Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. (5254 Views)

Is This Body Count Too Much For A 35 years Old Lady? / This Will Be My 8th Abortion, He Is Sweeter Skin To Skin, Am 21 Years Old / My Pre-Wedding Pictures, I Am 21 Years, While She Is 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 15, 2018
I am 21 years old and I am in a relationship with a 40 years old man.
He says he is ready to settle down any moment from now.

I am happy with that because we love each other.
Do you think the age difference is too much?

Will it affect me or my partner?
Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Olalan(m): 8:07am On Apr 15, 2018
Hope you are emotionally and mentally ready to go into marriage and you're sure you aren't carried away by the things the man gives to you at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by AstroG: 8:19am On Apr 15, 2018
Sista Wehdone,
You for tell Us say your inlove wit Ur Daddy's Age mate
How Can You be Inlove wit A Man Of 40years undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by ikbnice(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2018
Without doubt, the man is wealthy and now marriage is scaring you. When you were doing the do, you didn't think about age difference. Now, it is we nairalanders who should decide for you.

5 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Kobicove(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2018
So long as you are mature and emotionally ready then I don't see any problems undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2018
Is she sure its not for the mulla cheesy?

2 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Safiaa(f): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2018
Don’t listen to these men above please.

If you are ready to settle down now, although I think you should wait some years then go ahead and get married. Most guys your age are not ready for any commitment, it’s rare to come by. There’s nothing wrong with dating an older man, my current is 37 and I’m 23. Good luck!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy You dey burst my brain, 14 years gap
Safiaa:

If you are ready to settle down now, although I think you should wait some years then go ahead and get married. Most guys your age are not ready for any commitment, it’s rare to come by. There’s nothing wrong with dating an older man, my current is 37 and I’m 23. Good luck!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by GoldenWhyte(f): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa ehn. Your brain dey there

1 Like

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by GoldenWhyte(f): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2018
Pls listen to this lady called Safiaa. She's a serious minded lady. Apart from the age difference, does he treat you right? He respects you as a woman, listens to your opinion and does not throw your age in your face in a bid to discredit your opinion? Is he responsible i.e. has a decent job or business, is focused and not vain? Do you love him too and respect him?

If yes to all above, then pls settle down with him. Most of these boys in town parading as men between ages 25 & 30 are vain and are only looking for women to chop and run. And then, there are lots of females who gets the best shots for good partner at your age bracket. When they miss it, they have no option but to settle for less. I hope that's not your case.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by SoapQueen(f): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2018
predmine20:
I am 21 years old and I am in a relationship with a 40 years old man.
He says he is ready to settle down any moment from now.

I am happy with that because we love each other.
Do you think the age difference is too much?

Will it affect me or my partner?

Hello dear,
Does he love you? Care about you? Are you emotionally stable enough to start having babies? Your partner, does he use his age as an avenue to scold you and treat you like a child? Have you noticed any obsessive-controlling streak in him?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in this kind of relationship. If you love him and he feels thesame way about you. Carry go.

To all of you saying she is dating the man because of money? Why are you all fond of saying that? People fall in love because they are in LOVE. Everything isn't about money, or giving money in exchange for favors.

Op. All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Safiaa(f): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2018
Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Safiaa(f): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2018
Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by MISEDUCATIONS: 9:06am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa:

#respect.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Jamie90(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2018
sad

That is pure fuckkery.

What did a man of 40 see in a girl of 21 years old.

Except, of course, if he looks 30 and you look 25.

I personally think the age gap is too much.

If he looks like a 40yr old and you dare get married to him, people will see it as a sign of desperation.

Besides, if he does wrong, how can you correct someone whom by standards, you should be calling BROS

He even said he is ready to settle down any moment from now grin

Same statement we use to bleep the cleanest pusssies in town.

Op, something tells me that he only wants to chop and clean mouth. He is probably married or in a serious relationship with someone older

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by mikejj(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2018
grin if it is true dear ho ahead...if he didn't buy your love,if you are not loving him for what he has go ahead??hop he is a single man.

