Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (50692 Views)

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Duroe: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
Jesus Christ is Man and God. Before he was born, he has been- as the Word of God= God. The word became flesh, having emptied himself of all that made him God (voluntarily- Phil 2) and became a mere man- subject to all that man is subject to.
After his ressurrection he went back to his original glory on the right hand of God the father, this time in his glorified human body. When he is coming back the second time, he will come as the Word of God (see Revelation), but not to be born as his first coming, but in his glorified human body to rule on the earth and pull down every rebellion against the rule of God on the earth. After accomplishing this and putting a final end to death, God will be all in all as it was before the fall of Lucifer.
He (God-the Word) took on the human flesh because he was meant to be the atoning sacrifice for human being who fell to the deceit of Satan.
Beside God there is no saviour. As God in His divine form cannot shed blood for man and as there is no man that could satisfy divine justice in the redemption of humanity, coupled with the fact that no animal's life is equal to that of man, God has to come in the human body (incarnate) called the Son of God, to taste death (penalty of sin) for every man.
As the cause of death was as a result of one (first Adam) man's disobedience, so the restoration of the lost life has to come by one (last Adam=Jesus Christ) man's obedience.
You can access this redemption by keying in by faith into what God had accomplished in Christ Jesus- no matter what religion you practice. Then you can receive the GIFT of ETERNAL LIFE with God that will manifest fully at the time of ReStoration of ALL Things (to what it was before the rebellion of Lucifer)
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ nopuqeater

Correct me if I'm wrong. The Quran says, "And if thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the book from before thee, " (Surah 10, Yunus, verse 94).

Is this "book" not the Bible which was fully compiled more than a century before Muhammad was born?
Doesn't this mean that Muslims are supposed to believe in the Bible?
Is 'Phillipians' not part of this book?

You have now resorted to discrediting St. Paul because the truth is hard for you to take.

Okay, these below, are the words of Jesus, if you don't believe in Paul;

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
2 In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.
4 Where (I) am going you know the way."
5 Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
7 If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
8 Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.

After reading these verses, I ask you again, who is Jesus?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
He is the servant of Allah send him to the Israel Children for him to guide them to the right path not to you people as you claimed.

italo:

I ask you again, who is Jesus?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ITALO AM HERE AWAITING UR RESPONSE
Pimpu:

Verse No. 2
Jesus said: "He who has seen me has seen the Father."
                                        (John 14:9).
Perceived by the "man of extraordinary faith": This verse proves Jesus was God.

Study No. 2
One day to prove a point, Jesus picked up a child and said to his disciples
; "Whoever receives this child  in my name receives me; and whoever receives me receives Him who sent me;" (Luke 9:48).

This specific act of Christ Jesus and/or his explicit statement concerning this Child does not make; the Child and the Christ,
co-equal or one in status.

The next plausible question would be did Jesus admit he too was sent by God just as he was sending the Child? The answer is found several verses. Here are two:

Jesus said: ", and that I do nothing on my own, but I speak these things as the Father instructed me."  John 8:28.

Jesus said: ", I have not spoken on my own, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak."  John 12:49.

Study Supportive Passage:
Jesus said; "Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master; neither one who is sent greater than the one
who sent him."
(John 13:16).
Pimpu:

MY QUESTION ARE
1-FROM THE FIRST QUOTE   (John 14:9). DOES IT MEAN THAT THE CHILD AND CHRIST ARE CO-EQUAL OR ONE IN STATUS.

2-DID JESUS ADMIT HE TOO WAS SENT BY GOD?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ITALO I HAVE STATED THIS BEFORE BUT U IGNORE IT NOW U HAVE TO FACE IT
Men need to be strengthened; God does not because God is All-Powerful.If Jesus had to be strengthened, he must not be God.However,i would like to have your evidence for the above qoute.

John 20:28: Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Verse No. 6
Thomas said to Jesus; "My Lord and my God." John 20:28
Perceived by the "man of extraordinary faith": Since Jesus did not rebuke Thomas, upon hearing the above explicit statement declaring him as God, proves he was God.

Study No. 6
Here is the entire text from the 'New American Standard Bible' John 20 : 27-28:

"Then he (Jesus) said to Thomas, 'Reach here your finger, and see my hands, and reach here your hand, and put it into my side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.' Thomas answered and said to him, 'My Lord and my God!'"

Please observe the mark of exclamation
(!) at the end of the phrase. The King James Version has removed the exclamation mark.

