Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding (55203 Views)

Nigerian Couple With "Massive" Height Difference Share Cute Video (Pics/Video) / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Sitting Inside Car Boot / Video Of Couple Having Sex In Cinema, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Xcelinteriors(f): 5:20pm On May 03, 2018
They are cute. God bless their home

1 Like

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by thesicilian: 5:20pm On May 03, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by sonnie10: 5:21pm On May 03, 2018
wink2015:
what is the difference between down syndrome and slowpoke

Also, what is alzhemier diseases?

If you don't know the difference, then you are a slowpoke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by HardMirror(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2018
spaggyy:
what is ....this

am sure they do not even knw what's going on here
only fo0lish people would support this rvbbish. This is wrong on so many levels. Obviously the hand work of their families.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2018
robinso01:
for every man there's a woman are women ,no matter how you are.
Fixed!
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2018
Good for them, as long as they are happy.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by tlops(m): 5:24pm On May 03, 2018
Maybe they are sterile. If not ?
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Amarabae(f): 5:24pm On May 03, 2018
The girl is OK in appearance sha
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Omololu2121: 5:24pm On May 03, 2018
thesicilian:

Possible, but not likely.
First, most men with Downs syndrome are sterile, they cannot have children. Very few have been documented to have children.
Second, each Downs syndrome parent has a 50% chance of having a similar child.[/b] So with both parents being affected, chances of getting a deformed child are almost 100%[b]
cry cry
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by encrypt(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2018
wink2015:
what is the difference between down syndrome and slowpoke

Also, what is alzhemier diseases?

Google is your friend
slowpoke is a derogatory term used to refer to persons with downs syndrome or regular people behaving badly.
Alzheimer's disease has to do with memory...suffered mostly by aged persons. Patients often have memory loss and only recollect things from when they were younger..
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Demonicide(f): 5:25pm On May 03, 2018
I pray she will give birth to a normal child..

I doubt oh, most down syndrome men don't have good sperm cells, but their is nothing God cannot do sha.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by wink2015(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2018
sonnie10:

If you don't know the difference, then you are a slowpoke

I use the world imbecillle but the nairaland is converting it to another word slowpoke.

Perhaps your knowledge could teach those student out there.

NOT REALLY ME.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 03, 2018
oyetunder:
lipsrsealed Let me not talk....some things are traps set for one to offend his or her Maker if one is not careful.

Very true grin

EmagNig:
Children of rich men suffering from the syndrome better pass some people

OK which one would you choose: To spend your life as rich man's pickin with Down's, or take your chances as an ajekpako child. . . . .

1 Like

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by robinso01(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Fixed!
thanks dude.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by wink2015(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2018
Can our student out there learn more?

what is the difference between DOWN SYNDROME, IMBBECILLE, ALZHEMEIR DISEASE.?

1 Like

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Mcy56(f): 5:29pm On May 03, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
You can help the brother out na... Just make urself available. Simple! grin
Lol. It would be nice if you can help the sis out as well. You'll look good together and she's very beautiful. tongue
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 03, 2018
Husty:
DOWN syndrome is not the dead end of life. I pray to God to Lift em UP above unforeseen genetic abnormalty in their future offsprings. smiley
you know what i think? I think God has already blessed them with the knowledge that what they're about to do may bring pain and neglect to their offsprings, they should not be ignorant. God gave us a brain to use and analyse every decision we make, this couple ain't using theirs sadly.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by sonnie10: 5:37pm On May 03, 2018
wink2015:

I use the world imbecillle but the nairaland is converting it to another word slowpoke.

Perhaps your knowledge could teach those student out there.

NOT REALLY ME.

Down syndrome is an extra chromosome on the 21 normal pairs of chromosomes. Another name for it is trisomy 21. It just called Downs after the Doctor that discovered it. It has variations and as such mosaic. Slowpoke is just a derogatory name that people use to describe the condition. There is no cure but early intervention helps the individual.