1 Like

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by SoapQueen(f): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2018
Jamie90:
sad

That is pure fuckkery.

What did a man of 40 see in a girl of 21 year old.

If he looks like a 40yr old and you dare get married to him, people will see it as a sign of desperation.

Besides, if he does wrong, how can you correct someone whom by standards, you should be calling BROS

"What will people say?" This statement is the bane of humanity.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Safiaa(f): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2018
Jamie90:
sad

That is pure fuckkery.

What did a man of 40 see in a girl of 21 years old.

Who cares about what people think? Those people that will condemn her now are the same people that will laugh at her when she’s 32 and still single. Most men look younger than their age and if she mentally prepared for commitment then so be it. She’s 21, she’s not a child she’s legal in all parts of the world. Let her be please. Not to waste her young life chasing chewing gum boys that will use her and discard her, she’s found a man who is willing to take her very serious. They both seem to be in love, what is the problem here?

5 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2018
Love conquers all right?

1 Like

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by prechbills1(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa:
Who cares about what people think? Those people that will condemn her now are the same people that will laugh at her when she’s 32 and still single. Most men look younger than their age and if she mentally prepared for commitment then so be it. She’s 21, she’s not a child she’s legal in all parts of the world. Let her be please. Not to waste her young life chasing chewing gum boys that will use her and discard her, she’s found a man who is willing to take her very serious. They both seem to be in love, what is the problem here?

aren't you the same bitch who said I'm marrying a sugar mummy because my fianceè is 5years older than me? undecided

any lady who gets married to a man that's older than her is a disgrace and married to a sugar daddy..

behave sensible undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by prechbills1(m): 9:25am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa:

same lady who said I'm gonna be a house boy and getting married to a sugar mummy because my fiance is 5years older than me yet your bf or whatever is 14years older than you undecided

you always sound stupid undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by highpriestess: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2018
nothing wrong my dear,all these small small boys will come here to insult you.
there's nothing wrong with being in a serious relationship with someone that has plans for you not all these small small boys that are playing with ladies feelings.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by havilla(f): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2018
He is too old for you, don’t think about now think about the future. When you are a 31 year old young lady he is already 50 years old and his sex drive would have already gone down compared to yours coupled with the fact that He would look like your father when he starts aging soo much in comparison to you, he probably wants a young girl to boss around.

My dear so much disadvantages to you and advantages for him, your better off growing with a younger guy who still has energy to run after your kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2018
GoldenWhyte:
Pls listen to this lady called Safiaa. She's a serious minded lady. Apart from the age difference, does he treat you right? He respects you as a woman, listens to your opinion and does not throw your age in your face in a bid to discredit your opinion? Is he responsible i.e. has a decent job or business, is focused and not vain? Do you love him too and respect him?

If yes to all above, then pls settle down with him. Most of these boys in town parading as men between ages 25 & 30 are vain and are only looking for women to chop and run. And then, there are lots of females who gets the best shots for good partner at your age bracket. When they miss it, they have no option but to settle for less. I hope that's not your case.

Shey to ""chop and run"" na crime ni?

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by prechbills1(m): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2018
havilla:
He is too old for you, don’t think about now think about the future. When you are a 31 year old young lady he is already 50 years old and his sex drive would have already gone down compared to yours coupled with the fact that He would look like your father when he starts aging soo much in comparison to you, he probably wants a young girl to boss around.

My dear so much disadvantages to you and advantages for him, your better off growing with a younger guy who still has energy to run after your kids.

cool.. funny thing is some ladies supporting her here said I'm gonna turn into a house boy, I'm marrying a sugar mummy and I won't be head of the house because she's just 5years older than me.

who head of house help?

very stupid set of people undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2018
SoapQueen:

Hello dear,
Does he love you? Care about you? Are you emotionally stable enough to start having babies? Your partner, does he use his age as an avenue to scold you and treat you like a child? Have you noticed any obsessive-controlling streak in him?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in this kind of relationship. If you love him and he feels thesame way about you. Carry go.