Please notice there was no question asked in the entire narration. Hence, the text which reads "Thomas
answered" is  inaccurate.

The last phrase "My Lord and my God!" was not an answer but it was an
outburst by Thomas, having seen something  inexplicable and baffling. It is not unusual that a man cries out; "O' my God!" when he sees something totally bizarre.

Below are the texts from two reputed versions of the Bible
that support what Thomas said was not an answer to any question.

'New English Bible': Thomas
said, "My Lord and my God!"

'Phillips Modern English Bible': "My Lord and my God!"
cried Thomas.

Apostle John writes, immediately after the discourse between Jesus and Thomas; "Many other signs therefore Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples,which are not written in this book; but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ."

If John had recognized the answer by Thomas to be  a testimony for the 'Deity of Jesus', and the observed silence by Jesus to be his acquiesce to such a testimony, then the apostle John would have asked us to believe "Jesus is the God", instead of "Jesus is the Christ" in the above verse.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nopuqeater: 2:03am On Jul 26, 2010
Jesus said that he is a servant of God Who sent him. This verse is enough to confirm that Jesus was a messenger and no God.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 4:10am On Jul 26, 2010
chakula:

He is the servant of Allah send him to the Israel Children for him to guide them to the right path not to you people as you claimed.

John Chapter 1: 1-15

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be
4 through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race;
5 the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6 A man named John was sent from God.
7 He came for testimony, to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.
8 He was not the light, but came to testify to the light.
9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world came to be through him, but the world did not know him.
11 He came to what was his own, but his own people did not accept him.
12 But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God, to those who believe in his name,
13 who were born not by natural generation nor by human choice nor by a man's decision but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.
15 John testified to him and cried out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'The one who is coming after me ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.'"

I am sure that sounds like a servant to you. Keep exposing yourself. Keep exposing the 'Prophet'(who said, God referred him to the Bible).

Matthew Chapter 28: 18-20:

18 Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

, And I know for sure that "ALL NATIONS" means "ISRAEL CHILDREN" to you. Go on and show the whole world that you are following a lie.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 4:42am On Jul 26, 2010
nopuqeater:

Jesus said that he is a servant of God Who sent him. This verse is enough to confirm that Jesus was a messenger and no God.

That is enough to confirm he is a servant of God. Yes. But that is not enough to confirm he was not God.

I thought you don't believe St. Paul because no one saw what he said he saw.

nopuqeater:

I was think just yesterday that why would any christian believe Paul, when he said he met Jesus in a vision, since no one else in his company saw what he said he saw on the way to Damascus?

So you shouldn't believe Mohammed because no one is a witness to the 'revelation he said he got from God.

You have your own Quran and Bible in your head. The ones that suit whatever you feel. But you discard the ones that don't agree with what you don't believe.

You seem neither a Muslim, nor a Christian to me. What do I say to someone who knows the truth but refuses to accept it?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 6:19am On Jul 26, 2010
@ITALO AM HERE AWAITING your RESPONSE

Quote from: Pimpu on July 21, 2010, 01:02 PM
Verse No. 2
Jesus said: "He who has seen me has seen the Father."
(John 14:9).
Perceived by the "man of extraordinary faith": This verse proves Jesus was God.

Study No. 2
One day to prove a point, Jesus picked up a child and said to his disciples; "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me; and whoever receives me receives Him who sent me;" (Luke 9:48).

This specific act of Christ Jesus and/or his explicit statement concerning this Child does not make; the Child and the Christ, co-equal or one in status.

The next plausible question would be did Jesus admit he too was sent by God just as he was sending the Child? The answer is found several verses. Here are two:

Jesus said: ", and that I do nothing on my own, but I speak these things as the Father instructed me." John 8:28.

Jesus said: ", I have not spoken on my own, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak." John 12:49.

Jesus said; "Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master; neither one who is sent greater than the one
who sent him." (John 13:16).

Quote from: Pimpu on July 21, 2010, 01:15 PM
MY QUESTION ARE
1-FROM THE FIRST QUOTE (John 14:9). DOES IT MEAN THAT THE CHILD AND CHRIST ARE CO-EQUAL OR ONE IN STATUS.

2-DID JESUS ADMIT HE TOO WAS SENT BY GOD?

Sorry Pimpu, too many distractions.

John Chapter 14

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.

2 In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.

4 Where (I) am going you know the way."

5 Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

7 If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." (If one could see God in his servant, then the Jews would have seen God in Moses or Elijah or any of the prophets but Jesus said, 'from now on you have seen him'.

