Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60443 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bojc7: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2018
[s]
Daboomb:

Just read what this clown is writing, all in an effort to get "likes" from faceless women! All these men tha have been "de-balled" sef! angry
Again, l also need to ask you, 'How old are you and have you ever married in your life" because your 'blissful ignorance' is mind-boggling?

Since you have data and can type on nairaland, it is shocking that l need to lecture you that:
1.) A woman (wife) does not spend 20yrs in her husbands house, raising "his dynasty".
It is foolhardy to pretend that the man owns the children of the family.
At worst, they both own them so, she is "raising her own dynasty as well" and needs no "COMPENSATION" for contributing to the raising of her own children, just like the husband needs no compensation for raising or feeding his own children.

2.) Marriage is between two people and as l have pointed out in my former post on this thread, everything a husband enjoys in marriage, the wife also enjoys it so, NO ONE HAS DONE THE OTHER ANY FAVOR TO WARRANT ANY COMPENSATION.

Be it sex, they both enjoy.
Be it fame, they both enjoy (ask wife of presidetns or Governors, even when she contributed nothing to his dabgerous political venture)
Be it wealth, they both enjoy it (even with the likelyhood that the husband brings more to the table)

If the marriage subsists for twenty or a hundred years, they are both enjoying and contributing to it, during those years and none of them is due any special compensation, afterall, they chose to marry themselves ..... for the benefits they both think there is, in it.

Just NAME ONE THING that the Women BRINGS or GIVES TO THE MARRIAGE............. that is SOLELY for the benefit of the husband, and let us examine it properly.

All these silly, falacious and ignorant dtatement that "She-men" without a brain like oyu make, may make the women have an orgasm but that is just how far it goes.

if your own woman is "suffering in your hands", dont for one minute think that is how the women of others are suffering in their hands, you are just not up to it. undecided undecided[/s]

The KEY FACTOR, in my own opinion, that should determine what a woman gets when her husband wants out (divorce) is if the basis of the divorce was for infidelity or not.
Once infidelity is proven, she gets NOTHING from him.
End of story.

Wow.... see painment! smiley
You would've made a lot of sense if u had 'submitted' only the last (two) paragraph(s) (which was why I didn't delete it) smiley

The bottom line is that d op didn't mention in his treaty dt infidelity was d cause of the divorce, or did he? I'm well too sure that had infidelty bn d cause, he would've blurted it to
justify his action!

Ngwa...., take some cold water b4 u explode:
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Daboomb:

Look at this Dindinrin!
When you said "Naija males and their delusions" ....l guess that is a complement?
People like you are so foolish you just talk banally and throw words around..

Its a pity that you cant think beyond "Emabssy Visa Application" like that is what marriage is all about!
What about people who have dual citizenship (Nigerian and European/American) and dont have to go to an Embassy before travelling abroad?

Suffice to say, your comprehension skills are non-existent and its a shame you cant see beyond your nose.
That you fall into the category opf "No Future Ambitions (NFA) and will still remain poor after thrity years, is quite understandable...
especially with your type of mentality and shortsightedness, that's 'given'. undecided undecided

Now Buzz-off and let me discuss with intelligent people joor.

You are such a pathetic oaf and a waste of space..You carried your filthy self to my mentions ionly to order me to 'buzz' off ..Better go cure your mental sickness cos its clear you are insane....Embassy is not blablabla,yet 90% of Nigerian able-bodied men and women would want to leave this country if given the chance...with another 90% claiming to be married to stand a chance of being issued a Visa.

.You are so frustrated and embittered you cant think straight anymore..Women are not the cause of your madness or wretchedness Blame your village people and your mental illness for that...Shit-zoned waste...

Please smell off and go chat with your fellow psychos cos i never mentioned you to start with..nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
Blonchilli:

Leave that guy. Sometimes I find it hard to believe the guy is married, I just pity for his wife at home. His kind will throw her out with not even a tissue paper to her name

Free your heart from the hate you have for me and you'll realize I'm a good person.

