Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (46408 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Shoe Shining Empowerment In Borno / Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment / Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by musa234(m): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
sweetrace:
All these politicians trying to tell the public what they want to hear. Nigerian youths are extremely lazy. Silverbird owned by Bruce is a perfect example of their laziness. I haven't been to a cinema with toilets as dirty as the ones in the galleria. You can smell the toilets from the corridor. Meanwhile a number of youths are employed to keep these clean. Youths who are most often gisting.

Yahoo boys�� slay queens and kings��blackmailers are all examples of laziness. There are no jobs is the usual cry. But the truth is that there are so many jobs. Our slay queens and kings just think these jobs are beneath them. They want instafame and instamoney.

Our slay kings won't work on farms. Their grandfathers have land in the village that is overrun by weeds simply because no one will touch them. Farming isn't a white collar job.

They pile up in one room in Lagos looking for one dubious opportunity that will require NO effort.

They are respectful when they smell
money. They spend the day grumbling and mocking. Our kings and queens o�� kindly create jobs o. They refuse. They have first degrees. Some not all. They forget that a degree is supposed to open your mind. As in change the quality of your mind. Make it better so that you can be a responsible and productive member of society.
How dare your generalise! Do you know what ordinary Nigerians go through on a daily basis? Maybe you had the opportunity to scale through doesn't mean you should look down on others, I'm disappointed
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
musa234:
How dare your generalise! Do you know what ordinary Nigerians go through on a daily basis? Maybe you had the opportunity to scale through doesn't mean you should look down on others, I'm disappointed

You dey mind dat mumu? sad See, I don't blame him or her. Anyone with cheap data and miniscule common sense, can say what they like on NL. It is the schools they attended whose tutors failed to impart critical thinking skills into their brains, that I blame. Or maybe those schools actually tried to teach them, but they simply failed to grasp it. Who knows?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
[b][/b]I have never like this president but now he is telling the truth. Not only are the youths lazy we nigerians are generally lazy that is the 100% truth. We go to other countries do well in their schools and then want to do crime that is why a lot of companies have left nigeria. Nigerian people do not want to work all we want is government job sit down and collect money at the end of the month without doing anything. That is why people are not investing in the country. Nigerians go and invest in other countries because of are behaviour. Anybody which is doing something we get jealous and send him to build another country. Because we are lazy do not want progress.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by LegDoLand: 12:32am On Apr 20, 2018
sweetrace:

That's okay by me. I have never campaigned do Buhari. I don't think he has the capacity the rule this country. However what he said about the youth is the plain truth. Let's stop being sentimental. When you accept that there's a problem only then can you seek a solution.

I have read your submissions all along and all i can say is that your assertions are very wrong and biased. You speak only from the social media handle. Why not take a walk to tje nearest market and see our youths hustling. Go to the factories and see youths hustling. Even in the traffic gridlocks, under harsh weather conditions, our youths have not relented in the hustles. Right now, i have a handful of youths in my church pleading that i should help them search for something to keep busy.

Even talking about Social Media perspective upon which you have hinged your views, some of those "instakings and instaqueens" actually sell something (legit product/service and not their bodies). I have a dozen of them on my facebook friendlist who are into make-up venture or sell related kits and fashion items, alongside their slaying career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by RealityShot: 1:21am On Apr 20, 2018
laudate:

Soft loans? shocked Who did they provide those soft loans, to? Ghosts or aliens??
Northern RICE farmers.. Who are packaging local rice as imported!

No soft loan for cocoa farmers of palm farmers....
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 1:29am On Apr 20, 2018
RealityShot:
Northern RICE farmers.. Who are packaging local rice as imported!

No soft loan for cocoa farmers of palm farmers....

How shameful! shocked sad
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 2:42am On Apr 20, 2018
LegDoLand:

I have read your submissions all along and all i can say is that your assertions are very wrong and biased. You speak only from the social media handle. Why not take a walk to tje nearest market and see our youths hustling. Go to the factories and see youths hustling. Even in the traffic gridlocks, under harsh weather conditions, our youths have not relented in the hustles. Right now, i have a handful of youths in my church pleading that i should help them search for something to keep busy.

Even talking about Social Media perspective upon which you have hinged your views, some of those "instakings and instaqueens" actually sell something (legit product/service and not their bodies). I have a dozen of them on my facebook friendlist who are into make-up venture or sell related kits and fashion items, alongside their slaying career.

