Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60548 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 05, 2018
LaudableXX:

Dumb kids everywhere. Get to the highest on your career and get married, only then will you be wise enough not to join debates that higher than your intellectual circumference .

Done.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 1:35am On Jul 05, 2018
Hanseel1:
Dumb kids everywhere. Get to the highest on your career and get married, only then will you be wise enough not to join debates that higher than your intellectual circumference .

Done.

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by MrMcJay(m): 4:21am On Aug 29, 2018
Ayoolajumoke:
With these set of upcoming irresponsible husbands and fathers, with the thought of divorce and property ownership after divorce even with children, I WILL NEVER marry a man without a duly conducted court wedding and well signed papers.

grin

Since hunters have learnt to shoot without missing, birds have learnt to fly without perching.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by RuggedSniper: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2020
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Etteanna: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
Flee from any woman that request for Registry Marriage.

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

For example a man file for divorce after 20years of marriage to his wife.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

Nigerian law considers marriage as a partnership.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.
sorry oh but please how many property average Nigerian man get most of the wedding in registry is to secure the kids future,abi you have not seen what African families do once the husband dies. intact Nigerians should have a prenuptial agreement to make things better else the moment anything happens nothing will be left for the kids cause our African people are super greed for things they did not work for . I for one prefer a Court wedding everything on paper and everyone knows his or her right
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
debbydams:
Chai...who posted this una for allow us teach men wey sabi cheat beta lesson...smh embarassed
08180536284 WhatsApp
But I'm at work now
Just leave a mssg on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Who Recently Married A Lady Who Snatched Him From Her Friend, Speaks / Ex-Gilrfriend Of The Uber Driver That Married A Nigerian Lady Makes Revelations / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Female Soldier And Her Civilian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.