What makes you to think I got married to a lady who doesn't have anything in her name already?

I've already clarified my stance on this page already;

I'm not totally against registry wedding .if at all it must be registry then make sure the woman has her own properties and she also has her own money.. anything other than that don't attempt registry wedding. 

Nobody goes into marriage with the hope or thoughts of divorce but this is the 21st century ,everything is possible. There are times in marriage when divorce becomes inevitable .Love doesn't keep a marriage rather it is communication and understanding that keeps a marriage .If you marry because of love, love will fade some day and all those good characters will also fade some day thus making the marriage unreconcileable. 

This is one of the reasons I don't support getting married to a broke woman or turning your wife into a full time housewife. 

A broke individual can never be trusted. It is the broke ones that will go any length to share your properties and make you emotionally devastated. 

Broke people can be greedy and very dangerous 

If the woman has her own properties and her own money there's no way court will share any properties because she can't prove that you wasted her life. 

She can only be awarded child support if you both have kids and she was also awarded custody of the kids. 

anything other than that I won't advice any man to do registry.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sterope:
Yes. She might gain a bit but not a lot like her western counterpart. Our law needs a reform but not to the extreme like the west.

reforms for what?

I'm not surprised..
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Sterope(f): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
Don't worry, you will be fine.Before then, don't develop HBP on top women matters.

Elder001:

reforms for what?

I'm not surprised..

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sterope:
Don't worry, you will be fine.Before then, don't develop HBP on top women matters.

I'm still surprised that the Nigerian lawmakers we all know will pass such bills.. seems like they don't know the implications.

95% of nass is made up of men.. still don't understand how these bills got passed.

Especially northern lawmakers... if they could pass this bill in 2004 why didn't the same NASS pass the 2014bill which would've allowed females to inherit properties in Nigeria?.

between the two which is more dangerous?

sounds funny... The same Nass that voted enmass 80% to flush out the bill that would've allowed females to inherit parents properties in Nigeria because of religious and tribal nonsense.

Nass of this century knows what's up..

Those reforms you're waiting for ..you must be dreaming.

Other than child support women shouldn't benefit any other thing from divorce... unless they contributed in acquiring a particular property then that one can be shared.

Nobody is barring you guys from making money and acquiring your own properties during the duration of marriage.

LOL, YOU HATE ME SO MUCH THAT YOU WANT ME TO DEVELOP HBP? cry

free your heart from the hate you have for me and you'll realize I'm a good person.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Blonchilli(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Elder001:

Free your heart from the hate you have for me and you'll realize I'm a good person.

What makes you to think I got married to a lady who doesn't have anything in her name already?

I've already clarified my stance on this page already;

I'm not totally against registry wedding .if at all it must be registry then make sure the woman has her own properties and she also has her own money.. anything other than that don't attempt registry wedding. 

Nobody goes into marriage with the hope or thoughts of divorce but this is the 21st century ,everything is possible. There are times in marriage when divorce becomes inevitable .Love doesn't keep a marriage rather it is communication and understanding that keeps a marriage .If you marry because of love, love will fade some day and all those good characters will also fade some day thus making the marriage unreconcileable. 

This is one of the reasons I don't support getting married to a broke woman or turning your wife into a full time housewife. 

A broke individual can never be trusted. It is the broke ones that will go any length to share your properties and make you emotionally devastated. 

Broke people can be greedy and very dangerous 

If the woman has her own properties and her own money there's no way court will share any properties because she can't prove that you wasted her life. 

