Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (68410 Views)

Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Burgerlomo: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
Long overdue cool

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Pataricatering(f): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
cytell56:

How many Democracy day in Nigeria?. May 29 and June 12. Am I the only one seeing this. I guess our President is truly "Clueless".
you are the only one seeing it ! It’s pretty obvious June 12 is replacing may 29 th - it’s amazing that you didn’t understand that !

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by BabaRamota1980: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Buhari, your desperation to retain power is so strong.
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive Yoruba Christians.
We Christian Yorubas will not vote for you in 2019.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?
Abiola has come and gone, we have our way of mourning and remembering him.

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .

Is this a Yoruba or simply a Christian from East? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by madridguy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
At all she doesn't sound like an omoluabi. She's just pained about the development and reason she cannot say anything reasonable aside Yoruba Muslim and Christian.

Pataricatering:
Lol ! Ijeoma is obviously not Yoruba ! She doesn’t even sound like an omoluabi!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by PHIPEX(m): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Congrats to Abiola but this desperation is ill to the nation. How many Democracy day are we going to have? Is June 12 now a public holiday?

More importantly, why criminalise the remembrance of those that died in Biafra war fighting for their right while celebrate a man that died pursuing his dream?
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Throwback: 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
bigpicture001:
...what is noble about mko?

June 12 is about Democratic franchise.

The people chose a man in national election, to lead them as their president. He won but the election was cancelled.

That the federal government finally recognizes that national victory and the democratic struggle that ensued and culminated in the 1999 return to democracy, is a thing to be celebrated by all Nigerians who cherish democratic franchise.

Abiola as the winner of that election, represented the will of the Nigerian people to make their own choice.

We do not know if he would have been a great or useless president, but the choice of the people was rejected by a few who had the power to trample on the rights of the majority.

Whether Abiola was a saint or not, the people chose him, and the people have a right to choose who would lead them.

The noble action that Obasanjo refused to take, was to recognize that day for its significance, and to formally acknowledge Abiola as winner of that election, even if not releasing the results officially. But he was too egoistic to do anything that would take away his own glory.

Once again, shame on IBB.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by maasoap(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
bigpicture001:
...OBJ is..naija's most un tribalistic leader,he realised that MKO is not special..instead he awarded national honour toT.B Joshua nd others..buhari is just desperate to lure yoruba votes..the next tin is to name UNILAG abiola university..nonsense!

He had our votes already, he only did the right thing. Shame on Obj!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Pataricatering(f): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
GreatEngineer:
Meaning MKO actually won the election, Ok call he vice and hand over to him and you will have my respect for ever, other than that, na wash! This will not save you come 2019.
you people will cry hot tears next year !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by neonly: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
gurnam:

5% votes go send Bubu out of aso rock ?

All I know is enough is enough let dis just respect himself am go jeje
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
Breaking: FG RENAMED UNILAG AS MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gz87: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
What a welcome development, great move by PMB...
To the haters, to hell with you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by SuperS1Panther: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
It is usual for pigidiotic IPod Osus and Ojukwus to be mad over this good news, as evident in the thread trail.

20years after we got what we have always been clamouring for. Masterstroke from PMB.

Obasanjo see your life. You should be ashamed of yourself. You failed to recognise June 12, you failed to construct Lagos Abeokuta road. Right under your nose, PMB is doing all that.

Sai.Baba till 2023. If you are pissed, consult the nearest 500KVA transformer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by bigpicture001: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
maasoap:

Go home and ask your parents, they will you why they voted for him.
...lol...u read abt mko,while I voted for him..meaning u were too small to know about June twelve aside hear say...I know y we all voted for him..now u say y u tink he is noble...? Internet kid!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
as far as am concern democracy day is 29 of may
biafra day 30th of may

others are bull shiit

I can just waste a day I suppose work coz someone loosed election and committed suicide.........which in actual fact is an act of treason....

if na so when GEJ lost to this terrorist buhari should also be declared democracy day....after all what GEJ did is real DEMOCRACY in definition
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Pataricatering(f): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
BabaO2:

Get lost, you are an impostor. All Yorubas are one and civilized
thank you sir ! Which true Yoruba person will not be happy at this news ? Someone already said it - her name is Ijeoma - she obviously is not omoluabi!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Asabe4(f): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
Throwback:

Hand over date has no business with democracy day.