8 Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
(Notice that Philip asks to see the Father and Jesus said, I've been with you so long and you still don't know ME.

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.

Also Exodus 33: 18-23 says:

18 Then Moses said, "Do let me see your glory!"
19 He answered, "I will make all my beauty pass before you, and in your presence I will pronounce my name, 'LORD'; I who show favors to whom I will, I who grant mercy to whom I will.
20 But my face you cannot see, for no man sees me and still lives.
21 Here," continued the LORD, "is a place near me where you shall station yourself on the rock.
22 When my glory passes I will set you in the hollow of the rock and will cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
23 Then I will remove my hand, so that you may see my back; but my face is not to be seen."

Dont you see a great revelation in these passages? First, they couldn't see Him, then, "from now on you have seen him".

Also, Exodus 3: 13,14 says:

13 "But," said Moses to God, "when I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' if they ask me, 'What is his name?' what am I to tell them?"
14 God replied, "I am who I am." Then he added, "This is what you shall tell the Israelites: I AM sent me to you."

While John 8:58,59 says:

58 Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."
59 So they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.

The only reason they tried to stone him was that he claimed to be God. If you read just before these verses 58 and 59 you will see that he had engaged them in a long dialogue which didn't go down well with them but they didn't try to stone him. They, even, at one point said he was possesed, but the only time they 'picked up stones' was when he said He was God.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2010
@ITALO I HAVE STATED THIS BEFORE BUT U IGNORE IT NOW U HAVE TO FACE IT
Verse No. 6
Thomas said to Jesus; "My Lord and my God." John 20:28
Perceived by the "man of extraordinary faith": Since Jesus did not rebuke Thomas, upon hearing the above explicit statement declaring him as God, proves he was God.

Study No. 6
Here is the entire text from the 'New American Standard Bible' John 20 : 27-28:

"Then he (Jesus) said to Thomas, 'Reach here your finger, and see my hands, and reach here your hand, and put it into my side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.' Thomas answered and said to him, 'My Lord and my God!'"

Please observe the mark of exclamation
(!) at the end of the phrase. The King James Version has removed the exclamation mark.

John 20: 16: Jesus said to her, [b]"Mary!"
She turned and said to him in Hebrew, "Rabbouni," which means Teacher.

So should we also take it that "Mary!" was just an exclamation and not her name - because of the exclamation mark?

Well here's how wikipedia describes it: "An exclamation mark, exclamation point, or bang (!) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume, and often marks the end of a sentence.

Please notice there was no question asked in the entire narration. Hence, the text which reads "Thomas[/b] answered" is  inaccurate.

The meanings of the word [b]'answer'
according to thefreedictionary.com are found below;

v.intr.
1. To speak, write, or act as a return, as to a question.
2. To be liable or accountable: You must answer for your actions.
3. To serve the purpose; suffice: "Often I do use three words where one would answer" (Mark Twain).
4. To correspond; match: I found a dog answering to that description.
v.tr.
1. To speak, write, or act as a return to; respond to.
2. To respond correctly to.
3. To fulfill the demands or needs of; serve: "My fortune has answered my desires" (Isaak Walton).
4. To conform or correspond to: The suspect answers the description given by the police.

, And, of course you know, no English dictionary will disagree. So allow me to say that whoever the scholar that did these studies is not even worthy to be called a scholar. It's clear that it is either the scholar doesn't understand basic English or he does but is deliberately twisting words to deceive people. It's your duty to determine what kind of scholar you've been reading from Pimpu.

The last phrase "My Lord and my God!" was not an answer but it was an[/b] outburst by Thomas, having seen something  inexplicable and baffling. It is not unusual that a man cries out; "O' my God!" when he sees something totally bizarre.

Another reason this person is a scam is that; no God fearing Jew would use the name of God that way. For you, "O' my God" might be an exclamation you make when you see "something totally bizarre" but for the Jews(especially of that time) it would have been considered disrespectful to God, to say the least. They had such high regard for the name of God that they would normally spell 'YAHWEH' as 'YHWH'(out of respect).

One more reason this scam of a scholar is so wrong is that; he totally ignored two words in the above verse - 'to him' - as we see below;

Thomas answered and said [b]to him
, 'My Lord and my God!'

It wasn't just an outburst, it was a personal address.

Below are the texts from two reputed versions of the Bible
that support what Thomas said was not an answer to any question.

'New English Bible': Thomas[/b] said, "My Lord and my God!"

'Phillips Modern English Bible': "My Lord and my God!"
cried Thomas.

