Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League (29554 Views)

Have You Ever Had Sex With a girl out of your league share your experiance / 'Dating A Woman Who Is Out Of Your League Will End In Disaster' - Man / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2018
This is an amusing post, but there is some truth to it if we decide to look at relationships as businesses in which men are obligated to provide expensive food and air for the 'classy ladies' who should be able to do for themselves but for some reason do not.. What's wrong with Buka Beans? undecided

You are insane. undecided

6 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by spiritedtete: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2018
What a post... OP is this how you define "out of your league" Eheheheheheheheh.

Shame just dey catch me on your behalf lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Naughtytboy: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:
Zicoraads, I just don't want to believe that this writeup came from you. embarassed Even a demented and dimwitted slowpoke cannot stoop so low to scribble such rubbish.

>Relationship shouldn't be a financial means of a woman. It's should be relationship, not a job for a lady.

>The only set of ladies allowed to form class should be a lady who is rich and can afford her needs without depending on any man, which means classy ladies are not suppose to depend on men because they are rich and can fend for themselves.

Simply put: Hungry ladies who asks men for money in a bid to form classy are nothing but riffraffs and poor ladies.

Question is; Why should a poor lady live a level of life she can't maintain without depending on a man?
can i keep dx piece bro?
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2018
above his league yet cant afford a meal and need to beg and use deceitful tactics to get it? above his means yet cant pay for all what she has supposedly acquired in the past (by herself)?

ARRANT RUBBISH

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by zicoraads: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2018
Gerrard59:
Lubayn said same last year and was maligned. I don talk am, people should date within their social stratum.

In other words, shoe get size?

grin grin grin
Exactly! cheesy

Relationships shouldn't be poverty alleviation programmes. But let's face it, relationships have financial demands. Even if you are giving the lady money or not.

Or na DJ Cuppy go follow me go buka? grin

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Saintsquare(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2018
Sad but true, when a lady is above your league and you swore by everything to always make her happy if she accept your proposal.While I agree many are materialistic,some are used to a comfort life and anything short of that is a No No.

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Nothing person no go see for nairaland.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by frankmoney(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

You are agreeing with me nau cheesy

A room is not up to that amount. But even if it is and you are earning 200k as salary, do you think it will be a problem to some whose basic salary is above 500k plus allowances?
how much is your own salary . Just curious
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Respect55(m): 11:29am On Jun 20, 2018
The truth is that most of those girls don't even belong to any league at all. The fit into any league a boy places them on courtesy of his money

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2018
Saintsquare:
Sad but true, when a lady is above your league and you swore by everything to always make her happy if she accept your proposal.While I agree many are materialistic,some are used to a comfort life and anything short of that is a No No.
I still have not understood the term "above your league" what does it mean? Can you give a good explanation?
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Boyooosa(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2018
@op, nice one. You really reach ur targets.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by brownhawk: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

Now I'll show you why it is.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

my guys have brushed op dirty mouth. I'll do nothing else
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Follygunners: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2018
LilSfc:
Op you are right
I don't use to have problem with my girlfriend. She's a church girl and also very serious type academically. So anything I give her, no complaints even when I offered her nothing. We are still cool �

Exactly the problem with most 9ja relationships.

Why does it have to be the guy that gives everything? Isn't the lady also expected to give? angry

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2018
The reason I avoid threads like this is because instead of seeing the truth, majority will only throw insults.

Relationships are not just about "I love you". I am an agitator for dating the biblical way, no sex until marriage, if you truly love someone, you will invest in them spiritually, financially and materially, this goes for men and women.

The issue of high maintenance women, if she uses her own money to finance her lifestyle, if you cannot cope with her taste, as she no need to even ask you for money, but sense should tell you that, if a man no fit spend on you without you asking, you will end up financing that marriage if it happens.

Look very well, if you love flashy women, make sure you can keep up, dates will be expensive, gifts will also be expensive.

But most of una, na runs girls una dey like pursue and una no get money to even buy her prada bag, don't forget, it's who pays the Piper that dictates the tune.

Finally, flee from fornication, it is not helping us one bit.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by kunleweb: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2018
spiritedtete:
What a post... OP is this how you define "out of your league?" Eheheheheheheheh.

