Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (33607 Views)

Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe? / Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by OkCornel(m): 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
uofa:
Daddy freeze is ignorant and deceiving himself
The law of tithing; as Daddy freeze says is not weak,useless or done away with.
Please see below what our Lord Jesus himself said below

Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Furthermore in Matthew 23:23, Jesus talks to the Pharisees, condemning them for tithing to the penny but neglecting the more important issues of justice, mercy and faith. He then goes on to tell them that they should in fact tithe, but that they shouldn't neglect the more important things. Jesus recognized the importance of keeping the tithe and we should, too.

Per the bolded part of the bible verse you just quoted... have you bothered to ask yourself these;

1) Has Jesus fulfilled the Law?

2) If the answer to the first question is yes...is the law still binding on you as a follower of Christ?

Let us try to separate Judaism from Christianity (the works & teachings of Jesus). This is clearly spelt out in Acts 15...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by bibe(m): 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecidedforget dat grammar.Most peep drop 100,200,500 even 50 naira as their tithe.Do u knw dat sum peep even squeeze/ fold d money so dat ur neighbors nor go see how much u dey drop?.God will not kill any man for not giving.If a Pastor. ask u to give 500k and all u have in ur account. is 5k,will u give?

They never ask for specific amount but 10% of whatever your income is.
It's impossible to pay 500k out of 5k so this doesn't fly.
However the Crux of the discussion is, do they force you to pay, which brings up my answer;

Psychological coercion/Emotional blackmail = Compulsion = Force
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by sawdi: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Originality007:

Oponu, na your papa money?

Omo, this one don zombie finish sha!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by mykems(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
1. D reason for tithe was the LEVITES to have something to fall back on since YAHWEH didn't give them an inheritance amongst their brethren.
2. So that the fatherless, widows, strangers would have something to share from during the temple feasts.
Today there are no Levites. We are all mandated to work do that we would have to give to the less privileged around us. PASTOR office no be work oh, it's a free gift to the church, just like the Apostle, prophet, evangelist, and teachers. In the new testament, we r only instructed to give as we purpose in our heart, for God loves a cheerful giver, not of necessity (tithe was a necessity).
There is no basis for tithing in the new testament, the apostles never preached it, Jesus never preached it.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Geesaintagape: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Freeze should continue his divine msg as far as 9ja pastors continue their tithing msg.
Adeboye issuing false threat to the member.
Sand we came sand we will return soul return to the owner.
ADEBOYE ADEBOYE ADEBOYE ur nickedness is becoming crystal clear.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by OyinO: 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
Spot on! Daddy Freeze is 100% on Point!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
sawdi:

Zombie. Pay your tithe by feeding the poor around you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
Blackfire:
Ehen.... Adeboye go hear something today.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
...all I see here are corporate business centres. It's well.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
So Bobo Freezer Still Dey Exist
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by profoejr(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
MistadeRegal:
undecided
According to the Bible:
[8]Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
[9]Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
[10]Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
[11]And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
[12]And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
Malachi:3:8-12

But that is if you have.
GOD never stipulated you won't make Heaven if you don't have.
Lazarus in the Bible was a very poor man, having nothing, yet he's currently in Abraham's bosom.
But understanding the word of GOD there, shows it's reward for GOD'S blessings.
Pastors, please tell the people the truth and stop making Christianity appear all about money and material things.
The major problem in today's christian life is lack of understanding what we read.
we strongly believe in what my pastor said and not what the word of God said.
most Christian need to read the bible from Matthew to Revelation then Genesis to Revelation to see God's method with man.
if tithing is for this generation why didn't we do sacrifices?
why did God command tit?
who are we paying this tit to?
where are the levite today?
which generation are we?
many more questions...
sincerely answer these questions and make your conclusion and recommendations.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by osymerga(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
Originality007:
I pay my tithe every month, nothing will stop me from paying it

So for your mind now, you go enter heaven?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Freeze, freeze!! How many times did I call you undecided

This tithing thing might be getting understood a bit. Direct disobedience and persistent "living in sin", even after salvation, endangers heaven's possibilities. (How tithing may come into that I'll need the expositors to expound)

On that heaven stuff; Abel didn't pay, Enoch didn't and he strolled right in, the thief on the right hand didn't make heaven via tithe cheque... there's a lot of grace to this thing than is being made out. Just do what you know is right by the word sha

Are you saying Abel, the thief and Enoch are in heaven now? I thought we are to know our fate on judgement day
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by khalhokage(m): 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
flyca:
I wanna know, did Adeboye really say that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxmhM3DWjgM
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by BushWickBill: 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
MistadeRegal:

What emphasis?
I login, saw thread, commented on it like everyone else.
If you won't pay your tithes that's your problem. GOD won't because of you alter HIS Word.
Lol
If only you knew.

