as the retards that support them or excuse their act on NL.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by selingel: 2:05am On May 14, 2010
Check this thread and similar ones, anyone that calls anybody daft or retarded, is actually referring to himself. Some of their posts are actually uncalled for. Read them word for word, and you will get the message. This is not all about Ibori's status, which is no longer news, but even the points raised to support it. I am baffled at some posts here. May GOD deliver us.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by mbulela: 2:17am On May 14, 2010
read through the entire thread hoping to see a semblance of intelligent argument telling us or even proving that Ibori is innocent of the massive theft and fraud charges that stand before him here and in the UK.
Instead, all i read are same old tired arguments about not catching the biggest thief, so all other smaller thieves should be let to roam around free until further notice.
Do you guys/gals have no shame?
Even among thieves their is some honour.So i thought.
Since we can't catch the biggest thief (we can't even decide who the biggest thief is in the first place), let us disband EFCC,ICPC, The judiciary and even the police.
96billion naira has just been declared missing in the Agriculture ministry, let us hold a thanksgiving service for those in charge and ask them to continue enjoying the loot until we sort out bigger thieves.
Defendants of Chief Ibori, kindly apply your higher intelligence and tell us lesser mortals, how much force will be proportional to his level of looting.We await your advice.Until then Ibori et al, carry go.Nothing do you.
Nigeria and Nigerians, i just tire for una.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by mbulela: 2:21am On May 14, 2010
I read the IBB post and i almost laughed my head off.
I have said it repeatedly, after the actions of Yar Adua cabal, the reign of rumours,lies and deceit in this country have become a tool of governance and might lead to the downfall of this country.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 9:02am On May 14, 2010
the knowledge in display here represents the real situation in our society today and that accounts for why nothing is moving forward in a country based on deciets.
what did hilary clinton tell the federal govt when she visited? no one is interested.
what did cnn say on their documentary on niger delta? no one is interested.
what is stopping nigeria from having a stead power supply even with all wealths? no one is interested.
what other things are the federal govt doing well apart from the chase for ibori? no one is interested.
african china made a song to show us how these politicians are behaving and he said, poor man wey steal maggi they go show am for crime fighters while these politicians that steal big funds ,
how much did ibori steal compared to what tony annenih stole and is now the chairman of nigerian ports authorities(npa)
how much did ibori steal compared to the amount obj gave out for power supply? why is the power probe committe not making much noise on their findings and why is nobody interested in the finidings of that committee?
why all of a sudden ibori is now the problem of nigeria?
the major problem of nairaland and nairalanders is lack of information. many here will wait to see where others are going and they will follow suit. ask them a question and they will result to insults because they have nothing to offer.
odili has been arround and nothing is happening. out of 36 govs+ only ibori is taking all these attention so what about the other 35+? this is a shame?
if this war is of genuine reasons, ibori will be arrested by an ordinary dpo. we will not laugh if at the end of the day, this pdp criminals tell us how much that has been spent on the chase for ibori.
on this same forum, we all discussed in the same manner, the cases of orji uzor kalu's mother, orji uzor kalu, atiku, iyabo obasanjo, mrs. etteh and a whole lot of them. where are they today? and what happened to them? the answer is nothing.
if nigeria is looking for who to fight in the war against corruption, the harlibuton scandal is there, power probe is there, police funds, roads reconstruction cases are there, we have the ibbs, obasanjos and a whole lot of other federal criminals.
if i were ibori, going to dubai will not in my agenda. i will be in my area to fight back. after all, atiku did not travel, orji uzor kalu did not travel and his mother did not travel. they all stood their grounds and see off these intruders.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by mbulela: 10:18am On May 14, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
I do not have the right words for you.
I leave you in the hands of Sagamite.
May he do justice to you.
To believe i spend a 80 seconds of my life reading through that post.
80 seconds that are gone for ever.
What a waste.

