Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? (47272 Views)

Reasons Why Guys Are Afraid To Date Beautiful Women / Romancelanders: What Type Of Couple Kiss Is This? / Please, Which Kind Of Kiss Is This? Hope Someone Isn't Hurting Someone?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by gem87(f): 11:57pm On Aug 09, 2006
i think dat makes sense
it feels icky 4 me 2 kiss some1 other dan my boyfriend honestly
the person cn touch me but kiss? eugh!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Cleofel(f): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2006
right
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by sweetberry(f): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2006
she might not trust u or she might not be ready for romance and stuff try talkin 2 her, try to gain her trust cuz if u like someone y not kiss em or she might be shy ermmm ur job z 2 find out wat makes her tick gud luck
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by babe1(f): 5:50am On Aug 15, 2006
Afraid of what? Saliva? Maybe she is Saliva phobic and i can't blame her. Or does she see it as a sign of commitment? If it is then she will come around. Or better yet, tell her you have a surprise for her, have her close her eyes and BANG! There is your Kissssssssss.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by babe1(f): 5:53am On Aug 15, 2006
dakmanzero, what do you mean by Akata? I am an American citizen but still a Nigerian and over here we are not considered as Akata but the black Americans. I do not wish to be refered to as an Akata.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Sista(f): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2006
If your girlfriend is black, She may feel that it is not proper to show a sexual interest. Black women have been ridiculed about their sexuality. They have been directly tought or sublimanly tought that a woman is supposed to be shy, innocent and sweet. If this is her case, you are going to have to take your time with her. You are going to have to create trust between you and her so that she will feel free to open up. If you can do this, you will probably discover that you have the most sexually liberated woman on this planet but first you must make her feel verrrrry comfortable. She has to feel that she has nothing to feel guilty about.

If she does not have that problem, she may have this problem. She might have bad teeth she does not want you to see. Or she may have a bad smelling cavity. If this is her problem, you may never get a kiss, unless you can afford to send her to the dentist.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Sista(f): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2006
Just got the word that your girl is Asian, Hmm, this is a tuffy.

I have Asian friends and from what I know about Asian girls, she may not want to kiss you because she already has someone she is kissing. Maybe you are not aware of that. I think you need to talk to her about what your relationship is with her. You guys need to be clear as to what she would like to have going with you. Kissing on the cheek and the forehead is what friends or relatives do not to people in a romantic relationship.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by dakmanzero(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2006
@babe1

As far as I know, 'Akata' is not a derogatory term, I noticed it as a term used on naijaryders.com to refer to US or UK-born Nigerians- and in a friendly way (akatas call themselves akatas, )

However I may be mistaken. If you know better and Akata *is* a derogatory term over there, then please tell me so I don't use it again (and accept my apologies)

@sista-

The girl isnt Asian. HE is. The girl is Nigerian. What I said was that she may decide not to kiss him simply because he is asian. And no, don' t tell me that is not true, at least without proof.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by patchid(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2006
is not normal o but can i ask u a very good question?

What is the structure, size, shape, colour and the arrangement of your teeth, that might be the reason y she is scared to kiss u but more comfortable to be kissed on her cheek or forehead
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by ANGELX(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2006
some duds r really cray!no wanda d babe's afraid to kiss him. probably he has met wit guys iv read their replies.my G just relax and take things slow and steady.concentrate on other issues and the kis would find its way into the picture.she probably attaches a lot of importance to kisses.if thats so then she's sensitive.take care G cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Sista(f): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2006
@ Darkmanzero

What is it with this proof stuff? What are you talking about? You sound like someone else I had a dispute with in another discussion.

Please, lets be real, there is no need to provide proof on a theory about a woman kissing a man. We are all just giving the man advice based on what we know, thats all.

You don't personally know the man or woman and neither do I. Secondly, if you are going to ask me to provide proof don't you think you should do the same? You are no different from me.

Also, I responded twice to this discussion, the first response was for if the girl he was talking about was black. I didn't see you saying anything about providing proof for the post.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by dakmanzero(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2006
No offence meant,

And i *did* exclude 'akatas' from my generalisation.

Akata = 'janded' or 'yankee' Nigerian. Probably including you tongue

The gist of my post:

Most non-akata Nigerian girl will not kiss an asian simply because he is asian.

So the girl is Nigerian, and the guy is the asian.

If the 'proof' thing sounded heavy handed, sorry about that. Proof would be something soft like 'I live in Lagos and I am married to an Asian', or something like that. Not a dossier or signed affidavit or whatever tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Sista(f): 3:41am On Aug 17, 2006
@ darkmanzero

Yes, I am a black woman and I would not kiss an Asian either. Not that I think something is wrong with them I just enjoy kissing a black man so there is no need for me to look else where.

