Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (33314 Views)

MEN!! Run From H0es With This Particular Attribute! She Will Ruin You!! (photos) / Run From These 7 Deadly Sins, In Fact Flee / Why Do Men Run Away From Women After Having Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Safiaa(f): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
IamD18:

There's a thin line between "What can you offer" and "What do you want"

You quoted my comment where I asked "What can you offer a man?" and not "What do you want?"

I didn't ask you what you want from a man, I asked what can you offer?

Stop derailing from the point, you aren't smart enough to succeed with that to me.

Answer the comment you quoted.

What can you offer a rich man?

People are viewing, don't let them down, don't derail, be brave.
Question not answered. Simple question, with a simple answer. Ask them what they want, they derail. We only offer one thing, but what else do you value? What you seek is what you shall find. Women always make it clear to men what they want, we want providers. I don’t go up to men asking them what they offer, I know what I want and if they don’t have it, on to the next one. The truth is that you sincerely don’t know what you want, you value the so called borehole in between a woman’s legs more than anything else in your life. What do women offer? What do women offer? If a woman starts giving you money now, she’s intimidating and she’s emasculating you. If a woman provides sex she is useless and that’s all she offers. If a woman is there to support you emotionally and she’s alway there she is overbearing. Confused beings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by sheffy87: 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
Safiaa:
Question not answered. Simple question, with a simple answer. Ask them what they want, they derail. We only offer one thing, but what else do you value? What you seek is what you shall find. Women always make it clear to men what they want, we want providers. I don’t go up to men asking them what they offer, I know what I want and if they don’t have it, on to the next one. The truth is that you sincerely don’t know what you want, you value the so called borehole in between a woman’s legs more than anything else in your life. What do women offer? What do women offer? If a woman starts giving you money now, she’s intimidating and she’s emasculating you. If a woman provides sex she is useless and that’s all she offers. If a woman is there to support you emotionally and she’s alway there she is overbearing. Confused beings.

slow down babe!!!!! no be all men b pussy ass nigga!!!! take chill pill!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by IamD18: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
Safiaa:
[s] Question not answered. Simple question, with a simple answer. Ask them what they want, they derail. We only offer one thing, but what else do you value? What you seek is what you shall find. Women always make it clear to men what they want, we want providers. I don’t go up to men asking them what they offer, I know what I want and if they don’t have it, on to the next one. The truth is that you sincerely don’t know what you want, you value the so called borehole in between a woman’s legs more than anything else in your life. What do women offer? What do women offer? If a woman starts giving you money now, she’s intimidating and she’s emasculating you. If a woman provides sex she is useless and that’s all she offers. If a woman is there to support you emotionally and she’s alway there she is overbearing. Confused beings. [/s]

Your epistle can't save you from this mistake you made by indulging yourself in an argment witth me.

You aren't smart to play me.

Now, lets clear ourselves.

Below is my comment you quoted!

IamD18:

What can you offer a rich man?

Absolutely nothing!

What then is holding you from answering the question in the comment?

Why embarrassing yourself just to sound smart? grin

Did I ask what women want from men?

My question was clear! What can you offer a rich man? grin

The question haaaarrrrrrdddd ooooooo grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Safiaa(f): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
IamD18:

Your epistle can't save you from this mistake you made by indulging yourself in an argment witth me.

You aren't smart to play me.

Now, lets clear ourselves.

Below is my comment you quoted!

What then is holding you from answering the question in the comment?

Why embarrassing yourself just to sound smart? grin

Did I ask what women want from men?