Apostle John writes, immediately after the discourse between Jesus and Thomas; "Many other signs therefore Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples,which are not written in this book; but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ."

Let me just prove one more time that this man is a fraud and a liar. John 20: 30,31 says:

30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of (his) disciples that are not written in this book.
31 But these are written that you may (come to) believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through this belief you may have life in his name.

But see how he carefully and deliberately avoided the part that says, "the Son of God".

If John had recognized the answer by Thomas to be  a testimony for the 'Deity of Jesus', and the observed silence by Jesus to be his acquiesce to such a testimony, then the apostle John would have asked us to believe "Jesus is the God", instead of "Jesus is the Christ" in the above verse.

John doesn't have to mention it a million times. Believing he is the Son of God is crucial to knowing He is God. If you don't believe He is the Son of God, then you wont believe He is God. John had earlier said in the very beginning of his book:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.  
3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be.
What came to be
4 through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race;
5 the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6 A man named John was sent from God.
7 He came for testimony, to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.
8 He was not the light, but came to testify to the light.
9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world came to be through him, but the world did not know him.
11 He came to what was his own, but his own people did not accept him.
12 But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God, to those who believe in his name,
13 who were born not by natural generation nor by human choice nor by a man's decision but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.

See in verse 14, the word(which was God in verse 1) "became flesh" and lived among us. And it goes on to say "we saw his glory", whose glory? God's - The word's - glory. But we saw it as "of the Fathers only son". What else do you want John to tell you?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2010
italo:

, And I know for sure that "ALL NATIONS" means "ISRAEL CHILDREN" to you. Go on and show the whole world that you are following a lie.

let me have the translation of these below verses from you in order for me to justfy who knows the gospel better between you and your god.

JESUS PBUH A RACIST: Only came for the Jews

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them saying,GO NOT into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans ENTER YE NOT.

"But go ye rather unto the lost sheep of THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (to the Jews only)." MATTHEW 10:5-6.

But he (Jesus) answered and said I am NOT SENT but unto the lost sheep of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL (the Jews only).

"Then came she (the Canaanite woman) and worshipped him, saying Lord, help me (to cure my daughter).

"But he answered and said, it is not meet to take the children's bread and CAST IT TO DOGS (the non-Jews)." MATTHEW 15:24-26
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
A POWERLESS GOD WAS IGNORANT OF THE SEASONS

And seeing a fig tree afar of having leaves, he came if happily he might find any thing there on: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, FOR THE TIME OF FIGS WAS NOT YET." MARK 11:13
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
IMAGINE A "GOD" BEING TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL (?)

Where he (Jesus) stayed forty days, being tempted by Satan."MARK 1:13
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
HE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE HEREAFTER:

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, NEITHER THE SON, but the Father." MARK 13:32
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
JESUS (PBUH) AS A THIRSTY "GOD"?
". . . (Jesus) saith, I THIRST." JOHN 19:28

JESUS (PBUH) AS A WEEPING "GOD"?
"Jesus WEPT." JOHN 11:35

Remember that this is the shortest sentence in the Bible! (Only two words).
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ITALO lets start with this
John Chapter 1: 1-15

Verse No. 11
" In the beginning was the Word,
   and the Word was with God,
   and the Word was God."   
     (John 1:1)
Perceived by the "man of extraordinary faith": The verse says;
In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God.

Study No. 11
   The text does not read "In the beginning was Jesus". John did not write the word Jesus in his original manuscript. If he had meant that, he could have simply used the name Jesus. John wrote what he knew to be the Truth. In the beginning was the "Spoken Word" (i.e. God's Command). "Jesus" happens to be a SUBSTITUTION of the Greek word "Logos" used by the apostle. In reality the bible readers are implying, suggesting, alluding or insinuating the name of Jesus. The concept of SUBSTITUTING the original Greek term 'Logos' with "Jesus" has been the traditional norm for the past many centuries. Hence it is not easy to believe otherwise. Is this "substitution" any where closer to the literal translation of the Greek word "Logos"? The answer is, No.

The Greek term 'Logos' is derived from the root word 'Lego' meaning
"to speak". The literal translation of the word 'Logos' is "something spoken, thought". A Command that is spoken. A thought that is expressed. The verification of this literal translation is very simple. Please refer to any good English Dictionary. Under the word 'Decalogue' you will find the meaning; "The Ten Commandments", (deka = ten; logous = commands). The dictionary also translates the word 'Logos' as "discourse, reason, (rarely) word".