She can only be awarded child support if you both have kids and she was also awarded custody of the kids. 

anything other than that I won't advice any man to do registry.
I apologize for my behavior on my thread and for misjudging you. I do not have any hatred towards you neither am I calling you out to troll you. I love interacting with people who argue intellectually and not attacking one personality or generalizing, that's what made me loose my cool on the other thread.
I agree with you on marrying a broke person. A lot of people, especially female see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme. In a situation where a man and a woman had struggled together and in the future they separate it's only right to share whatever they have. Personally I'm repulsed by women with no idea or goals in life and are desperate for marriage, woe beside the unfortunate man. I take my stance based on personal experience. As a kid I saw my mom and dad make a fortune together through thick and thin only for the man to walk out later in life with everything, it got to court and despite the court orders he still did what he wanted to do. Now with almost zero, mother raised us and we're doing good. Now if my mom had the awareness we had today the matter would have worked in a way to benefit both parties. It's the right of every woman out there who struggled with her man to enjoy the benefits too. Even if she's just a house wife ,raising kids are damn hard, not to talk of raising kids with good moral standards or a woman that manages house chores with a 8-5 job and taking care of the kids . But if it's a man who has worked hard for his money and a gold digger comes later it will be foolish if he does a registry. The point is know the kind of woman you are getting married, don't use love to make foolish decision. A lady who can foot her bills and even if she's not working but brings a lot to the table deserves some kind of benefit after divorce.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Elder001:

I'm still surprised that the Nigerian lawmakers we all know will pass such bills.. seems like they don't know the implications.

95% of nass is made up of men.. still don't understand how these bills got passed.

Especially northern lawmakers... if they could pass this bill in 2004 why didn't the same NASS pass the 2014bill which would've allowed females to inherit properties in Nigeria?.

sounds funny... The same Nass that voted enmass 80% to flush out the bill that would've allowed females to inherit parents properties in Nigeria because of religious and tribal nonsense.

Other than child support women shouldn't benefit any other thing from divorce... unless they contributed in acquiring a particular property then that one can be shared.

Nobody is barring you guys from making money and acquiring your own properties during the duration of marriage.

free your heart from the hate you have for me and you'll realize I'm a good person.

There is a very tiny fraction of women out there (unlike the Oloshos you see on every thread on Nairaland arguing and fighting tooth and nail to impress it on us that they are wortha toilet bucket of a mna's property grin grin ), ........who know and have accepted the concept that marriage is not a lottery or Baba Ijebu bet shop where someone puts-in peanuts and hope to reap bountifully, even after cheating with the results!

They want legistlative Reforms! grin grin
Oh yea, legistlation that allows them to get what they dont deserve. No be only REFORMS, una go get DEFORMS too. grin grin
- Reserve Presidency for us.
- Reserve Governorship for us
Dont be stupid, pick up the form and campaign like the men are doing, spend sleepless nights holding meetings, spend your money and get shot when things get rough, just like so many men have endured.

- Reserve Money and house for us, if our husbands catch us cheating on him or if we bring home a bastard child and he decides to divorce
- Reserve Executive positions for us, even if we do not qualify for it nor work hard for it
- Reserve Judges for us so she can do our bidding in passing judgement

Everything na RESERVE it for Women! grin grin
What happened to 'fair competition' afterall y'all claim EQUALITY?
As lng as you still crave for all these "special treatments" that actually shows that you dont have the CAPACITY to compete evenly with men, all your noise about equality remains the cries of WEAKLINGS looking for cheap advantage, using their 'body anatomy' to do so.

Obviously, Men have ALWAYS loved their women since Adam and there is an innate need to "protect and provide" for her and the whole household.
The problem arises when these women think they cant play smart by cheating on one side and then trying to usurp the role of the man while claiming equality, all in one stretch.

Even in law, you cant and are not allowed to benefit from an illegal Act!
When a woman is caught cheating in marriage, she should not be alowed to get a penny from her husband, when he decides he has had enough.
She gets Zilch

But every "supportive and faithful wife" out there deserve al the love and resources her husband can shower on her.
If your husband is happy with you, l am sure sharing all he has with you wont be a problem, that is one of the reasons he marreid you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Sterope(f): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
I thought a woman is meant to minimise her ambition to take care of the family...is she not again? You can't eat your cake and have it. She deserves something for spending the time she could have used to develop herself to take care of the family. And if you do not like it, are you willing to share family chores with her, take time off for your kids, attend their social events and take paternity leave? Those responsibilities affect ambitions. It is selfish to expect her to maintain the home and make money at the same time. She doesn't need to maintain the same lifestyle she had while married but she surely deserves a slice of the cake. For housewives, they deserve more than a slice.