The person you quoted is right.

By the works of the law (tithing inclusive) shall no man be justified. Romans 3:20 Galatians 2:16

I wonder whether you folks who scream tithing ever read your bible and apply it in proper context.

Are you so daft? Or do you choose to remain ignorant for the sake of it?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Redhot111(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
MistadeRegal:

It's like you don't have a good reading ability.
Read my comment to the end and come re-mention me again.

U really lack comprehensive skills. There is a whole lot of difference between wat u are trying to prove in ur 1st comment and wat I wrote in my 1st quote. So u need to come to terms with that or u get the fvck out of this thread and let pple with ability to drive home their point talk.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by BushWickBill: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
bibe:

They never ask for specific amount but 10% of whatever your income is.
It's impossible to pay 500k out of 5k so this doesn't fly.
However the Crux of the discussion is, do they force you to pay, which brings up my answer;

Psychological ecoercion/Emotional blackmail = Compulsion = Force
Someone who sees through the bulshït of these pompous charlatans who present themselves as men of God.

Scaremongering. Presenting a scenario to affect the psychology of people into obeying you.
That's what these frauds do.

Bishop Okonkwo broke it down (though not entirely in my view) when he admitted he was wrong on the doctrine of forcing people to tithe. Sam Adeyemi has told us it is wrong to make tithing compulsory. People who are slowly seeing the light.

But this greedy baba will never let go of tithes because it drives his desires for the good life. He cannot trust God enough for providing his needs.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
survivor1986:
Adeboye in his quiet time be like, "But if I don't tell them that, how do we sustain the ministry?"
Any ministry which depends on man for sustainance is fraud.
God sustains His ministry
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by udeh3(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
Any part of the Old Testament Jesus did not physically correct before He died, please be careful. Don't use your hand to correct what Jesus didn't correct. We saw the importance of tithing in the Old Testament and how it affected the people when they stopped paying it at some point.

They said tithing is in the Old Testament, so is the Old Testament an Old word of God. The bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It took about 40 Holy Men in a during of about 1,600 years to write and someone will begin to argue it with mere physical emotions or feelings.

My question is; is the Old Testament still valid in this present day or not?

The Apostles travelled from one city to the other, with what money, or who provided the job for them to work, was it Peter who left fishing?

Let's be very careful!
Even the last days "the very elect shall be deceived ". Tithing has workedfor me in diverse ways. You don't wake up and interpret the bible with human knowledge. It's a spiritual enitiy itself.

My advice for everyone here, always ask God concerning controversial issues, He speaks, He will surely speak to you when you have a personal relationship with Him

Whatever you're not cleared about maybe from where you read or some messages you listened to, please ask The Maker!

God help us!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by mikoloson: 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
martineverest:
ur mumu never still do? r
you wey get sense no dey pay, how has not paying changed your life or made ur life better
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
The thief Adeboye is desperate now
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Igba123: 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
Dandanlowo:
I know understand why bible self no dey speak straigt english.. All dis thou, thy and ye are enuf to confused pipu sef
go for contemporary English versions. I hv 7 versions of bible n d versions I read most are goodnews, LB nd the message though I have d thou nd thee versions.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by IdeyFindWife: 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
iamsirpaul:

Are you saying Abel, the thief and Enoch are in heaven now? I thought we are to know our fate on judgement day

Hahahaha. Are we not assured that there is a guaranteed favorable Season 2 to their stories?

Look at Enoch. The Bible says "And Enoch was not, for God took him". And the same Bible says "... for in the presence of God, there is fullness of joy, and at His right hand, there are pleasures forever"!

