Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,935 members, 7,956,514 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:09 PM

She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League (29560 Views)

Have You Ever Had Sex With a girl out of your league share your experiance / 'Dating A Woman Who Is Out Of Your League Will End In Disaster' - Man / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by lexy2014: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

Read my answer again(not like i owe you one)...slowly this time,perhaps you will understand better
u mean d complaining and d ranting?was that ur answer?

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by itsmeurLady(f): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
MariaLavina:
As simple as that....
Why are guys acting up?

Nairaland (Most) guys will always act up to things like this , they can't comprehend the TRUTH!!! zicoraads I'm with you on this one, not because I'm a lady but because you spoke truth. Shoe Get Size and people should learn how to cut their coats according to their sizes!

Always quick to call ladies Golddiggers and names... who no like better thing abi who like suffer? The guys that are doing yahoo yahoo today or the guys that are following white women up and down for papers, what are they? Are they not gold diggers as well?? Always looking for ways to bring ladies down. Sha, we know that some Nigerians are hypocrites, they bash you in public for something then go behind closed doors and do same *smh

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Burgerlomo: 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:
Zicoraads, I just don't want to believe that this writeup came from you. embarassed Even a demented and dimwitted slowpoke cannot stoop so low to scribble such rubbish.

>Relationship shouldn't be a financial means of a woman. It's should be relationship, not a job for a lady.

>The only set of ladies allowed to form class should be a lady who is rich and can afford her needs without depending on any man, which means classy ladies are not suppose to depend on men because they are rich and can fend for themselves.

Simply put: Hungry ladies who asks men for money in a bid to form classy are nothing but riffraffs and poor ladies.

Question is; Why should a poor lady live a level of life she can't maintain without depending on a man?

Well said bro., the Op right now cool

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Burgerlomo: 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

Now I'll show you why it is.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by uncjay(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
I remember back then in 2012, had this girl I like so much and desperately want to date...... I have a big bro I confide in, I told him about my intentions and desire to date the said girl.

the first question he asked was 'do you have enough money to maintain this kind of girl?'

The question jolted my curiosity because I believe that relationship should not be based on money at first but genuine love from both partners. He however said, not that she's money centered but there are things she grew up with, things she like to eat, drink, places she love going to and a whole lots.....he said Oga I'm not trying to discourage you, but I can tell that you two are two parallel lines, you don't live her lifestyle, and even if things work out for you and she loved you, financial aspect of the relationship will pose a lot of problems, because she will always want you to meet up to the standard she grew up with. Are ready to wear that kind of shoe?

I reasoned with him. That was the first time it occur to me that everyone actually have their places.

I will agree with the OP.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by zicoraads: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
So many angry birds on a single thread grin cheesy
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by zicoraads: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
uncjay:
I remember back then in 2012, had this girl I like so much and desperately want to date...... I have a big bro I confide in, I told him about my intentions and desire to date the said girl.

the first question he asked was 'do you have enough money to maintain this kind of girl?'

The question jolted my curiosity because I believe that relationship should not be based on money at first but genuine love from both partners. He however said, not that she's money centered but there are things she grew up with, things she like to eat, drink, places she love going to and a whole lots.....he said Oga I'm not trying to discourage you, but I can tell that you two are two parallel lines, you don't live her lifestyle, and even if things work out for you and she loved you, financial aspect of the relationship will pose a lot of problems, because she will always want you to meet up to the standard she grew up with. Are ready to wear that kind of shoe?

I reasoned with him. That was the first time it occur to me that everyone actually have their places.

I will agree with the OP.
Thank you!

It's the reality of life. Unfortunately, the ones you find on Nairaland will hardly ever be able to reason. For most of them, shouting obscenities is their way of having a conversation.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Altern8(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lol.

I have a lot of work to do raising my daughter(s). This mentality prevalent in naija is just disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by uncjay(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

Thank you!

It's the reality of life. Unfortunately, the ones you find on Nairaland will hardly ever be able to reason. For most of them, shouting obscenities is their way of having a conversation.

I understand things better day by day, I do disagree with women related issues on several fronts, however, I've learnt to always operate by the rule of exception. by that one becomes a better judge of realities and happenings.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Timblaze(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
LilSfc:
Op you are right
I don't use to have problem with my girlfriend. She's a church girl and also very serious type academically. So anything I give her, no complaints even when I offered her nothing. We are still cool �
na so i be! me knw say shoe get size.. pls guys go for ur size

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by revson: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
First and foremost, good afternoon friends.

One thing which is disheartening but we have to live with " life is in phases and men are in sizes". Even though we try to shy away from the fact that your financial muscle is a defining variable in the success or otherwise of any love affair, it is. It oils the wheel of progress and make the relationship worth the while of parties.