If there is one thing I know about life, it is time. Wait for it and let's see if the reforms won't happen. I pray we will live long to witness it.

Elder001:

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sterope:
I thought a woman is meant to minimise her ambition to take care of the family...is she not again? You can't eat your cake and have it. She deserves something for spending the time she could have used to develop herself to take care of the family. And if you do not like it, are you willing to share family chores with her, take time off for your kids, attend their social events and take paternity leave? Those responsibilities affect ambitions. It is selfish to expect her to maintain the home and make money at the same time. She doesn't need to maintain the same lifestyle she had while married but she surely deserves a slice of the cake. For housewives, they deserve more than a slice.

If there is one thing I know about life, it is time. Wait for it and let's see if the reforms won't happen. I pray we will live long to witness it.

In other words, "men DONT take care of the family", right?
Only women do!

When it suits women, you claim women are working because they need to be equal to men.
When it does not, you claim they are minimizing their ambition to take care of the family!

What will women not 'cook up', just to gain an advantage? shocked shocked angry

But a "supportive and failthful" wife deserves everything her husband can shower on her.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by CAPSLOCKED: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
allanphash7:
Registry favor women than men and moreso its a borrowed way of getting married

Our cultural way remains the best

ARE YOU ALSO AGAINST "WHITE WEDDINGS" SINCE IT'S A BORROWED THING?

I'VE NOT SEEN POSTS FROM ANY OF YOUR COLLEAGUES SAYING PEOPLE SHOULD ABANDON ALL THE BORROWED WAYS OF GETTING MARRIED AND FOCUS ON JUST OUR CULTURAL WAY.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Sterope(f): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Who spent more time making sure you are fine at all times? Your mum or your dad?

This is not an argument because I can't remember any one searching for a homely man. Can you keep me out your issues? I don't have time for unreasonable argument biko.

Daboomb:

In other words, "men DONT take care of the family", right?
Only women do!

When it suits women, you claim women are working because they need to be equal to men.
When it does not, you claim they are minimizing their ambition to take care of the family!

What will women not 'cook up', just to gain an advantage? shocked shocked angry

But a "supportive and failthful" wife deserves everything her husband can shower on her.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sterope:
Who spent more time making sure you are fine at all times? Your mum or your dad?

This is not an argument because I can't remember any one searching for a homely husband. Can you keep me out your issues?

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
There are prenuptal agreements b/w couples preceding court weddings. Had it been in court weddings dat the woman must inherit all the man's property following a divorce then gold diggers would have been hooking with Dangote,otedola,adenuga and other wealthy nigerian men in court weddings and after one week or a month of marriage they had sue for divorce and inherit all of dangote's or otedola's propertiescheesy. Its not as simple as it looks.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Sterope(f): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
grin

Are you a homely man?

[quote author=LaudableXX post=68603310][/quote]
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Daboomb:

Just come and see woman "wayo-sense"! grin grin

A husband that is capable of keeping family assets like share certificates, Land titles, Passports.... the only thing he is not capable of keeping is Marriage cert! shocked shocked