Shame just dey catch me on your behalf lol

Hmm " out of your league "
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by kinibigdil: 11:35am On Jun 20, 2018
Can we just go to the expensive restaurant she pay her bill I pay mine

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by spiritedtete: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2018
kunleweb:

Hmm " out of your league "

Got that jare... thanks.... the post just scatter my head and belle. Lol
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by mfm04622: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:
Zicoraads, I just don't want to believe that this writeup came from you. embarassed Even a demented and dimwitted slowpoke cannot stoop so low to scribble such rubbish.

>Relationship shouldn't be a financial means of a woman. It's should be relationship, not a job for a lady.

>The only set of ladies allowed to form class should be a lady who is rich and can afford her needs without depending on any man, which means classy ladies are not suppose to depend on men because they are rich and can fend for themselves.

Simply put: Hungry ladies who asks men for money in a bid to form classy are nothing but riffraffs and poor ladies.

Question is; Why should a poor lady live a level of life she can't maintain without depending on a man?

Summary, if a lady demands or request you eat at a certain place that is expensive, she is not materialistic, just that her standard is higher than yours.

It is not about a lady demanding MONEY, it is about levels

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Maximus85(m): 11:41am On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:

It shall be well with you. Your parents will reap the sweetness of their labor. You will live a long time on earth. You will see your children's children.

Tell all these gold diggers for us ooo

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2018
Naso. If you're a man, only financial ruin awaits you in the nearest future. wink
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Maximus85(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2018
geezyk:
But seriously speaking, you're not making sense here, the guy you used as a reference point explicitly told the girl that he sees a future with her after they are thru with studies which she jumped to accept, without knowing she had her own ulterior motive, she should have known that he's the modest type and he has little to live by.

You made a point about a classy lady not following me to a buka to eat, fine!! why would she accept to date me in the first place when she knows I'm really not her taste and can't afford to pay her bills, (because she's a gold digger) does that make sense? if you wanna date someone, date a person who sees the potential in you and knows your ambitions. but then a classy woman won't go for an "I neva chop boy"
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Kalex01(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2018
Right

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by 400billionman: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

grin I respect your opinion but you wrote rubbish. Rich men don't spend frivolously unless they want to entertain a harlot. Their girlfriends and wives cook for them at home. Dig deep you will find out eating out habits belong to people with an uncertain lifestyle confused minds or uncomfortable jobs that give them no time to take care of themselves. Why would I eat one plate of swallow for N2k in a fast food when I can prepare a pot of soup with close amount and freeze it for one week?

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
I still have not understood the term "above your league" what does it mean? Can you give a good explanation?

sadly bro, the majority of people who say these things have no clue about what they are talking about.

you see, if a woman begs you for ANYTHING then (it is obvious) she is definitely NOT in your league because, if begging for what you cant provide for your own self, is the measure upon which you decide if someone is in your league (or not) then a man could simply turn around and ask a babe for a Range Rover, and claim to be above anyone's league. duh!

that "above your league" nonsense is the same tricks used by deluded women who try to hit our egos to get what they want..... aka they will call us men stingy if we refuse to pay for their upkeep. ARRANT NONSENSE!

if a woman begs you for ANYTHING then she certainly can NEVER be better than you.

15 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Donjcco(m): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:

JESU...... FUNKE.... I COMOT CAP FOR YOU
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

Let's try and keep it civil, shall we?!

That said, I'll tell you my reasoning. I totally agree that relationships should never be a financial avenue for anyone, man or woman. I also agree that the only woman agree to form that level of class should be a financially independent woman.

Since we have agreed on the above, I'll like to ask you some few questions.

I think we can also agree that a lady like Linda Ikeji falls into that category. Now if, for instance, you ask her out and she agrees to date you, do you think because she is financially independent, she wouldn't want diamond necklaces, wrist watches, original designer shoes and bags as gifts? Or won't you surprise her by taking her to the best restaurants in town, or even a getaway weekend at a good and expensive hotel or even to other places abroad?

I'll love you to answer the questions above.

Getting her those things won't change the fact that she is financially independent.

But how about when you date the lady in your street? Will she want all of that? Of course not!

So why ask a "Linda Ikeji" out? Instead of asking that lady in your street out. Which one do you think will be more financially draining on you? The answer you have is the reason why this thread was created.

so If I ask Linda Ikeji out and she agrees it now becomes an avenue for her to ask me to get things that she knows are beyond my income.Do you even have common sense at all? What iss wrong in linda ikeji getting those things herself or even buying them for me since she is richer? You women and entitlement mentality.

