Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60596 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by DatIjebuBoi: 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
teebee22:
she is not been smart, she is just protecting her right, which is keeping the cert. I assume she was given the cert to keep at the registry and not u. pls don't let some of these people who are not too enlightened on this issue spoil ur beautiful marriage. Build ur home, make ur woman happy and with the help of God u would tell ur kids how good their mum is. she may be scared of giving u the original cos I av heard of cases where the man took the cert and set it on fire; cos of ignorant friends who deceived him that the woman will have more say than him cos she is holding the cert. pls sir, I dnt know u but court or no court a loyal and well trained woman will always be one. my sister has been married for more than 11 years and their marriage is still Swt as its first year. mind u they did court marriage.
So in essence he should just trust her while she doesn't trust him back.How about placing somewhere where they both have access and no one can remove it without the other consent.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Exactly!! It could mean that he is trying to play a fast one. It is better if he doesn't bother getting married at all.Most churches only wed you after you have gone to the court.

True talk sis..Imagine doing only traditional marriage like one is a herbalist and fore-going court marriage..Story for the press!!...

What then is the evidence to the state we are married??...Marriage Certificate issued by the court is what embassies even require and recognise....and like you said,churches legit churches insist on Court marriage before they wed one in church..

P.s..is actually funny how some guys who 'managed' to agree to Court marriage are talking about 'pre-nup'....'Pre-nup' in their one-room apartment with one mattress,stove,TV and fan cheesy

9ja males and their delusions no go kee me grin

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by HARDDON: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Seahawk:
Or she can rent her own house and live comfortably. She doesn’t have to be in her father’s hut.

A woman only live in two places all her life time:

In her father's house or her husband's.

The name she bears, bear testimony to this.

So whether she rent an apartment or not, she is still living with her father, whose name she bears. u dig?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Lilimax(f): 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:
People go into marriage thinking it won't last. Marriage built on foundation of sand of distrust and mutual suspicion. Na by force to marry if you already from inception thinking it is not going to work? Devil has indeed taken over the hearts of people and enslaved them with his reign of fear.
Tha's the state we are in! People go into marriage and expecting it to pack up any most moment shocked God forbid! Where is the vow of for better for worse till death do them part undecided May God help us! GBERRA, what do you have to say one this matter?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Jebosh(m): 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2018
Is only stupid man that will open all hand for woman to see,when u open one close d other.be wise men
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
egojeny1:
There's a marriage certificate normally issued by the local govt. Can it serve as a marriage cert. from the registry?
Which local govt certificate are you referring to? Are you talking about the court registry offices located within the local govt premises, where court weddings are conducted?

......An earlier judgment by Justice Oyindamola Olomojobi of the Federal High Court, wherein the court declared that only councils have the powers to register marriages by virtue of Section 30 (1) of the Marriage Act and Section 7 (5) of the 1999 Constitution.

However, in the said judgment delivered on June 8, 2002, Justice Olomojobi clarified that other lawful authorities could “celebrate or contract marriages.”

Justice Olomojobi listed “Lawful bodies or authorities, which can celebrate or contract marriages for intending persons, who are desirous of getting married as husbands and wives, as “Registrars in places designated as an office; recognised ministers of a religious organisation in a licenced place of worship; and marriages contracted under the licence granted by the Director General, Ministry of Internal Affairs; Director General of a state government in charge of marriages; any officer in the ministries the Minister of Internal Affairs.” https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/local-government-can-issue-marriage-certificates-in-accordance-with-marriage-act-say-lawyers/
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sterope:
The Nigerian family law will not ask the husband to share the properties with the wife if he built it with his money. It would ask only if the wife can also prove that she also contributed to the property mostly financial. It is rare for Nigerian courts to share properties and assets between husband and wife if it is owned by one of them. That is why smart women should insist to have their names on properties.

Also, unless your wife is cray cray that is she can handle herself but if she can't and you love your children (not necessarily her), you will legalise your marriage. The reason is the issue of inheritance after your death.

If you care about her too and the way go your family might treat her, you will legalise your marriage.

