Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,228 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League (29280 Views)

Have You Ever Had Sex With a girl out of your league share your experiance / 'Dating A Woman Who Is Out Of Your League Will End In Disaster' - Man / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by wristbangle: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

Let's try and keep it civil, shall we?!

That said, I'll tell you my reasoning. I totally agree that relationships should never be a financial avenue for anyone, man or woman. I also agree that the only woman agree to form that level of class should be a financially independent woman.

Since we have agreed on the above, I'll like to ask you some few questions.

I think we can also agree that a lady like Linda Ikeji falls into that category. Now if, for instance, you ask her out and she agrees to date you, do you think because she is financially independent, she wouldn't want diamond necklaces, wrist watches, original designer shoes and bags as gifts? Or won't you surprise her by taking her to the best restaurants in town, or even a getaway weekend at a good and expensive hotel or even to other places abroad?

I'll love you to answer the questions above.

Getting her those things won't change the fact that she is financially independent.

But how about when you date the lady in your street? Will she want all of that? Of course not!

So why ask a "Linda Ikeji" out? Instead of asking that lady in your street out. Which one do you think will be more financially draining on you? The answer you have is the reason why this thread was created.

I think this part of society we live in contributes to women's ideology about class, fame and other financially related status.

In the western world, not that ladies are not choosy but the percentage is not as alarming as that of Africans especially the Nigerian counterparts.

That being said, it's rare to see rich ladies not demand from their boyfriends/husbands even though they are richer let alone the broke ones. Their mentality has been wired by default to milk men which is the reason they say "my husband's money is ours" while my money is mine alone".

Yes, it is good to be 100% bread-winner but when this situation continues without occasional finance support from her, what then is her role?

I can't imagine settling for a grubbing yet stingy ladies. They are the worse set of parasitic animals on earth. They feed on guy's pocket and emotions which after nothing is left, they flee. Have you wondered why the lifespan of women is more to men? This is one of the main reason.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by delishpot: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

Now I'll show you why it is.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

Shior since she is so high class why did she not take him to those big man joint and pay their bills? If a so called high level girl decides to date a poor man she should either be ready to manage what he can afford or she covers the hole until he can handle affairs to her taste. If she no fit make she no enter relationship No be by force. If it is at the toasting stage, then the boy has a choice to move on and look for his size or someone that is ready to roll with him on his level. No need to continue with someone that expects much when you can not meet up and cry like a baby. Leave if you cant deal.

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by kunleweb: 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
delishpot:

Shior since she is so high class why did she not take him to those big man joint and pay their bills? If a so called high level girl decides to date a poor man she should either be ready to manage what he can afford or she covers the hole until he can handle affairs to her taste. If she no fit make she no enter relationship No be by force. If it is at the toasting stage, then the boy has a choice to move on and look for his size or someone that is ready to roll with him on his level. No need to continue with someone that expects much when you can not meet up and cry like a baby. Leave if you cant deal.

Classy. Pulls off hat and takes a bow, kisses your wrist. More wisdom Ma

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by smeag0l(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
Finance is necessary in a relationship but, trust me, it is being exaggerated by you guys. A rich lady in love with you does not need you to always pay all her bills. All she needs to know is that you are financially buoyant enough to pay rent, provide food, take care of the kids and take her out once in a while. She can do the extras with her money. It's only materialistic ladies that do all the things you mentioned in your first post
zicoraads:

When you see someone who is well read, the evidence is always, always clear. The problem is, a lot of them think once finances are quoted in a relationship, then love is no longer part of it.

Independent or not, relationships are financially draining as well.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Frankicent(m): 8:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
samyfreshsmooth:
you have a point but it still doesn't change the fact that most women are materialistic

how can a lady from a poor home immediately start living and claiming to maintain a life where she spends 500k weekly...........................................is she a winsh :

Have tot about that bro still don't have an answer ... They are much in the university. My friend once dated. Every time you see her with her Friends. They are always hungry... You wouldn't know them until you get closed to them.

You will see them dress like everyday is Friday, manage to live in a self contained apartment. But check there pocket or bag... #200, almost #500... Except they got client....

