Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! (13512 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 1:56pm On May 19, 2010
Believe me, he is about 50m times smarter than you. Go and read his historical posts.

He is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY smarter than you like most of the other people you are calling dunces here.

If he starts with you, I am pretty sure (and I will put money down on it) that he will smack you, intellectually, silly. I have seen him in action before.

@sagamite,
what makes u think the death of ibori will bring solution to the nigerian problems?
apart from ibori, who else do u think is corrupt in nigeria
what are those things ppl will do and u call them smart?
every nigerian is a criminal and in our own words, we call that smart.
it is very unfortunate that most crimes in nigeria are committed using english language.
do u think a corrupt aso rock will bring sanity to nigeria?
do u know any politician in nigeria that is not corrupt?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by OAM4J: 3:01pm On May 19, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,
what makes u think the death of ibori will bring solution to the nigerian problems?

Nobody says the death of Ibori is the solution to Nigeria problem. But does that mean Ibori should be left alone?

chidichris:

apart from ibori, who else do u think is corrupt in nigeria

of course there are many corrupt Nigerians nobody on this thread had claimed Ibori is the only corrupt Nigerian

chidichris:

every nigerian is a criminal and in our own words, we call that smart.
it is very unfortunate that most crimes in nigeria are committed using english language.

I agree there are many corrupt Nigerians, but I have a problem with your claim of every Nigerian being corrupt.

Have you studied the life of every Nigerian to arrive at that conclusion. Intellectuals/wise people dont generalise like that.

You have no fact to support that claim. If only you know my father and many other honest Nigerians I know, you will not make that claim.

chidichris:

do u think a corrupt aso rock will bring sanity to nigeria?
do u know any politician in nigeria that is not corrupt?

May be aso rock will not bring sanity to Nigeria, may be their corruption fight claim is just a propaganda, may be all the politicians are corrupt

But how does the truth of the above justifies defending Ibori?

what exactly is your point? because you think everyone is a crook/guilty and the justices system is insincere/partial/selective

therefore Ibori and all the criminals caught should be left alone?  You see why we think there is a problem with your reasoning.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 3:24pm On May 19, 2010
oam, abeg tell them make dem hear!  grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Cleaner: 4:29pm On May 19, 2010
We are not there yet. Nigeria is STILL growing. OBJ arrested some, Let this government put Ibori and others in jail, Future govts will also arrest others.
Justice may be selective in Nigeria but note that those arrested are not innocent. Ibori was a BIG .T, , his team murdered alot of "GOOD MEN"in Delta State during the ealier elections. He is not the worst in the Country but LET HIM GO DOWN. IT IS HIS TURN TO GO DOWN.
For the others OBJ, IBB, ODILI and other past leaders in government (including Federal/state/local level officials, NNPC officials, police, Bank executives, etc) their TURN WILL SURELY COME.
NEVER STAND ON THE SIDE OF EVIL ELSE IT WILL CONSUME YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY.
MEN OF GOODWILL SHALL RISE IN THIS COUNTRY. MEN WHO KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF THE WORD HONOUR.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA as I look forward to the seizure of all Ibori's assets, arrest of his team members and killers as a sign to all future LOOTERS while also praying that the BIG HAND OF THE LAW will touch the others except THEY CHANGE THEIR OLD WAYS. LET US AS A PEOPLE DRIVE THE LOOTERS FROM GOVERNMENT IN THE 2010 ELECTION.
AS LONG AS WE INDIVIDUALLY LIVE ABOVE BOARD AND NEVER NEVER GIVE RESPECT TO LOOTERS WE SHALL OVERCOME.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2010
OAM4J:

Nobody says the death of Ibori is the solution to Nigeria problem. But does that mean Ibori should be left alone?