With the traditional "substitution" the verse reads; "and Jesus was with God and Jesus was God." How can Jesus be "with" God, and "was" God, as well? It defies the logic(the chain of thoughts).

The literal translation reads:

In the beginning was the 'spoken word, command',
      and the 'spoken word, command' was with God,
      and the 'spoken word, command' was Divine.
(John 1:1)

The opening of John's Gospel coincides perfectly with the prologue of the Book of Genesis which reads; "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And
the God said, Let there be light; and there was light."
(Genesis 1:1/ 3).

The translation of 'Logos' as "Divine" in the last line is based upon the usage of Greek grammar. Here is the brief explanation for those who are interested in the grammar. In the second line, the phrase used by John for "God" is 'ho theo', meaning 'the God'. In the last line it is simply 'theo', the definitive article 'the' is missing. It is not written because here  'Theo' is a predicate of the preceding subject. The predicate is used to denote the nature, quality, attribute or property of the subject. In this instance the nature of the God's spoken command happens to be "Divine".

In 'New translation of the Bible' (1922) by the famous Dr. James Moffatt, it reads; "the Logos was Divine". And, the similar translations appear in 'The Complete Bible - An American Translation' (Smith-Goodspeed); 'The Authentic New Testament' by Hugh J. Schonfield and the translations done by; Haenchen, Lyder Brun and Madsen.

Notes:
John 1:2 & 3 would also translate perfectly with the literal translation and further compliment the opening passages from the Book Of Genesis.  The Greek word  'houtos' {3778} should be literally translated as "the same" (meaning, the spoken word),  instead of "he". In the King James Version, it reads; "The same was in the beginning with God", which supports the above clarification. Hence, John 1:2 & 3 should read:

It (the Command) was in the beginning with God.
    All things came into being through it (the Command) and without it (the Command) not one thing came into being.

Please read Genesis 1: 3, 6, 11, 14, 20 & 24. It will compel the readers to admit the Truth.  In Isaiah 45:12 God says;

I made the earth and created humankind upon it;
    it was my hands that stretched out the heavens,
    and I commanded all their hosts.

Those who prefer to substitute the "Logos" with Jesus and read;
"All things came into being through him (Jesus)", are requested to read Mt. 19:4.   While drawing the attention of the Pharisees to the Old Testament passages (e.g. Gen. 1:27, 5:2 and Is. 45:12), Jesus clearly points out that it was God Himself (not he), who created the mankind.

Notes: John 1: 4
With the literal translation John 1:4 would read: In it (the spoken Command) was life, and the life was the light for all people.

Notes: John 1: 6 to 9 Here we aretold that John the Baptist was sent into this world in advance.  He himself was not the light. But John was sent as a witness to testify that light, so that all might believe through him in what was to come. This true light, which enlightens everyone , was coming into this world after him. The rest is easy to follow once we understand the most important verse number 14.

Notes: John 1:14 And the "Logos" (the spoken word, Command, wherein was life and light) became flesh (by entering the womb of Virgin Mary). No Bible reader can deny the fact that whenever God wanted to create anything (e.g. Light, Vegetation, Living Creatures, etc.,) He had been using His Commands to do just that. In this instance, He chose to make His Righteous Messiah through this unique "one of a kind" (John 3:16) Command.  Briefly, it was the Command of God that became flesh (the body of Jesus within Mary). This also explains the Virgin Birth through Mary.

To say that God Himself became flesh (Jesus, upon this earth) is not only a grave blasphemy but has been explicitly and repeatedly negated by Jesus himself, as shown from the beginning of this article. The only other alternative would be to say; the God Incarnate came to this earth and the God made an utterly false statement, concerning the CRUCIAL issue of having
"the eternal life", in John 17:3.  The choice is yours, which to adopt and what to reject.

If John wanted to write "Jesus", why would he write "Logos" instead? There is no record of Jesus being ever addressed as "Logos" by any one in the New Testament.
", if any one proclaims  to you a Gospel contrary to what you have received, let that one be accursed." Galatians 1:9.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ITALO READ WITH EASE

Verse No. 8
When confronted by Jews; Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58)
Perceived by the "man of extraordinary faith": This  proves;

a) Jesus existed before his birth.
b) Jesus was the same entity who replied to prophet Moses when he asked his God; What was His name? What shall he say to his people? From behind the Burning Bush God replied;
"I AM THAT I AM." (Exodus 3:14).