My question was clear! What can you offer a rich man? grin

The question haaaarrrrrrdddd ooooooo grin grin
This is the same question that all Nigerian men ask, it’s almost like a rhetorical question because you don’t even know what you want yourself. Confused beings, as if you’ll be going up to women asking what they offer. Is it not common sense to know what you want in a woman and seek for those things? Done quoting you, as this convo is not going anywhere. You’ve proved my point, you’re just the typical silly little naija pikin who’s confused and lost, just like the rest of them. Have a nice evening sir smiley
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Safiaa(f): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
It’s killing them that sex is the only thing they value. They don’t want to accept it, it’s not my fault. Change your mindset, change your type.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by IamD18: 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Safiaa:
This is the same question that all Nigerian men ask, it’s almost like a rhetorical question because you don’t even know what you want yourself. Confused beings, as if you’ll be going up to women asking what they offer. Is it not common sense to know what you want in a woman and seek for those things? Done quoting you, as this convo is not going anywhere. You’ve proved my point, you’re just the typical silly little naija pikin who’s confused and lost, just like the rest of them. Have a nice evening sir smiley

As usual, not surprised, foolish girls who can't even wash their pant will always quote me and run on this forum whenever they realize their foolishness. grin

She said men won't go round asking what a woman can offer, but her little fish brain couldn't allow her ask herself if women will go around asking men what they want. cheesy grin

A simple question that was asked, got her pained, upset, annoyed and disturbed. grin

Well, what do I expect, when the only thing you can offer is your smelling pussy to the society, why won't you be angry with my question. grin grin

C'omon will you get out of here!

Dummy! grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Positivepoint(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nigerian men are becoming lazy, just check out years past when they're being known to work hard and cater for their families.....but these days they don't want to work hard like their fathers did they're always after what the lady will contribute to the family forgetting that they're the head of the family and it's their duties to satisfy the needs of their wives.....bunch of lazy yahoo yahoo goat cool

Seems your in agreement with the president...ok continue
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nigerian men are becoming lazy, just check out years past when they're being known to work hard and cater for their families.....but these days they don't want to work hard like their fathers did they're always after what the lady will contribute to the family forgetting that they're the head of the family and it's their duties to satisfy the needs of their wives.....bunch of lazy yahoo yahoo goat cool
Don't forget u r a man behind that moniker and very soon u might transgender ursef

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Whinky23(m): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hmm...

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by larycoolboy: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by tosyne2much(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
You forgot to that that the increasing number of "afefeyeye" and "owambe" ladies is the reason why men don't want to marry

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by johnkey: 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
highpriestess:

Yes my dear.

they ain't worth the stress,some though.
if only you girls know the way pussy it free everywhere these days

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by johnkey: 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
highpriestess:

Yes my dear.

they ain't worth the stress,some though.
if only you girls know the way pussy is free everywhere these days
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by johnkey: 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Safiaa:
It’s killing them that sex is the only thing they value. They don’t want to accept it, it’s not my fault. Change your mindset, change your type.
when I'm toasting a girl all I think of is getting between her legs, not sure they can offer anything else than sex hmm.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by reuben79: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
(1)no wife materials...........no responsible man in Nigeria will marry person like cece
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
Is upsetgirl dating a mod? All her posts be hiting front page back to back.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by leoniel(m): 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
eezeribe:
Women are the ones who benefit more in a marriage.the only reason 11qqq1qq1qwhy God created them is to have sex with men and bear children.once a woman gets married,her destiny has been fulfilled on earth.most women are natural liabilities,so the least a man should take from them should be wife material and working class.I HEREBY AGREE WITH POINTS 1 & 4.
If a woman meets points 1 & 4,points 2,3,5,6 become inconsequential.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
All I know is.. I ain't gonna marry, whats the deal with fvcking pussy, I don't even like kids and I don't like the idea of living with a woman for the rest of my days.. Well the only girl who I loved has gone her way so loving another will be very hard, but in all, marriage still remains the greatest scam because love is just a mechanism put there for the human race to continue else without it we all will Just stay on our own, women are trash

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by kizyalex10(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
When it comes to romance, Nigerian men are known to be actively engaging. Apart from their culture of carrying the financial burden of relationship with women, they harness every opportunity to appeal to their lovers, be it on social-network sites, in their respective offices, religious organizations, clubs among others.
Now I'm going to list 6 reasons why Nigerian men run from marriage .mine is no 1 nd 6.especially as i have been gilted in d past.nd to make matters worst.i am nt always around.i can take dat during courtship but cheating after wedding?i cant take.nd with d rate infidelity is going.am dead scared.na nw i knw say women plenty but wives re few.very few.am nt perfect at all (but willing to work on my faults if pointed out by my partner)but there rr some compulsory ingridient required in marriage.but u see d most girls instead of working on dia faults.the will always say dat a man who loves them will take dem like dat .sleeping nd waking on internet while d babe is to be cared for.etc.even business or wrk.its well.God will see me(us through)

