Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,169 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? (25210 Views)

Tinubu: Obasanjo Jealous Of Me, Obi’s Endorsement Won’t Work / Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu / Obinna Nwosu: Most Politicians Are Jealous Of Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Okeikpu(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
Donald95:
First Ask yourself Why is Nigeria Jealous of Biafra ??
Ask them oh
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Okeikpu(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
Timewilltell2:

Shut up , ugly creature . Mumu boy.
Baby y naa �
What append
Did he insulted u
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
XhosaNostra:

These are some of the villages people are running away from & then complain that there's "no land". Everyone wants to be a city slicker, while they leave vast hectares of land unoccupied back in the "homelands".
I often wonder what they gonna do with that land when they finally get it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Jayceon:

Lol, are you aware that they don't want vacant land? These people want other people's houses! Go to Malema's Twitter page & see the delusions for yourself. They think they'll be able to choose ANY mansion they want. They even post pictures of the properties they intend to "take back". I will never support it because it has an element of criminality & the people themselves are being parasites for wanting ready-made stuff. So much for the "superior logic" they claim to have. Logic superior to that of a slug I'm sure!

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 13, 2018
londoner:

COPY AND PASTE WHAT I ACTUALLY WROTE MY DEAR. You will see your lack of comprehension of what was written is your problem here. They did not kill people for land and again, you did not see me type that. They moved people off the land and some were killed in the process. It did get swept under the carpet precisely because of the World Cup in 2010. The people it affected the Black South Africans shared their experience or are you accusing them of lying? If you were not aware then say that, don't just claim it's made up. Even the fact you are still debating it here shows you have done no research of your own.

Lol, first post the documentary and we will talk. Why would such a thing not make news in a country as volatile as South Africa when it comes to land issues? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2018
Jayceon:

So you guys don't see how land will benefit you ? shocked. land = dignity my friend . Basically ,you concur with the whites that you should just be workers not owners ? Or that it's better your own are cramped in small spaces and shacks while there are vancant lands laying unused . This is sad , I saw people on the news yesterday who want to farm ovacados but were disposseed of their land years ago , are you saying they must shut up and let it be shocked. It's either you are white or brainwashed if you don't see how ridiculous you sound.
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, are you aware that they don't want vacant land? These people want other people's houses! Go to Malema's Twitter page & see the delusions for yourself. They think they'll be able to choose ANY mansion they want. They even post pictures of the properties they intend to "take back". I will never support it because it has an element of criminality & the people themselves are being parasites for wanting ready-made stuff.
Now imagine what a disservice we'd be doing ourselves as a country if we voted for a guy like Malema to lead us.Most of his followers are unemployed,who do they think is going to pay for the bills if they somehow get to occupy these mansions? they going to demand free rent money from the government as well?

I don't have a Twitter account but I'll check them out

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2018
Jayceon:
Now imagine what a disservice we'd be doing ourselves as a country if we voted for a guy like Malema to lead us.Most of his followers are unemployed,who do they think is going to pay for the bills if they somehow get to occupy these mansions? they going to demand free rent money from the government as well?

I don't have twitter either but I can still read what he posts. Lol, they want the fancy houses, but don't wanna pay municipality rates etc. They say paying for things is "not Africa". Basically they think we still live in the dark ages. I won't even shed a tear when people like that are shot & killed. People have to learn that there's nothing for mahala. If you want nice things, work for them! Finish.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Jayceon:

They're always complaining about white people, but there's a white gangster footing their bill!
Also they're not as poor as they claim, Malema & Co. live in Sandton. He was seen on a yacht just recently. I feel sorry for the idiots that believe he's their messiah. The man is in it for himself.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2018
Runalong333:

So you guys don't see how land will benefit you ? shocked. land = dignity my friend . Basically ,you concur with the whites that you should just be workers not owners ? Or that it's better your own are cramped in small spaces and shacks while there are vancant lands laying unused . This is sad , I saw people on the news yesterday who want to farm ovacados but were disposseed of their land years ago , are you saying they must shut up and let it be shocked. It's either you are white or brainwashed if you don't see how ridiculous you sound.
Dude,your comment is way off the mark,it actually had me thinking you meant to quote someone else because my post never even alluded to the things you are ranting about.Yes,when it comes to the land issue,there are those that are reclaiming what was once rightfully theirs.My post was meant for some individuals who have this misguided notion that that reclaiming the land means they going to live in fancy and exclusive estates for FREE.This dignity you talking about,where is it in a grown man with kinky hair on his nuts wanting to be spoon-fed all the luxuries the world but won't even lift a thumb to obtain least a quarter of it?

