Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League (29268 Views)

Have You Ever Had Sex With a girl out of your league share your experiance / 'Dating A Woman Who Is Out Of Your League Will End In Disaster' - Man / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Maximus85(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

Let's try and keep it civil, shall we?!

That said, I'll tell you my reasoning. I totally agree that relationships should never be a financial avenue for anyone, man or woman. I also agree that the only woman agree to form that level of class should be a financially independent woman.

Since we have agreed on the above, I'll like to ask you some few questions.

I think we can also agree that a lady like Linda Ikeji falls into that category. Now if, for instance, you ask her out and she agrees to date you, do you think because she is financially independent, she wouldn't want diamond necklaces, wrist watches, original designer shoes and bags as gifts? Or won't you surprise her by taking her to the best restaurants in town, or even a getaway weekend at a good and expensive hotel or even to other places abroad?

I'll love you to answer the questions above.

Getting her those things won't change the fact that she is financially independent.

But how about when you date the lady in your street? Will she want all of that? Of course not! Of course yes and those are the annoying ones, the gold diggers demanding for things their father's and forefathers can't afford.

So why ask a "Linda Ikeji" out? Instead of asking that lady in your street out. Which one do you think will be more financially draining on you? The answer you have is the reason why this thread was created.

I can ask Linda out if she fits my specs. If she can't cope with a man she's richer than, she won't accept.

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by 400billionman: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

That said, I'll tell you my reasoning. I totally agree that relationships should never be a financial avenue for anyone, man or woman. I also agree that the only woman agree to form that level of class should be a financially independent woman.

Since we have agreed on the above, I'll like to ask you some few questions.

I think we can also agree that a lady like Linda Ikeji falls into that category. Now if, for instance, you ask her out and she agrees to date you, do you think because she is financially independent, she wouldn't want diamond necklaces, wrist watches, original designer shoes and bags as gifts? Or won't you surprise her by taking her to the best restaurants in town, or even a getaway weekend at a good and expensive hotel or even to other places abroad?

I'll love you to answer the questions above.

Getting her those things won't change the fact that she is financially independent.

But how about when you date the lady in your street? Will she want all of that? Of course not!

So why ask a "Linda Ikeji" out? Instead of asking that lady in your street out. Which one do you think will be more financially draining on you? The answer you have is the reason why this thread was created.
how many Linda ikejis exist in the whole of Nigeria talkless of your state? Why would a sensible man goto toast a linda ikeji when you are not a Don Jazzy ? You just gave jobless girls a thread to dance on?

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
I still have not understood the term "above your league" what does it mean? Can you give a good explanation?

Above your league means , she is above you financially, academically, and mentally. Kapish?

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by 400billionman: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2018
LivingFree:
You thought you made sense undecided

Relationships are for LOVE, not FOOD. angry
Case Closed

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by lexy2014: 11:58am On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

Angry church rats are already ranting on this thread as expected...poverty is a disease indeed
are u rich?

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2018
Philpham:

Above your league means , she is above you financially, academically, and mentally. Kapish?
if she is above my league why still find someone to pay the bills?

How do you gauge her status that made her above my league if I have to pay the bills?

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Saintsquare(m): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
I still have not understood the term "above your league" what does it mean? Can you give a good explanation?
The op already gave a good instances. Do you think dj cuppy or Linda can date a broke guy who can't pay a room self contain in Lagos?.Even dj cuppy kid sis started dating Mr Eazy after he blew in the industry.However, there are cases of rich ladies that married non wealthy guys.For example,a daughter of Tinubu got married to a man she met while studying her msc in UK. Funny enough, the guy was a poor dude but luck shone on him when he got a scholarship to study in UK.