Thank you, o! shocked You just spoke my mind. This is what I said earlier on the first page on this thread, and someone started asking me ridiculous questions! angry
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
LaIabobo:
Madam, customary marriage under your native laws and customs is completely legal in Nigeria.
Wait first....who issues the marriage certificate to cover this type of marriage?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
Enice:
all marriage certificates (registry, church/english, customary/native, muslim, etc) are the same in Nigeria. The difference is under what law (common law, sharia law, or native law) are you getting married? Under common law (church and english), you are entitled to one wife at a time. Under sharia law (muslim), you are entitled to as many wives as sharia law permits and under native law, you are entitled to what your custom or culture permits. In the case of divorce, you will be judged according to the law you married under. The most important thing is the government recognised official that officiates/signs off the proceedings of the marriage certificate. For church the priest, for english the marriage registrar or any justice of peace, for muslim the imam or whoever according to sharia law, and for native the recognised person according to your native law,
note: the law you marry under will be the law that will guide your marriage and divorce.
Never heard of marriage certificates being issued for traditional weddings......! shocked Where on earth did you get that one from?

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Seahawk: 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mmm

Unfortunately for you, she can live in HER OWN HOUSE before and after marriage regardless of which name she chooses to bear. Your sexism can’t change that..
HARDDON:

A woman only live in two places all her life time:

In her father's house or her husband's.

The name she bears, bear testimony to this.

So whether she rent an apartment or not, she is still living with her father, whose name she bears. u dig?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
Yes am a full time housewife.

It works for us.

U can throw ur kids to minders and nursery or even househelp that will be doing the unthinkable to them, We decided that our kids will be raise by us, drop off at school, get lunch ready before they come back, pick them up , feed them , take them to football or swimming lessons. Get dinner ready for hubby , prepare school and Hubbys things for tmrw.

If I didn’t this, nanny will be busy beating my kids for no just reason, the driver will be probably be fingering my 7yr old without my knowledge and the house girl will be using my sons dick to practice, my husband will be eating buka food and having dysentery every now and then.

And I won’t work till my last child is in secondary school, yet I can bet a million that am still financially better off than u.
Madam, I pray your streak of good luck will not run out, as you continue your ministry of full-time housewife. sad Two of my female friends lost their husbands recently. One was married for 12 years, while the other was married for 9 years. Both of them were full-time housewives.

The first one has been unable to get a job, and has had to withdraw 2 out of the 3 kids from school, since there is no money. cry The 2nd one is busy battling in-laws over her late husband's property. Only God knows how the case will end.

Another female neighbour (who is totally unrelated to these two women) was just informed that her husband has suffered a stroke, so he cannot walk or earn a living until he recovers. undecided Luckily, she works for a multinational organisation, and she has medical insurance which covers the entire family, unlike her husband that was self-employed.

The point is that you are better off having a job or career, that will put food on your table and funds in your bank account, so that you can have something to fall back on when challenges come up. undecided Apart from that, any funds you earn will come in handy to help your husband the day his cash reserves run low. Having a job/career/business improves your mind, helps you to network and increases your appreciation and understanding of the different sides of life.

As for monitoring househelps, nannies and drivers - every sensible woman usually ensures she gets a job/career, that allows her ample time to monitor and supervise her children & her home. Even if you give your husband home-cooked meals, the day he decides to follow one 'soyoyo' to her house to eat her own version of home-cooked meals, I can bet that you would not be there. undecided Women who weave their whole lives around hubby, are the ones who end up with high-blood pressure, the day the man loses interest in the marriage, or decides to seek for a diversion outside the home.

As a housewife, staying with your children 24x7, does not guarantee that the day they go to stay in boarding house or university on their own for the first time, (without you hovering around them), they would not get carried away by the things they see or people they meet, and lose their heads. What matters most in a child's upbringing is quality time, and not quantity time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Bojc7:

If she, @omega, writes like a teenager, then u write like a toddler!
A woman spends 20 solid years in ur crib raising u a dynasty and in ur elderly (sic) wisdom ufeel she shd leave ur house exactly as she came? I guess she also entered d marriage with those children from Siberia, shey?
Jesu!
Indeed women have suffered in our hands.
SMH!!!

Just read what this clown is writing, all in an effort to get "likes" from faceless women! All these men tha have been "de-balled" sef! angry
Again, l also need to ask you, 'How old are you and have you ever married in your life" because your 'blissful ignorance' is mind-boggling?

Since you have data and can type on nairaland, it is shocking that l need to lecture you that:
1.) A woman (wife) does not spend 20yrs in her husbands house, raising "his dynasty".
It is foolhardy to pretend that the man owns the children of the family.
At worst, they both own them so, she is "raising her own dynasty as well" and needs no "COMPENSATION" for contributing to the raising of her own children, just like the husband needs no compensation for raising or feeding his own children.

