Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60549 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by fowlyansh181(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
spiritedtete:
Forget that thing OP court marriage or field marriage.... in fact even if she is the Attoney General of the Federation. "this is africa" if the husband didn't kill her... his family will oo.

Na that time you go know say person dey sleep wakeup for the other side. This divorce sharing of property kolewerk!
you obviously haven’t seen those that know their full rights , it only takes making your case, garnering sympathy from the public, prove that it’s your right and on the agreement signed, then bam , you will have no option other than to settle with her..
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
HARDDON:

Yours is nothing but a refined feminist mentality no matter how you try to sugar coat it. You are looking for a man YES Ma'am Man. A man who would cook and clean for you while you are out there frolicking, probably( if possible, you would rather have him carry the pregnancy! how gross!)

So he should be able to provide for the fam while also adept at cooking and cleaning, Yea? smh

To answer your last Question, YES! Any where there is any form of payment that is significant, it is an act of outright purchase and he who pays the piper reserves the sole right to dictate the tone. Period
This is an insult to all working wives and mamas out there.Only an insecure husband would think like this@ emboldened.Real men support their women in every possible way even if it means cooking and cleaning, yeah or they get a maid.
Who mentioned anything about pregnancy here?Stop shifting goal post abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by cnonyechi(f): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

Where do u want her to start from?

Ask dem ooo. Stingy people dem
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Kimcutie: 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
MhisTahrah:
This is an insult to all working wives and mamas out there.Only an insecure husband would think like this@ emboldened.Real men support their women in every possible way even if it means cooking and cleaning, yeah or they get a maid.
Who mentioned anything about pregnancy here?Stop shifting goal post abeg.
I've been hearing the embolden for long time from women, so I want you to tell what's a real man and their benefits to you(as a woman).
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by enemyofprogress: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
Cuddlebugie:
Is Elder001 married?
why you dey ask?you wan marry am?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by themodernman: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:

Well for me I don't believe people change, neither do I believe people can conceal their true nature from a person who in himself/herself is clean and pure. The real problem of the world is that many of us are chameleons ourselves yet we want others to be plain with us, it can't work. If we work in clear day light, we will end up exposing the work of darkness. No one can hide his/her defects in broad daylight. Instead of focusing our energy on understanding and improving ourselves, many want others to live to suit their fancies.
Marriage is an institution established and adjudged good by God. If it fails us, it can never be because the marriage institution is bad but because we have refused to abide by the laws that established it. It is often funny to me that many really want faithfulness in premarital affairs and sex. On what ground should anyone be faithful to you in an open relationship? That many who have never been faithful to their creator want fellow humans to be faithful to them will never stop beating my imagination. The problem many face in marriage have their foundation in events that happen long before they enter the marriage itself. As long as issues of premarital sex, abortion, etc are overlooked and wish away as something trendy and in vogue, marriages of many are gone before they are ever consummated.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
John 3:19‭-‬21 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.3.19-21.NIV

I was once like you, seeing the Bible as Life's Manual and always justifying and scrutinising everything in the Light of the Word of God.

Until Reality hit me hard, courtesy Life, I've learned a great deal meen.

I really pity you bro sad....you never chi chomchin. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by spiritedtete: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
fowlyansh181:
you obviously haven’t seen those that know their full rights , it only takes making your case, garnering sympathy from the public, prove that it’s your right and on the agreement signed, then bam , you will have no option other than to settle with her..

Give me one case of divorce in Nigeria that the property went to the wife? I repeat even if the woman is the chief judge of supreme court.

She will never rest...

You think people will threaten her physically... she will even be the person to tell them to take all.

This one no be right matter o.