If whoever wants to build a particular have to count the cost, then whoever wants to start a relationship should do likewise. If as guy you desire ladies with certain attributes, it only make sense for you to ensure you have what it takes to handle such. For example, you are a jobless and you want to date a lady that is well read and used to a certain lifestyle that is way above your means, it might happen but it with long shot.
If you make her understand upfront about your financial strength and she is willing to take a haircut on her lifestyle, then it makes sense to shot your shots with every gusto and fervency in you.

My opinion, if you desire a particular class of ladies, please work on ability before firing your arrows.

Relationship should never precede your desire to take your career off the ground. All of those school dating builds up your EQ but do little good on your career, in most instances though.

Lastly, just my opinion, you can critic but with logic.

Regards
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by zicoraads: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
revson:
First and foremost, good afternoon friends.

One thing which is disheartening but we have to live with " life is in phases and men are in sizes". Even though we try to shy away from the fact that your financial muscle is a defining variable in the success or otherwise of any love affair, it is. It oils the wheel of progress and make the relationship worth the while of parties.

If whoever wants to build a particular have to count the cost, then whoever wants to start a relationship should do likewise. If as guy you desire ladies with certain attributes, it only make sense for you to ensure you have what it takes to handle such. For example, you are a jobless and you want to date a lady that is well read and used to a certain lifestyle that is way above your means, it might happen but it with long shot.
If you make her understand upfront about your financial strength and she is willing to take a haircut on her lifestyle, then it makes sense to shot your shots with every gusto and fervency in you.

My opinion, if you desire a particular class of ladies, please work on ability before firing your arrows.

Relationship should never precede your desire to take your career off the ground. All of those school dating builds up your EQ but do little good on your career, in most instances though.

Lastly, just my opinion, you can critic but with logic.

Regards
When you see someone who is well read, the evidence is always, always clear. The problem is, a lot of them think once finances are quoted in a relationship, then love is no longer part of it.

Independent or not, relationships are financially draining as well.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by iLegendd(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
There are two kinds of people on this thread.

1. Those who agree with the op. These people are:
A. Beta males who make money just to impress women.
B. Women who are broke, but try to form classy because they see themselves as beautiful or endowed.

2. Those who disagree with the opposite. These people are:
A. Alpha males who invest their money in businesses.
B. Bad boys who know what's up.

The op tried, but where he made a mistake is the classy ladies' description. Classy / independent ladies don't demand, they spend. The kind of classy ladies that demand are the broke ones who pretend to be classy.

As someone who has dated classy / independent white, Asian, and black ladies, none of them demand. What they do is spend on me. These are not sugar mommies, but beautiful and endowed girls I'm even older than. I have my money and they have their money — they don't demand, I don't demand, but they spend more than I do despite not being as handsome as Brad Pitt.

Money is not their problem. They are rich on their own and their parents are probably rich too, so why should they demand? All a real classy lady needs is a good-bad guy who is great in bed, intelligent, and in control — not a sissy Mr. Yes Ma.

Any classy lady who demands is not a classy lady. Any man who uses the money he should've invested to leave up to a woman's standard is a weak man. Any man who sees a woman's league as bigger than him is a stupid man.

Any man who supports the op on the classy lady description is not a real man, but a beta male who gets controlled by a woman. He is a weakling. One day, such a man will come to Nairaland to create a thread and cry.

No woman's league is above a man or even a boy. It's only above (weak) men with limiting belief. Men with limiting belief should be stoned to death. They hardly succeed in life anyway.

I said the truth from experience. I'm out. Let the kids argue.

Bye.

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by FaroukM(m): 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
Don't mind the OP...na because woman never do him wayo before... There are so many guys out there that the lady that they date ,pimped her from nothing to something ...after awhile the lady met another guy, financially ok than the guy..she won't look at how far the guy have gone in her life..she will end the relationship claim the guy his not her type again...OP continue, ...make una leave OP, when woman show him wayo..all this ladies supporting you will deny you...social media no dey forget person.

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by zicoraads: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
iLegendd:

B. Women who are broke, but try to form classy because they see themselves as beautiful or endowed.

The op tried, but where he made a mistake is the classy ladies' description. Classy ladies don't demand, they spend. The kind of classy ladies that demand are the broke ones who pretend to be classy.

As someone who has dated classy white, Asian, and black ladies, none of them demand. What they do is spend on me. These are not sugar mommies, but beautiful and endowed girls I'm even older than.

Money is not their problem. They are rich and their parents are rich, so why should they demand? All a real classy lady needs is a bad boy who is great in bed, intelligent, and in control.