Lol if people like you like to accuse people of "being white" or "brainwashed" for calling out the obvious bullsh!t then fine,I'm proud to be all that
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

They're always complaining about white people, but there's a white gangster footing their bill!
Also they're not as poor as they claim, Malema & Co. live in Sandton. He was seen on a yacht just recently. I feel sorry for the idiots that believe he's their messiah. The man is in it for himself.
They are not really anti-white,they just learned it's the greatest weapon they can use to toy with the hearts of the gullibles and semi-illiterates.Now every Tom & Dick thinks the reason he is poor is because Jan van Reebek decided that fate in 1652 and not because he didn't go to school and learn when he had a chance to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

The bolded part is not true lol. Because some of our freedom fighters were exiled in other African countries, so it was well-known that there was "another world", outside of our little bubble. Plus we had TVs & radios tongue I think our idea/perception of Africa though was perhaps slightly skewed & corrupted. Because 1st of all, in contrary to popular belief, there was NEVER a famine in South Africa, in recent generations. We always had food. But when you turn on the TV, you'd see black people in "other countries" (as we called it back then), looking skinny with flies all over their faces etc. Ethiopia is one such example. There was a disconnect emotionally & mentally, because if you took away our own struggle (which was Apartheid), South Africans lived almost "perfect" lives by comparison. We were almost like house pets, pampered in every other way tongue I still remember as a child, a neighbour just had a baby. But the baby was born premature, so it spent weeks in hospital, inside an incubator. When it was time for the baby to come home, the mother of the baby took me with her to the hospital. Back then, if you just had a baby, the hospital gave you the baby's "coming-out-of-the-hospital" clothes (pink for girls & blue for boys), plus a few other necessities. So as fùcked up as the system was, it was good in other ways. The doctors & nurses were nicer. As a child, you'd never leave a hospital without a lollipop from a doctor. Those are some of the reasons why we felt so out-of-touch with the rest of Africa. We knew we were in the same continent, but by all accounts, we lived completely different lives. We might as well could have been from two completely different planets.

Ghanaians & Zimbabweans aside, Somalis were also one of the 1st immigrants in South Africa. Now they really looked different! It was almost like looking at something from outer space. TBH, we were intrigued by all these people coming in. Most of them looked a little strange & their smells (natural scents) were even stranger grin Somalis & Zimbabweans sold clothes. Zimbabweans gave away their homemade clothes for free, in return for 2nd hand clothes. Because we had better clothes tongue Somalis mostly sold sneakers & jeans. Both clothes smelled funky lol. It was not unusual for people to wash the new clothes brought/got from Zimbabweans & Somalis before actually putting them on. I'd say we were snobbish or suspicious in a way.

So yeah, just wanted to tell it from the inside, looking out.

just sharrap...you wan become a house negro again....?...buhuhu.....apartheit morooons treated your babies better.....

but the grown ups were treated like animals.....it was a breeding farm......!!!!!

op is right.....una lost una minds....this yeye oyinbo crumbs should make me think better over them...??

you treat calfs bettter too...soooo,whats the difference.....??

you south africans have no shame,no dignity,thats why we nigerians tend to look down on you.....
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:

just sharrap...you wan become a house negro again....?...buhuhu.....apartheit morooons treated your babies better.....

but the grown ups were treated like animals.....it was a breeding farm......!!!!!

Were you here? If not, go find the tallest building in your vicinity & make use of it!

The truth is, we all had different experiences in life. My own father got his 1st ID & studied with the help of someone from outside his race. So you shut your stinking mouth & stick your mentality up your ass!
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Were you here? If not, go find the tallest building in your vicinity & make use of it!

The truth is, we all had different experiences in life. My own father got his 1st ID & studied with the help of someone from outside his race. So you shut your stinking mouth & stick your mentality up your ass!

different experiences my foot....you wan tell me how to treat my cows....??

go sleep joor...we nigerians dont want to be africans.....you are dragging us back to the stone age....

lately a guy was killed again in your area,,,,that doesnt bother you ofcourse....you only care how your oppressors treated your babies...

take that emotional nonesense and stick it up your arse.....
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2018
Jayceon:
They are not really anti-white,they just learned it's the greatest weapon they can use to toy with the hearts of the gullibles and semi-illiterates.Now every Tom & Dick thinks the reason he is poor is because Jan van Reebek decided that fate in 1652 and not because he didn't go to school and learn when he had a chance to learn.

