Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (33284 Views)

MEN!! Run From H0es With This Particular Attribute! She Will Ruin You!! (photos) / Run From These 7 Deadly Sins, In Fact Flee / Why Do Men Run Away From Women After Having Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
When it comes to romance, Nigerian men are known to be actively engaging. Apart from their culture of carrying the financial burden of relationship with women, they harness every opportunity to appeal to their lovers, be it on social-network sites, in their respective offices, religious organizations, clubs among others.
Now I'm going to list 6 reasons why Nigerian men run from marriage

1. No wife materials
Common among some men is the reservation that there is scarcity of ‘wife-materials’ in Nigeria.

2. They get sex freely without marriage than in time past
Realizing now that they can get sex more easily than in times past, when ‘virginity’ for women was a pass value to marriage, some men now feel lot of women today have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

3. Nigeria weddings are expensive

In a country where a man is expected to marry a woman in three different kinds of wedding- Religious, Traditional and Court, the cost of marriage no doubt is something men find very intimidating. Presently the average Nigeria wedding cost something like N700,000 and the it goes upward from that to more unimaginable cost.

4. In search of a ‘working class’
Today, most Nigerian men are in search of a wife capable of sharing financial responsibilities with them. Gone are the days when men marry ‘full-house-wives’, the increasing cost of living has tilted most men in favor of ladies who have a means of livelihood and willing to share with their man, the burden of building a home.

5. Unrealistic Expectations from In-laws
Some parents have set certain standards for anyone who will marry their child, either way be it that such expectations are from the groom parent’s or bride, the regulations sometimes affect relationships.

6. Trust issues
Most times, people fear to get committed into a relationship because of trust issues. Some men have been bruised in their past relationships and therefore they don’t want to put themselves out there.

Also women like you feening for abs and big eggplant tongue grin
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Mcreloaded(m): 6:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Nigerian youths are lazy if not I remember my father in his youth had 3 wives and my grand parents but now our youths are so lazy that even the presidents son is yet to marry because we the youths are so lazy thats why we have this thread in the first place and lots of women sarah for every where and few husband.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 21, 2018
Your post is too sentimental
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Naruto87(m): 7:20am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
When it comes to romance, Nigerian men are known to be actively engaging. Apart from their culture of carrying the financial burden of relationship with women, they harness every opportunity to appeal to their lovers, be it on social-network sites, in their respective offices, religious organizations, clubs among others.
Now I'm going to list 6 reasons why Nigerian men run from marriage

1. No wife materials
Common among some men is the reservation that there is scarcity of ‘wife-materials’ in Nigeria.

2. They get sex freely without marriage than in time past
Realizing now that they can get sex more easily than in times past, when ‘virginity’ for women was a pass value to marriage, some men now feel lot of women today have lost it when it comes to keeping themselves whole.

3. Nigeria weddings are expensive

In a country where a man is expected to marry a woman in three different kinds of wedding- Religious, Traditional and Court, the cost of marriage no doubt is something men find very intimidating. Presently the average Nigeria wedding cost something like N700,000 and the it goes upward from that to more unimaginable cost.

4. In search of a ‘working class’
Today, most Nigerian men are in search of a wife capable of sharing financial responsibilities with them. Gone are the days when men marry ‘full-house-wives’, the increasing cost of living has tilted most men in favor of ladies who have a means of livelihood and willing to share with their man, the burden of building a home.

5. Unrealistic Expectations from In-laws
Some parents have set certain standards for anyone who will marry their child, either way be it that such expectations are from the groom parent’s or bride, the regulations sometimes affect relationships.

6. Trust issues
Most times, people fear to get committed into a relationship because of trust issues. Some men have been bruised in their past relationships and therefore they don’t want to put themselves out there.

nice write up.. most ladies just want to eat their cake and have it. they want the respect their grandmothers had and the perk of a modern lady.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nigerian men are becoming lazy, just check out years past when they're being known to work hard and cater for their families.....but these days they don't want to work hard like their fathers did they're always after what the lady will contribute to the family forgetting that they're the head of the family and it's their duties to satisfy the needs of their wives.....bunch of lazy yahoo yahoo goat cool
you are copying the West, we want to copy the West too. You are saying feminism is the way forward, we are saying bills sharing like it is in the West is the way forward. It leaves us both balanced. Is it a crime to copy what our females are copying?

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Nigerian men are becoming lazy, just check out years past when they're being known to work hard and cater for their families.....but these days they don't want to work hard like their fathers did they're always after what the lady will contribute to the family forgetting that they're the head of the family and it's their duties to satisfy the needs of their wives.....bunch of lazy yahoo yahoo goat cool

Who told U that the mothers then weren't hardworking and do cater for the family. I can see clearly that U are frustrated due to you not possessing 1 & 4 quality...
Ur papa aus still dey sweet u, isoorait! Kwatinue!

Dey dere dey find Mr Right instead of working on yaself...U neva see anyfin...Slay motherfuckas!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by ernieboy(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

for the records. I don't work in a buiscuit factory and can never work in one. I only made that statement that day to justify my thread.
cc uduju
what is wrong with working in a biscuit factory?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2018
Cutehector:
you want money right?
Who know like money undecided tongue
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by 1stola: 7:52am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Painment I see
The yahoo yahoo goats that keeps fuckìng and dumping you.
Look back in time and we can count 10 dicks now... Shameful
I pity who go marry waste product

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Are you saying that we were actually the people Pmb is refering to in London? cheesy grin
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by okolet(m): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Na cabin biscuit factory or? shocked
UDUJ:

grin cheesy My dear you told us yourself cheesy

Or you've forgotten

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2018
lestat:

I followed all your comments, if you look back at the time you spent responding to comments with the aim of insulting certain users whom you termed as broke guys you would be surprised how much time you could have used to pass a positive message that some young ladies might learn from.