I bet when I told you that the guy chats in a mentally unstable fashion like Becomerich, you thought I was joking or insulting him.  grin grin grin grin grin

What is the point in debating with someone that will just concoct anything in a debate.  undecided

And if you ask him to show where I said Ibori must/should die, he will brush it aside without any shame. No real pride in his integrity or intelligence. undecided

And if you continue debating with him, not far down the line, he will throw another silly accusation that if you question on the validity, he will brush it aside without shame. And this will be the circle.

I know him.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by afemai: 7:21pm On May 19, 2010
I disagree with the topic though but agree that going after Ibori now is political
and not a genuine anti corruption drive. This is how its done in our clime and its unfortunate,
when the political table turnsround it might be any other person's turn. We are waiting!!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 7:48am On May 20, 2010
afemai:

I disagree with the topic though but agree that going after Ibori now is political
and not a genuine anti corruption drive. This is how its done in our clime and its unfortunate,
when the political table turnsround it might be any other person's turn. We are waiting!!

The question is ,Ibori thief abi e no thief
Anyways,y'all can yadder yadder all you like,read my lips;IBORI IS GOING DOWN
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 7:50am On May 20, 2010
Cleaner:

We are not there yet. Nigeria is STILL growing. OBJ arrested some, Let this government put Ibori and others in jail, Future govts will also arrest others.
Justice may be selective in Nigeria but note that those arrested are not innocent. Ibori was a BIG .T, , his team murdered alot of "GOOD MEN"in Delta State during the ealier elections. He is not the worst in the Country but LET HIM GO DOWN. IT IS HIS TURN TO GO DOWN
For the others OBJ, IBB, ODILI and other past leaders in government (including Federal/state/local level officials, NNPC officials, police, Bank executives, etc) their TURN WILL SURELY COME.
NEVER STAND ON THE SIDE OF EVIL ELSE IT WILL CONSUME YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY.
MEN OF GOODWILL SHALL RISE IN THIS COUNTRY. MEN WHO KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF THE WORD HONOUR.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA as I look forward to the seizure of all Ibori's assets, arrest of his team members and killers as a sign to all future LOOTERS while also praying that the BIG HAND OF THE LAW will touch the others except THEY CHANGE THEIR OLD WAYS. LET US AS A PEOPLE DRIVE THE LOOTERS FROM GOVERNMENT IN THE 2010 ELECTION.
AS LONG AS WE INDIVIDUALLY LIVE ABOVE BOARD AND NEVER NEVER GIVE RESPECT TO LOOTERS WE SHALL OVERCOME.

You just spoke my mind there,God bless you reallllllll gooooood wink wink wink
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 8:05am On May 20, 2010
Why is the extradition thingyof that low life,common thief called James Ibori,he should be in the UK standin trial already
Besides his whores are missing him
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2010
his wores? how many of them do you know? grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by monkeyleg: 11:06am On May 20, 2010
@Rasputin,

I have asked this same question to all those who support Ibori, and I ask again, can anyone honestly say that Ibori did not DEFRAUD Delta state? and some would suggest kill people too. Now if that is the case, how can there be any defence for this man, even when some think what is happening is selective justice.

Did he do bad in Delta state? and the simple answer is Yes.

For those who do not understand the full garvity and magnitude of Ibori's actions, please speak to people who were directly affected. I know several souls that were lost because Ibori did not provide for the hospitals in that state. People who died because they could not afford basic healthcare, and I am afraid that Ibori, in my opinion has BLOOD on is his hands, and his position is in-defensible. Let him suffer and ROT in HELL where he deserve to GO
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 12:53pm On May 20, 2010
^^^You really do not understand.

Some are not saying he did not steal.

What they are saying is that although he stole to stupor, he still performed a bit, so that is good enough. And governors that steal and perform should not be charged as it is not a good thing for Nigeria.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by monkeyleg: 1:43pm On May 20, 2010
@Sagamite,

I do understand, and that warpped idea, that once a governor has tarred a few roads, and openned few boreholes, then entitles him to the cheap status of perfomed, and is then full qualified and justified to steal and marry as many wives as he or she likes, is so very primitive, but I am afraind still remains very much a Nigerian thing.