One is democracy day, the other is inauguration day.
okay... Thank you for the clarification
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
When people say moronic things like Nigeria will not know peace I wonder if they live in space.. Smh
Paperwhite:
Yet the easterners set aside a day to honour its own heros that sacrificed to correct a national imbalance skewed mostly to the advantage of the core north & the government termed them terrorists
An attempt to pacified the Yorubas as 2019 comes close right? Nigeria will not know peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by diegwu02: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
stanluiz:
I hope this so not a move to get more vote from the SW in the next upcoming presidential election in 2019 ?
Even if it is, its a better gesture than the ineffectual Buffoon cum the Hero of Ogogoro renaming UNILAG to MAULAG to win Southwest votes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This move also sends a backhand political slap to ObJ who had the opportunity to do this but failed

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Mccullum: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Buhari, your desperation to retain power is so strong.
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatica yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive Yoruba Christians.
We Christian Yorubas will not vote for you in 2019.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?
Abiola has come and gone, we have our way of mourning and remembering him.

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .

Cynthia go and speak on behalf of your Easterners not the West because we appreciate it and Buhari is not terrorist as you painted your self on this forum, thanks.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Pataricatering(f): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
kingsclass:
Is a nice move in a right direction,but that will not change our mind in voting this evil government out.
speak for yourself abeg !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by emalistic(m): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
June 12 Democracy Day== What make the day Democracy Day...

May 29 Democracy Day=== What makes the day Democracy day...

Military Annulled the election....June 12

Military Hand over power....May 29...….

Borrow me sense somebody... Which is democracy here

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Dailymemoirs: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
A man who lacks democracy pretending to be a democrat for.political gains?
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by femi4: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
bigpicture001:
...lol...u read abt mko,while I voted for him..meaning u were too small to know about June twelve aside hear say...I know y we all voted for him..now u say y u tink he is noble...? Internet kid!
Don't mind the VAR generation
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sundamonex(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
finally, I can...

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by nairavsdollars(f): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bribe
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
oyetunder:
undecided Lessons for Ogun people.... Obasanjo attacked Fela...he hated Awolowo...and refused to recognise June 12 even though Abiola was also from Ogun. Now someone from the North...hmmm

He needs your votes!!

Vote PMB so he can turn your ancestral lands to cattle conlony!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by islandmoon: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
fulani scam, trying to scam yoruba s

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by otokx(m): 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
PMB is surely making some nice moves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by RexTramadol1: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
I like this........ Asin I love it

Buh m still not voting Buhari.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by bigpicture001: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
Throwback:

June 12 is about Democratic franchise.

The people chose a man in national election, to lead them as their president. He won but the election was cancelled.

That the federal government finally recognizes that national victory and the democratic struggle that ensued and culminated in the 1999 return to democracy, is a thing to be celebrated by all Nigerians who cherish democratic franchise.

Abiola as the winner of that election, represented the will of the Nigerian people to make their own choice.

We do not know if he would have been a great or useless president, but the choice of the people was rejected by a few who had the power to trample on the rights of the majority.

Whether Abiola was a saint or not, the people chose him, and the people have a right to choose who would lead them.

The noble action that Obasanjo refused to take, was to recognize that day for its significance, and to formally acknowledge Abiola as winner of that election, even if not releasing the results officially. But he was to egoistic to do anything that would take away his own glory.
Once again, shame on IBB.
...very nice explanation...this showed u went to skl...I luv that...even dou I disagree on the said national day of democracy, u impressed me....i score u. 98/100 ...

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by CSTR1003: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
lol.
Anything for the votes.

I doubt it would change much.

Those that will vote for him will, those that won't will not.

I don't think a human being with functional brain cells will change his mind about buhari because of a mere holiday .

The good thing is that the man knows his catchment area and is doing his best to appeal to their sentiments.

He should not come and disturb us who despise him for votes in 2019. It is too late for anything to change.

He would do well to focus his electoral machinery in the South West .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by OsamaB: 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
Throwback:

Thanks for clarifying this with your sarcasm. wink

Where is it written that a democracy day has to be a handover date?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Obasanjo Returns $200 Million To National Treasury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.