Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (33350 Views)

MEN!! Run From H0es With This Particular Attribute! She Will Ruin You!! (photos) / Run From These 7 Deadly Sins, In Fact Flee / Why Do Men Run Away From Women After Having Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Kjking(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2018
It is not enough that the president called us lazy, now our ladies are doing same.... Hmmm good thing I'm leaving this country... never to return
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Kjking(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2018
Safiaa:
It’s killing them that sex is the only thing they value. They don’t want to accept it, it’s not my fault. Change your mindset, change your type.
A time is coming and now is, when that thing you so praise in between your legs will be of no value no more.... little wonder why women were the once that kicked against the inception of sex dull... Dude asked a simple question what can you offer a rich man you are there beating round the bush, insulting men generally. my happiness is that your father is not a woman...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by arsenal33: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2018
highpriestess:
some of them are lazy bunch of retards.
stay away from them,better to be single than to marry a hell fire.

When someone else calls them lazy, you will protest
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by demarc001: 10:25am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nigerian men are becoming lazy, just check out years past when they're being known to work hard and cater for their families.....but these days they don't want to work hard like their fathers did they're always after what the lady will contribute to the family forgetting that they're the head of the family and it's their duties to satisfy the needs of their wives.....bunch of lazy yahoo yahoo goat cool

You made a valid point but yet the problem started when women started wanting every unnecessary thing (human hair, diamond ring, latest fashion in town, latest fast-food/joint etc) and wanting the men to work themselves to death (breading corruption, rituals etc) just to provide those things. Did all these build the good homes those days?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by walemetro: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2018
no. 4 is the main reason. any sensible guy wants a lady on par....(partner) with himself... no time for full housewife anymore....not in this ecnomy.....u want to marry and live large,,,,we will both brin money to the table.

TheUpsetGirl1:
When it comes to romance, Nigerian men are known to be actively engaging. Apart from their culture of carrying the financial burden of relationship with women, they harness every opportunity to appeal to their lovers, be it on social-network sites, in their respective offices, religious organizations, clubs among others.
Now I'm going to list 6 reasons why Nigerian men run from marriage

1. No wife materials
Common among some men is the reservation that there is scarcity of ‘wife-materials’ in Nigeria.

2. They get sex freely without marriage than in time past
Realizing now that they can get sex more easily than in times past, when ‘virginity’ for women was a pass value to marriage, some men now feel lot of women today have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

3. Nigeria weddings are expensive

In a country where a man is expected to marry a woman in three different kinds of wedding- Religious, Traditional and Court, the cost of marriage no doubt is something men find very intimidating. Presently the average Nigeria wedding cost something like N700,000 and the it goes upward from that to more unimaginable cost.

4. In search of a ‘working class’
Today, most Nigerian men are in search of a wife capable of sharing financial responsibilities with them. Gone are the days when men marry ‘full-house-wives’, the increasing cost of living has tilted most men in favor of ladies who have a means of livelihood and willing to share with their man, the burden of building a home.

5. Unrealistic Expectations from In-laws
Some parents have set certain standards for anyone who will marry their child, either way be it that such expectations are from the groom parent’s or bride, the regulations sometimes affect relationships.

6. Trust issues
Most times, people fear to get committed into a relationship because of trust issues. Some men have been bruised in their past relationships and therefore they don’t want to put themselves out there.

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2018
here is what i think. Dont you guys think it is a great scam to marry a woman and take care of her responsibilities, the responsibilities of her parents, brothers and sisters just because she gave birth to your children and does house chores.

Some dont even give birth even, the couple end up adopting babies.

No doubt children are great to have, women are lovely creatures, but just like women, a man should seek his happiness too.

If you have absolutely to problem with taking up the responsibility of your wife and that of her family, and if you have absolutely no problem with whatever attitude the woman brings into your home (nagging, talking anyhow, etc) then by all means marry.

However, if you can't or don't want to endure the above, then dont force yourself into marriage. It is like creating suffering/unhappiness for yourself by yourself. No matter how rich you are, put yourself first. Do not go into marriage because thats what pple think you should do. Go into marriage because thats what you like and want to do.

Dont worry about children and house chores if you choose to be single, when their is a will there is a way.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by walemetro: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nigerian men are becoming lazy, just check out years past when they're being known to work hard and cater for their families.....but these days they don't want to work hard like their fathers did they're always after what the lady will contribute to the family forgetting that they're the head of the family and it's their duties to satisfy the needs of their wives.....bunch of lazy yahoo yahoo goat cool

Nigerian men did not get lazy. The country just got harder. In my father's day, a fresh graduate was guaranteed a nice job. would be ask to go pick the car of his choice, comapany will deduct it over time. Nowadays a fresh graduate will spend 2 years searching for a job that wont even pay rent talkless of buy car.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
When it comes to romance, Nigerian men are known to be actively engaging. Apart from their culture of carrying the financial burden of relationship with women, they harness every opportunity to appeal to their lovers, be it on social-network sites, in their respective offices, religious organizations, clubs among others.
Now I'm going to list 6 reasons why Nigerian men run from marriage

1. No wife materials
Common among some men is the reservation that there is scarcity of ‘wife-materials’ in Nigeria.

2. They get sex freely without marriage than in time past
Realizing now that they can get sex more easily than in times past, when ‘virginity’ for women was a pass value to marriage, some men now feel lot of women today have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

3. Nigeria weddings are expensive

In a country where a man is expected to marry a woman in three different kinds of wedding- Religious, Traditional and Court, the cost of marriage no doubt is something men find very intimidating. Presently the average Nigeria wedding cost something like N700,000 and the it goes upward from that to more unimaginable cost.