Answer No. 8
a) Jesus was consecrated (anointed) by God before he was born and so was prophet Jeremiah. The Bible records, God came to prophet Jeremiah and said to him; "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jer. 1:5.

God "loved" his chosen prophets before they were born. The Bible confirms; God "loved" Jesus before the foundation of the world. (Jn. 17:24). This act of loving by an entity called God, undoubtedly proves that Jesus was not God "Himself", before he was born or after he was born. Jesus was a distinctly separate entity that was "being loved" by God, records this verse for the people who are upright and open minded.

King Melchizedek of Salem was an eternal priest with no records of his beginning and ending. (Heb. 7:1-3). No Christian would admit, based upon this stated of "eternal life span", that the King of Salem was God, so how can Jesus be who claimed his existence before Abraham?

b) The entire concept is based upon a simple conjecture. In the foot notes of Exodus 3:14 the editors of K.J.V. write;

"Jesus probably alluded to this name of God in John 8:58, 'Before Abraham was, I AM." The use of phrase
"probably alluded" indicates; this does not happen to be an established truth or certainty.

The Greek words "ego eimi" are here translated as "I Am". However, the literal translation mentioned in the marginal notes of the New American Standard Bible reads; "I have been".

Repeating the same phrase "I am", Jesus said; "I am (he),  and that I do nothing on my own; but as my Father has taught me, I speak these things." (John 8:28). God of Moses had no instructor. If he had one, then that entity would be the God's mentor or boss!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
John 20: 16: Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to him in Hebrew, "Rabbouni," which means Teacher.

So should we also take it that "Mary!" was just an exclamation and not her name - because of the exclamation mark?

Well here's how wikipedia describes it: "An exclamation mark, exclamation point, or bang (!) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume, and often marks the end of a sentence.
[b]@MR ITALO I WONDER WHY U WILL WANT TO SAY ANYTHING JUST TO DENY THE TRUTH
TO BEGIN WITH
INTERJECTION MEANS ;A WORD OR WORDS,OR SOME NOISES,USED TO EXPRESS SURPRISES,DISMAY,PAIN OR OTHER FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS
EXCLAMATION MEANS AN EXPRESSION OF SURPRISE OR OTHER SUDDEN FEELINGS.
NOW BACK TO THE VERSE JOHN 20:16 JESUS SAID TO HER,"MARY".SHE TURNED TOWARDS HIM AND CRIED OUT IN ARAMAIC,
"RABBON[/b]I[b]!"(WHICH MEANS TEACHER)
source NIV
PLS CAN ANY NEUTRAL PERSON IN THE HOUSE READ THE ABOVE VERSE FROM JOHN 20:14-17 AND TELL ME IF SHE WAS SURPRICE OR NOT

Please notice there was no question asked in the entire narration. Hence, the text which reads "Thomas[/b] answered" is  inaccurate.

The meanings of the word [b]'answer' according to thefreedictionary.com are found below;

v.intr.
1. To speak, write, or act as a return, as to a question.
2. To be liable or accountable: You must answer for your actions.
3. To serve the purpose; suffice: "Often I do use three words where one would answer" (Mark Twain).
4. To correspond; match: I found a dog answering to that description.
v.tr.
1. To speak, write, or act as a return to; respond to.
2. To respond correctly to.
3. To fulfill the demands or needs of; serve: "My fortune has answered my desires" (Isaak Walton).
4. To conform or correspond to: The suspect answers the description given by the police.

, And, of course you know, no English dictionary will disagree. So allow me to say that whoever the scholar that did these studies is not even worthy to be called a scholar. It's clear that it is either the scholar doesn't understand basic English or he does but is deliberately twisting words to deceive people. It's your duty to determine what kind of scholar you've been reading from Pimpu.

WHAT DA HELL ARE U SAYING,MY FRIEND THIS MAY SURPRISE U BUT MOST OF THE REVISED VERSION HAS REPLACE THE WORD ANSWERED WITH SAID. I WILL ASK YOU THIS SIMPLE QUESTION WHY WAS IT CHANGED?
AND FOR THE OTHER STUFF U WROTE U ARE ONLY ATTACKING THE WRITER AND NOT THE WRIGHT-OUT.
MY FRIEND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE TRUTH IS ONE.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 12:32am On Jul 27, 2010