Mariage cert IS NOT a woman's right. It belongs to the "married couple".
You people shoudl stop talking dumb. angry angry
Chisox, these our Nigerian women sef.
lolll @talking dump. that same man this is capable of destroying the cert cos he wants to trample on the woman's right. and mind u this is not church wedding o or traditional wedding. it is REGISTRY, that's if u understand. And it's very clear u dnt, so I don't av time to argue with u. Make ur findings and come back let's conclude.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
DatIjebuBoi:
He has to!!.Can u trust someone who does not trust you?,He needs it for the same reason she does if not she should give him the original and be content with the photocopies or she should do what I suggested earlier.its funny how women say things like bad influence,not being a real man when things dont go their way because the reason the wife is holding to the certificate is to protect herself and their is nothing wrong with that.what I have a problem with is the fact when the man wants the same protection he is supposedly influenced by bad people.
Oga wat if during the middle of an argument or misunderstanding the man asks for the cert. let me state mg point her "If anything happens to that cert, while the woman has a lot to loose, the man has nothing to loose.
Wat the hell are we even arguing abt? Hav u heard a woman throw her man out?, rather its the men u does that more often. In such scenario what will the woman hold on to? I dnt want to believe the people arguing this shit are enlightened adults. WTF!
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
lefulefu:
There are prenuptal agreements b/w couples preceding court weddings. Had it been in court weddings dat the woman must inherit all the man's property following a divorce then gold diggers would have been hooking with Dangote,otedola,adenuga and other wealthy nigerian men in court weddings and after one week or a month of marriage they had sue for divorce and inherit all of dangote's or otedola's propertiescheesy. Its not as simple as it looks.
u deserve a kiss Darling. Abeg help me tell them na. Ayam not understanding all these their share property saga o. which property sef the tokunbo car or the three bedroom flats. empty barrels been making noise since the time of Baal.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sterope:

This sounds funny.

A woman isn't meant to minimize her ambition to take care of the family.. that's just a ridiculous stuff

Men are sharing chores, cleaning home and taking care of kids. .seems like you forgot this is the 21st century not 1000-1999.

What are the uses of a nanny? house helps?

Don't give those excuses as reasons not to get rich and acquire your own properties .

You're a woman doesn't mean you shouldn't acquire your own properties.

Contrary to beliefs it is women at times who relegate themselves to doing all chores alone and taking care of kids alone.. some even prepare to sit at home and do nothing rather than work and make their own money then later you'll start saying it was the man who wasted your life?

Go out there make money and acquire your own properties.

No sane man on earth wants a full time housewive.. This post is meant especially for those men who turn their wives into full time housewives they better step up because in case of divorce they'll know what's up.

Time you say?

If the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY couldn't pass the bill that would've allowed females to inherit their parents properties what is now giving you assurance that they'll do any reforms? seems you think these present NASS for fools.

I'll only believe in what you just said if NASS pass the bill for females to inherit their parents properties.

The upcoming male politicians won't make any reforms rather they'll try all efforts to ditch these present ones because they know the consequences of these laws and what they're already causing in the west.

“the dream is free"

dream on... BYE

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
teebee22:
u deserve a kiss Darling. Abeg help me tell them na. Ayam not understanding all these their share property saga o. which property sef the tokunbo car or the three bedroom flats. empty barrels been making noise since the time of Baal.

I don't know whether to call you dumb or not.

Pre-nup is necessary for any man that wants a registry whether broke or rich.

You've been ranting all over the thread calling people empty barrels and shouting tokumbo car.

I can bet that you don't even have any car but you won't allow people to hear word with your ignorant and ridiculous statements.

teebee22:
Oga wat if during the middle of an argument or misunderstanding the man asks for the cert. let me state mg point her "If anything happens to that cert, while the woman has a lot to loose, the man has nothing to loose.
Wat the hell are we even arguing abt? Hav u heard a woman throw her man out?, rather its the men u does that more often. In such scenario what will the woman hold on to? I dnt want to believe the people arguing this shit are enlightened adults. WTF!

If the man can't keep the cert the woman shouldn't also keep the cert.

You've ulterior motives.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
KevinDein:

Teebee22, please respond to this comment I quoted. He made a valid point and it deserves your response.

Thank you, Ma cool
You all know men are very convincing. And the next thing he does is to remove it from there, when he has been wrongly informed and then uses the phrase "I am the man of the house, I own u and married u with my money". Guys u know wat I am saying o, but I hope that convincing spirit would let u agree am saying the truth. Even at the registry, the registrar will tell the woman to keep the cert cos its her right.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
Elder001:

I don't know whether to call you dumb or not.

Pre-nup is necessary for any man that wants a registry whether broke or rich.

You've been ranting all over the thread calling people empty barrels and shouting tokumbo car.