I have had countless arguments with people on here, about that very word "Performed", for us Nigerians it has definitely taken a new meaning. So for those who feel that Ibori is unjustly persecuted, because he is not the only Thief in the clan, I say to them "TOUGH".
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2010
Sagamite:

^^^You really do not understand.

Some are not saying he did not steal.

What they are saying is that although he stole to stupor, he still performed a bit, so that is good enough. And governors that steal and perform should not be charged as it is not a good thing for Nigeria. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Performed what angry angry,Ibori was a curse on Delta state,now that Deltans are sending the curse back to sender,he must be punished for all his stealing,he did not develop any part of Delta state,save Oghara,Oghara is not the same as Delta State,that man should be whisked to the UK for trial and jailing before story go enter abeg
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 10:58pm On May 20, 2010
rasputinn:

Performed what angry angry,Ibori was a curse on Delta state,now that Deltans are sending the curse back to sender,he must be punished for all his stealing,he did not develop any part of Delta state,save Oghara,Oghara is not the same as Delta State,that man should be whisked to the UK for trial and jailing before story go enter abeg

Abegiiii, wetin be your problem.  grin

They said he developed Oghara, I guess by painting with black and white stripes sidewalks of probably about 30 streets and then putting street lights on them and fixing the pot holes. Maybe build a few new markets which the paints will shine brightly for about 7 years and then turn into a ghetto as the poor planning/maintenance reality hits.

Is that not enough performance for the WHOLE of Delta state?

A state that has an annual budget bigger than annual budget of the whole of Togo, Eritrea, Niger and Sierra Leone all added together.  grin

Abeg no dey raise your useless points against pro01's intellectual and analytical team of geniuses o.  grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 11:11pm On May 20, 2010
By the same moronic logic they postulate here, we should not investigate our paedophile Senator that married a 13 year old because "he is not the only one doing it, he is not the first and he is not the paedophile husband with the highest number of child brides in Nigeria".  grin

Investigating him is selective justice and persecution. We have to catch all those worse than him before dealing with him.

You can't beat that logic.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awon Geniuses! pro01!  grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 11:20pm On May 20, 2010
We are not there yet. Nigeria is STILL growing. OBJ arrested some,  Let this government put Ibori and others in jail,  Future govts will also arrest others.
Justice may be selective in Nigeria but note that those arrested are not innocent. Ibori was a BIG .T, , his team murdered alot of "GOOD MEN"in Delta State during the ealier elections. He is not the worst in the Country but LET HIM GO DOWN. IT IS HIS TURN TO GO DOWN.

@cleaner,
it is those of u shouting kill him, kill him today that will turn around tomorrow to sing his praises. all ibori needs to do now is to become loyal to obj and he will no longer be a criminal. i hope u know the story of atiku very well?
nobody has gone down and i bet u ibori will not go down.
they are only pushing him away to have their ways in the upcoming elections especially in delta state.
i am not supportiung ibori rather am against pdp and their criminalities.
there is no way a war against corruption in a country of over 150 million ppl will end up with one person in 2 or 3 years. if u have any slight knowledge of mathematics, u will know how many year it will take nigeria to catch 10 criminals.
this war has been on since the past 11 years, to what extent has this war changed the lives of a common man in nigeria? to what extent has this war helped to change the behaviours of our politicians towards public funds.
have u ever asked urself, how come a man who stole over N100b will go to jail for just 2 yrs? i and 90% of nigerians are ready to go for life in jail for N1b.
wise up brother, they are using ur brains.
in china, politicians are hanged on daily basis as soon as u are found guilty of corruption so why not in nigeria or even a life jail?

By the same moronic logic they postulate here, we should not investigate our paedophile Senator that married a 13 year old because "he is not the only one doing it, he is not the first and he is not the paedophile husband with the highest number of child brides in Nigeria". Grin

Investigating him is selective justice and persecution. We have to catch all those worse than him before dealing with him.

