Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. (19235 Views)

Dear Single Ladies, U Don't Have Or May Not Have Spiritual Problem / Know Your Worth Nigga: A Thread For Men / Dear Single Mothers, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Lol it's very obvious that there is something strange about her..

Was she born into wealth?
Or her dad got the job when they were nothing?

most rich ladies that are stingy were ones poor and were stingy when they had no money so that ability lives with them..

I'm talking about the ones we refer to as princess, the ones that even had their nails done for them..

In school when i pocketed my second semester school fees because my girlfriend paid for it and for all my text books even without asking me..

mehnn it was like I'm in telemundo.. lol

Cindy God bless you wherever you are...

Ladies like that don't care about a guys money..
Lol. The secret code to heaven is "don't make me feel stuupid".IYKYK
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Check the thread I also commented and some people also gave some nice advice and not everyone insulted you.
I must say some still had the Africa mentality.
JAMB question number 1; What do you understand by African mentality and what are the things you feel are wrong with it?
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
JAMB question number 1; What do you understand by African mentality and what are the things you feel are wrong with it?
To me any society that is not progressive in it's approach to issues or isn't liberal I term it backwardness and a lot of Africa societies are not openminded to change.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Liliyann:
People should realize that marriage is not for everyone!
It is not a guarantee for happiness and not a do or die affairs!!
It pains me when I see people talking about marriage like an achievement which is not!
God knows I won't stress myself over a man!

Aunty, like it or not marriage is an achievement, a big one at that.

It might not be an achievement to you, but it is an achievement to thousands if not millions of people, including me.

I pray you get the of man you want sha
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Safiaa(f): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I avoided quoting you because I don't want to be a part of the argument.
Fortunately for me I don't share your view like I told caps you are conservative and I am not.
It is an African and middle east mentality because some parts of the world has moved on.
You seem to hold to the patriarchal societal view which some people do not believe in.The only thing constant in life is change so hold your opinion and let me hold mine.
darling I live in the western world, and the traditional household is very current. Loads of ‘ stay at home mums’ as they call it and providers being men. It’s not an African mentality, just want to make that clear. You’re entitled to your opinion nethertheless.
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Is my attempt at written English that unintelligible to you, or are you just plain apathetic towards anything coming from my auspices?
Lol @auspices and attempt at written English.

The thing is you are unpredictable and you write in an ambiguous way. Pity is I am not a patient type, If I come across ambiguity, my relationship with the person who made such sentence will determine if I think deeper, ignore or reply with whatever first comes to my mind. sorry about that .

I saw one of your chats with Xhosa, if I was the one I would have either ignored you or reacted negatively but she took it well until you came out you were pulling her legs. I still can't get the rationale behind you typing sentences with more than one meaning but want I know is, it's not the best. it pass out wrong messages mostly.

Sorry for the epistle cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
Safiaa:
darling I live in the western world, and the traditional household is very current. Loads of ‘ stay at home mums’ as they call it and providers being men. It’s not an African mentality, just want to make that clear. You’re entitled to your opinion nethertheless.
Not really sis it depends on the area.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by donstan18: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
It's no news that some persons are masturbating and killing themselves because of the first comment in this thread. I'v gotten more than 3 mentions from the affected and from the non-affected, the only person that will find my comment offensive is a fellow who hates the truth.

Ladies should stop prioritizing marriage in their life, it's disgusting and irritating. Be focused and productive, not tomorrow the same set of dumb ladies will start crying and screaming that men are oppressing them wehereas they were busy chasing preeq during their youthful age.

If you mentioned me out annoyance and I didn't reply you, just know that you are very very useless, wayward and that nature has done more harm on you, so I won't bother to worsen your case.

I have conscience
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Safiaa(f): 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Not really sis it depends on the area.
Yes really love. It’s not an African mentality, the traditional household began from the western world, so how is it an African mentality. Doesn’t make any sense please, but carry on.
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
DrinkLimca:
this your blue font is annoying..