I can bet that you don't even have any car but you won't allow people to hear word with your ignorant and ridiculous statements.

If the man can't keep the cert the woman shouldn't also keep the cert.

You've ulterior motives.
u dnt even av to call me dumb cos I already see one in you or should I say u feel insecure. oga abeg park well. I dnt av a car, yes! but am proud not to be dependent on any one. Ask my family and friend, I am very dependent, i stick to my plans and ain't taking no shit from nobody. if my future husband refuses to have a registry, I av no issue with that and that will even be the more reason i will work more for mine.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sterope:

This is not an argument because I can't remember any one searching for a homely man. Can you keep me out your issues? I don't have time for unreasonable argument biko.

I am sure and it is rather unfortunate that you are saddled with 'sickly-boys' who need you to make sure they are fine.
On the other hand, its most likely you were spawned by one of those useless, drunklen absent fathers who never stay home nor contribute to your psychological and mental paucity
That is your lot in life so bear your cross gleefully. grin grin

Real, matured men like us can take good care of themselves and the children they bring forth, with a supportive and faithful wife in tow. undecided undecided

......and by the way, with your level of extremely low I.Q, you dont qualify to argue with me 'cos l dont do arguements with simpletons. undecided undecided
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Sterope(f): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
k

Daboomb:

I am sure and it is rather unfortunate that you are saddled with 'sickly-boys' who need you to make sure they are fine.
On the other hand, its most likely you were spawned by one of those useless, drunklen absent fathers who never stay home nor contribute to your psychological and mental paucity
That is your lot in life so bear your cross gleefully. grin grin

Real, matured men like us can take good care of themselves and the children they bring forth, with a supportive and faithful wife in tow. undecided undecided

......and by the way, with your level of extremely low I.Q, you dont qualify to argue with me 'cos l dont do arguements with simpletons. undecided undecided
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
teebee22:
lolll @talking dump. that same man this is capable of destroying the cert cos he wants to trample on the woman's right. and mind u this is not church wedding o or traditional wedding. it is REGISTRY, that's if u understand. And it's very clear u dnt, so I don't av time to argue with u. Make ur findings and come back let's conclude.

Just hear this classless hoe!
Its not called 'dump'! it is called DUMB, .............dumbo!

Ediots like you should never engage in intellectual discuss.

Whether it is Orisha or trado-voodo wedding , Marriage Certs are in Triplicates and the Govt can keep one, what stops the wifey keeping one and the Husband keeps one.
To assert that it is only the woman who deserves to keep the only original Cert available, (again, you scoundrels are working on the errorneous and ignorant assumption that once you refuse to hand-over the marriage cert in your custody, your husband cant divorce you) exposes the evil plans in the hearts of women like you.

If the man can destroy the Cert, then only an slowpoke like yourself wont be able to imagine that the woman can also do the same. if it suits her.

Even that ignorant clown up there said she has NEVER HEARD A WOMAN THROWING HER HUSBAND OUT OF THE HOUSE! shocked grin
Are these shyters under-age girls or they just crawled out of cave?
SMH
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
teebee22:
You all know men are very convincing. And the next thing he does is to remove it from there, when he has been wrongly informed and then uses the phrase "I am the man of the house, I own u and married u with my money". Guys u know wat I am saying o, but I hope that convincing spirit would let u agree am saying the truth. Even at the registry, the registrar will tell the woman to keep the cert cos its her right.

Though any Registrar that says that will be talking thrash as it is not backed by any law.........

I will simply collect it from her infront of such Registrar...... and let me see if he will arrest me or marry her him/herself. grin grin
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
teebee22:
u dnt even av to call me dumb cos I already see one in you or should I say u feel insecure. oga abeg park well. I dnt av a car, yes! but am proud not to be dependent on any one. Ask my family and friend, I am very dependent, i stick to my plans and ain't taking no shit from nobody. if my future husband refuses to have a registry, I av no issue with that and that will even be the more reason i will work more for mine.