That is enough to confirm he is a servant of God. Yes. But that is not enough to confirm he was not God.
SO SINCE WE HAVE ESTABLISH THAT ON EARTH HE WAS A SERVANT THEN I WILL ASK U THESE QUESTIONS
1-IN HEAVEN WILL JESUS EXIST AS A SEPARATE ENTITY OR AS ONE WITH GOD
IF AS ONE,I WILL ASK U WHO WILL BE OCCUPYING THE CENTER SIT WHEN JESUS SAID HE WILL BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FATHER?MARK 16:19
BUT,BUT IF NOT THEN THE STATEMENT IN JOHN 14:9-10 IS SIMPLY TRYING TO SAY ONCE U ACCEPT GOD THEN HE IS IN U AND U ARE IN HIM.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
I was never trying to convert you. The only reason I got on this thread is for the sake of those whose faith in Jesus - as God - might be shaken by what was being said here. I believe - by God's grace - I have given them encouragement. I agree with you that truth is one, however I want to add that truth is not something you fight to establish. It fights for itself.

At this point I recall how Jesus handled those who never believed him while he was on earth. He would always preach with an open heart to those who believed but would be elusive to those who didn't - often answering their questions with questions of his own or referring them to scriptures. They were the ones who always came asking all sorts of quuestions. Several times when they tried to kill him, he escaped. At the trial, he stood, almost speechless, when all sorts of accusations were being levelled against him. He knew they couldn't see the truth because they had blocked their minds. He knew nothing he said would change their minds.

Abraham said in a parable given by Jesus: if they dont hear Moses and the prophets, they will not hear even if someone rises from the dead and tells them.

Jesus resurrected and instead of believing, they lied that his disciples came to steal his body.

Isaiah said he shall be called "mighty God"

Matthew 28: 9 says: , and they came and beheld his feet and worshipped him.

John said "the word was God".

Acts 7: 59 says: "and calling upon God, and saying Lord Jesus, receive my spirit".

Romans 9:5 says: "according to the flesh is the Christ, who is God over all".

2nd Peter 1:1 says: in the righteousness of our God and saviour, Jesus Christ.

Now what is Italo going to say that will make you believe?

But its okay, not everyone should believe.

I know Jesus is my God. That is enough for me.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
I can't Imagine God using a toilet. That is enough for me.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 7:42am On Jul 29, 2010
No be small thing wooooo shocked

vedaxcool:

I can't Imagine God using a toilet. That is enough for me.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
Well I can.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by seyibrown(f): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2010
Isaiah 63 v 5 : 'I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me.'

There was nobody to save us; God did it himself. He came down in human form, leaving all his glory behind, to conquer sin and death. That is why today we can have true peace in knowledge of the truth that has set us free, inspite of all the evil and opression around us.

I Corinthians 1 v 18 : 'The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.'

The message of the cross is about the salvation brought to mankind by Jesus' death and resurrection. Those whose hearts are hardened against the message will not understand it. Those who seek to understand will do. If they wish, they can access the salvation that is available through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2010
@OP
Food for thought =>

We almost never get to see REALITY,

What we see is a REFLECTION of it in the form of words, concepts and arguments,

Which we then PROCEED to take for reality,

The world we live in is mostly a MENTAL CONSTRUCT . . .
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nopuqeater: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2010
@Italo: « #147 on: July 27, 2010, 03:03 PM »
I was never trying to convert you. The only reason I got on this thread is for the sake of those whose faith in Jesus - as God - might be shaken by what was being said here. I believe - by God's grace - I have given them encouragement. I agree with you that truth is one, however I want to add that truth is not something you fight to establish. It fights for itself.

At this point I recall how Jesus handled those who never believed him while he was on earth. He would always preach with an open heart to those who believed but would be elusive to those who didn't - often answering their questions with questions of his own or referring them to scriptures. They were the ones who always came asking all sorts of quuestions. Several times when they tried to kill him, he escaped. At the trial, he stood, almost speechless, when all sorts of accusations were being levelled against him. He knew they couldn't see the truth because they had blocked their minds. He knew nothing he said would change their minds.

Abraham said in a parable given by Jesus: if they dont hear Moses and the prophets, they will not hear even if someone rises from the dead and tells them.
Was Abraham talking about Jesus? Hardly. If you say he was, then bring your clear proof, as daylight is clearly identified from Night time. You have no evidence.

Jesus resurrected and instead of believing, they lied that his disciples came to steal his body.
You have no proof that he was dead. From all indication, at best he collapsed; typical of human who had suffered so much punishment in a single period. Afterall, he prayed to God, Eloi. If Eloi refused to accept his prayer, then it is evidential that he was not even a prophet of God. God always accept the prayers of His Messengers, and prophets. He never rejected any of their prayers, that He allowed them to make. He knows before they do. Remember? Read what Jesus said about God, then about himself. He said he does not know the future. He used the end of time to illustrate it.