Fingers are not equal
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

That said, I'll tell you my reasoning. I totally agree that relationships should never be a financial avenue for anyone, man or woman. I also agree that the only woman agree to form that level of class should be a financially

why should any guy wanna try impress linda in the first place,, the major mistake we guys make is alway tryna impress ladies with money this gurls laugh @ us behind our backs ,,no wonder they call us all sorts of name ,,mostly maga
whatever you buy for her she can buy for herself with ease,,what will attract gurls like linda to any guy is majorly potentials, donnt flaunt it but leave it where she will see it wink
lastly relationship compatability is not by money, billionaire folorunsho alakija is richer than her husband, okonjo iweala is richer than her husband,,our mummy patience is richer than Gej ..all these women are still happily married till date so what exactly is wrong with us ( children of nowadays)

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

sadly bro, the majority of people who say these things have no clue about what they are talking about.

you see, if a woman begs you for ANYTHING then (it is obvious) she is definitely NOT in your league because, if begging for what you cant provide for your own self, is the measure upon which you decide if someone is in your league (or not) then a man could simply turn around and ask a babe for a Range Rover, and claim to be above anyone's league. duh!

that "above your league" nonsense is the same tricks used by deluded women who try to hit our egos to get what they want..... aka they will call us men stingy if we refuse to pay for their upkeep. ARRANT NONSENSE!

if a woman begs you for ANYTHING then she certainly can NEVER be better than you.
well, only small boy yield to all these kind of tricks.

I have never had a problem with someone being stingy. I work for my money, i do whatever i like with it.

undecided

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

Now I'll show you why it is.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

imsu don't have school campuses

only private hostels and house rent ranges from 90 to 120k
??
can I use your logic here?
because we all are paying same thing
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
What am I seeing? Is this how best your brain can work? It's disappointing

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by lexy2014: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
MariaLavina:
grin

Broke guys won't like this thread cheesy

I think the problem with most young guys today is belief of the cliche 'A lady can not be too high for you '. A lot of feeble and innocent minds have been misled by this saying.

Dude! Knock it off to avoid frustrations! Some women are out of your league. Even shoes have sizes cheesy
are u rich?

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by NoToPile: 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by NoToPile: 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
kennygee:
The reason I avoid threads like this is because instead of seeing the truth, majority will only throw insults.

Relationships are not just about "I love you". I am an agitator for dating the biblical way, no sex until marriage, if you truly love someone, you will invest in them spiritually, financially and materially, this goes for men and women.

The issue of high maintenance women, if she uses her own money to finance her lifestyle, if you cannot cope with her taste, as she no need to even ask you for money, but sense should tell you that, if a man no fit spend on you without you asking, you will end up financing that marriage if it happens.

Look very well, if you love flashy women, make sure you can keep up, dates will be expensive, gifts will also be expensive.

But most of una, na runs girls una dey like pursue and una no get money to even buy her prada bag, don't forget, it's who pays the Piper that dictates the tune.

Finally, flee from fornication, it is not helping us one bit.

Thank you.

grin grin grin

The truth hurts,nairalanders will never accept this

What makes it more painful to them is because it's written by a guy.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
well, only small boy yield to all these kind of tricks.

I have never had a problem with someone being stingy. I work for my money, i do whatever i like with it.

undecided

sadly, many foolish brothers would yield out of shame, instead of telling that babe to go to hell... so many brothers are failing in life due to their misplaced ego.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by itxstephen(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
wow I so much love dis!! life is very simply and easy buh we just fail to go by d rules....y would I go for a food selling for 10k knowing fully well Dat all I have wit me is just 1k?....my guy saw a gal and wanted to go for her buh we v our rules wic is, research first..,we did dat, came bk with same result "DIS GAL PASS U" and Dat was d end...in OBO voice "wat if I no chop, I go die?"
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, many foolish brothers would yield out of shame, instead of telling that babe to go to hell... so many brothers are failing in life due to their misplaced ego.
Lolz na them sabi.

When a girl says am stingy I always feel like I want to cum. It shows am doing the right thing.

My reply is usually, "why won't I be stingy? Didn't I work for the money"? Or "why can't you also buy for me" grin

Being stingy means you don't yield to their unproductive demands and I get that a lot in my office.

Care level: -0.000

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Ebeano49(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
"A working class lady..."