Any classy lady who demands is not a classy lady. Any man who supports the op on the classy lady description is not a real man, but a beta male who gets controlled by a woman. He is a weakling.

Bye.

Lol.

But from your submission, you are also a kid. Not very different from the ones whose defence is to pour scorn and shout insults.

One, this post is about Nigerian ladies, not ladies from other countries. And the fact that you could sum up a lady's wants to a bad boy who is intelligent, great in bed and in total control says all anyone needs to know about you.

Two, a lot of brothers like you are currently running away from responsibilities. A woman should never be the one to take care of all your needs or the need of that relationship. A woman should help, not take total control.

This post is about independent and classy ladies. Not those who come from rich homes and still live with their parents, whose money you con them out of. Know the difference.

I know your type all too well.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by eLcastro(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
iLegendd:

The op tried, but where he made a mistake is the classy ladies' description. Classy ladies don't demand, they spend. The kind of classy ladies that demand are the broke ones who pretend to be classy.

As someone who has dated classy white, Asian, and black ladies, none of them demand. What they do is spend on me. These are not sugar mommies, but beautiful and endowed girls I'm even older than.

Money is not their problem. They are rich and their parents are rich, so why should they demand? All a real classy lady needs is a bad boy who is great in bed, intelligent, and in control.

Any classy lady who demands is not a classy lady. Any man who supports the op on the classy lady description is not a real man, but a beta male who gets controlled by a woman. He is a weakling.

Bye.

just to rephrase you...."classy is the act of been independent"
now question to op..how can you be a dependent and be classy.?
lool....that's simpy acting classy.,what we did as kids while our parents provide for us
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Hapigirl1(f): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:

Let's try and keep it civil, shall we?!

That said, I'll tell you my reasoning. I totally agree that relationships should never be a financial avenue for anyone, man or woman. I also agree that the only woman agree to form that level of class should be a financially independent woman.

Since we have agreed on the above, I'll like to ask you some few questions.

I think we can also agree that a lady like Linda Ikeji falls into that category. Now if, for instance, you ask her out and she agrees to date you, do you think because she is financially independent, she wouldn't want diamond necklaces, wrist watches, original designer shoes and bags as gifts? Or won't you surprise her by taking her to the best restaurants in town, or even a getaway weekend at a good and expensive hotel or even to other places abroad?

I'll love you to answer the questions above.

Getting her those things won't change the fact that she is financially independent.

But how about when you date the lady in your street? Will she want all of that? Of course not!

So why ask a "Linda Ikeji" out? Instead of asking that lady in your street out. Which one do you think will be more financially draining on you? The answer you have is the reason why this thread was created.

You have said it all. Don't stress it anymore my dear.
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by olaboy1: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Alpha males don’t care about girls and league, we talk to random women that look sexually enticing, finance is the last thing on our bucket list.

You can choose to be a lover or a provider, it’s up to you. At the end of the day that woman you consider out of your league would secretly f$ck an alpha looking plumber or tiler in her apartment.

So OP change your dating mindset, orientation and circle. When I was still living in Nigeria having a normal office job, I dated a rich divorcee in Linda Ikeji’s league and the whole relationship made me realize women need men who are confident, men who can lead.

Stop putting women on a pedestal, they may be rich but still need good good love.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Prime1(m): 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Prime1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
zicoraads:
I've seen countless narratives on Nairaland about ladies and their love for money. The most annoying one was the one I saw today of a guy complaining that his girlfriend would always want them to eat out where he'll end up paying 2k or 3k. But let's be honest with ourselves, that narrative is very wrong.

Now I'll show you why it is.

There are different types of ladies in a university. As someone who comes from a modest home, go for the ones who are serious with their studies and are more into guys who know why they are in school. These ones are more of the future than the present. They don't even mind drinking garri with you. Others, however, are the ones whose houses off campus are tastefully furnished and who live in apartments worth 150k. They also dress to kill. You think all of these fell from the sky? She has a lifestyle that needs to be maintained. As her man, realize that you also have to contribute to that. Don't ask her out and if she starts demanding, you run to Nairaland, shouting about how ladies are materialistic.

There are also these types of ladies in the larger society. A working class lady will most likely not follow you to the woman who sells beans and bread around your area. She will most likely prefer to lodge or eat Golden Tulips, Jevinik, BluCabana etc. Not her fault, she is classy and has taste. She has probably passed that stage where she followed her university love to the beans and bread seller. She is not about that life anymore. She still loves you a lot though, her taste notwithstanding.

Point being, at every point in your life, know how to cut your coat according to your size. And if you want to punch above your weight, don't go shouting about ladies' love for money. They are most likely just above your league.

[b]

You are just stressing yourself and overthinking things.