Don't you know it causes pains in the eyes of those that uses laptops to surf nairaland?

baba!!! na wao!!!

When i see your comments, I close my eyes and just click past it.. for real..
Lol...Take a survey on this thread dude, how many people read, replied and quoted my posts. how many have complained?

Be the judge of yourself, and I really hope you don't push it further. You wouldn't want me to type how insignificant your opinion is, would you? wink

1 Like

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

To me any society that is not progressive in it's approach to issues or isn't liberal I term it backwardness and a lot of Africa societies are not openminded to change.
Got the logic. You're like since Africa is backward, then microcosms that make it up must be too. Intelligent but that doesnt always hold true . Some African norms and costums especially those relating to marriage and the likes if adhered to undiluted can be very potent to cure most of the maladies peculiar to those we have wrongly/ inaccurately copied from the West. I can't shout!
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
Safiaa:
Yes really love. It’s not an African mentality, the traditional household began from the western world, so how is it an African mentality. Doesn’t make any sense please, but carry on.
I can counter your claims and yes we have heard of the stay at home mothers even members of the quiverfull movement and the duggar family hold that view.
You would agree that the stay at home mothers are as well conservative and in my post I talked on liberalism.
It is no argument some parts of the western society not all and its mainly conservatives that hold the traditional view so what are we not saying.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol...Take a survey on this thread dude, how many people read, replied and quote my posts. how many have complained?

Be the judge of yourself, and I really hope you don't push it further. You wouldn't want me to type how insignificant your opinion is, would you? wink
They don't use laptop to surf,, do they?

mtchewww
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
It's fine
Safiaa:
why are you surprised? I’ve always had these thoughts, I always stay stuff like this. One of my popular threads talks about women not dating broke men, so you shouldn’t be surprised. What bothers me is that you keep on bringing a particular situation up, and you know this is not the second or third time. Just stop doing that please.
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
Got the logic. You're like since Africa is backward, then microcosms that make it up must be too. Intelligent but that doesnt always hold true . Some African norms and costumes especially those relating to marriage and the likes if adhered to undiluted can be very potent to cure most of the maladies peculiar to those we have wrongly/ inaccurately copied from the West. I can't shout!

Your opinion what works for A cannot work for B.
It is my personal belief and not any western mentality.Some African societies do not let you think outside the box and when you do they term you with different names.
I can't argue I need a good night rest.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
DrinkLimca:
They don't use laptop to surf,, do they?

mtchewww
Lol....Well my fonts, my data, my problem.

Keep scrolling, your stop has never added a value in the first place. Why are you hissing? You chop snail? cheesy
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
I have relatives in Ibadan, a lot of them. Lol Ibadan mesi ogo. Hain My cousins can insult cheesy. I remember when I got admission, I spent some time with them before getting my own place. Their way of life was strange to me at first, so free, insult flying here and there. At first I used to pick offenses but later when body mix well, I give them back hotter than they dished cheesy They thought me bad things oo sad . What I admire though is they don't take things to heart. I love them so much.

Ibadan people are peaceful and accommodating, they are funny too. I love them a lot. Just that they can abuse cheesy.
lol

That is the thing about my ibadan people oo, we have poisonous mouth filled with the most lethal venom. grin

However, I don't possess such lethal weapon, my mouth and ability to insult is below average cheesy. I am very different cheesy

Although, I possess the accommodating and loving spirit of an ordinary ibadan man cool

So where are you from.
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by MrMystrO(m): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
Safiaa:
It’s not an African mentality love, it’s how it should be. People from all over the world still belive in the traditional household. Centuries ago households all over the world carried this concept so how can you call it an ‘African mentality?’ Everybody is entitled to their opinion, let me just say that.

