Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding (55209 Views)

Nigerian Couple With "Massive" Height Difference Share Cute Video (Pics/Video) / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Sitting Inside Car Boot / Video Of Couple Having Sex In Cinema, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by amakadihot87(f): 6:10pm On May 03, 2018
But how can they take care of their kids na..........i know one boy Edu who also has downs syndrome,he is a grown up but acts like a kid.......the family members still bath him and wash his clothes while he roams around the streets picking bottle cocks ........

I fear o

so this couple's parents will take over all these responsibilities??
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by ezegenigbonine: 6:11pm On May 03, 2018
Money making machines.
I still remember that 75℅ of rich men in Nigeria have at least one slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by YorubaAssasin: 6:18pm On May 03, 2018
Mcy56:

Okay. You can see that the brother is happily engaged now. smiley

But their blood mix won't be the greatest as you earlier said, I nvr said that. angry

So, perhaps your service might be of huge assistance. cool
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Enykings(m): 6:22pm On May 03, 2018
Why do some of us just assume that they would attempt to have kids? Don't you think they would know better regarding the challenges involved in having children with down syndrome being sufferers themselves? They may have found love and happiness in each other and that is enough reason to tie the knot. Everyone deserves a shot at happiness. They came into this cruel world disadvantaged from birth. I am glad that they found the courage to accept life and pursue their heart desire. Wish them a happy married life.

1 Like

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Uyiii: 6:22pm On May 03, 2018
Horus:

People with Down syndrome rarely reproduce and they have about a 50% risk of having a child with Down syndrome.
I cited a very factual ref befr this comment I am quoting you for, look it up.
I am not against these people coming together, never will. In fact, you find your spouse in a world you're conversant with.
Little wonder the deaf marries the deaf, the rich marries the rich, on and on and on like that.

2 Likes

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by consultancy: 6:22pm On May 03, 2018
on a realistic note, this is wrong. what sort/kind/type or form of kids will they beget. is it proper to bring kids into ds world when u knw before hand dat they will not be normal kids?
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2018
Hope it won't affect their babies, if yes then they should be stopped.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by demeele: 6:29pm On May 03, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
This lovely couple with Down Syndrome - have been trending online for obvious reason after their pictures were shared online ahead of their wedding. A Facebook user who shared their pre-wedding pictures - ask whether is right for the couple to be joined in Holy Matrimony considering their condition and whether they can both handle the pressure that comes with the institution.

See how online users reacted to the couple's pre-wedding pictures.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/couple-with-down-syndrome-release-their-pictures-ahead-of-wedding.html
poor combination though....nothing is impossible for God
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 03, 2018
What pastor is about to join let no man put asunder.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by YelloweWest: 6:35pm On May 03, 2018
I pray she will give birth to a normal child..

They should not have children!

Marriage must not produce kids.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 03, 2018
Dunno what to say, but hml to them
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 03, 2018
Omololu2121:
Doctors in the house;will they be able to give birth to normal kids ?
Gonna take a miracle
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by francotunsco: 7:17pm On May 03, 2018
The babe is bae.....She doesn't look down syndromed!
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by successtutor(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2018
It's mainly caused by old age pregnancy. If a lady is above 35yrs, she's prone to av kids with such.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:29pm On May 03, 2018
Omololu2121:
Doctors in the house;will they be able to give birth to normal kids ?

The chances of giving birth at all are very close to zero. (I guess thats why the parents are supporting the union)

1. Males with Downs syndrome are for all purposes infertile (this is the limiting factor).Only one recorded case of a male with Downs syndrome fathering a child is known.

2. 70 - 85 % of all females with Downs syndrome are infertile. Only 15 - 30 % are fertile.

3. If both parents are affected and somehow escape these odds to have a child, 50 % will be affected and 50% will be normal.

4. Downs syndrome carries along with it various other conditions - metabolic, cardiac, endocrine , sensory, neurological, physical so the idea of even becoming pregnant is a very dubious one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome

https://www.quora.com/If-two-people-born-with-Down-syndrome-have-a-child-will-the-child-automatically-have-Down-syndrome

https://academic.oup.com/hmg/article/5/Supplement_1/1411/661320

2 Likes

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by talk2percy(m): 8:49pm On May 03, 2018

bro, I don't see that possibility. Ndi Igbo si na anaghi ebu akwu rere onu a ga na igwe akwu puru epu.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Neddyogu(m): 8:55pm On May 03, 2018

How? When genes are inherited from parents with trisomy 21?
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Namdouz: 9:19pm On May 03, 2018
wink2015:
what is the difference between down syndrome and Imecillle

Also, what is alzhemier diseases?