1. No wife materials
Common among some men is the reservation that there is scarcity of ‘wife-materials’ in Nigeria.

2. They get sex freely without marriage than in time past
Realizing now that they can get sex more easily than in times past, when ‘virginity’ for women was a pass value to marriage, some men now feel lot of women today have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

3. Nigeria weddings are expensive

In a country where a man is expected to marry a woman in three different kinds of wedding- Religious, Traditional and Court, the cost of marriage no doubt is something men find very intimidating. Presently the average Nigeria wedding cost something like N700,000 and the it goes upward from that to more unimaginable cost.

4. In search of a ‘working class’
Today, most Nigerian men are in search of a wife capable of sharing financial responsibilities with them. Gone are the days when men marry ‘full-house-wives’, the increasing cost of living has tilted most men in favor of ladies who have a means of livelihood and willing to share with their man, the burden of building a home.

5. Unrealistic Expectations from In-laws
Some parents have set certain standards for anyone who will marry their child, either way be it that such expectations are from the groom parent’s or bride, the regulations sometimes affect relationships.

6. Trust issues
Most times, people fear to get committed into a relationship because of trust issues. Some men have been bruised in their past relationships and therefore they don’t want to put themselves out there.

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Akalia(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
you are fool. Need I remind you that GOD created Eve as a help mate to Adam and not gold digger. Nigerian women benefit more from marriage if you don't know it.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by UDUJ(m): 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
When it comes to romance, Nigerian men are known to be actively engaging. Apart from their culture of carrying the financial burden of relationship with women, they harness every opportunity to appeal to their lovers, be it on social-network sites, in their respective offices, religious organizations, clubs among others.
Now I'm going to list 6 reasons why Nigerian men run from marriage

1. No wife materials
Common among some men is the reservation that there is scarcity of ‘wife-materials’ in Nigeria.

2. They get sex freely without marriage than in time past
Realizing now that they can get sex more easily than in times past, when ‘virginity’ for women was a pass value to marriage, some men now feel lot of women today have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

3. Nigeria weddings are expensive

In a country where a man is expected to marry a woman in three different kinds of wedding- Religious, Traditional and Court, the cost of marriage no doubt is something men find very intimidating. Presently the average Nigeria wedding cost something like N700,000 and the it goes upward from that to more unimaginable cost.

4. In search of a ‘working class’
Today, most Nigerian men are in search of a wife capable of sharing financial responsibilities with them. Gone are the days when men marry ‘full-house-wives’, the increasing cost of living has tilted most men in favor of ladies who have a means of livelihood and willing to share with their man, the burden of building a home.

5. Unrealistic Expectations from In-laws
Some parents have set certain standards for anyone who will marry their child, either way be it that such expectations are from the groom parent’s or bride, the regulations sometimes affect relationships.

6. Trust issues
Most times, people fear to get committed into a relationship because of trust issues. Some men have been bruised in their past relationships and therefore they don’t want to put themselves out there.

Okay TheUpsetGirl1 let me give you some inkling as to why most guys are scared of marriage:

Basically it could be the reason of independent decision making which is generally curbed after marriage.
A lot of responsibilities , tension ,anxiety creeps in to your mind as you have to make sure you handle everything efficiently which may lead to several health problems thereby decreasing your life span.

Men love to be carefree , absolutely free to do whatever they love to do , which is not possible after marriage for we become tied to our family and its members.

Also many a times there are chances of arguments, quarrels and domestic violence on account of mismatch of ideas, misunderstanding, clash of opinions, etc which disrupts the smooth running of life.

Life is short with an uncertain duration and no one knows what is going to happen with him in the next birth, so he wants to enjoy everything he wants to in this birth itself and tries to avoid marriage as much as possible.

Most of us view Marriage as a Mirage. Peace of mind goes after few days .You feel bonded ,and fall in a dilemma which you cannot share with anyone .

