Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged (10258 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / New Salaries For Buhari, Ministers, Govs & Others- Sun News / ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 06, 2010
ezuche,what sort of work do u do then i will know if u r lying or not
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by namski(m): 1:44am On Jun 06, 2010
Please who picks up the bill? Every welfare state is in the brink of collapse. Please you guys should see what is happening in Greece, UK and Spain. Even almighty USA is not fairing any better.

We certainly do not need this wasteful spending of public money. These useless senators should think more of how to create enabling environment where businesses will thrive and jobs created for the teeming Nigerian population as unemployment does not affect graduates only.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by nnaemmy(m): 3:16am On Jun 06, 2010
A welcome development[i][/i] only if they will actualize it.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by pak: 6:08am On Jun 06, 2010
As anybody ever heard of the word INFLATION ?

Does anybody care about the impact of increasing the money in circulation without neccessarily increaing productive capacity ?

Is there anybody who thinks it might just be better to fashion out ways to ameliorate the harsh business environment, so as to encourage entrepreneurship and increase jobs out there ?
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by homerac7: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2010
homerico my guy, imagine say the money ur parents suppose use send u go school una carry am flex when u dey small, groove for carribean, junket round d whole world, but u all d toys wey u want. sebi u go feel say na dem b the most caring parents for the whole heavn and earth, abi? imagine say 20 yrs after with all the faaji wey u enjoy as small boy in place of schooln, u no fit stand among ur mates to represent, wld u still think ur parents did the best for u?

now, agreed that Nigeria is highly messd up presently, but do we mess it up further to make it better?makin it better is not just what we owe our generation ,but the next generations. how can u defent this senseless hand-to-mouth national plan that doesnt show hw we can prosper in the future? what shall we tell d nxt generation that we never developed the nation because we share the moneies supposedly meant for it on unnecessary monthly stipend? if u got the 15k, i can assure u that thats when u will realize how meagre it is, it isnt much my guy. it will amount to very wasteful spending never mention the attendant massive corrupt practices.

i am highly suprised that our ancient ancestors knew to keep from the harvest against the nxt plantn season, but the supposed wiser generation of ours are only concerned abt livin today not concerned abt tommorrw security, we want to eat up all the harvest, what shall we have for the next planting season. this is a very dangerous plan as it is against pragmactic developmental process. the assured result wiil be that the majority of the nation will sit back and await their monthly stipends and neglect productive activities that they probably been doin. this class of people r the ones that carry out most of the activities that add values that create national wealth, meaning the r presenly earnin little but creatin much wealth for we all. if they stop, the will earn 15k, and we arn nothn fron them, thus the nation bcones double poorer. think of the carpenters, tailors, peppre grinders, farmers, mechanics, vulganizers in the light of my last sentence. we wld have created an evil cesspool. it will b a function of short time bfore the nation goes broke and anythn will happen.

i can keep telln of the possible outcomes, i bet they arent goodnews. so please lets pray that it never happens
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Obinoscopy(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2010
pak:

As anybody ever heard of the word INFLATION ?

Does anybody care about the impact of increasing the money in circulation without neccessarily increaing productive capacity ?

Is there anybody who thinks it might just be better to fashion out ways to ameliorate the harsh business environment, so as to encourage entrepreneurship and increase jobs out there ?

@Pak, this initiative will definitely not cause inflation. What will cause inflation is if the government decides to increase tariffs and the price of fuel/kerosene to balance the cost. But if I were the Govt I'd not do that rather I'd slash down the numerous allowances of the senators and ministers and use the money saved to sponsor the project.