Aaaahhh....... now l undertsand why these "kids" has been talking poo all day.
They are yet to "walk the talk".

When you grow-up and mature enough to be called a wife-material, tie down a handsome man and let him be courageous enough to take you to the later.
At the registry, tell him he has no right to the marriage cert ...and then come back to tell us what happened. grin grin

Jeeez, l never realised l have been engaging with underage/Teenagers. angry angry angry
I rest my case.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Excuzeme: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
This is interesting read, women can be very Evil.

https://www.nairaland.com/4568940/lady-denies-ex-life-time-career

(CNN) — Eric Abramovitz's hard work had paid off: The accomplished clarinet player had been accepted to his dream school. But he never got to hear the good news.
That's because when his acceptance email arrived in 2014, Abramovitz's then-girlfriend, Jennifer Lee, deleted it and sent him a fake rejection email from the school. It was a $265,000 mistake.

"It was really devastating to feel that incredible betrayal," Abramovitz told CNN. "It made me think of our whole relationship and it made me feel like everything might have been a lie."

Where it began

A college sophomore studying music at McGill University at the time, Abramovitz had applied to a two-year, full-scholarship program to finish his bachelor's degree at Colburn Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles. Itching to study with a renowned clarinet teacher, Abramovitz spent many late nights in practice rooms to prepare for his audition, which he thought went well.

The full scholarship -- which includes tuition, room and board -- is worth about $50,000 a year and Abramovitz said graduating from Colburn would have set him up for a high-paying symphony career. When he was rejected, Abramovitz said he was crushed.
"It was a disappointing feeling," Abramovitz said. "I had such high hopes."
Abramovitz would have studied under Yehuda Gilad, who is considered one of the best clarinet instructors in the world, he said. Gilad accepts only two new students each year at Colburn, and Abramovitz was one of them.

How she covered her tracks

This Wednesday, a Canadian court ruled that Abramovitz's ex-girlfriend owed him more than $265,000 (350,000 Canadian dollars) for damages including loss of reputation, educational opportunity and two years of potential income. Roughly US$37,000 of that final amount was added on by the judge for Lee's "despicable interference" in Abramovitz's career.

To convince Abramovitz that Colburn had rejected him, his girlfriend posed as Abramovitz and replied to the school's acceptance email, writing that he would not accept the scholarship because he planned to "be elsewhere." Then she deleted the acceptance email from Abramovitz's inbox.

Lee went one step further, creating a fake email address for Yehuda Gilad: giladyehuda09@gmail.com, and sending Abramovitz a rejection email that offered him a spot at the University of Southern California with a $5,000 scholarship instead. Tuition at USC is more than $50,000, a price Abramovitz said his girlfriend would have known he could not afford.

"It still puzzles me why she even added that," Abramovitz said. "She knew it wouldn't be realistic, so I had to turn that down even though it wasn't real."
Defeated, Abramovitz completed his studies at McGill. He and Lee broke up a few months later for unrelated reasons, he said.

The moment it all came together

Fast forward two years to 2016, when Abramovitz auditioned for a graduate program at USC, where Gilad also teaches. Abramovitz still had no idea his rejection from Colburn was fake. Each man thought they had been rejected by the other.

Abramovitz described a confusing scene at his USC audition in which Gilad asked why he was there, because he had rejected Colburn, and in turn, his instruction.
"With all due respect, I believe you rejected me," Abramovitz said he told Gilad.
He said Gilad repeated that it had been the other way around. Abramovitz figured Gilad was confusing him with another student.

It wasn't until Abramovitz's classmates asked why he had rejected the Colburn offer that he began to think something was fishy. He went back through his emails and forwarded the rejection he had received in 2014 to Gilad, who said he had never written it.
"I knew I'd been had, but I was still far from knowing by who," Abramovitz said.

His friends became involved in the case and suggested his ex-girlfriend might have played a role.
"It was scary to even confront that thought given how much I trusted her, but over time it started to sink in and I became more and more suspicious that maybe she had done it, as unpleasant as it was to imagine," Abramovitz said.