Wait first so" God forbid" I divorced my wife will now approach the court and the court will now share my properties ehehehehehe. Maybe the one in her name sha.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Leo10000(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
Adeyinka123:
Guys wake up! Never you marry a woman you claim to love without doing Court Marriage. The statutory certificate is the only weapon in their hands. They are the mothers of our children for GOD's sake. Some of us had a tortuous background because our mothers married under the Customary Law which subjects our lovely mothers and sisters to the calous and the insensitive traditional order in our respective communities. Court Marriage helps a responsible man to check his actions especially when it is against the civil tenets of the statutory wedding. Open your eyes guys and show a legitimate and validated love for your wife and children in the case of untimely death and'evil manipulation from the village'. Bigamy and Polygamy are being checkmated in a properly executed Court Marriage. Every normal lady must insist on it. However, be informed also that you can not do statutory wedding as a second wife if the first Court Marriage to the first wife is still existing. It can only work if the 1st marriage has been divorced. Else the second wife shall be criminally dealt with as an accomplice in crime and obviously as an intruder. In conclusion,any act to breach a Court Marriage is an offence against the state. This one na serious matter o!

I DISAGREE WITH U ON THIS ABEG
WHAT UR WRITE UP IMPLIES IS THAT ALL WOMEN ARE SAINTS AND MEN ARE THE DEVILS IN EVERY MARRIAGE,U THINK EVERY BROKEN HOME IS ALWAYS AS A RESULT OF THE EVIL MAN'S ACTION,THINK AGAIN BROS...
*ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT ALL THIS ARGUMENT OF GETTING A MERE PAPER BEFORE MARRIAGE IS AS A RESULT OF GETTING MARRIED NOT OUT OF LOVE BUT OUT OF IT IS TIME TO GET MARRIED*
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tete7000(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
poseidon12:

Stop dreaming. Divorce is real. You have to plan for it, just in case.

I don't plan for failures. I plan and work against them. It has worked for me. I have been strucked down but definitely not defeated. I am a child of God, a Victor in all ramifications. Please join my club.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mikkyjagga1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Court marriage is done for other reasons other than property sharing during divorce, get your facts right!
amethystnnty1:

I agree with you.
Is the woman going into marriage with the intention to divorce later on too?
She shouldn't get married if she can't trust the man with all her heart.

Marriage should be an affair between the man and the woman they shouldn't have to involve the state.

You're right we should stop infecting people's mind with negativity!
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by fowlyansh181(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
spiritedtete:

Give me one case of divorce in Nigeria that the property went to the wife? I repeat even if the woman is the chief judge of supreme court.

She will never rest...

You think people will threaten her physically... she will even be the person to tell them to take all.

This one no be right matter o.

Wait first so" God forbid" I divorced my wife will now approach the court and the court will now share my properties ehehehehehe. Maybe the one in her name sha.

look at the case of Tonto Dikeh and church hill, Tonto got full custody of their son, and has completely locked out church hill from seeing him, at least that’s what the media tells us.. imagine if Tonto wanted to go for half of his properties ? Dude this laws do apply, just don’t pray to meet a mischievous woman that knows this and plans to use it against you .. If you have ever been sued to court or have experienced a court case, you will understand this.... divorce is very different from breakup ..

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Leo10000(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
Seahawk:
100 perfect true. Only evil men refuse court marriage because they want to enslave their wives.

AND I SAY TO U TOO,ONLY DEVILISH WOMEN SEEK FOR COURT MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO ENRICH WHERE THEY NEVER SOWED
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by daveP(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Laws like this don't prevent chaos. They actually trigger it and thus encourages cheating and extramaritals.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by bibicici(f): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Women NEVER marry a man that will not make your marriage binding by law. If he doesn't want a certificate from the government to confirm his marriage to you then he's a FRAUD.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tete7000(m): 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
themodernman:

I was once like you, seeing the Bible as Life's Manual and always justifying and scrutinising everything in the Light of the Word of God.

Until Reality hit me hard, courtesy Life, I've learned a great deal meen.

I really pity you bro sad....you never chi chomchin. undecided

But that is what it is, a manual of life, foolproof. If it looks like it fails you, the fault must be from your side, not in th word (logos) itself. You must have missed the vital principles. Go back to it and pray for direction. I am sure you will be better off with it than without it.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by spiritedtete: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
fowlyansh181:
look at the case of Tonto Dikeh and church hill, Tonto got full custody of their son, and has completely locked out church hill from seeing him, at least that’s what the media tells us.. imagine if Tonto wanted to go for half of his properties ? Dude this laws do apply, just don’t pray to meet a mischievous woman that knows this and plans to use it against you .. If you have ever been sued to court or have experienced a court case, you will understand this.... divorce is very different from breakup ..