Sounds very weird and ancient to me!
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Ziggylady(f): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
lexy2014:
are u rich?

I am not complaining material-wise neither am i ranting here..go figure.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Ziggylady(f): 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
lexy2014:
are u rich?

I am not complaining material-wise neither am i ranting here..go figure cheesy

...besides,the fact you are broke does not mean you should look for whom to pour your frustrations on...That is what most of you do here.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by knowyaself2(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
No money, no woman, out of your league or not, sadly, but thats what nature has established - most women are wired this way. A certain survey shows that women are more attracted to men who can support and provide their material and emotional needs, but the material overides the emotional in most cases. In fact, 'i love you', whenever it comes out of a womans mouth is synonymous with 'i love your money' or rather 'im happy you can support me financially and emotionally'

Have you ever wondered why a woman that has a million naira in her account will derive pleasure spending the only 5k in her lovers acct? It is not evil, it is their nature. The ones that refrain from doing this, struggle at best to refrain. Guys, make una take heart, the Romeo and Juliet type of love is a scam promoted by Hollywood and bollywood.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by kokomilala(m): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ever heard of this? : They're quick to call a man broke, but they don't have pot to piss in.

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by greatbuc(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
Do you
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by greatbuc(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
Do you know what it means to go into a relationship.. I once had a white girlfriend who was way richer than me. Those food chains you called are bullcrap but she paid the bills and I gave the companionship she needed though I knew we won't last. Once you are in a relationship with your head thinking straight, you will not be embarrassed. You take every moment as if it would end because they all end either good or bad. Its all contract! I sell you my idea and you take it or leave it.. But in Nigeria, you sell your idea to a lady and she will be thinking about it for 5yrs wasting your time and resources claiming league.. God punish league

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
The definition of a hoelosho
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by geronimoedeh1(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

Now I'll show you why it is.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

I'm core and unapologetic feminist and supports feminism completely so delete this asap. men and women are equal there shouldn't be preferential treatment for any one. they should equally gift each other, no one should expect extra favoritism.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by chimauk(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
MariaLavina:
grin

I think the problem with most young guys today is belief of the cliche 'A lady can not be too high for you '. A lot of feeble and innocent minds have been misled by this saying.

Dude! Knock it off to avoid frustrations! Some women are out of your league. Even shoes have sizes cheesy
aunty,a woman is out of your league when her taste is high and she can afford her high standard and provide for her sef wat u can't give but not wen she depends on guys to keep up to her standard..how is one outta your league when u re better financially.. So u mean being a beggar is better than genuine hustling?na wa o.and people like u go dey claim feminism wen u can't even define it.though money isn't d only prerequisite for being outta someone's league.its just a perception. Theres no way u can outta an enlightened persons league.if na money,it will surely come.everything comes with a price and if ur price na money,then u re just a shaft cos any idiot can make money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by mimicue(f): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nice write up , date girls in your league . Save yiur self the stres grin

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by oshaosha2014(m): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
No woman is out of any man's league.

MariaLavina:
grin

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by lexy2014: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

I am not complaining material-wise neither am i ranting here..go figure cheesy

...besides,the fact you are broke does not mean you should look for whom to pour your frustrations on...That is what most of you do here.
I didn't say u are complaining or ranting. I only asked u a simple question; "are u rich?"
All I needed from u was a simple yes or no, but u ended up doing what u said u aren't doing in ur first sentence

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Acepen(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
MariaLavina:
grin

So I Cant B Broke And Have Choice Again Chai I Av Suffer. Pls Miss There Is A Diff Btw Financialy Independent Classy Ladies And Poor Hungry Girls Trying To Form Class My Problem Is With The Latter.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Ziggylady(f): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
lexy2014:
I didn't say u are complaining. I only asked u a simple question; "are u rich?"
All I needed from u was a simple yes or no.

Read my answer again(not like i owe you one)...slowly this time,perhaps you will understand better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questions Ladies Ask Without Expecting Sincere Replies / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo Shots Of Two Nairaladers / Is Anything Wrong Dating Your Younger Sister's Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.