2.) Marriage is between two people and as l have pointed out in my former post on this thread, everything a husband enjoys in marriage, the wife also enjoys it so, NO ONE HAS DONE THE OTHER ANY FAVOR TO WARRANT ANY COMPENSATION.

Be it sex, they both enjoy.
Be it fame, they both enjoy (ask wife of presidetns or Governors, even when she contributed nothing to his dabgerous political venture)
Be it wealth, they both enjoy it (even with the likelyhood that the husband brings more to the table)

If the marriage subsists for twenty or a hundred years, they are both enjoying and contributing to it, during those years and none of them is due any special compensation, afterall, they chose to marry themselves ..... for the benefits they both think there is, in it.

Just NAME ONE THING that the Women BRINGS or GIVES TO THE MARRIAGE............. that is SOLELY for the benefit of the husband, and let us examine it properly.

All these silly, falacious and ignorant dtatement that "She-men" without a brain like oyu make, may make the women have an orgasm but that is just how far it goes.

if your own woman is "suffering in your hands", dont for one minute think that is how the women of others are suffering in their hands, you are just not up to it. undecided undecided

The KEY FACTOR, in my own opinion, that should determine what a woman gets when her husband wants out (divorce) is if the basis of the divorce was for infidelity or not.
Once infidelity is proven, she gets NOTHING from him.
End of story.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ziggylady:

True talk sis..Imagine doing only traditional marriage like one is a herbalist and fore-going court marriage..Story for the press!!...

What then is the evidence to the state we are married??...Marriage Certificate issued by the court is what embassies even require and recognise....and like you said,churches legit churches insist on Court marriage before they wed one in church..

P.s..is actually funny how some guys who 'managed' to agree to Court marriage are talking about 'pre-nup'....'Pre-nup' in their one-room apartment with one mattress,stove,TV and fan cheesy

It is the IGNORANCE of you Nigerian women and your alter-ego male arse-kissers, is what would kill una.

You dont have to do a court marriage, to be considered husband and wife, in the eyes of the law.
Even in the USA and Europe, under the column 'type of marriage', there is the option called "PARTNER".

Yes, the man you are married to, whom you both live together as husband and wife and have children together, is defined as your PARTNER.
The implication of this, in the eyes of the Law is that you are entitled to all the reliefs (including tax) of Registery/legally married couples BUT without the LEGALISE of a registry marriage.

Anyone who has lived abroad for a considerable length of time can attest to this.
The couples simple decide that they chose not to do a registry marriage ...and there are those who do the Registry marriage (after lving all their lives as "Partners" ) when they attain a very old age and all their children have moved out to their own family homes (married) sometimes as old as 60yrs!
I am sure we have all seen such marriage of 'old couples'. Infact, a majority of couples fall under this category, in Western countries.
The beauty of this arraingement is that both husband and wife have "seen it all and seen each other inside-out" and each one has nothing to fear of the other and their trust has been built solidly over decades.

Unlike the Nigerian woman/wife, the moment she decides to marry, her eyes are already on the property you are yet to acquire and being who they are, that she would bring you a 'bastard' child from a cheating relationship with your neighbour, driver or ex-lover, is almost certain.
So, she needs to tie you down properly with a registry marriage, with the assurance that one day, her shennanigans would be revealed. grin grin

Smart but Evil.

BTW: Pre-Nup is not only done by those who have wealth 'at present', it is also put in place by those who "Have POTENTIAL", to safe guard against whatever they make by themselves.
For example, if l am a software designer with great Potential to make huge money (say lile Zukerberg of Facebook), l might sign a Pre-Nup saying that in case of divorce, she is only entitled to 5% of my net-worth when it happens or that l am not entitled to whatever money she makes 'personally' if say she is trained Medic..
Living in a single room certainly does not preclude anyone from signing a Pre-Nup, unnugo? tongue

Pre-Nup is basically a private agreement betwene intending couples, signed willingly and made bindong on both of them.
The Court will enforce any private such agreement as long as it is not void, ab initio.

Your Mumu is becoming too glaring o. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:
People go into marriage thinking it won't last. Marriage built on foundation of sand of distrust and mutual suspicion. Na by force to marry if you already from inception thinking it is not going to work? Devil has indeed taken over the hearts of people and enslaved them with his reign of fear.