To all of you saying she is dating the man because of money? Why are you all fond of saying that? People fall in love because they are in LOVE. Everything isn't about money, or giving money in exchange for favors.

Op. All the best.

Everything is not about money, true, but everything about a Nigerian girl is about money. Nigerian girls are the only set of people that will never love you because you're a human being, it's about what they get. So it's either they are loving you because of your money (most times) or they are loving you cos of your academic qualifications. SMH for 9ja girls

2 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Safiaa(f): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2018
prechbills1:

same lady who said I'm gonna be a house boy and getting married to a sugar mummy because my fiance is 5years older than me yet your bf or whatever is 14years older than you undecided

you always sound stupid undecided
men and women are not the same. Get that into your thick skull, ode. You are marrying a woman who has more than you, financially, she’s older than you and she controls you. She has you wrapped around her finger and you’re brainwashed by the lifestyle she provides for you. Honey, your own case is a different story entirely. You need Jesus, Jehovah jireh to touch your life

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Jamie90(m): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa:

Babes see, I judge from what I have seen so far around me.

Most older men tend not to acknowledge their wife's advice. They see it as chidish and therefore, shouldn't be considered.

At 21, I am sure she is still very much dependent on her parents for all her needs. If she were to get married now, she would be immediately welcomed to the bandwagon of wailers who bemoan about how they are been treated like trash by their husbands.

My advice is this: get married to someone whom
Literally you can sit down and talk some sense into, and not someone who probably still sees you as a child.

I know you are in the same kind of situation, but yours is not as as severe hers

6 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by lenghtinny(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa:

Are you not the same person condemning prechbills relationship because his fiance is 5 years older meanwhile yours is 14 years older.
So much for double standards angry ( The age gap thingy is right for girls but wrong for guys)

What makes you think that she's ready for commitment due to the fact that it's the man that wants to settle down because of his age, and not because she's very old for marriage

6 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by prechbills1(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2018
Safiaa:
men and women are not the same. Get that into your thick skull, ode. You are marrying a woman who has more than you, financially, she’s older than you and she controls you. She has you wrapped around her finger and you’re brainwashed by the lifestyle she provides for you. Honey, your own case is a different story entirely. You need Jesus, Jehovah jireh to touch your life

even Jesus can't deliver you from this your fake life and stupidity...

poor clown, you think every lady out there reason like you undecided

see a lady that said she's living in the UK.. no be only UK, girl that has never boarded a plane before..

broke asshole..
your bf is older than you, providing for you and he controls you. and you're here saying trash..

mehn, even dogs reason better than you..

I rest my case undecided

go make money and match my standards..
broke modafućker

3 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 15, 2018
Love covers everything

2 Likes

Re: I Am 21 Years Old Lady In A Relationship With A 40 Years Old Man. by Safiaa(f): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2018
lenghtinny:

Are you not the same person condemning prechbills relationship because his fiance is 5 years older meanwhile yours is 14 years older.
So much for double standards angry ( The age gap thingy is right for girls but wrong for guys)

What makes you think that she's ready for commitment due to the fact that it's the man that wants to settle down because of his age, and not because she's very old for marriage
life is always about double standards, men and women are not the same. Deal with it. Women marry older, men marry younger. My main concern is not even the age gap between them,, but the pitiful dynamic of their relationship. Read through that thread properly.

That’s why I said if she’s ready she should get married. If not then she should wait for a few years before she settles down. Jeez. Dyslexia maybe?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Spend So Much Time Chasing Women They Don’t Plan To Wife Up? / Is It Compulsory To Kneel Down,while Asking Your Fiancé's Hand In Marriage? / Photo: Can Ladies Ever Stop Doing This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.