This kind of ladies are just pay are you go bouquet.... Follow them to there house.... Ghetto , broke parent...

Maybe it's hustle.... See bro independent and sincere girls are so hard to come by... 95% olosho.... Over saturated job in the university

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by DateMynd44(m): 11:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Martinez19:
Mtewwww. Ladies who have class will buy their own meals and you hardly see them feigning stomach ulcer just to get food from their boyfriend like DateMynd44's girlfriend did to him. Open your eyes and spot that the girl doesn't have class, she's a manipulative gold digger.
brother the most irritating part is that this girl is a low life forming to be classy.
Mehn I've gotten over her issues sef.
Make I dey enjoy my books and my 5.0 grades Abeg but certainly since I can't find a girl right now who understands and bears with me then definitely when I culminate to the apogee and zenith of success no woman deserves to live with me in the same roof unless she's also successful.
I hope you grab
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
MrCork:

^^^she wanna chop my pound stalin...gold digger! ! angry
better a gold digger than a broke ass midget whom society gives a role out of pity. at least you can dream of your pound sterling
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Martinez19(m): 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
DateMynd44:
brother the most irritating part is that this girl is a low life forming to be classy.
Mehn I've gotten over her issues sef.
Make I dey enjoy my books and my 5.0 grades Abeg but certainly since I can't find a girl right now who understands and bears with me then definitely when I culminate to the apogee and zenith of success no woman deserves to live with me in the same roof unless she's also successful.
I hope you grab
Don't mind the girl. Next time, don't fall mugu and carry the responsibility of the parents of one yeye girl. The op was biased that's why he was quick to defend the girl and assumed she has class.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrCork: 12:04am On Jun 21, 2018
funmisticqueen:
better a gold digger than a broke ass midget whom society gives a role out of pity. at least you can dream of your pound sterling

..did I mention I drive,£28,000 (cash) range rover spot & am from pekam London. .. .juss in case u ask! ! undecided

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 21, 2018
MrCork:

..did I mention I drive,£28,000 (cash) range rover spot & am from pekam London. .. .juss in case u ask! ! undecided
even airforce1 and childofdoom can claim to drive a range rover sport. i wont deny you your ego trip and empty boasts, because even if you put pictures, you are most likely the driver of the car since you drive it, not the owner of the car.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrCork: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2018
funmisticqueen:
even airforce1 and childofdoom can claim to drive a range rover sport. i wont deny you your ego trip and empty boasts, because even if you put pictures, you are most likely the driver of the car since you drive it, not the owner of the car.

..baby u no i can easily make u myou woman if I fill like..yeah...so quit actin like u all dat coz u aint lightskin skin..u don't even have big bottom..anyways did I mention am from pekam London & I drive only a £28,000 (cash) range rover spot. .big boy move. ..if u want moiney. .juss ask nicely! ! (Real talk ) undecided
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by freakyamanda(f): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
Quite a nice argument here, but many people refuse to face the facts that birds of a feather will always flock together and that doesn't mean there are no exceptions but exceptions are simply exceptions.

A rich lady will usually be more attracted to a rich guy, because its a rich guy that can afford the kind of things she sees; nice suit, good ride, classic smell, etc.

In Africa, tradition says the man provides for his family. I have seen many wives pray for their husbands to get rich, but haven't seen many husbands pray for their wives to get rich, but instead good health, well being, happiness, etc.

My father invested a lot of money in a poultry business for my mom to run. Today, my mom makes more money than my dad but my dad still gives her money but she can only buy gifts or contributes when required.

What am saying is that, a real man gives his woman things, and for you to do that you need money.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by LilSfc(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2018
Timblaze:
na so i be! me knw say shoe get size.. pls guys go for ur size
Exactly bro � How will I see a slay Mama and approach her

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by LilSfc(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Follygunners:

Exactly the problem with most 9ja relationships.

Why does it have to be the guy that gives everything? Isn't the lady also expected to give? angry

Abi o, some of them will not even call. They think guys phone they manufacture airtime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should A Girlfriend Wash Her Boyfriend's Clothes? / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo Shots Of Two Nairaladers / Is Anything Wrong Dating Your Younger Sister's Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.