Your personality is shared , you loose your privacy .If your views are not common you develop contradictions.

If your mother develops contradiction with your wife there is another headache. If your wife has some male friend and you are not open minded you develop another psychological dilemma with what to do or not to do. If u have a female friend and you don’t tell your wife you have a guilty feeling and if your wife gets to know 95% of time her reaction will be negative.

If your wife does not conceive you become worried, if she becomes pregnant you remain worried till delivery. After delivery if your child has some handicap your whole life becomes hell. You worry about the family, the future, societal pressures to meet up etc etc.

The truth is, most of us feel this way when we have doubts about the partnership (who we are bonding for life with). Once there are no doubts we jump headfirst into marriage without thinking. We listen to no one and follow our hearts and the heart never fails. That's how you know you've found the right one. But the possibility of finding the right one these days is getting smaller and smaller sadly undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
eezeribe:
Guys please stop dating or marrying ladies from poor families.marry within your social class...

Best advise

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

you must be stupid, you changed your gender from female to male to say trash.
you don't know me in person, how did you know I'm working in a buiscuit factory? please don't get me angry this morning
...? Please...
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
He don't want to work hard but wants to stick to his gold digging attitude cheesy his name says it all cheesy
He doesn't...
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Emmayong360(m): 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
if you no like Nigerian men try others, una still dey talk of married American women dey talk of responsible baby papa which is like 10%
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Acidosis(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
They're not running from marriage, only waiting to attain the heights of loneliness.

Even those claiming "I don't like kids" will eventually come to realize that life isn't always about what you think you like, but what nature expects from you.

Have you seen any healthy and stable 50 year old man who has never been married? Give them time, they will eventually get married.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by oluwasegun007(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

Buhari school of thought spotted.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by emperormossad(m): 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
Chikita66:
Is upsetgirl dating a mod? All her posts be hiting front page back to back.

NL mods are broke. Now answer your question yourself

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
How about the fact that:

1. Most of them are not well bred. They lack basic responsibilities that a normal human being must be taught like how to respect your elders, how to respect women, how to take care of yourself and environment, how to show courtesy outside the home. Most males are raised to reason and act like animals. How on earth can they cope in marriage?

2. They are not given proper orientation of marriage neither are they raised to look forward to it just like the females. Because of this, they do not value marriage and the vows that comes with it as do the females.

3. They have a misguided sense of self entitlement. This has led many into thinking they are scarce commodities so therefore, they can linger around doing nothing while they have 1-7 women feeding and clothing them.

4. Most males are victims or witnesses of domestic violence. This is one of the reasons why a lot of males do not have a good relationship with their fathers who should have been a good role model to them. little wonder the young men think they would be horrible fathers. And yes, a lot of them end up repeating the virtuous circle.

Look around you, males are everywhere but very few of them are man enough to embrace the responsibilities that comes with marriage.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by crafteck(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
izzou:

This is the most deluded statement I've heard from a lady

So in marriage, you don't get sex freely baa? undecided Another trash as I expected

So gatemen, drivers, and people that work in the same biscuit factory with you don't have husbands and wives baa? Did they spend as much as 700k? Keep living in delusion

Well,this reason makes a little sense angry

Give an example of an unrealistic expectation or for ever lipsrsealed

You are talking about marriage. This means they must be in a relationship already. So how is the issue of trust here again.? Mtcheew angry

Good morning dear

smiley

You haven't disproved any of her points, you just disagreed with no reasons

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by kense88: 12:05am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
every woman can be useful to her boy friend or husband. Some are very productive and will build an empire with there man, but useless ones like you can only be used for money ritual. FACT!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by InvertedHammer: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2018
/
Marriage? In this 21st Century?

Why?!

If you must, stay away from any lady that seems to be into Jesus a lot in prayers, articles or speech. It is a bait! Once she sucks you into the bubble, the mask comes off and the real devil appears.
\

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Join My Whatsapp TV Strictly 18+ / 'thank You For Accepting My Request' Why Do Guys Say So To Ladies On Facebook? / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Onitsha Peter Obi Supporters' Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.