You are right and on the ball...but that is the reality of our times, and we just have to live with it and act on it.

As a matter of fact, marriage OF TODAY has become "a deadly game between two adversaries" who chose to fight the battle at close quarters, under the same roof!
shocked shocked undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

Never heard of marriage certificates being issued for traditional weddings......! shocked Where on earth did you get that one from?
http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/family-law/marriage/72-marriages-in-nigeria
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ziggylady:

This got me in stitches hahahaha. So that she won't take the stove and mattress if they divorce cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Jeferious: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
poseidon12:

Companionship, according to the good book, the Bible. The Westerners that brought us Christianity understand that, but Nigerians don't seem to. That is why everyone around will start counting for you as soon you get married. If by the second year and still no pregnancy, the typical Nigerian dude and his mom will start considering their options which might include leaving the marriage.
Since you were asking, I guess you fall into this category of Nigerians.
Before you start alleging/guessing what you are not sure of, Lemme ask you. The Westerners who brought marriage to you...how stable and okay is their marriage institution right now?

As for companionship, a PS4 would fill that void for me. Everybody does not live for pu#$y.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
Enice:
http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/family-law/marriage/72-marriages-in-nigeria
Oga, nothing in the article you cited states that marriage certificates can be issued to cover traditional marriages or customary marriages! shocked Stop trying to mislead people. Only statutory marriages (i.e. registry/court marriages or church marriages conducted under the Marriage Act) are covered by a valid marriage certificate, issued by the Ministry of the Interior/Internal Affairs.

For a marriage done in a church to be legal, it must be done in consonance with the provisions of the Marriage Act or it is no marriage at all. This brings us to the place of marriage.

A statutory marriage must be celebrated in the Registrar’s office and the licensed place of worship i.e. a church. The licenses for churches to conduct marriages are obtained from the Ministry of Interior to enable it conduct statutory marriages after the fulfillment of certain requirements... http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/family-law/marriage/72-marriages-in-nigeria
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:

You couldn't have said it better. They are getting married with divorce at the back of their minds...already allowing other people's bad experiences crowd their judgement and reasoning.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
DatIjebuBoi:
So in essence he should just trust her while she doesn't trust him back.How about placing somewhere where they both have access and no one can remove it without the other consent.
he has to and wat does he even need the original for? if he is not been pushed by bad influence. u sure know she will keep it safe if its with her cos its her right and the man can easily destroy that right cos he has nothing to loose.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
pocohantas:

True story. It usually comes with a change in status, which is why women and humans generally, should improve on themselves.

When the man starts climbing up the social ladder, he might not want to be seen with the lace and gele wearing wife. Isn't this how escort girls make money? They follow rich men for functions and get paid.

We should give GEJ some respect. He is a real man for sticking to Mama Peace smiley cheesy

And you think Mama Peace is his first and only wife?

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by TheKingIsHere: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

You're asking me that?

do registry marriage with a lady who knows the constitution very well and you'll know who's going to enforce it.

If you like go and do registry marriage.. suicide will end it last last

But most people do church marriage and just register it in the registry.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, nothing in the article you cited states that marriage certificates can be issued to cover traditional marriages or customary marriages! shocked Stop trying to mislead people. Only statutory marriages (i.e. registry/court marriages or church marriages conducted under the Marriage Act) are covered by a valid marriage certificate, issued by the Ministry of the Interior/Internal Affairs.

question for you
1. Is customary marriage legal
2. If it is can it be documented for official use
3. Who documents it and in what form
4. Or is a new legislation required for those practicing their custom and religion different from that of the common law but recognised by the constitution.
The answers to this questions no doubt tells us that the marriage of a muslim or traditionalist can be documented for official use and a certificate given as evidence.
Buhari is a muslim. His is marriage statutory? Wole Soyinka is a trditionalist, I don't know if he his married or not but his is marriage documented?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bizibi(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ziggylady:

Yeah right! undecided
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by linearity: 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

Wills are being contested every day in court. sad In fact as I speak to you, I know a case where the wife of the deceased has sued the executors of her husband's will, simply because the man forbade anyone from selling his properties after his death, and the wife is hell bent on doing so. shocked This is the 5th year after the man's death, and none of the terms of the man's will have been executed, simply because his wife went to court to place a caveat on it.

The wife was probably statutorily married to the guy, so she have some legal standing in court and the guy cannot easily cut her off his will.