So according to your line of argumet, until all the people you mentioned are caught we should leave Ibori alone?
kai na wa!!!!!!!!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:26am On May 14, 2010
chidichris:

the knowledge in display here represents the real situation in our society today and that accounts for why nothing is moving forward in a country based on deciets.
what did hilary clinton tell the federal govt when she visited? no one is interested.
what did cnn say on their documentary on niger delta? no one is interested.
what is stopping nigeria from having a stead power supply even with all wealths? no one is interested.
what other things are the federal govt doing well apart from the chase for ibori? no one is interested.
african china made a song to show us how these politicians are behaving and he said, poor man wey steal maggi they go show am for crime fighters while these politicians that steal big funds ,
how much did ibori steal compared to what tony annenih stole and is now the chairman of nigerian ports authorities(npa)
how much did ibori steal compared to the amount obj gave out for power supply? why is the power probe committe not making much noise on their findings and why is nobody interested in the finidings of that committee?
why all of a sudden ibori is now the problem of nigeria?
the major problem of nairaland and nairalanders is lack of information. many here will wait to see where others are going and they will follow suit. ask them a question and they will result to insults because they have nothing to offer.
odili has been arround and nothing is happening. out of 36 govs+ only ibori is taking all these attention so what about the other 35+? this is a shame?
if this war is of genuine reasons, ibori will be arrested by an ordinary dpo. we will not laugh if at the end of the day, this pdp criminals tell us how much that has been spent on the chase for ibori.
on this same forum, we all discussed in the same manner, the cases of orji uzor kalu's mother, orji uzor kalu, atiku, iyabo obasanjo, mrs. etteh and a whole lot of them. where are they today? and what happened to them? the answer is nothing.
if nigeria is looking for who to fight in the war against corruption, the harlibuton scandal is there, power probe is there, police funds, roads reconstruction cases are there, we have the ibbs, obasanjos and a whole lot of other federal criminals.
if i were ibori, going to dubai will not in my agenda. i will be in my area to fight back. after all, atiku did not travel, orji uzor kalu did not travel and his mother did not travel. they all stood their grounds and see off these intruders.

I would oblige.

Known retard!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by desgiezd(m): 10:35am On May 14, 2010
It is very clear that some people here are on Ibori's payrol and are willing to lay down their lives in his defense.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:57am On May 14, 2010
desgiezd:

It is very clear that some people here are on Ibori's payrol and are willing to lay down their lives in his defense.

Just bloody retards.

It breaks my heart everytime I think of why the police did not shoot the youths that were protecting him in Oghara. Shebi they said they want to die for Ibori, then the government has a responsibility to grant citizens their wishes.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 11:10am On May 14, 2010
mbulela:

read through the entire thread hoping to see a semblance of intelligent argument telling us or even proving that Ibori is innocent of the massive theft and fraud charges that stand before him here and in the UK.[/b]Instead, all i read are [b]same old tired arguments about not catching the biggest thief, so all other smaller thieves should be let to roam around free until further notice.

Since we can't catch the biggest thief (we can't even decide who the biggest thief is in the first place), let us disband EFCC,ICPC, The judiciary and even the police.
Defendants of Chief Ibori, kindly apply your higher intelligence and tell us lesser mortals, how much force will be proportional to his level of looting.We await your advice.

Unfortunately, you did not read "through the entire thread" with a sufficient degree of concentration.

It is not my business to prove whether Mr. Ibori is innocent or guilty; neither is it the responsibility of the self-righteous mob to declare him guilty in the court of public opinion. ONLY the law court(s) can decide that. As of today, NO court has found the man guilty of money laundering. If you remember, he one the case instituted by the EFCC in that regard, and the latter has since appealed the decision. The new charge preferred against him by the EFCC is that he fraudulently sold off Oceanic Bank Shares (valued at about N44b) and converted the proceeds to personal use. He thereafter obtained a court injunction restraining the EFCC from arresting him for this new accusation pending the determination of the substantive suit; the EFCC however chose[/i] to disregard that court injunction (although the same EFCC [i]chose[/b] to obey a similar one obtained by Mr. Peter Odili, [b]why?) As an enlightened and educated citizen of the world, I know that as at now, this is merely an accusation, NOT a conviction. And it is taken for granted in international jurisprudence that an accused person stands innocent until proven guilty. Every block-head out there knows this fact!