4. In search of a ‘working class’
Today, most Nigerian men are in search of a wife capable of sharing financial responsibilities with them. Gone are the days when men marry ‘full-house-wives’, the increasing cost of living has tilted most men in favor of ladies who have a means of livelihood and willing to share with their man, the burden of building a home.

5. Unrealistic Expectations from In-laws
Some parents have set certain standards for anyone who will marry their child, either way be it that such expectations are from the groom parent’s or bride, the regulations sometimes affect relationships.

6. Trust issues
Most times, people fear to get committed into a relationship because of trust issues. Some men have been bruised in their past relationships and therefore they don’t want to put themselves out there.

While you are right about all that you have listed., you forgot (or failed) to mention the "religion" part about women that drive men nuts.
A lot of women (married) that i know and ladies (some that i even dated) start hinting you that you're fvcked when it comes to sex while you're dating. the are not romantic at all and they start telling men that they are not romantic. They are happy when u talk to them about marriage. But take it further and try to talk about sex with them (just for the sake of it and not because u wanna fvck them) and their reaction will tell you that u will definitely regret your marriage and end up carrying a lifetime of deadly conji everywhere u go. And to end it all, overly religious nigerian women are domineering and bossy especially if you marry them when you are poor and you and the woman end up bringing up the wealth together.
One thing that I've noticed, though, is that poor men tend to "need" women in their lives more than on "ok" or fairly wealthy man (who worked for his money) -- it's a poor man's opium. Most (not all) kind of women, overly religious or not, tend to be submissive to those kind of men or "boys" because they know that those kind of men can provide their needs because, after all, the men's wealth (or little wealth) was acquired without the woman's intervention in the first place. The man did only proposed to the woman coz of the need for a soul mate and not because he believes two heads are better than one in the struggles of life.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Delivar(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
I know your problem. You have not succeeded in finding that rich man so you decided to conclude men are now lazy.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

most ladies come with too many problems.
immediately you get married, the responsibilities become too much. The worst thing is some women aren't helping matters.
Any lady who can't help with those stuffs you listed isn't fit for marriage.

I am not disputing that. That's why two heads are better than one. Some men don't mind bearing all the responsibilities but others however, will need help. It boils down to finding who compliments you. That's what dating helps you discover instead of solely spending most of the time having sex.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by reuben79: 8:02am On Apr 22, 2018
laudate:

There are wife materials in Naija, but the only problem is that my Naija brothers are not looking for them. cheesy Or at least, they are not looking for them in the right places, or with the right mindset that would help them find such materials. They prefer to run after the glamour girls or glam mamas, slay queens, instagram junkies, fashionistas etc. And then turn round to complain there are no wife materials, in sight. angry Do you know how many men have left wife materials in the lurch, only to run after fashionistas andu slay queens? shocked
u ar correct

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Obidikejr(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

You sure say if one of them wave 100 dollar bills for your face e no go move u?... Shut up about things you don't know. U know nothing about being a man. From your comment I know Your own is to marry and have children, that's your destiny... That's why ion believe in this feminism bull this white folks are bringing up, atleast up there It can work, but down here, nah.. Nigerian young ladies are the laziest ever, they'd never agree to a policy that pushes them to become drivers of the economy alongside a man... Sit at home and grow fat.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Obidikejr(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
izzou:

You sound so angry this morning. Are you just coming back from your night shift? grin

The internet never forgets. Remember how you came here to tell us of how you work in a biscuit factory? It's not my business sha. At least you qualify for the so called "Working class"

Anyway, back to your thread. You haven't countered my points yet. Abi is that not your reason for creating this thread? To engage us in a discussion?

Now leave biscuit wahala and let's discuss

grin
Lol savage
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Obidikejr(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
iQUOTE:

I didn't quote you. Neither was my message directed to you. Come to think of it, there's no difference between you too. Y'all are just a set of classless, insignificant chichi-dodo who think a man's pocket is their only sure way of making it in life.
Epic savagery... I am gonna take a permanent exit from this thread, it disgust me how black women think. For Christ sake a woman nearly became a president of America. This feminism buhaha will be a long century joke in Africa, these women ain't ready, not now, and not Century from now. Roman empires of over 2000 years ago are better than what we have now in African. Realistically, We are African, We don't evolve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by CAPSLOCKED: 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
eezeribe:
Women are the ones who benefit more in a marriage.the only reason why God created them is to have sex with men and bear children.once a woman gets married,her destiny has been fulfilled on earth.most women are natural liabilities,so the least a man should take from them should be wife material and working class.I HEREBY AGREE WITH POINTS 1 & 4.
If a woman meets points 1 & 4,points 2,3,5,6 become inconsequential.

OLODO.
undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

14 Things Ladies Need To Work On To Avoid Late Marriage In 2018 / Pre Wedding Photos Of An Army Lieutenant / Evangelist Jacinta Nzilani: I Became A Lesbian After My Husband Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.