You can't beat that logic. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Awon Geniuses! pro01!

@sagamite,
what happens to the one that slept with his daughter inlaw? marriage to a 13 yr old girl is just a way of showing how dirty nigeria is and how dirty our so called rulers are and tomorrow, such a person will be the head of corruption fight org.
by the way, the man involved here is a law maker. someone we expect to direct the ways of other nigerians and u can imagine what he will advise u to do.
a blind man can never and will never lead a blind man.
we have total blind rulers who are vissionless and can never take us to the promise land.
ibori is a product of pdp cabal and his disagreement with them must not attract our sympathy.
atiku was once in ibori's shoes and stood his ground until they settled so if ibori will stand his ground, tomorrow they will settle.
where is orji uzor kalu?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 12:29am On May 21, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,
what happens to the one that slept with his daughter inlaw?

Do you ever engage your brain?

Seriously. Do you?

How is that a legal matter? Are you suggesting charges should be raised for that?

Or why are you asking me another moooooooooooooooooooooronic question?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Pweety4me(f): 12:39am On May 21, 2010
^Ahahaha ha! grin tongue
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2010
Do you ever engage your brain?

Seriously. Do you?

How is that a legal matter? Are you suggesting charges should be raised for that?

Or why are you asking me another moooooooooooooooooooooronic question?

@sagamite,
i don't blame u and most uninformed ppl on this thread because no one sees beyond his horizons.
palin, the vp candidate in the american presidential elections had problems because of the life style of her daughter who was old enough to bear her cross.
charity begins at home and leaders are supposed to be men with unquestionable characters and those who live above boards. i may be sounding greeks to u because u are uninformed to this level.
a rapist as the president of nigeria. a drug addict as the president of nigeria, a killer as the president of nigeria. oh, do u know what is called moral justifications? i know u don't.
u must have a sound moral life to be a leader and that is the only way a leader will be able to differentiate the bad from the good.
those who live in glass houses do not throw stone.
look at nigeria, men of with little or no moral values in charge of others, what do u expect? exactly what we have today. everybody is thriving in criminalities.
indirectly, crime of different forms and classes have become a way of life.
look at our law makers getting married to a child of 13 yrs, i know to u that is not a crime not minding the meaning of child abuse. at the end of the day, what is the value of this country and her occupants.
a whole ship got lost without trace in nigeria and u are hear preaching shits. an attorney general assasinted without trace and u fight corruption.
we are total jokes and habitual criminals hence what ibori did is typical nigerian and that is just it.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by DeepSight(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2010
pro01:

I see you're a certified member of the incorrigible 'confederacy of dunces'. Throwing words about in a disjointed, inelegant, and out of context manner does not excuse your paucity of intellect. You have the democratic right either agree or disagree with my well considered views, but embarking on needless name-calling is symptomatic of a deeper mental disease - for which I'll strongly advice you seek treatment.

I am not certain that you are at grips with the term "name-calling."

For this is what I posted -

Deep Sight:

@ Pro01 -

You are severely, tragically, regrettably, horrifyingly, astonishingly, appallingly misguided.

Six qualifiers describing the extent to which i believe you are misguided. You will be at pains to see any "name-calling" in there.

For my free right of self expression, and my perception that you are misguided, you by contrast, have called me a dunce, and stated that I am mentally ill.