You Are Gold, Just like that special lady i cherish so much and have sworn to protect with my life. Your words would be exactly what she would have said if she was on this forum. And i also sense you are very mature unlike most kids with access to the internet that are on here.
Thanks For this.
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Your opinion what works for A cannot work for B.
It is my personal belief and not any western mentality.Some African societies do not let you think outside the box and when you do they term you with different names.
I can't argue I need a good night rest.
I understand more than you think. But you should always bear it in mind You'll always have to pay when you dare to be different; Every system, African or even ethereal has a way of dealing with its radicals! You either weather it and carve your own niche or submit to its whims!
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol....Well my fonts, my data, my problem.

Keep scrolling, your stop has never added a value in the first place. Why are you hissing? You chop snail? cheesy
I feel like whopping your ass
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
greiboy:
lol

That is the thing about my ibadan people oo, we have poisonous mouth filled with the most lethal venom. grin

However, I don't possess such lethal weapon, my mouth and ability to insult is below average cheesy. I am very different cheesy

Although, I possess the accommodating and loving spirit of an ordinary ibadan man cool

So where are you from.
Speaking of Loving, kikikikiki there is this kind of loving Ibadan people are expert at. lipsrsealed . I won't go further cheesy

I'm from Ogun State smiley
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol @auspices and attempt at written English.

The thing is you are unpredictable and you write in an ambiguous way. Pity is I am not a patient type, If I come across ambiguity, my relationship with the person who made such sentence will determine if I think deeper, ignore or reply with whatever first comes to my mind. sorry about that .

I saw one of your chats with Xhosa, if I was the one I would have either ignored you or reacted negatively but she took it well until you came out you were pulling her legs. I still can't get the rationale behind you typing sentences with more than one meaning but want I know is, it's not the best. it pass out wrong messages mostly.

Sorry for the epistle cheesy
A mix of both theories then, As for me and that Xhosa girl, we go way back and our correspondence is more than meets the eye. When I type, respond verbatim. It would help!
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
A mix of both theories then, As for me and that Xhosa girl, we go way back and our correspondence is more than meets the eye. When I type, respond verbatim. It would help!
I am too plain to be ambiguous, sarcasm isn't my forte. When you type, be straight forward. It would help! smiley
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
My sister in the Lord notice I made a thread about you in your absence, you always have an unusual thought pattern, trust me I like it. You always humour me cheesy
I always reference your birthday gift coz its a good sign that you have an independent mindset, trust me it's unusual to come across genuinely good and generous people
Safiaa:
Giving money to someone on their birthday is completely different to providing for someone financially. How much did I give you on your birthday, 5k? Is that really a lot of money, I don’t think so luv. You’re like my bro, not my boyfriend. I don’t understand why you keep on bringing that up as I did that out of my kindness. I’ve never once preached feminism ever, so please piko dey your lane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
I am too plain to be ambiguous, sarcasm isn't my forte. When you type, be straight forward. It would help! smiley
I am not attending a party that promises to be boring. Like, sorry beech!
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by dasparrow: 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
donstan18:
A lady at 20 years........I have 3 rich fresh boyfriends.

A lady at 25 years.........Men are scum.

A lady at 29 years........Women should know their worth, marriage isn't compulsory.

A lady at 33 years..........Marriage is not for everyone, I hate being controlled by a man.

A lady at 36 years.....…Only God knows the best for his people, he never forsakes his people.

A lady at 40 years......You'll see her rolling and crying on the floor in churches cheesy

You tried to elevate and advise ladies, but ended up proving to us that marriage is and will continue to be the top priority of a typical African women, your thread's body reeks marriage and relationship only.

**For God sake, is that all you women live for?

**How many times have we seen a lady create thread on how to empower ladies in business or jobs?

**Must every advice to ladies be revolving around marriage and love?

**Is that all you all v'got to achieve in life?

**Can't you all for once think of being productive and competing in political positions, rather than focusing your goals in marriage, love, sex, virgin, heartbreak, boobs and ass?