Your so called high class lady who demands alot will never go for a male lower in class.
If a high class lady dates a low class man, trust me, she wont demand anything from him because she knows what he is capable of. She wont stress him. Simple as that.

It's just some ladies pretend/behave like people of high class, thereby making life unbearable for the male counterpart of the same class.

This is where the trouble start.

since the male counterpart cant live above his means, then why won't he complain when he knew that you cant provide it for yourself.(you cant provide him a gold coin but you are asking him for gold coin, arrant nonsense!. why not sit down and produce it together. ).

And please, Class is never written on the body.
just because she putting on Gold dress doesnt mean she of high class(abeg, park well) and just because he's putting on roundneck vest, jeans and palm sander doesnt mean he is low class. so i can ask any female out.

Later if she thinks her class is higher and i cant provide for her, then she should leave. Why stay.

so... thats my thinking

[/b]

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Pataricatering(f): 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:
Zicoraads, I just don't want to believe that this writeup came from you. embarassed Even a demented and dimwitted slowpoke cannot stoop so low to scribble such rubbish.

>Relationship shouldn't be a financial means of a woman. It should be relationship, not a job for a lady.

>The only set of ladies allowed to form class should be a lady who is rich and can afford her needs without depending on any man, which means classy ladies are not suppose to depend on men because they are rich and can fend for themselves.

Simply put: Hungry ladies who asks men for money in a bid to form classy are nothing but riffraffs and poor ladies.

Question is; Why should a poor lady live a level of life she can't maintain without depending on a man?
the problem with you guys is you feel every woman must be accessible to you ! Some women are not your mate ! Whether they use olosho to get the money o , they worked for it o , their father gives them money o - it doesn’t matter - there are levels and some women will never be your mate !
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Prime1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
Pataricatering:
the problem with you guys is you feel every woman must be accessible to you ! Some women are not your mate ! Whether they use olosho to get the money o , they worked for it o , their father gives them money o - it doesn’t matter - there are levels and some women will never be your mate !

undecided
Pataricatering:
whats this
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
MrCork:

....Bro. .so u tryna start trouble on nairaland encouragein women to be gold diggers making it difficult for us guys to catch them. ..correct? angry
broke ass nigga spotted
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by smeag0l(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
Who moved this trash to FP?when has relationship become a poverty alleviation program?And who told you rich ladies will rather go to Golden tulip, blucabana and the likes?while it is true that they may or may not follow you to that canteen(depending on the level of relationship), rich ladies would rather prefer to cook as they know the value of money and what it takes to make it. If it were so you would have been seeing the likes of Don Jazzy, Falz, Yemi Alade, Basketmouth, Otedola, Dangote, Guys who work in th oil and gas, etc in Blucabana, Eko hotel, Golden Tulip and co. everyday. Only whores go regularly to those places you mentioned either they go with a mugu guy whom they've been sucking dry or the go there to buy just a bottle of water, take a lot of pics to put on instagram and wait for the next goldmine of a guy. And they only meet their likes-The yahoo boys and those guys who make their money illegally. Zicoraads be careful. you just fall my hand!

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrCork: 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
funmisticqueen:
broke ass nigga spotted

^^^^Zicoraads....Bro see wot u cuss...the gold diggers has started appearing. ..sooner or later ..that village girl called Hisduchess will join them
undecided
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrCork: 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
funmisticqueen:
broke ass nigga spotted

^^^she ain't even lightskin sef! ! ((Shake my head 5th message)) undecided
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
MrCork:

^^^she ain't even lightskin sef! ! ((Shake my head 5th message)) undecided
how has lightskin helped your destiny? broke ass immigrant with no prospects
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by kabillion(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
IamD18:

>Relationship shouldn't be a financial means of a woman. It should be relationship, not a job for a lady.

I like u. Some mediocres have had an ego boost just because they have data to post trash. You are welk on point
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by chinargurl(f): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
WORD!!!!
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrCork: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
funmisticqueen:

.. funmisticqueen. ..apart from me.. u want moiney?
undecided
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by Saff(f): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
MrCork:

..am in London,i have moiney. .. .u in Nigeria, u have Nadal..this means I can easily get any woman I want..single, married, you included.

..bleach to lightskin & u will stand a shance dating me....I date lightskin females.. u don't even have nyansh! ! (Shake my head) . .big shame
undecided
angry angry sad
Shut uppppp
Re: She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League by MrCork: 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
funmisticqueen:

^^^she wanna chop my pound stalin...gold digger! ! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Calls Out Lady For Using His Money To Book Flight To See Another Guy / I Hate My Sister / My Boyfriend Has Collected The Iphone He Bought For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.