You might thus want to review your understanding of the term "name-calling" especially since you have asserted that it shows "paucity of intellect" and "is symptomatic of a deeper mental diesease."
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,
i don't blame u and most uninformed ppl on this thread because no one sees beyond his horizons.
palin, the vp candidate in the american presidential elections had problems because of the life style of her daughter who was old enough to bear her cross.
charity begins at home and leaders are supposed to be men with unquestionable characters and those who live above boards. i may be sounding greeks to u because u are uninformed to this level.
a rapist as the president of nigeria. a drug addict as the president of nigeria, a killer as the president of nigeria. oh, do u know what is called moral justifications? i know u don't.
u must have a sound moral life to be a leader and that is the only way a leader will be able to differentiate the bad from the good.
those who live in glass houses do not throw stone.
look at nigeria, men of with little or no moral values in charge of others, what do u expect? exactly what we have today. everybody is thriving in criminalities.
indirectly, crime of different forms and classes have become a way of life.
look at our law makers getting married to a child of 13 yrs, i know to u that is not a crime not minding the meaning of child abuse. at the end of the day, what is the value of this country and her occupants.
a whole ship got lost without trace in nigeria and u are hear preaching shits. an attorney general assasinted without trace and u fight corruption.
we are total jokes and habitual criminals hence what ibori did is typical nigerian and that is just it.

No, you don't sound Greek, you sound Becomerichie.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by DeepSight(m): 12:23pm On May 21, 2010
chidichris:

. . . an attorney general assasinted without trace and u fight corruption.

What would you thus recommend?

A halt to the processes initiated against Ibori?

If you are NOT recommending that: then please BE STILL.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 12:29pm On May 21, 2010
Deep Sight:

What would you thus recommend?

A halt to the processes initiated against Ibori?

If you are NOT recommending that: then please BE STILL.

STOP!

Don't you even dare think you can get logic out of him. You are going to waste your time.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by MyJoe: 1:21pm On May 21, 2010
A man stole a small sum of money belonging to some town association somewhere in Kogi State. He was summoned to the king's palace. When he refused to own up for the money, a curse was ceremonially placed on him by the king and he suffered some ostracism in the community. That is how seriously the town took the matter.

Why is it, then, that when people steal in government house our people defend them? Why do people come here to talk "work and eat" and other silly lines? In another thread, I think, someone was saying that Ibori developed his home town?! Is it insanity, illiteracy or plain stupidity that makes a man to defend the person that steals from him? I think the place we should start is to let our people know that "government money" belongs to them and that they have non-negotiable rights to 24-hour electricity, good roads, water, good schools, well-equipped police, rail network, etc.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by monkeyleg: 1:44pm On May 21, 2010
@ChidiChris,

How can you even suggest that Ibori is a product of pdp. This man is a born Thief. His wife and himself have been stealing from Birth. The man was found guilty of stealing building materials in the UK and Abuja way before he joined pdp. So please dont even go there.

I onced ask you if you were from Delta state and you never answered me. Anyone who is remotely involved with Delta state understands that IBORI (self styled Ogidigbodigbo), did absolutely nothing for 8yrs but STEAL, and some would even suggest KILL
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2010
myjoe,
the answer to your question: "why will a man to defend the person that steals from him?"

answer: illiteracy!  grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 21, 2010
monkeyleg:

@ChidiChris,

How can you even suggest that Ibori is a product of pdp. This man is a born Thief. His wife and himself have been stealing from Birth. The man was found guilty of stealing building materials in the UK and Abuja way before he joined pdp. So please dont even go there.

Very interesting indeed, bros. "Monkeyleg" must be the name of the courts of omniscient jurisdiction that convicted Ibori and his wife of being "born thieves". Perhaps you would be kind enough to show us the court papers that prove the 'fact' of their being "found guilty". The only thing I can think of is that they were probably found guilty in pepper-soup high court, confirmed guilty in ishiewu/asun appeal court, and condemned finally at the beer parlour supreme court. These your stories remind me of several others we have heard over the years: IBB and M.A are homosexual lovers; Abacha had a hand in the plane crash that killed Ibrahim, his first son; The Swiss wristwatch company, SWATCH, is owned by IBB; Mariam Abacha declared that no matter how much looted funds the government seizes from them, the family would never be as ‘poor’ as Dangote. . . and other such marketplace tales. It is interesting to also enrich my beer parlour gist-bag with news that Mr. & Mrs. Ibori have “been stealing from birth” (wonder what they stole straight out the womb, a bite of their mommies’ nipples?), and that they relied on stolen building materials to complete their luxurious London home. LMAO!