Abramovitz tested some of his ex's old passwords to sign into the account that sent the rejection email two years earlier, and that's when the pieces started coming together. The account's recovery information was his girlfriend's email and phone number.

"It was a simultaneous stab to the back and the heart," Abramovitz said. "It really was the last person I would have wanted to find out it was."
When served with the initial lawsuit, Lee did not respond to Abramovitz's lawyers, so she lost by default. Under Canadian law, a defendant in default "is deemed to admit the truth of all allegations of fact" made in the plaintiff's claim.
CNN made attempts to locate Lee, but she could not be reached for comment.
The process was long, Abramovitz said, but he hasn't let the experience affect the way he trusts people.

A bright future

Today, Abramovitz has a new girlfriend.
"We are coming up on two years soon and it is a really healthy relationship with trust and honesty," Abramovitz said. "I'd like to think my judgment of character has improved a little bit."
Abramovitz has also found success in his professional life. He won a position with the Nashville Symphony Orchestra and was recently appointed the associate principal clarinetist of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra.
Abramovitz says he doesn't "harbor any ill feelings" towards his former girlfriend and hopes she can learn from the experience and live a more honest life.
"Despite what happened I think I landed on my feet and the trajectory I'm on is still what I wanted for myself," he said.

Source: https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/06/15/us/dream-school-false-rejection-letter-trnd/index.html

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by allanphash7(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Definitely yes

What is white wedding but a nonsense and waste of resources
CAPSLOCKED:

ARE YOU ALSO AGAINST "WHITE WEDDINGS" SINCE IT'S A BORROWED THING?

I'VE NOT SEEN POSTS FROM ANY OF YOUR COLLEAGUES SAYING PEOPLE SHOULD ABANDON ALL THE BORROWED WAYS OF GETTING MARRIED AND FOCUS ON JUST OUR CULTURAL WAY.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 19, 2018
Blonchilli:

I apologize for my behavior on my thread and for misjudging you. I do not have any hatred towards you neither am I calling you out to troll you. I love interacting with people who argue intellectually and not attacking one personality or generalizing, that's what made me loose my cool on the other thread.
I agree with you on marrying a broke person. A lot of people, especially female see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme. In a situation where a man and a woman had struggled together and in the future they separate it's only right to share whatever they have. Personally I'm repulsed by women with no idea or goals in life and are desperate for marriage, woe beside the unfortunate man. I take my stance based on personal experience. As a kid I saw my mom and dad make a fortune together through thick and thin only for the man to walk out later in life with everything, it got to court and despite the court orders he still did what he wanted to do. Now with almost zero, mother raised us and we're doing good. Now if my mom had the awareness we had today the matter would have worked in a way to benefit both parties. It's the right of every woman out there who struggled with her man to enjoy the benefits too. Even if she's just a house wife ,raising kids are damn hard, not to talk of raising kids with good moral standards or a woman that manages house chores with a 8-5 job and taking care of the kids . But if it's a man who has worked hard for his money and a gold digger comes later it will be foolish if he does a registry. The point is know the kind of woman you are getting married, don't use love to make foolish decision. A lady who can foot her bills and even if she's not working but brings a lot to the table deserves some kind of benefit after divorce.

No hard feelings man.

That you stayed with a man when he was broke doesn't mean you shouldn't make money and acquire your own properties.

This is the problem with many ladies. When the man was working hard to make money and acquire properties what was the woman doing? sitting down abi? and you say that same woman deserve which property?

As for your mum she is a very hardworking woman which every sane mind must complement. Her type is rare in a place like Nigeria.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2018
Blonchilli:

The man that also brought a lot to the table which benefit is he going to have?

Everybody should make money and acquire their own properties abeg.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mistyebby(f): 1:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Masterppower:

True talk my sister...

how are you doing

Im very well my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Top Cuties On Nairaland / Yahoo Boy Bleeping Senior Police Officer / My Supermarket Boyfriend Has Turned To Something Else (help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.