We are talking about a situation where the wife is married according to traditions or Islamic rites and the guy have a Will and an Executor. Yes, anyone can go to court and institute a case, if you have two dimes to rob together, there are some lawyers somewhere, who are willing to milk it off you and start a court fight...but, if the Will is genuine, it will be honored by any court of law, just like her statutory marriage certificate and the lady have zero say.

The only time a court can nullify a Will is, if was found out that it was altered after the facts of death or if it was faked. Same way a court can annull a statutory marriage and toss the certificate if, someone was deceived into it or was entered into in bad fate....So, both have the force of law, remedy and veracity....Only that, in one you have total control over how your assets get distributed, but in the order, that control is left to the discretion of the court.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by NoToPile: 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lots of silly posts

My own stand is simple, for people I know and can advise if you are going to do traditional and not solemnizing in church then go to the registry solemnize and collect your certificate

If you are having a church ceremony ENSURE it is a registered church like some of the orthodox e.g catholic Anglican etc etc. If it's pentecostal ensure its the registered ones like RCCG, Mfm etc etc

Any other thing is story story.

Ask questions be smart.

If the man marries another wife legally she will be the legal wife
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by KevinDein: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
DatIjebuBoi:
Teebee22, please respond to this comment I quoted. He made a valid point and it deserves your response.

Thank you, Ma cool
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by DECENCY3: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
Op you have a negative mindset. Your type never sees anything good in a woman no matter how she sacrifice for you.

How can you be in this modern age and be thinking like a great grand father or men of Lord Lugard's era.

Why didn't you write about the positive aspect of the Registry marriage.

if God blesses you in future and you want to travel abroad with your family that's when you'll know the importance of court marriage

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by gberra: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lilimax:
Tha's the state we are in! People go into marriage and expecting it to pack up any most moment shocked God forbid! Where is the vow of for better for worse till death do them part undecided May God help us! GBERRA, what do you have to say one this matter?
Baby, do not be bothered by panic tales neither should you entertain thoughts of disbelief. Although there are various motives and circumstances to a marriage, however, I have never been pessimistic about Us. We are meant for each other and nothing can put us apart.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Daboomb:

It is the IGNORANCE of you Nigerian women and your alter-ego male arse-kissers, is what would kill una.

You dont have to do a court marriage, to be considered husband and wife, in the eyes of the law.
Even in the USA and Europe, under the column 'type of marriage', there is the option called "PARTNER".

Yes, the man you are married to, whom you both live together as husband and wife and have children together, is defined as your PARTNER.
The implication of this, in the eyes of the Law is that you are entitled to all the reliefs (including tax) of Registery/legally married couples BUT without the LEGALISE of a registry marriage.

Anyone who has lived abroad for a considerable length of time can attest to this.
The couples simple decide that they chose not to do a registry marriage ...and there are those who do the Registry marriage (after lving all their lives as "Partners" ) when they attain a very old age and all their children have moved out to their own family homes (married) sometimes as old as 60yrs!
I am sure we have all seen such marriage of 'old couples'. Infact, a majority of couples fall under this category, in Western countries.
The beauty of this arraingement is that both husband and wife have "seen it all and seen each other inside-out" and each one has nothing to fear of the other and their trust has been built solidly over decades.

Unlike the Nigerian woman/wife, the moment she decides to marry, her eyes are already on the property you are yet to acquire and being who they are, that she would bring you a 'bastard' child from a cheating relationship with your neighbour, driver or ex-lover, is almost certain.
So, she needs to tie you down properly with a registry marriage, with the assurance that one day, her shennanigans would be revealed. grin grin

Smart but Evil.

BTW: Pre-Nup is not only done by those who have wealth 'at present', it is also put in place by those who "Have POTENTIAL", to safe guard against whatever they make by themselves.
For example, if l am a software designer with great Potential to make huge money (say lile Zukerberg of Facebook), l might sign a Pre-Nup saying that in case of divorce, she is only entitled to 5% of my net-worth when it happens or that l am not entitled to whatever money she makes 'personally' if say she is trained Medic..
Living in a single room certainly does not preclude anyone from signing a Pre-Nup, unnugo? tongue

Pre-Nup is basically a private agreement betwene intending couples, signed willingly and made bindong on both of them.
The Court will enforce any private such agreement as long as it is not void, ab initio.