My argument is not that Ibori should be left alone until the bigger thieves are caught! I find that inference to be very shallow and indicative of poor reasoning! My argument is that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Ibori was arrested on the strength of a petition filed by some group. Every other "thief" like Ibori has mountains of petitions dangling over their heads. Question therefore is: why act so venomously on anti-Ibori petitions and turn a blind eye to those petitions against the Odili's, Andy Uba's and OBJ's of this world? Key word is (deliberate) SELECTIVITY. I cannot stand that. Consider this scenario: If four thieves undertake an operation and, thereafter, two manage to escape (due to luck or smartness) while one is caught, then by all means the one that is caught ought to be dealt with and made a scapegoat. But if on the other hand all four thieves are caught/identified, but due to some prejudice, the ‘catcher’ turns a blind eye to the other three, WILLFULLY lets them off the hook, and then descends on only one, then that is selectivity; double-standard - which is unconscionable and unacceptable. That is the situation in Ibori’s case!!!

Thirdly, about the extent of force that is proportional to the alleged “level of looting”. This has to be determined by the extant laws of the land. Violent crimes and capital offences require and necessitate the use of coercive/maximum force. That is why police all over the world employ full weaponry to tackle armed robbers, hijackers, drug gangs, terrorists, etc. In Nigeria as in much of Europe and America, ‘money laundering’ is not considered a violent crime or capital offence; it is in fact bailable. This is why it is confounding that the Nigerian government would send an entire combo of air, land and sea forces. . . complemented by the police, SSS, EFCC and special forces to go and arrest, dead or alive, a man that has been accused of money laundering. That is ridiculous especially if you consider that there are others like him at large, for whom the government has not even deployed the Boys Scout. It is unnecessary and suggestive of a deeper agenda! What should have been done (as with all the other “thieves" too) is that the regular police/EFCC operatives should have been deployed to arrest him; if he resisted arrest and escaped to God knows where, then they should prosecute him in absentia (in addition to new charges of evading arrest). IF and when he is found guilty, ONLY THEN can the EFCC petition the Interpol to help facilitate his arrest to serve out his jail term; then he’d be a convict escaping from justice, not a merely “accused” person that he is now. This whole brouhaha of dramatisation and selectivity just shows how barbaric and backwards we are in this part of the world. There is no system, or instituted process for getting things done - always haphazard, subjective ways of doing things. Too bad.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 11:43am On May 14, 2010
^^^^Rubbish.

Why are you quick to jump to complain when Ibori was caught? Why not praise the government for at least catching ONE for now? How long has Jonathan been in power that you are sure there are not more arrest to come? Or you think you just arrest people based on rumour? You could not think for a second that the administration are not build a case against more people before arresting them? Was Ogbulafor not arrested? So why is it when Ibori was arrested you finally found your principles to protest?

pro01:

Thirdly, about the extent of force that is proportional to the alleged “level of looting”. This has to be determined by the extant laws of the land. Violent crimes and capital offences require and necessitate the use of coercive/maximum force. That is why police all over the world employ full weaponry to tackle armed robbers, hijackers, drug gangs, terrorists, etc. In Nigeria as in much of Europe and America, ‘money laundering’ is not considered a violent crime or capital offence; it is in fact bailable. This is why it is confounding that the Nigerian government would send an entire combo of air, land and sea forces. . . complemented by the police, SSS, EFCC and special forces to go and arrest, dead or alive, a man that has been accused of money laundering. That is ridiculous especially if you consider that there are others like him at large, for whom the government has not even deployed the Boys Scout. It is unnecessary and suggestive of a deeper agenda! What should have been done (as with all the other “thieves" too) is that the regular police/EFCC operatives should have been deployed to arrest him; if he resisted arrest and escaped to God knows where, then they should prosecute him in absentia (in addition to new charges of evading arrest). IF and when he is found guilty, ONLY THEN can the EFCC petition the Interpol to help facilitate his arrest to serve out his jail term; then he’d be a convict escaping from justice, not a merely “accused” person that he is now. This whole brouhaha of dramatisation and selectivity just shows how barbaric and backwards we are in this part of the world. There is no system, or instituted process for getting things done - always haphazard, subjective ways of doing things. Too bad.

What utter dog poo rubbish.

So the fact that all attempts to catch Ibori is offending you? Oh my God!  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PHCN Strike: Is There Light In Your Area? / Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking / Buhari Won't Be Petroleum Minister Says Adesina--TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.