But, if she will not kiss him, he must be confused. Why is he saying she is his girlfriend? What is he getting the impression from that she is his girlfriend?

She won't kiss him because he is Asian but she will date him and represent as his girlfriend? I don't get it.

They must be young
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Bamiprof(m): 1:16am On Aug 18, 2006
Don't you get what girlfriend is trying to say.Your mouth stinks.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by knightinha: 12:50am On Oct 19, 2006
well well dude, d fact still remains dt she hasnt givin in to u totally, she is still unsure if she can trust u before she goes a step further into the kissin parole, try dey patient but also kepur eyes open too! grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by katherinae(f): 3:21am On Oct 19, 2006
check ur breath, maybe its not so hot so she is using that as an excuse lipsrsealed
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by cheavroi(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2006
Well,i think it depends.firstly how long u have been dating her ?a month?more?.Secondly she might really be scared she doesnt know how to kiss or afraid she mite disappoint u.Also she might find it impossible to stop once she starts kissing u or maybe its her weakest link.watever time is more important.take it cool and take the other things she allows e g sex
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by babycool(f): 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2006
The truth is that you have got Halitosis (bad -breath) and she is too shy to tell u, so she would rather fake that she is scared. i have had that experience before. so try to brush more and use mouthwash. wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by bashir2000(f): 1:38am On Feb 17, 2007
my friend,i pity u because u are in a serious dilemma.I suggest u consider your oral hygiene,just start and never ask for it but dont just start without some emotional seductions.In some cases its normal and in others its not.Never leave your lips dry and dont give up because its sometimes better than sex.Try my suggestions but i dont want a commision of your sins.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by twinkledew(f): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2007
you guys make a month sound like years. give her time she will come around soon. someone said kiss her without her knowing or kiss her after an argument. don't you think that is wrong becos she is not willing. what sort of people are on here. encouraging forceful act. angry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by NiteAngel(m): 12:21am On Feb 22, 2007
If she's a virgin then she's aware that the simple act of kissing could become uncontrollable. She may have had a bad experience. A lady once got a terrible respnse when she told the guy she was dating that the beautifu kiss was a good-bye gift as she couldn't cope with the relationship anyone. The lady has since drawn away from kissing. So it could be psychological. If you have bad breadth she could be scared this could be passed on.

If she's of age, give her time. Kissing should not be forced; as yor minds become closer, if should happen without incident. If she's a cradle let her be and look for something more important to do instead of rocking her to give in.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by FactorChic(f): 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2007
lmao! you are so naive. she's afraid of kissing you cos it might lead to something else, maybe sex which she's not ready for. orrrr
or, she's afraid of kissing you cos ur breath stinks! she might throw up after kissing u, ur breath be kicking like a brazilian soccer team! grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by agnesoseka: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2007
wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by OgaMadam(f): 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2007
I hate to say this, but do you think she loves someone else?

If your attached to somebody else, or wanna prevent yourself from getting attached to anybody, kissing is a no no.

Watch Pretty Woman. She only kisses him once she becomes intimate with him, in her soul.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by trendy(f): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2007
Hope ur mouth is safe?
how old is ur toothbrush?
what tooth paste do your use?
is your teeth, Cream, Milk brown or black in colour?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by ballaboi: 7:24am On Mar 17, 2007
well give your girl friend more time, i mean it took my girlfriend 6 months to finally kiss my lips, just break it down gently to her that you are ready to kiss on the lips and that nothing more will happen
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Janeesa: 6:56am On Aug 12, 2007
maybe b/c she knows kissing leads to other things, u know what i'm talkin about, so maybe she wants to keep herself pure?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Macgreat(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2007
Large set of teeth
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by tome1: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2008
You dont have to rush things.focus on other things that brings u close rather than worrying urself over a kiss
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Elgaxton(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2008
Afraid of what? Saliva? Maybe she is Saliva phobic and i can't blame her. Or does she see it as a sign of commitment? If it is then she will come around. Or better yet, tell her you have a surprise for her, have her close her eyes and BANG! There is your Kissssssssss.

@Babe1

Spoilt gal grin grin cheesy shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by sexyiyke(m): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2008
one thing leads to the other and i dont think she is ready 4 that[sexxxxxxxxxx\]
Re: My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? by Willyesq(f): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2008
are u sure u are not guilty of child abuse.she must be a minor and might be scared of geting pregnant through kiss.maybe that thing (sp) dey comot for your mouth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Statements Ladies Often Make To Appear Decent Before Guys / Men Beware, Your Wife Can Kill You If She Is Cheating On You / picture: My Mom Hate My Girl Cos Her Butt Is As Flat As Mine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.