Isaiah said he shall be called "mighty God"
Show us a place Jesus was called this.

Matthew 28: 9 says: , and they came and beheld his feet and worshipped him.
They made him into an idol. Thats idolatry. Did he say he was their God, or did he say their Lord is also his own Lord Who is One God for all?

John's opinion. God existed before the Bible said God spoke any word. The God that existed before time is the True God. Jesus aint it.

[uote]Acts 7: 59 says: "and calling upon God, and saying Lord Jesus, receive my spirit".
[/quote]And the Bible said Jesus cried out; my God (Eloi), twice. Who is lying here; Jesus or the Bible writer of Acts 7;59? The evidence is clear.

[quote]Romans 9:5 says: "according to the flesh is the Christ, who is God over all".
Jesus said he was a servant sent by God. Who is the liar; the Bible writers or Jesus? The evidence is clear.

Wishful statement of fallacy. What did Jesus say about himself; a servant of God. Who is lying, once more?

Now what is Italo going to say that will make you believe?

But its okay, not everyone should believe.
When Italo finally listens to Jesus statement; the servant sent by God Almighty Eloi. I guess that will not happen because Italo is stuck in a neutral of fallacies.

Belief a lie. Thats enough for you.

@seyibrown (f): « #151 on: Today at 04:51:17 PM »
Isaiah 63 v 5 : 'I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me.'
Was Jesus mentioned, here or you put your own two bits and come up with an answer to satisfy your desire? Show us Jesus in there. It could have been anyone at all; a lay person; male or female or any prophet for that matter after Isaiah said it. It could have been Isaiah himself.

There was nobody to save us; God did it himself. He came down in human form, leaving all his glory behind, to conquer sin and death. That is why today we can have true peace in knowledge of the truth that has set us free, inspite of all the evil and opression around us.
And Jesus said; God is in Heavens, in the Lord's prayer. Now explain how the Jesus was on earth, saying that he was a servant sent by God in Heaven in now that God?

I Corinthians 1 v 18 : 'The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.'
The Corinthians writer is giving his own opinion, without any proof, because Jesus said he was a servant of God. How is the servant from his own mouth now the Master from youer own mouth and desire?

The message of the cross is about the salvation brought to mankind by Jesus' death and resurrection. Those whose hearts are hardened against the message will not understand it. Those who seek to understand will do. If they wish, they can access the salvation that is available through Jesus Christ our Lord.
How is a servant who said of my own power, I can do nothing, is now the Lord?

@imhotep« #152 on: Today at 08:59:55 PM »
@OP
Food for thought =>
We almost never get to see REALITY,
What we see is a REFLECTION of it in the form of words, concepts and arguments,
Which we then PROCEED to take for reality,
The world we live in is mostly a MENTAL CONSTRUCT . . .
mostly. not 100%. So there is a possibility for some reality.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2010
@nopuqeater GREAT WORK
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Pimpu(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2010

PURE FALLACY JOHN NEVER SAID THAT
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 8:43am On Jul 30, 2010
LISTEN NOW TO PETER'S TESTIMONY:

"Ye men of Israel hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, A MAN approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which[b] GOD DID BY HIM[/b] in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know." ACTS 2:22
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2010
When Italo finally listens to Jesus statement; the servant sent by God Almighty Eloi. I guess that will not happen because Italo is stuck in a neutral of fallacies.

Alright, in the interest of peace, I agree, I'm "stuck in a neutral of fallacies" as you say.

Belief a lie. Thats enough for you.

I also agree. But that lie is my life. Thank you.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by italo: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2010
Pimpu:

PURE FALLACY JOHN NEVER SAID THAT

Okay, John never said that. His words were twisted.

Romans 9:5 says: "according to the flesh is the Christ, who is God over all".

Paul's words too were twisted.

Peter's words too were twisted.

The only parts of the Bible that weren't twisted are the ones that say 'Jesus is the servant of God'.

I agree with you.**smiling**.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Enigma(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2010
@ italo

Well done for holding firm even though it seems hardly worth it with your 'opponents'! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Christ Embassy In Edo Built A Police Station (Pictures / Biodun Fatoyinbo: Nigeria's Most Stylish Pastor? (Photos) / Prophet Caught Bathing Man Inside A Native Basket At A Junction In Ekiti. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.