Ditto! You spoke my mind! The same people drop out of school, to later on whine about how unfair life is. How can you become a success story when you put obstacles on your own path to success? Idiocy!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Ditto! You spoke my mind! The same people drop out of school, to later on whine about how unfair life is. How can you become a success story when you put obstacles on your own path to success? Idiocy!

soooo,white supremacy doesnt exist according to you.....

this is nairaland....a nigerian forum...not a african forum.....we nigerians dont understand africans.....!!

its so easy for me to see through una african mind shenenigans...i was with a south african lady toghether for a while....and boy was her mind weak.....she started crying when i mentioned apartheit....

i dont even understand why that nonesense should bother any african....you are not the person that commited the crime...they did...!!

why should it bother you even till today....?
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:15am On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:

different experiences my foot....you wan tell me how to treat my cows....??

go sleep joor...we nigerians dont want to be africans.....you are dragging us back to the stone age....

lately a guy was killed again in your area,,,,that doesnt bother you ofcourse....you only care how your oppressors treated your babies...

take that emotional nonesense and stick it up your arse.....

You're right, I don't give a rat's àss about the guy that was killed & neither do I care about the aspirations of your ilk. So you go & lament to someone who actually gives a damn about your dumbfuck opinions.
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

You're right, I don't give a rat's àss about the guy that was killed & neither do I care about the aspirations of your ilk. So you go & lament to someone who actually gives a damn about your dumbfuck opinions.

sooo,you dont care about my opinion.....

and i ask you....why should i care about yours.....?
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:33am On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:

soooo,white supremacy doesnt exist according to you.....

this is nairaland....a nigerian forum...not a african forum.....we nigerians dont understand africans.....!!

Whether it exists or not, my own existence is not to trace down the tracks of its existence. I couldn't care less. I got a life to live & my own destiny to fulfill. Others have risen above the so-called white supremacy & made something of themselves against the odds. I choose to be one of those people, instead of whining about monsters under my bed & obsessing about white people.

Your mother may care about the rest of your post, I don't!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:

sooo,you dont care about my opinion.....

and i ask you....why should i care about yours.....?

No, I really don't care about your opinion. How you take mine is up to you. Whether you care or not, I don't care.

Can't believe I'm having this dumb exchange so early in the day. Le sigh.
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No, I really don't care about your opinion. How you take mine is up to you. Whether you care or not, I don't care.

Can't believe I'm having this dumb exchange so early in the day. Le sigh.

how i take yours is up to me....say tell...are you slow or what...??

i just said i dont care about yours too....!!
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Whether it exists or not, my own existence is not to trace down the tracks of its existence. I couldn't care less. I got a life to live & my own destiny to fulfill. Others have risen above the so-called white supremacy & made something of themselves against the odds. I choose to be one of those people, instead of whining about monsters under my bed & obsessing about white people.

Your mother may care about the rest of your post, I don't!

your mother is a filty south african whoree.....!!!! a drug addict too....
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:

how i take yours is up to me....say tell...are you slow or what...??

i just said i dont care about yours too....!!

Good. We're even.
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by XhosaNostra(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
justtoodark:

your mother is a filty south african whoree.....!!!! a drug addict too....

Nice
Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Nice
grin grin
He is enraged

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by justtoodark: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Nice

haha..you trying to get to heaven....??

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by londoner: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Runalong333:

Lol, first post the documentary and we will talk. Why would such a thing not make news in a country as volatile as South Africa when it comes to land issues? Lol.

Because it was leading up to the world cup that's why.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by londoner: 2:16am On Jul 15, 2018
Runalong333:

Here is some info about it. You can view a video there although I watched a different documentary on it which was longer. But in the meantime, just so you can see it is not made up.

https://www.democracynow.org/2009/10/1/south_africas_poor_targeted_by_evictions

3:50 seconds to 5:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_XpMIcgfsQ&t=84s

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? by Xyzee: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yes, we understand most of the languages because they're similar. Most South Africans speak a minimum of 4 languages.

We have the Nguni languages, which consists of Xhosa, Zulu, Ndebele & Swazi. If you speak one of these languages, you'll be able to understand the other 3 Nguni languages.

We also have the Sotho languages, which are Sotho (Southern Sotho), Tswana & Pedi (Northern Sotho). They also understand each other's languages.

Lastly we have Venda & Tsonga. Well, very few people understand their languages, so most of them communicate with other people outside of their group in one of the Nguni or Sotho languages.

Malema is Pedi.

I don't wanna get into the land debate because it's complicated. Most of the land is allegedly owned by the govt according to a recent audit. And most people do have ancestral homes where they own land, hence I personally do not understand what all this fuss is about. You want land in the city? Buy it! It's the 21st century now. Some people basically wanna live in estates for free. I don't know much about the Zulu kingdom, so no comment.

Thanks so much for this clarification.

Much love.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud / Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Kuje Area Council (PHOTOS) / Governor Adeleke Praying For Dele Momodu & His Wife (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.