Custody of children is different from getting properties very different.. you know why as a man I won't contest custody of a child. The children will always ask for their father.

But for properties never... no woman born in Nigeria and living in Nigeria will share a man's property after divorce... except the man has too much to give out or he died.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by BIXYBABE: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
Either registry wedding or contract wedding. I must do one
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by slowbreeze(f): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
Flee from any woman that request for Registry Marriage.

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

For example a man file for divorce after 20years of marriage to his wife.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

Nigerian law considers marriage as a partnership.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.

Marriage is indeed for real men & not boys
.All ppl r talking about is in case of divorce bla bla bla..What about death of a partner and there is no will to lay claims on his/her properties? The spouse and children will now suffer..I must wed in the registry as well oo;in fact if my man refuses he is a prime suspect.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by omoloulah: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
I usually don't like to put my mouth in all this divorce matter but sometimes I can't help it. Y'all talk about women wanting your property and that's the reason they ask to be wedded in a marriage registry and you won't consent to it, I just can't stop laughing at your ignorance especially if you're a Christian. Does any of you even know that you need a marriage licence to get wedded in most structured churches? Have you ever asked any of your friends what the purpose of that license is? Now let me school y'all a little, any church that requires you to provide them a marriage license to wed in church from the registry, such a church will issue you a marriage certificate under the marriage act of the federal republic of Nigeria. Now that is to say, your wife may just be laughing at you behind your back because what this means is, whether it's at the registry or the church, your marriage certificate from the church under the marriage act is the very same as the one issued at the marriage registry. In other words, if you married in Anglican, Catholic, etc, your church marriage certificate is = that same certificate from that registry you think you avoided. You therefore cannot escape alimony if that's the only reason you avoided the registry marriage in the first place. Luckily, a woman like me don't even need your shitty assets, I can do well on my own. Walking away from a toxic marriage is an asset on its own, just ensure you do what's right by the kids and don't try to use them as pawn to get to your ex-wife. It ain't worth it. If your purpose of getting married is not genuine, please don't get married. Find you a partner who'll agree to have kids with you on contract and move on with your life. There are a million ways for a woman to claim your assets as a man and if divorce won't give her, she may just stick around and eliminate you silently. NB: There are poisons that are odourless, tasteless, colourless and undetected under forensic. � I am not bluffing. May we not marry our enemies and may we also not use our hands to cause trouble that'll push other to cutting our lives short. Ire o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by bulalakoboko(m): 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
Please a friend of mine want to devorce his wife. The wife is a confirm prostitute. She even brings men to the house and on two occasion my friend caught them. The problem now is that he dont know how to go about it. They only had court and traditional marriage.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Alonzy100: 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

So, that's the only thing u hv been doing for 20 years. Exactly, what the op is talking about. You feel u hv helped the man to do all this? no wonder Celebs no dey gree marry. Wife with this mentality can kill the husband

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mysticvibe12(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:

What have you said now? Virtually nothing! Maybe you have made yourself happy sha. At least you too typed something brother devil.
is that all you've To say? brother devil doer
lemme know if there is still more.
learn you won't, I wonder how you grew till this moment.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
Jeferious:
So, from your story, the lady refused exactly because the man is going to benefit? So why shouldn't the man refuse when he sensed that it's to the lady's benefit?

There is no positive moral in this example. You even preached selfishness without knowing it

It was the man that started the selfishness. I guess the lady was paying him back. Most Nigerians still don't understand what marriage is about. To the average Nigerian, it's all about procreation. But it's supposed to be more than that.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by omoharry(f): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

dont mind them.. after they will be looking for women that will soak Garri with them when they have no coins in their pocket but are not ready to share their property with after spending almost all her years with him.. if a woman has spent more than twenty years with any man and have children with him.. she deserves better. African men with their oppressive tendencies.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tete7000(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
mysticvibe12:

is that all you've To say? brother devil doer
lemme know if there is still more.
learn you won't, I wonder how you grew till this moment.