9 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Maximus85(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2018
She chop my money... When I'm in needed. Ooooh she's a trifling friend indeed.... Ooooohhh she's a gold digger way outta time and she dig on me.

LYRICS
She take my money when I'm in need
Yeah, she's a triflin' friend indeed
Oh, she's a gold digger
Way over town, that digs on me
Now, I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
(When I'm in need) But she ain't messin' with no broke niggas
(She give me money) Now, I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
(I gotta leave) Get down girl, go 'head, get down
(I gotta leave) Get down girl, go 'head
Cutie the bomb, met her at a beauty salon
With a baby Louis Vuitton under her underarm
She said: "I can tell you rock, I can tell by your charm
Far as girls, you got a flock
I can tell by your charm and your arm."
But I'm lookin' for the one, have you seen her?
My psychic told me she'll have a ass like Serena
Trina, Jennifer Lopez, four kids
And I gotta take all they bad asses to ShowBiz?
Okay, get your kids, but then they got their friends
I pulled up in the Benz, they all got up in
We all went to din' and then I had to pay
If you fuckin' with this girl, then you better be paid
You know why? It take too much to touch her
From what I heard she got a baby by Busta
My best friend said she used to Bleep with Usher
I don't care what none of y'all say, I still love her
Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years
I know somebody payin' child support for one of his kids
His baby mama car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV any given Sunday
Win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was supposed to buy your shorty Tyco with your money
She went to the doctor, got lipo with your money
She walkin' around lookin' like Michael with your money
Shoulda got that insured, Geico for your money
If you ain't no punk
Holla, "We want prenup! We want prenup!" (Yeah!)
It's somethin' that you need to have
‘Cause when she leave yo' ass, she gon' leave with half
Eighteen years, eighteen years
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?!
Now, I ain't sayin' you a gold digger, you got needs
You don't want a dude to smoke but he can't buy weed
You go out to eat, he can't pay, y'all can't leave
There's dishes in the back, he gotta roll up his sleeves
But while y'all washin', watch him
He gon' make it to a Benz out of that Datsun
He got that ambition, baby, look at his eyes
This week he moppin' floors, next week it's the fries
So stick by his side
I know there's dudes ballin', and yeah, that's nice
And they gonna keep callin' and tryin', but you stay right, girl
And when you get on, he'll leave yo' ass for a white girl
Get down girl, go 'head, get down
Let me hear that back

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2018
mfm04622:

Summary, if a lady demands or request you eat at a certain place that is expensive, she is not materialistic, just that her standard is higher than yours.

It is not about a lady demanding MONEY, it is about levels

if it is about levels what will be stopping her from funding the date? If she cant afford the date then she has no levels!!Levels gbakwa oku

6 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Martinez19(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

Mtewwww. Ladies who have class will buy their own meals and you hardly see them feigning stomach ulcer just to get food from their boyfriend like DateMynd44's girlfriend did to him. Open your eyes and spot that the girl doesn't have class, she's a manipulative gold digger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2018
See mentality. How about she pays the bills since her father sends her money from Yankee every hour. A materialistic person is one that lives above her reach, but expect others to contribute to it.
See me oo, queen materialistic coming out fiercely in defense of dem materialistic, low IQ indomie generation parasites. What a day...

6 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2018
cruchenutii:
Oh OP. Just shut up please.

Did I hear you say Golden Tulip? A single room cost 40k minimum per night. Even If you are earning 200k as Salary. You can't eat there more than once.

Broke ass.ss niggur thats cheap how about Golden Palace in Lagos do you know the porice per night, better go and check , thats the only place a very successful woman I know lodges because it is beautiful and comfortable. That woman for sure is well above your league.
So better take the buy-one-get-one-free girls you pick from the side of the road to 2K per night room.

Poverty is a disease in men.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Bostin(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

You are agreeing with me nau cheesy

A room is not up to that amount. But even if it is and you are earning 200k as salary, do you think it will be a problem to some whose basic salary is above 500k plus allowances?
Awon omo bolowo nawo...loool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Calls Out Lady For Using His Money To Book Flight To See Another Guy / I Hate My Sister / How Did You Meet Your Foreign Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.