**The same set of ladies advocating for self worth and marriage now instead of productive things will come tomorrow to cry that men are oppressing them, while they used all their time to advocate for marriage and single life.

**What will happen if you advice them to know their worth in business or creative field, do you know how much the world cherish and crave for women with business and creative ideas

You all are a big disgrace to this nation

Go to universities and see female students prioritizing relationship and making marriage a bone of every of their discussion undecided

This thread is another prove that MARRIAGE is the top priority of Nigerian women.
And until women start having sense about that, men will continue to use and regard you all as sex objects.

In a way I cannot blame the OP for writing this long epistle on marriage. I lived in Nigeria for a few years. Don't live there anymore thankfully. Nigeria is the only country I have ever lived in where you people have a very, very, very unhealthy obsession with marriage and this goes for both your men and women.

Tell a Nigerian you sincerely don't want marriage and watch their reaction for a minute. They act like you just told them you committed murder. They begin to get angry, become verbally abusive, start asking 101 questions as to why you don't desire marriage. They go as far as saying "You must marry oooo!!!"

Honestly, I have never witnessed anything like that in my life before. In the developed world, marriage is an individual choice and not something you shame, coerce or pressure people into. That is satanic, evil and wrong in all ramifications. It makes you Nigerians look like psychopaths. Like, what the hell? Then again, maybe most of you are psychopaths who knows?

And then you wonder why domestic violence is so rampant in many Nigerian marriages if not most along with chronic infidelity. I don't know about you but if I were to be forced/pressured/coerced/shamed into getting married, I would give that bloody Nigerian spouse hell on earth. I don't excel in anything that I genuinely have no interest in, marriage included.

What you people do to your young men and women in regards to forcing them into marriage can get you in trouble with the law in more advanced climes. It baffles me that you Nigerians get away with so much Shyte! No wonder your country is a complete mess and embassies don't want to give many of you visas.

You people have no respect for people's basic human right. Some people don't want to live a sexually active life perhaps due to child sexual abuse trauma. Some don't want kids. Some don't want to deal with another person's liability. Some have a phobia for sexually transmitted diseases, some have a phobia for pregnancy and the excruciating pain of labor, some are asexual, some are homosexuality. So marriage isn't for everyone and neither is parenting.

The day you Nigerians come to term with this facts, news of husbands killing their wives and vice versa will significantly reduce in your country. News of parental abuse or neglect will reduce as well. Trust me.

Nigerians should focus on raising healthy and wholesome families not families where domestic abuse and violence along with chronic infidelity and STDs are the order of the day. Besides, many of you are mentally and emotionally unstable. Many of you Nigerians have no business getting married to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Speaking of Loving, kikikikiki there is this kind of loving Ibadan people are expert at. lipsrsealed . I won't go further cheesy

I'm from Ogun State smiley
cheesy I don't know the kind of loving you are talking about cheesy

@ ogun

? egba? egbado?
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
I am not attending a party that promises to be boring. Like, sorry beech!
Its not a do or die thing, we can be parallel lines smiley
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by highqueen(f): 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
undecided
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Opentokwowledge: 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Its not a do or die thing, we can be parallel lines smiley
What's the fun in that?
Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
I understand more than you think. But you should always bear it in mind You'll always have to pay when you dare to be different; Every system, African or even ethereal has a way of dealing with its radicals! You either weather it and carve your own niche or submit to its whims!
Excuse me sir but how does the epistle you wrote there correlate with my submission?
You clearly did not understand my point.

1 Like

Re: Dear Single Ladies! Know Your Worth. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2018
greiboy:
cheesy I don't know the kind of loving you are talking about cheesy

@ ogun

? egba? egbado?
He is denying cheesy ... Now I'm suspecting you angry

You didn't believe when I typed I'm from ijebu? lol won't be surprised though cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

List Of Those Who Really Need The Valentine / How Do You Deal With An Employee With A Crush ? / See What Men Face With Their Wives In USA When They Have Green Card As Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.