Wherever those old men are right now, it's gotta be the good place and you better plan to be there too. Praise Tha Lawd somebody!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Temple1288(m): 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
Originality007:

Because you're either a baboon or monkey.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Who are you to fight for God

And who are u to fight for adeboye
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Originality007:

Then remain under a curse.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by 1Sharon(f): 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
Bwahaahha grin these ppl are getting desperate
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by preciousosas1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
: freeze is a confused/ confam goat
bros, this is an issue with Christianity... I dont like freeze one bit but sometimes our pastors make him look like a rabbi. the criteria for making heaven is John 3 vs 16. making heaven is not a function of you deeds but a function of you being justified by grace Rom 2 vs 21 to 26. if God has already justified us by grace and MADE US HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS 2 cor 5 vs 21, how then can not paying tithe lead one to hell. tithing is a principle that if you do has a blessing attached to it, same as giving. it shouldn't be threatening. if we want to go by this then we can also someone who doesn't win a soul would go to hell because we were all commanded to do that.... I Make bold to say if not tithing can can take us to hell then not wining souls as Jesus commanded can also take us to hell, same as. not giving to he poor can also take us to hell. let us stop making the gospel look scary and intimidating jor.... do you know that the one of the thieves that was crucified by Jesus made heaven? did that one pay his tithe ?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by computergenius(m): 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
BE WARNED! FAKE PASTORS ARE EVERY WHERE! YOU MAY BE PAYING TITHE TO A ROBBER!
Many criminals are now starting mushroom churches so that they can get at peoples tithe. Criminals now use the church to get information about who to rob. Criminals now use churches to launder proceeds of crime like drug trafficking and armed robbery or treasury looting.

MEN OF GOD OR MEN OF THE DEVIL
End-time is here. Corruption has found its way into the church. Corrupt Pastors now use the Bible to extort money from their members. They use the money to buy exotic cars and build palaces for themselves. They make the rich their friend and the poor their enemy. They are proud. They shout on God. They exalt themselves to the position of God. They lie on God.

GOOD PASTORS PRAY FOR THE NATION. BAD PASTORS PREY ON PUBLIC FUND!
Corrupt Pastors now help thieving politicians and treasury looters to use church accounts to launder stolen public fund. Many pastors now indulge in different kinds of criminal activities and cover it with prosperity. Some Pastors are involved in exam malpractice. Some pastors become members of secret cults.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Onyiridike(f): 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
MistadeRegal:

What emphasis?
I login, saw thread, commented on it like everyone else.
If you won't pay your tithes that's your problem. GOD won't because of you alter HIS Word.

Of course and those that want to obey God by paying tithe should obey God completely (not partially) by obeying every single word especially the part of tithe that encourage you to buy things (including wine) and celebrate.

Those who preach tithe are making mockery of what Jesus Christ achieved on the cross.

And if you want to obey the law (the word of God) as you call it, you have got to obey every single law (word of God) from Genesis to Revelation.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by preciousosas1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
udeh3:
Any part of the Old Testament Jesus did not physically correct before He died, please be careful. Don't use your hand to correct what Jesus didn't correct. We saw the importance of tithing in the Old Testament and how it affected the people when they stopped paying it at some point.

They said tithing is in the Old Testament, so is the Old Testament an Old word of God. The bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It took about 40 Holy Men in a during of about 1,600 years to write and someone will begin to argue it with mere physical emotions or feelings.

My question is; is the Old Testament still valid in this present day or not?

The Apostles travelled from one city to the other, with what money, or who provided the job for them to work, was it Peter who left fishing?

Let's be very careful!
Even the last days "the very elect shall be deceived ". Tithing has workedfor me in diverse ways. You don't wake up and interpret the bible with human knowledge. It's a spiritual enitiy itself.

My advice for everyone here, always ask God concerning controversial issues, He speaks, He will surely speak to you when you have a personal relationship with Him

Whatever you're not cleared about maybe from where you read or some messages you listened to, please ask The Maker!

God help us!
bro, please try to study gal 4 vs 21 and 2 cor 3 vs 7 to 14
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Originality007: 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Then remain under a curse.

Na u and ur generation go remain under a curse..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How My Cook Tried To Poison Me – Fr Mbaka / Osinbajo Helicopter Crash And Survival: Could It Be A Warning From God? / International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.