I know it's hard but try to resist the urge to be abusive irrespective of how preemptive the comment may be

You are a lady, (that doesn't signify wekaness) and no it doesn't mean men have Monopoly of acting guttery

But we still hope to look to you women to remind is what a prime and proper character should be

Alot of your posts made me smile though (dark humor)

Oddly enough I find you very interesting, your edgy feminist stance makes you wuite appealing and scary at the same time

But I understand feminism is born out of an oppresive system that tries to subjugate women which is very unnatural

We should be friends
Do I know you
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by okolet(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2018
My guy this savage classify you join our #Laziyouth grin
izzou:

You sound so angry this morning. Are you just coming back from your night shift? grin

The internet never forgets. Remember how you came here to tell us of how you work in a biscuit factory? It's not my business sha. At least you qualify for the so called "Working class"

Anyway, back to your thread. You haven't countered my points yet. Abi is that not your reason for creating this thread? To engage us in a discussion?

Now leave biscuit wahala and let's discuss

grin
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2018
chisco82:
Are you saying that we were actually the people Pmb is refering to in London? cheesy grin
I don't know what you're talking about..... you said it with your mouth not mine biko
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Do I know you

smiley
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:59am On Apr 21, 2018
lestat:

smiley
You haven't answered my question
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
You haven't answered my question

If you are asking if we have met before? No we haven't

I don't think reading someone's posts for years here can equate to knowing them

I assumed this was clear from my first post ?
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2018
lestat:

If you are asking if we have met before? No we haven't

I don't think reading someone's posts for years here can equate to knowing them

I assumed this was clear from my first post ?
Hmmmmm if you say so
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Cutehector(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
oya come my house make I give you money
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Cutehector(m): 8:07am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
grammarnazi1 oya come like a dog and lick this poo...
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 21, 2018
You always speak with a lot of wisdom like my man Lefu
UDUJ:

Okay TheUpsetGirl1 let me give you some inkling as to why most guys are scared of marriage:

Basically it could be the reason of independent decision making which is generally curbed after marriage.
A lot of responsibilities , tension ,anxiety creeps in to your mind as you have to make sure you handle everything efficiently which may lead to several health problems thereby decreasing your life span.

Men love to be carefree , absolutely free to do whatever they love to do , which is not possible after marriage for we become tied to our family and its members.

Also many a times there are chances of arguments, quarrels and domestic violence on account of mismatch of ideas, misunderstanding, clash of opinions, etc which disrupts the smooth running of life.

Life is short with an uncertain duration and no one knows what is going to happen with him in the next birth, so he wants to enjoy everything he wants to in this birth itself and tries to avoid marriage as much as possible.

Most of us view Marriage as a Mirage. Peace of mind goes after few days .You feel bonded ,and fall in a dilemma which you cannot share with anyone .

Your personality is shared , you loose your privacy .If your views are not common you develop contradictions.

If your mother develops contradiction with your wife there is another headache. If your wife has some male friend and you are not open minded you develop another psychological dilemma with what to do or not to do. If u have a female friend and you don’t tell your wife you have a guilty feeling and if your wife gets to know 95% of time her reaction will be negative.

If your wife does not conceive you become worried, if she becomes pregnant you remain worried till delivery. After delivery if your child has some handicap your whole life becomes hell. You worry about the family, the future, societal pressures to meet up etc etc.

The truth is, most of us feel this way when we have doubts about the partnership (who we are bonding for life with). Once there are no doubts we jump headfirst into marriage without thinking. We listen to no one and follow our hearts and the heart never fails. That's how you know you've found the right one. But the possibility of finding the right one these days is getting smaller and smaller sadly undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by okolet(m): 8:14am On Apr 21, 2018
Hehehe TheBiscuitgirl1 cheesy
TheUpsetGirl1:

for the records.
I don't work in a buiscuit factory and can never work in one.
I only made that statement that day to justify my thread.

cc uduju

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Hmmmmm if you say so

I would.like us to.connect
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
I don't know what you're talking about..... you said it with your mouth not mine biko
Lee nu way gi nu?
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2018
lestat:

I would.like us to.connect
We're already connected cool
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by 1930revival(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
What is your definition of laziness.....you talked about the olden days of our fathers, can you compare the priorities, value, standards and economic status with what the nation is now? Let me presume that all your brothers are born with silver spoon and have financial challenges,,,,but fates differs and things do change....moreover it's not bad if a lady supports her man financially if she can....Bible says women are help mates. Abi Na only #bedmatics Dem sabi
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by okolet(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2018
Anoda Monica spotted oo Issorite shocked
highpriestess:

lol,I mark for lecturers.
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

touché
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

touché

But you know what I mean

Let's connect outside this forum
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

But at least our fathers married mothers as virgins not the hookers we have all over the place today looking for husbands like idiots looking for a pin in the middle of the ocean. When it comes to money and lust for material things, you women don't remember pretend not to remember the gender equality you clamour day and night.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by okolet(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2018
Hmm Mr. 4G connect lipsrsealed
lestat:

touché

But you know what I mean

Let's connect outside this forum
Re: 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 21, 2018
l want to marry... l m thinking btw Ruthdaniels and the Upsetgirl... l m in love with these two ladies but l Dont know which one to take.... help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Wants A Blood Covenant / Ugandan Police Underfire For Confiscating intimacy gadgets (Photos) / Orphan Who Was Impregnanted By Nigerian Boy In Ghana, Shares Her Story. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.