You're absolutely right. We have young people who struggle to survive on a daily basis. At the same time we have so many who are all talk. I am saying this from personal experience. I have met those who'll say they are ready to do anything. First day on the job and its � I have tried sponsoring others. Paid for the agency registration and transportation. Only for them to get from an interview with a that job isn't right for me. My opinion is that as long as it isn't a marketing job or something illegal they can start from somewhere.
A graduate actually told me she wanted a job with a white man. So until then I was supposed to keep on taking care of her. I stopped and she became a slay queen.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 2:47am On Apr 20, 2018
musa234:

Abeg don't be disappointed o. I am actually talking from personal experience. There are those who genuinely want an opportunity to excell. But I have come across too many people who throw away good opportunities.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 2:49am On Apr 20, 2018
deltaisgreat:
so sad that you and your likes are such a lazy and illiterate zombie youth Buhari was referring to. As for me and my other fellow Nigeria youths who has refused to remain APC zombie, we are hard working and educated . Case close

Congratulations
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by dasparrow: 4:03am On Apr 20, 2018
I noticed that each time Buhari goes to England and has an opportunity to speak about the country he is president of, he never has anything positive to say. The other time, Buhari told the press in England that Nigeria is corrupt. Now he is busy telling them that Nigerian youths are lazy.

I have never seen a president that enjoys bad mouthing the country and the citizens he leads like Buhari. Its almost like, Buhari has a love-hate relationship with the country Nigeria. No wonder he is always running to England every chance he gets. He doesn't like it in Nigeria.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ariesbull: 4:05am On Apr 20, 2018
dasparrow:
I noticed that each time Buhari goes to England and has an opportunity to speak about the country he is president of, he never has anything positive to say. The other time, Buhari told the press in England that Nigeria is corrupt. Now he is busy telling them that Nigerian youths are lazy.

I have never seen a president that enjoys bad mouthing the country and the citizens he leads like Buhari. Its almost like, Buhari has a love-hate relationship with the country Nigeria. No wonder he is always running to England every chance he gets. He doesn't like it in Nigeria.

The question is that is he a Nigerian...let start from there then we can ask is he saying the truth and what is wrong with truth
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ariesbull: 4:06am On Apr 20, 2018
sweetrace:

Abeg don't be disappointed o. I am actually talking from personal experience. There are those who genuinely want an opportunity to excell. But I have come across too many people who throw away good opportunities.
You know that when it was allegedly said that Nigerian youths like freebies and lazy in UK by Buhari. One thing that came to my mind that the president is very correct and true. The Nigerian youth is lazy and like freebies

And the baba is talking about those that voted him and he knows that they are lazy and welfarist in nature. The people that voted him or shouted sai baba the more are in North East and West ...the. Here in South we know that it is in South West tagg they voted for him. The south east are 5% and their Niger Delta cousins. And we know that these groups also aren't lazy !

So I think we should stop blaming Buhari for his statement and own up to the gospel truth . Baba is right on laziness . We must always learn to take the message and forget the messenger.

Buhari for 2019
Vote for truth
Vote for the real deal
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 20, 2018
SMH, How lazy your are to think Idiomatic expressions are insults.!!!

When I see you face to face, don't guise under social media and be ranting

sweetrace:

This what I am talking about. You're to lazy to think so you resort to insults. You try o. I can't speak for American youths because I am right here in Nigeria.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Celsony: 7:16am On Apr 20, 2018
laudate:

Soft loans? shocked Who did they provide those soft loans, to? Ghosts or aliens??

To ghost i think, Remember that he appointed dead people as ministers, so i think d soft loan is for them [/i]

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 8:14am On Apr 20, 2018
sean079:

You work for yourself right? those guys working for you, how much do u pay them as salary? Let me tell you this!! any job in that country that the starting salary is below 50k aint job to stress about because i know for sure that you too will reject it if you are sincere with yourself. I always weep anytime i pass by and i see young people hawking items along the highways cos these are young souls that need to be engage in meaningful prospect with good salary reward but everyday are wasting away. There was a thread about a young soul selling pure water in ABU, will you call that lazy? do u know how many youth are leaving this country on daily basis to do demeaning job in Europe cos of the good salary reward over-there? well u can go confirm that at the airport

I agree with you that any salary less than fifty is no salary. As for graduates traveling out to do demeaning jobs because they are better paid�� I think they should not. Nothing stops them from doing the jobs here. I used to watch a show some years back that showcased the rags to riches stories of some prominent Nigerians. I remember a guy who started by washing his neighbors clothes. He did this with diligence. He did this differently. His fame spread by word of mouth. Today he owns a big dry cleaning outfit. He is an employer of labor.
Laziness is not only a physical thing. It can be of the mind.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
Buhari said the youths are claiming that they should get "housing, healthcare, education for free." First of all, this statement is myopic. I do not know how many of our youth get housing, healthcare, education for free, in this day and age. shocked

Secondly, all over the world, you would discover that every single country has a population that is made up of the good, the bad and the ugly. sad Their youth are made up of hardworking, focused and educated groups, as well as the hardworking, and active ones, who might be uneducated. Both of them struggle to make a living, going out of their way to offer goods, services, brains, skills and brawn in an honest manner, using fair trade practices to eke out a daily living, in order to put food on their tables and those of their families. undecided

Alongside them are deviants who want something for nothing, who are obsessed with getting rich overnight, and have a false sense of entitlement. angry Thank goodness those in this group, are the minority. They are the touts, area boys, scammers and crooks who form the bulk of criminal gangs, worldwide. They can be found in every state, city, country and ethnic group. undecided