Some of these tales (including yours) may be true, just as they might very well be idle fabrications. But the fact is that they are all apocryphal and lack any degree of veracity as at now. To that extent, with due respect, it is ludicrous for anyone to use such tales by moonlight to buttress arguments that intend (or pretend) to be sensible.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ndahbros1: 6:16pm On May 21, 2010
my very naive fellow-countryman, people like u dont mean well 4 dis country.what is ur problem?i tot u wud expend ur energy saying he is innocent, to which the reply wud hv bin that a court of law is the best recipient of such protestations. instead, u start babbling like a paid praise-singer/sycophant.should we continue to sin that grace may abound? God forbid is the answer. so because Odili, IBB, and a host of others u mentioned were not prosecuted, u feel it's too late to reserve that apathy in our national life?whats wrong wit starting wit Ibori and waking up to the rest u mentioned? why does an average Nigerian cry about tribe, religion, or political affiliation when asked to account for his deeds or misdeeds in public office?and why does a fellow-sufferer of the effect of looting the national treasury like u allow ur cheap self to be used to prevent suspected looters of being inverstigated and tried?why? u are simply showing that if u find urself in public office 2mrw, u would eclipse Ibori's alleged record.If he is innocent, he should submit himself to trial.
what did u say when he hired thugs to resist arrest?when he caused a security breach in Delta State and overcame security agents?
Stop this sycophancy, u hear?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by DeepSight(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2010
pro01:

Very interesting indeed, bros. "Monkeyleg" must be the name of the courts of omniscient jurisdiction that convicted Ibori and his wife of being "born thieves". Perhaps you would be kind enough to show us the court papers that prove the 'fact' of their being "found guilty". The only thing I can think of is that they were probably found guilty in pepper-soup high court, confirmed guilty in ishiewu/asun appeal court, and condemned finally at the beer parlour supreme court. These your stories remind me of several others we have heard over the years: IBB and M.A are homosexual lovers; Abacha had a hand in the plane crash that killed Ibrahim, his first son; The Swiss wristwatch company, SWATCH, is owned by IBB; Mariam Abacha declared that no matter how much looted funds the government seizes from them, the family would never be as ‘poor’ as Dangote. . . and other such marketplace tales. It is interesting to also enrich my beer parlour gist-bag with news that Mr. & Mrs. Ibori have “been stealing from birth” (wonder what they stole straight out the womb, a bite of their mommies’ unmentionables?), and that they relied on stolen building materials to complete their luxurious London home. LMAO!

Some of these tales (including yours) may be true, just as they might very well be idle fabrications. But the fact is that they are all apocryphal and lack any degree of veracity as at now. To that extent, with due respect, it is ludicrous for anyone to use such tales by moonlight to buttress arguments that intend (or pretend) to be sensible.

- - - -> Which is exactly why a judicial process commencing with an arrest and preferment of formal charges is the proper process via which the wheat might be sifted from the chaff.

This is the process that has just begun.

I positively DEMAND of you that you state to me -

1. Why such a process should be halted

2. Whether the motives behind such a process are of any consequence whatsoever

3. Whether it is apposite to lament such a process for the particular reason that a similar process has not been commenced against EVERY KNOWN criminal.

Revert.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by DeepSight(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2010
While you dwell on the foregoing, let me make a few comments on your opening post.

You stated –

I'm repulsed by the unwieldy deployment of maximum state force to effect Ibori's arrest! After storming his hometown with a combined team of Army, Airforce, Police, SSS, and EFCC to arrest him dead or alive, the government further unleashed the INTERPOL on the accused. What for? Did he commit mass murder or terrorism?

- Thus suggesting very clearly that you do not regard official corruption to be as grave as “mass murder or terrorism.”