N15,000 is a small amount and the money is not just going to everybody but to only graduates who are not working. Thus the amount will not lead to inflation. My only problem is that this project might be abused. People who are not graduates can bring false ID and collect the money. Also embezzlement and misappropriation might be the other of the day. Thus I'm of the view that before the project kicks of, we should have a comprehensive data of all the employed and unemployed living in Nigeria. We should have a database of every Nigerian. Every Nigerian must have a social security number for him. This way we can be able to reduce those problems to the barest minimum
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by jamace(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2010
They should stop decieving Nigerians and lead well. How can they be jobs when all those i.d.i.ots have their investments  abroad? How can we progress when Bankole will buy a plot of land in Aso Rock for N345m? Do you think Nigeria will fare better where Speaker House of Reps is looking for a quarterly grant of N100m and his deputy N80m in a nation where civil servants are dying of hunger after service to the nation because of poor pension, with things getting worse for the pensioners with this new thieving pension scheme. All these talks about handout to the  unemployed  are bullshit and a covert and clandestine move to further enhance their looting ability. If at all they want to enhance productivity of our youths, they know what to do. I personally will not praise them for talks intended to further feather thier nests. Bull-s.hi, t.  angry  angry
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by cvibe: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2010
Good idea for the aged.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by 4Play(m): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
Very bad idea which confirms that Nigerians are not the brightest people on earth.

Welfare payments are of questionable value for rich countries with ample resources, never mind poor countries like Nigeria. The real question is the most efficient way of utilising scarce financial resources. It's better to use this money for micro-finance loans which have a probability of return than mere handouts which are inefficient.

Welfare payments are normally targeted to the neediest of society. Are unemployed graduates the people in greatest need? Graduates constitute a tiny minority of the adult population. What about those who barely finished primary school, those children who litter the street begging for money, the extremely impoverished farmers and livestock rearers in rural communities, the devastated fishermen who are unable to fish in the Niger-Delta where the money comes from.

There are so many things wrong with this bone-headed idea, I don't even know where to start.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Ibomade1: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2010
Yawah fit burst if they pay unemployed graduates and leave out the uneducated ones. I would suggest that if they are interested in providing welfare they should make it fair for every Nigeria.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by oloritinu: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2010
i am happ to hear this o.it will be good,in london old people and unemlpoyed and many other people which are less privilegde are taken care of by the government; if they start with these sets, other people like uneducated, disable ,etc can be included .Talking about abusing the system, in london the system is seriously abused, so no be naija alone thief dey, thief dey london.this scheme will help and some of these people could even use the money given to me to start a trade.i just hope someone is not trying means to embezle money.
greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat NAIJA.

shallom!!!
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by pak: 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2010
@Obinoscopy
pls read the post of Homerac7 and 4play, they to a large degree, speak my mind.

and on the issue of inflation, though am not an economist (and I hated the course way back sec sch.)
but I know that based on simple economic prinicple, An increase in demand will always push up prices especially when there is no corresponding increase in supply.

Just look at it from this simple scenairo, A trader has a bag of garri to sell and there are so many people who are willing and desperate to pay for that bag, he most probably would jack up the price.

I need someone with a more profound knowledge of economics to back me up here
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Woke4all(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
Why dem dey give Nigerians mind na?

How will they differentiate the working class from the jobless.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by rhymz(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2010
As much as I would ve loved for this to come but I know is a pipe dream. Besides, there are a lot of implication to this: it will be totally unfair to uneducated ppl who make up more than 70% of the unemployed. Does the FG have the capacity to start and sustain the program? How about the economic implication, of course there is going to be too much unproductive cash available to surpass the purchase of available commodity, a recipe for inflation.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Iceugwa(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
this is a great news. hope it is passed into law soon
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by sulad82i(m): 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
I dont think this mumu we have as senator will ever pass this bill and if they do, it will be a money maker for them.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by PAIOUS(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2010
How are these lads going to generate these funds with it affecting the ongoing 24 hours power supply proposal for at least Lagos and Abuja? Any way, probably from sum of the money that will be recovered from James Ibori, Bode Geogde etc. Not a bad idea though, [i][/i]
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by tblacker(m): 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
It sound so good but for the fact that it will end up abused!!! I still don't know what will work in this country.

The only thing I think can work in this country is if we can individualy become a philanthropist and take care of two or more people who are or are not our family member but that are in need around us. Goverment thing don't work for me,I condemn it as soon as they introduce it no matter how jucy it may seems.Perharps I am affected by my experience in the past 30 years I was born in this my beloved country,9ja.