In nations with an active, well-equipped honest police force, their criminality is checked, before it gets out of control. sad In countries with inefficient security agencies, they infiltrate the security network and become partners in crime, with the agencies expected to bring them to book. The end result is an underground network of criminality, that is insidious and perverts the course of justice. angry

Buhari's crime was that he lumped all these different groups together, and failed to distinguish between the good and the bad. He tarred the good, innocent, hardworking ones with the humiliating brush of insults, for the sins of the lazy, criminally-minded ones. For that, he needs to apologise and make amends. sad Don't ask me how such ammends would be made. His spin doctors should be able to come up with something new, to assuage the souls of the millions of honest youth, whose good name and reputation Buhari dragged in the mud with his words, before the international world.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Obdk: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
softprick:
Let this Ijaw albino shut the hell up,since he became senator what has he achieved to the Ijaw nation,to Bayelsans?him and bubu should be jailed because they are both doing nothing.

lazy Nigerian youth.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Obdk: 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
specter:
But PMB did not lie na. He is simply stating the obvious.

When a nation of approximately 180m with 60% educated youth decides to vote in a president who contested election with NEPA Bill as school certificate with Crystal clear anticdent of bad leadership(1983-1985) based on mere propaganda and vain promises, are they educated?

If a primary drop is able to con/scam a class with Profs, Drs, M.sc and first degree holders, will the former ever truly believe that the later are educated?

Well your guess is as good as mine.

And you still find some educated persons defending the uneducated conman.

Na wah for my country.

lazy shithole youths
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by softprick: 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
Obdk:

lazy Nigerian youth.

Your papa
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Obdk: 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
softprick:

Your papa
e pain dis afonja lazy shit hole youth
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by REBREED(m): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mr President owes no one no appology! Yes a youths has got to hustle! So if its getting to u den u know u are actually lazy and u are d ones being referred to,
-
Bible says work whilst its day night cometh wen no man can work!
-
If u be hustler like me it won't pain u! only d actually lazy na dem e dey pain
-
The average southeasten youth will careless, cos dem are hustlers! But d south south youths will wanna die! cos most of dem are actually lazy! dey sit and rely on "Papa's Land"
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ofeshe(m): 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
sweetrace:
All these politicians trying to tell the public what they want to hear. Nigerian youths are extremely lazy. Silverbird owned by Bruce is a perfect example of their laziness. I haven't been to a cinema with toilets as dirty as the ones in the galleria. You can smell the toilets from the corridor. Meanwhile a number of youths are employed to keep these clean. Youths who are most often gisting.

Yahoo boys�� slay queens and kings��blackmailers are all examples of laziness. There are no jobs is the usual cry. But the truth is that there are so many jobs. Our slay queens and kings just think these jobs are beneath them. They want instafame and instamoney.

Our slay kings won't work on farms. Their grandfathers have land in the village that is overrun by weeds simply because no one will touch them. Farming isn't a white collar job.

They pile up in one room in Lagos looking for one dubious opportunity that will require NO effort.

They are respectful when they smell
money. They spend the day grumbling and mocking. Our kings and queens o�� kindly create jobs o. They refuse. They have first degrees. Some not all. They forget that a degree is supposed to open your mind. As in change the quality of your mind. Make it better so that you can be a responsible and productive member of society.

Hanty u re talking rubbish
How many percent of educated youths make up the slay mama and king u cited as an example? Most of the insta whatever u blabbling about are mostly students still hustling in one way or the other to make ends meet. The idiot man insulted u and i and all u cud do is to use ur hard earn data to come online to defend him. Ur mumu never do abi
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ofeshe(m): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by softprick: 12:20am On Apr 21, 2018
Obdk:

e pain dis afonja
lazy shit hole youth

Suck your mama
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 12:45am On Apr 21, 2018
ofeshe:

Hanty u re talking rubbish
How many percent of educated youths make up the slay mama and king u cited as an example? Most of the insta whatever u blabbling about are mostly students still hustling in one way or the other to make ends meet. The idiot man insulted u and i and all u cud do is to use ur hard earn data to come online to defend him. Ur mumu never do abi

Huncle I don't converse with rude people. You could have couched your words better.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Obdk: 7:45am On Apr 21, 2018
softprick:

Suck your mama
morally depraved yoruba slave. lazy Nigerian yoot..
sshitholer
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by softprick: 9:04am On Apr 21, 2018
Obdk:

morally depraved yoruba slave. lazy Nigerian yoot..

sshitholer

You are the lazy one here junior you keep mentioning me as if you are begging for alm,get off my Igbo diccck you fagg
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Obdk: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
softprick:

You are the lazy one here junior you keep mentioning me as if you are begging for alm,get off my Igbo diccck you fagg

pained lazy Nigerian yoot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Receives Governor Aregbesola And Oyetola After Apc's Victory. Photos / James Ibori, Dangote, Oshiomhole, Jonathan At The Burial Of Mrs. Anenih In Edo / Peter Obi's Supporter Shares Posters, Caps And T-shirts To Northerners (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.