Your Mumu is becoming too glaring o. shocked shocked

I honestly do not see the need for your immature and emotional out-bursts and insult,are you that small-minded.obnoxious and horrible??...Is it that you cannot have a civil conversation without behaving like a frustrated and enraged bull in a China shop??...I never insulted you nor was i even talking to you,only for you to jump down my throat like a tout with insults in tow.

.. Eveything you said is basically bullcrap cos if you think you can walk into an American Embassy or an European one seeking for a VISA as a Nigerian in Nigeria,fill a form and claim you are married or have a 'partner' and they will believe you without hard evidence,then you have another thinking..

They consider Nigerians as pathological liars and career fraudsters whose words and claims should be taken with a pinch of salt until proven innocent .

My Pre-nup statements are on-point cos most males in Nigeria intending to marry are actually poor dudes with nothing much to boast of interms of material acquisition so what nonsense 'terms of agreement are they signing..to protect what really??..their 8inch foams,stove,boiling rings and fans?...pleasee!!!!!..Majority are still poor after 30years of marriage so laughter is all i have for 'pre-nup' Nigerian agitators.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

This got me in stitches hahahaha. So that she won't take the stove and mattress if they divorce cheesy

I tell you..they are protecting their one plastic bucket,foam,ceiling fan and kerosene stove incase of 'incasity' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by amethystnnty1: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Daboomb:

Just read what this clown is writing, all in an effort to get "likes" from faceless women! All these men tha have been "de-balled" sef! angry
Again, l also need to ask you, 'How old are you and have you ever married in your life" because your 'blissful ignorance' is mind-boggling?

Since you have data and can type on nairaland, it is shocking that l need to lecture you that:
1.) A woman (wife) does not spend 20yrs in her husbands house, raising "his dynasty".
It is foolhardy to pretend that the man owns the children of the family.
At worst, they both own them so, she is "raising her own dynasty as well" and needs no "COMPENSATION" for contributing to the raising of her own children, just like the husband needs no compensation for raising or feeding his own children.

2.) Marriage is between two people and as l have pointed out in my former post on this thread, everything a husband enjoys in marriage, the wife also enjoys it so, NO ONE HAS DONE THE OTHER ANY FAVOR TO WARRANT ANY COMPENSATION.

Be it sex, they both enjoy.
Be it fame, they both enjoy (ask wife of presidetns or Governors, even when she contributed nothing to his dabgerous political venture)
Be it wealth, they both enjoy it (even with the likelyhood that the husband brings more to the table)

If the marriage subsists for twenty or a hundred years, they are both enjoying and contributing to it, during those years and none of them is due any special compensation, afterall, they chose to marry themselves ..... for the benefits they both think there is, in it.

Just NAME ONE THING that the Women BRINGS or GIVES TO THE MARRIAGE............. that is SOLELY for the benefit of the husband, and let us examine it properly.

All these silly, falacious and ignorant dtatement that "She-men" without a brain like oyu make, may make the women have an orgasm but that is just how far it goes.

if your own woman is "suffering in your hands", dont for one minute think that is how the women of others are suffering in their hands, you are just not up to it. undecided undecided

The KEY FACTOR, in my own opinion, that should determine what a woman gets when her husband wants out (divorce) is if the basis of the divorce was for infidelity or not.
Once infidelity is proven, she gets NOTHING from him.
End of story.

Brilliance!
I would have stopped at just giving you one like for this comment but that wouldn't be enough.

Marriage was never about men or the benefits he gets out of it though some infinitesimal few might (not something I believe) but mostly about women who get all their reason for existence from it and I'm talking about through all history not just the modern times. Men have always been utility for women and subconsciously or consciously women are aware of it.

This is why they rarely if ever get hitched to Someone who doesn't offer a better life or the life as they currently have it. Nothing was and will ever be done for the man that is not directly or indirectly for her.

I know the realization won't be what they think they want when we all get the equality FEMINIST think they're pushing because in a relationship of equals why would anybody deserve to get anything that isn't theirs.

P.S: IF MARRIAGE EVER GET TO BE THE OPTION I TAKE TO PRESERVE MY GENETIC LEGACY IT WOULD BE TO A FEMINIST WHO FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES WOULD LOVE EQUALITY, NOTHING GIVEN THAT IS NOT EARNED

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Why Do Very Beautiful Girls Make This Mistake??? / 10 Types Of Guys That Always Have Ladies Lurking Around Them For Relationship / How To Identify A Runs Girl - By Joro Olumofin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.