Ask Google
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Troublemaker007(m): 9:23pm On May 03, 2018
I can’t help it but wonder how this guy face go look when he wan cum. cheesy

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by thesicilian: 9:34pm On May 03, 2018
Uyiii:

I presume you're a doc, evening man.
the fact is, causes resulting to down syndrome hasn't been emphatically cited till tomorrow.
So I do not overly agree with your assertion here as regards the chances of these down syndrome couple having a child like them all through their progenic process, yes it's true specific cases associated with them passing this disorder to their offsprings is thru 'translocation gene'_ that's a chromosome not in the right place, but you see, this isn't even common with them and it can happen to anybody.
My point is, these couple can reproduce children with their chromosomes very intact and more often than not give birth to geniuses.

I appreciate your contribution man, evening and cheers.
Wow.
First, the major genetic anomaly in Down syndrome is caused by non disjunction involving the chromosome 21, resulting in a third copy for the offspring, hence the term Trisomy 21. Translocation is only responsible in a minority of cases.
Second, can you explain in very simple terms how two bad genes can give birth to a ''genius" Gene?
Third, pls identify yourself as a scientist (not necessarily a doctor) before you continue this discussion with me.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by vinxlegend: 9:50pm On May 03, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
wrong combination if they pass on the genes to the kids or born new set of human to suffer in taking care of them all their lives....this unfair to the next generation...

Down syndrome is not inherited. It occurs as a random event during cell division early in fetal development, please try to read about it, people like this needs to be encouraged not to be condemned.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 03, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
This lovely couple with Down Syndrome - have been trending online for obvious reason after their pictures were shared online ahead of their wedding. A Facebook user who shared their pre-wedding pictures - ask whether is right for the couple to be joined in Holy Matrimony considering their condition and whether they can both handle the pressure that comes with the institution.

See how online users reacted to the couple's pre-wedding pictures.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/couple-with-down-syndrome-release-their-pictures-ahead-of-wedding.html

I luv this. It's a very lovely idea.

But they shouldn't bear children.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 03, 2018
vinxlegend:

Down syndrome is not inherited. It occurs as a random event during cell division early in fetal development, please try to read about it, people like this needs to be encouraged not to be condemned.

Down syndrome can be inherited, It's a chromosome defect n the chances of 2 down syndrome couple to giving birth to down syndrome baby is extremely high.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 03, 2018
Awww...the sweetest prewedding pic I have seen this year
U guys asking about kids, procreation is not the only reason to get married, how about companionship?
They have each other and will clearly communicate better
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Debazent: 12:56am On May 04, 2018
There is a man for every woman...
God bless their union

1 Like

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by newslifeop: 1:55am On May 04, 2018
hmmm
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Martinez19(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2018
For goodness, if you have any horrible defect that can be passed down, don't marry.
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Mcy56(f): 10:09am On May 04, 2018
Treasuredlove:
Awww...the sweetest prewedding pic I have seen this year
U guys asking about kids, procreation is not the only reason to get married, how about companionship?
They have each other and will clearly communicate better
I cant agree less. The companionship aspect is very important and if normal people are not willing to marry them, they should at least find happiness in themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Barney11: 5:31pm On May 04, 2018
Demonicide:
I think they are suffering from partial down syndrome. The concentrated ones would not be able to fathom what a marriage is all about, let alone getting themselves involved it. I just hope they have the sense to knack.

Hahshsh grin >: grin
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 12:51am On May 05, 2018
Beautiful. God bless their home.

For those saying that they shouldn't get married because they have the same health condition, would you rather agree to wed either one of them?

The society is still quite unaccomodating in some ways, of people with certain diseases. The chances of such people ever settling down with 'average, normal people' is pretty slim. So, would you rather they miss out on the chance to love and to be paired for life?
Re: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding by Nobody: 12:52am On May 05, 2018
Martinez19:
For goodness, if you have any horrible defect that can be passed down, don't marry.

So I actually breathe the same oxygen as this fellow? I give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Worst Thing You’ve Found, From Checking Your Partner’s Phone / 'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / How Would You Define A 'cheap Girl'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.