How I grow till now? You want to know? It is beyond you. It will continue to mystify you until you open yourself up to learn from those who know. There are many things you definitely can't know in your current state.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by bebe2(f): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ayemileto:

You probably haven't read of situations where all the mans property, including the one he acquired before marriage was awarded to the lady. Although this happen mostly in the UK, with the men being black in many cases.

Many men who find themselves in this situation end up developing mental problem while some consider suicide.

Plus I don't think I've heard of people divorcing after 20years. They will be too used to each other then.

Most divorce happen before that time. Less than ten years if I'm to assume.

That's y I'm hoping to start hearing from God because you hardly see divorce cases in churches that believe in the "will of God".

Marriage is not something to make mistake in. Even divorce process has lots of trauma attached to it.

I hope I don't have a reason to divorce.

Abeg judges are not stupid, even if that judge was having a mental breakdown on the day, an Appeal judge will throw it out.

Just do unto others as u which them to do unto u.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by veave(f): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
LaIabobo:

Madam, customary marriage under your native laws and customs is completely legal in Nigeria.

Only in Nigeria you say.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by veave(f): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

are you normal?

I've two copies of the constitution in my house.

Traditional (customary) (customary includes church wedding) marriage ,Islamic and registry are the three types of marriages recognized in the constitution.

I'm normal Sir. All the others you say confirms you married only within Nigeria.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.
here's a link that would educate you about legal marriages in Nigeria
http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/family-law/marriage/72-marriages-in-nigeria
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

here's a link that would educate you about legal marriages in Nigeria
http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/family-law/marriage/72-marriages-in-nigeria
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by bebe2(f): 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

First of all, what sort of wife are you?

Don't you have a job that you'll now look after kids, cook, clean and wash clothes?
are there no nannies and househhelps?
Which men still allow their wives to be full time housewives these days?

Yes am a full time housewife.

It works for us.

U can throw ur kids to minders and nursery or even househelp that will be doing the unthinkable to them, We decided that our kids will be raise by us, drop off at school, get lunch ready before they come back, pick them up , feed them , take them to football or swimming lessons. Get dinner ready for hubby , prepare school and Hubbys things for tmrw.

If I didn’t this, nanny will be busy beating my kids for no just reason, the driver will be probably be fingering my 7yr old without my knowledge and the house girl will be using my sons dick to practice, my husband will be eating buka food and having dysentery every now and then.

And I won’t work till my last child is in secondary school, yet I can bet a million that am still financially better off than u.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by addictiv(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
gentle007:
Don't you think prenuptial will handle this issue of property sharing during divorce?

I think every man should insist on prenuptial agreement if the wife to be talks up marriage registry.
In fact, prenuptial should be done before marriage. This is the only way love can be separated from marriage scam.

prenups can't do shii if the assets the man acquired were gotten after he got married to her. Or if he took money from her to invest in the business or property even if he had it before he got married to her or if she works in the business or has represented the business in any way. Or if he used family money to invest in it or she and kids had to endure some cutbacks while the asset was being developed....as long as her lawyers are good and can prove it in court. That business and assets will be seen as joint/marital assets and she can get it from you in whole or part. even if its your grandfathers business/property that you inherited. Ask Mark Zuckerberg why he did his Facebook IPO few days before his wedding. Besides a judge can also declare a prenup invalid if it's one sided and doesn't project fairness to both parties. The best way out is not to marry, the next best is to have a prenup before wedding and you can have a clause in ur prenup were both man and woman are liable to loose some rights to joint assets if found culpable to infidelity, physical abuse, neglect of duties...etc Ensure you list all your assets in your prenup and she does so as well and keep her happy. That's the only way to avoid a divorce.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Who Recently Married A Lady Who Snatched Him From Her Friend, Speaks / Ex-Gilrfriend Of The Uber Driver That Married A Nigerian Lady Makes Revelations / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Female Soldier And Her Civilian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.