- I need to ram the point forcefully home that official corruption kills a great many more people than terrorists or serial killers are capable of in their entire lives.

- Every neglected road which spawns fatal accidents, the thousands of needless deaths at ill-equipped hospitals, the numerous fire-incidents resulting from the use of alternative power on account of a dilapidated power infrastructure – all of these are clear and direct results of official corruption and I am aghast that you do not realize that such corruption therefore leads very directly to the untimely death of an unquantifiable number of people

- I am thus eminently offended, nay outraged, on behalf of the millions of souls who have been victims of this systemic abuse, that you regard such as being less grave than murder, and worse – that you denounce the application of state force to effect the arrest of a person resisting arrest regarding charges of such murderous official corruption.

If 'money laundering' is now such a heinous crime (or in fact, accustation), then: Why hasn't Erastus Akingbola been arrested in London where he is hiding? Why hasn't Peter Odili been hounded with the armed forces? What of the Haliburton crooks? What of OBJ, Andy Uba, IBB, etc. etc. etc. Indeed, El-Rufai and Ribadu were declared wanted by EFCC and Code of Conduct Bureau for almost three years on allegations of corruption. Pray: Why did our useless government not unleash the Interpol on them while they hid in the US and UK as fugitives. In Ibori's case now they are using NATO, INTERPOL, CIA, KGB, MOSSAD, &M16 to track him down dead or alive. Why the double-standards

I certainly hope that you realize, as you have already been told on this thread, that the apt thing to do is to rally around for the arrest and prosecution of all the others who you have mentioned AS WELL.

It is rather appalling that you would question the non-arrest of these persons, and lo and behold – when one of their ilk – Ibori – is arrested, you scream blue murder?

That is eminently contradictory and suggests firmly to me that you do not have the least apprehension regarding the issue that you so cavalierly set forth.

I can smell a whiff of personal vendatta in Ibori's case.

Let me put you out of your misery. There is more than a whiff of personal vendetta involved. There is a whole ship-load of it.

Question is – SO WHAT?

Does it miss you that it most likely is the case that ALMOST EVERY politician in this country is corrupt?

Now the government consists of Politicians.

Thus going by your reasoning, there WILL NEVER be a government that possesses the moral authority to effect such actions.

It is rather the case that in pursuit of personal interest, governments will have cause to unearth the corrupt deeds of this or that politician.

And I positively assert to you that such IS HEALTHY for the polity as the direct implication will be that EVERY politician will realize that it is politically dangerous to have skeletons in his cupboard.

You need to summarize your case  - if you DO NOT mean to suggest that a government must arrest all known criminals before the next criminal can be arrested, then kindly close shop and quit the chit-chat son.

Why kill an ant with a sledge-hammer?

What gives you the audacity to assert that Ibori’s actions or the quantum of corruption levelled against him is in anyway comparable to a metaphorical ant? What audit or process of inquiry have you conducted in this regard?

Contrarily, exactly such a process is about to commence and you find yourself opening a thread with the title – “In defence of Ibori. . .”.

I state to you that that title alone is philosophically mis-footed, an assault to the conscience and sensibilities of an entire nation and an embarrassment of your perception of integrity.

On what basis should you seek to “defend” him?

He is not the biggest thief in Nigeria.

This statement implies either one of two things –

1. You are omniscient OR

2. You know the exact amount of funds he has stolen, and also know a person who has stolen more.

Given that you are not omniscient, the only logical possibility is No. 2.

Can you tell us why you have not ratted out that other person whose personal finances you know so intimately, as to be aware that he is both a thief, and a bigger one than Ibori? ? ? ?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by yewaman: 8:19pm On May 21, 2010
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Guy if have nothing else to do with your do not talk.
this total crap defending a thief!
this world don spoil, shame don die!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ekiti Councillors Stage Solidarity Rally For Fayose (Photos) / Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate / Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.