Alzheimer's on the other hand is a disease process mostly common in the older population. It affects the grey matter of the brian and the individual losses part of their memory. They may have difficulty speaking, and in adapting to normal life.

2 Likes

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Papachioma: 5:38pm On May 03, 2018
This na arrangee marrage..
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by marticeus(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2018
They will definitely produce normal children because down syndrome is neither hereditary nor genetically linked. It is a 1 in 100,000 occurrence and cannot be predicted. It can happen to anybody whether rich or poor, black or white/coloured people. We simple have to live with it when it comes, as at today the causative factors are still unknown. God is God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Aboguede(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2018
Some how I think devido graduated from that school oh. See the groom resemble devido
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Oyindidi(f): 5:44pm On May 03, 2018
How them go take sabi do bad thing? Can't imagine
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by YorubaAssasin: 5:46pm On May 03, 2018
Mcy56:

Lol. It would be nice if you can help the sis out as well. You'll look good together and she's very beautiful. tongue

Well, I didn't make any prior suggestion to their r'ship. undecided
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by victorian(f): 5:47pm On May 03, 2018
She's very pretty.

I hope their parents know what they are doing, allowing both of them marry and have kids undecided
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by sirgalahad26(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2018

gbayi...the ultmate prayer!!!
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 03, 2018
Omololu2121:
Doctors in the house;will they be able to give birth to normal kids ?
I'm not a doctor but I'm a medical student so I know a little bit.
They could have normal children as down's syndrome is a spontaneous genetic disorder that isn't passed on from parents to children
However they might have difficulties in having a baby due to reduced fertility

2 Likes

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Mcy56(f): 5:56pm On May 03, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
Well, I didn't make any prior suggestion to their r'ship. undecided
Okay. You can see that the brother is happily engaged now. smiley
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by sonnie10: 5:59pm On May 03, 2018
marticeus:
They will definitely produce normal children because down syndrome is neither hereditary nor genetically linked. It is a 1 in 100,000 occurrence and cannot be predicted. It can happen to anybody whether rich or poor, black or white/coloured people. We simple have to live with it when it comes, as at today the causative factors are still unknown. God is God.

This is not entirely true. Down syndrome can be predicted. As the age of the women increases so is the rate. So women who give birth late are more likely to have children with the condition.
As a precaution, genetic testing is advised for pregnant older women as early as in the first trimester. The test is called amniocentesis. A needle is use to obtain amniotic fluid which is tested for genetic information. The result is 100% accurate.
Also, invivo ultrasound during early stage of pregnancy could detect abnormalities in brain and an cephaladial formation of the fetus.
Due to some ethical concerns, parents are allowed to decide what next action to take after the facts. Counseling may be offered but the final decision to carry full term is up to them.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Uyiii: 6:06pm On May 03, 2018
thesicilian:

Possible, but not likely.
First, most men with Downs syndrome are sterile, they cannot have children. Very few have been documented to have children.
Second, each Downs syndrome parent has a 50% chance of having a similar child. So with both parents being affected, chances of getting a deformed child are almost 100%
I presume you're a doc, evening man.
the fact is, causes resulting to down syndrome hasn't been emphatically cited till tomorrow.
So I do not overly agree with your assertion here as regards the chances of these down syndrome couple having a child like them all through their progenic process, yes it's true specific cases associated with them passing this disorder to their offsprings is thru 'translocation gene'_ that's a chromosome not in the right place, but you see, this isn't even common with them and it can happen to anybody.
My point is, these couple can reproduce children with their chromosomes very intact and more often than not give birth to geniuses.

I appreciate your contribution man, evening and cheers.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Horus(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2018

People with Down syndrome rarely reproduce and they have about a 50% risk of having a child with Down syndrome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / Worst Thing You’ve Found, From Checking Your Partner’s Phone / How Would You Define A 'cheap Girl'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.