In anycase,lets watch.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by yommyuk: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2010
Social handouts in Nigeria shocked grin

Where will the funds come from?
Oil Money Taxes
Dream on shocked
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by kobikwelu(m): 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2010

@Pak, this initiative will definitely not cause inflation. What will cause inflation is if the government decides to increase tariffs and the price of fuel/kerosene to balance the cost. But if I were the Govt I'd not do that rather I'd slash down the numerous allowances of the senators and ministers and use the money saved to sponsor the project.

N15,000 is a small amount and the money is not just going to everybody but to only graduates who are not working. Thus the amount will not lead to inflation. My only problem is that this project might be abused. People who are not graduates can bring false ID and collect the money. Also embezzlement and misappropriation might be the other of the day. Thus I'm of the view that before the project kicks of, we should have a comprehensive data of all the employed and unemployed living in Nigeria. We should have a database of every Nigerian. Every Nigerian must have a social security number for him. This way we can be able to reduce those problems to the barest minimum

ermmmm obinoscopy, sorry to burst your bubble, but the move WOULD CAUSE INFLATION,

in your own estimate, how many unemployed graduates are there in nigeria

prolly 3 million, (an estimate of my imagination wink wink wink wink wink) dont forget during our last census(if it was really a census) we were 140million

multiply this by the said amount N 15,000

AND ull have approx 4.5trillion shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1) oga !!!how we go take pay for am?? take out bonds(which actually are high yielding due to our high risk economy)

2)PRINT MORE MONEY!!!!(considering the kind of short sighted politicians in power, this  would be unanimously adopted due to next year election).

which in  turn would put more money in the system.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by oge4real(f): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2010
I wish this dream will come true.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by GeorgeD1(m): 8:36am On Jun 07, 2010
keep dreaming sister. your dream may well come true! grin
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by DoubleN(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2010
Wonder how they hope to achieve this. Are there any statistics that indicate the exact number of unemployed graduates? And with this Nigeria i know,i can bet you that the number of people claiming to be 'unemployed' will double if not triple was money stats being handed out.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by lonelypal(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2010
Double N:

Wonder how they hope to achieve this. Are there any statistics that indicate the exact number of unemployed graduates? And with this Nigeria i know[b],i can bet you that the number of people claiming to be 'unemployed' will double if not triple was money stats being handed out.[/b]

I doubt if thats gonna be possible once adequate measures like a SANITIZED SYSTEM comprising a work force of pple with integrity are put in place to make the system work, The pension scheme was a mess before it was cleansed to make it effective today. I believe with positive mindset and re-orientation of Nigerians towards this we can make it work, Even though this is long overdue, i must say its A GOOD STEP IN D RIGHT RIGHT DIRECTION FROM THE LEGISLATURE. cheesy
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Bawss1(m): 10:01am On Jun 07, 2010
Another pro-poverty initiative angry. Utimately this will result in a myriad of new problems.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by ud4u: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2010
Another avenue of looting, let them creat job opportunities rather than making out plans on how to falsify names and looth these billions. A country that does not have data record, so how are they going to know whom to pay. Nonsense
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by GeorgeD1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
they will obviously pay to their sons and daughters all in the name of helping jobless graduates! grin
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by koolboi(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
some idiots in nigeria national assembly are conceiving the idea when european countries are getting the negative effects of welfare scheme. what a backward national assembly
they officially earn over 200million in a year, yet the want to make law to increase it
iz it possible to authenticate who is employed and who is not definitely not in nigeria
they will enrich themselves while the poor will get poorer
shameless ppl
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by oluagness(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2010
May it be so
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nice One, but i fink the salaries are still kinda meager though. i'm afraid d execution might be jeopardized. lets wait & see.
all d same, gud one.
Re: Senate Proposes N15,000 Monthly Salaries For Unemployed Graduates, Aged by coschuks(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
it may cause inflation. but even if it's done, i think the employed will claim to be unemployed too, especially those in the private firms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Civil Defence Corps Can Now Carry Weapons - FG / Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me / Attack On Governor Ortom's Convoy: IGP Orders Full Scale Investigations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.