Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,564 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? (7479 Views)

75% Of Women Are Unlikely To Date Jobless Men / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by moonraker(m): 3:43am On Jun 12, 2010
@ Mr Black

Its like this, you both are adults, so talk things straight, sure she doesnt have money

to buy a ticket to see you, but i bet she has some cash for other stuff, get her the ticket,

then you guys can co operate to have a good time with her cash and maybe yur 25 percent??

truth is, this is a public forum, you will get different responses form different peeps with different mindset.

at the end of the day, it is YOU that would make the decision, I am sure that u will make the right one that suits you,

God Bless
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by emmaf5542(m): 5:22am On Jun 12, 2010
Bros, there is nothing too big in what you plan to do as long as she is the love of your life. My wife today was in the US for 5 years before we got married. We have been married for about 5 years now. She came to Nigeria once during those 5 years before we married.It was a 3 week visit.
The rest of the 5 years were,(letters , phone calls,emails [when sending one email used to cost N100] and chat-done during overnight browsing )-most of which was when I was a student.To keep up with the cost of sending emails and the rest as a student-i first got a part time during the ASUU strike of 1999 before I started a campus business-which years later turned to gold.
It takes a high level of communication and commitment.
I assume that you are employed by a company and don’t run your own business.
What kind of savings are you talking about? Is it the savings you set aside to pay yourself and then invest or is it the savings you set aside for emergency needs.
I would not advice you to use your investment savings to buy a plane ticket. I would have expected that you had been saving for this trip aside.
What you should do is (possibly) see if you can raise this money elsewhere. But you must contribute to her plane ticket if you can’t pay it all yourself. thats why you are a man.
And in the 21st century economy, it is not advisable to depend on one income except your Father is Aliko Dangote or Bill Gates. If you have over N200,000 in savings  ( I assuming that based on the cost of a plane ticket ) then by now you should be planning to find  a way to safely ensure that that savings is working for you i.e. money working for you. This way, you will have more income streams.
If you marry her next year, its likely going to take another 1-3 years after your marriage for you to cross over on an immigrant visa filed by her as your spouse except you have some other type of Visa or she is planning to return to Nigeria.
If you have a wife in the US who is expecting your baby, you will have to be providing part of the costs of her upkeep. And while N200,000 per month is a good salary for a young man in Nigeria. It is not much when you have to send money to your young pregnant wife in the USA.
You must contribute to her plane ticket, whether now or whenever you plan to have her come. And the sooner the better
. Extended distance is not too good for a couple planning to marry.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by oseiwe(m): 5:47am On Jun 12, 2010
Guy na extra u suppose spend together wit her. Believe me. No touch ur savings at all.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by adconline(m): 6:05am On Jun 12, 2010
Why are people discouraging him from spending the money he has to see his girl?

It's not like he's draining his years and years of hard earned money which he has been saving for his children and children's children!

The guy's a student for God's sakes and the money is his savings from a holiday job.

If I can remember correctly from my school days, some guys used to blow such funds away throwing silly parties during the first week of resumption. This one wants to spend it on his girl and y'all are opening your mouths wide!

GOLD DIGGING INC IS YOUR WEALTH AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS
BUYER BEWARE
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by cvibe: 6:06am On Jun 12, 2010
Know the wife to marry.

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by cruzbaba: 7:45am On Jun 12, 2010
my fellow people,i nofit do am at all,whn i no dey mad.person wey i never marry cum dey spendmy money 4 am, if dgirl cum jeju me.well sha. ino fit do am oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Echidime(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2010
Does the girls father has Oilwell? Or does her pussy carry GOLD AND DIAMOND? Are you a fool? So you think she is coming for you? hahahahahahahahahaah Stay there,just try doing it and be ready to have a heart attack when she comes and dumps you for another man. Is it not women? We know them all,they are like a cloth in the market place,only the higher bider buys them
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by chardino(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2010
The best advise is the one you give to yourself. just follow your heart Man,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by landtraza(m): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2010
yee if she can live up to eight thousand yes, no cause no one have ever did grin
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by MrBlack1: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
chardino:

The best advise is the one you give to yourself. just follow your heart Man,

Thanks man, will do so.

Echidime:

Does the girls father has Oilwell? Or does her kitty carry GOLD AND DIAMOND? Are you a fool? So you think she is coming for you? hahahahahahahahahaah Stay there,just try doing it and be ready to have a heart attack when she comes and dumps you for another man. Is it not women? We know them all,they are like a cloth in the market place,only the higher bider buys them

Strongly disagree with you on the highlighted above. Will you say that about your wife?

moonraker:

@ Mr Black

Its like this, you both are adults, so talk things straight, sure she doesnt have money

to buy a ticket to see you, but i bet she has some cash for other stuff, get her the ticket,

then you guys can co operate to have a good time with her cash and maybe yur 25 percent??

truth is, this is a public forum, you will get different responses form different peeps with different mindset.

at the end of the day, it is YOU that would make the decision, I am sure that u will make the right one that suits you,

God Bless

Thanks.

emmaf5542:

Bros, there is nothing too big in what you plan to do as long as she is the love of your life. My wife today was in the US for 5 years before we got married. We have been married for about 5 years now. She came to Nigeria once during those 5 years before we married.It was a 3 week visit.
The rest of the 5 years were,(letters , phone calls,emails [when sending one email used to cost N100] and chat-done during overnight browsing )-most of which was when I was a student.To keep up with the cost of sending emails and the rest as a student-i first got a part time during the ASUU strike of 1999 before I started a campus business-which years later turned to gold.
It takes a high level of communication and commitment.
I assume that you are employed by a company and don’t run your own business.
What kind of savings are you talking about? Is it the savings you set aside to pay yourself and then invest or is it the savings you set aside for emergency needs.
I would not advice you to use your investment savings to buy a plane ticket. I would have expected that you had been saving for this trip aside.
What you should do is (possibly) see if you can raise this money elsewhere. But you must contribute to her plane ticket if you can’t pay it all yourself. thats why you are a man.
And in the 21st century economy, it is not advisable to depend on one income except your Father is Aliko Dangote or Bill Gates. If you have over N200,000 in savings  ( I assuming that based on the cost of a plane ticket ) then by now you should be planning to find  a way to safely ensure that that savings is working for you i.e. money working for you. This way, you will have more income streams.
If you marry her next year, its likely going to take another 1-3 years after your marriage for you to cross over on an immigrant visa filed by her as your spouse except you have some other type of Visa or she is planning to return to Nigeria.
If you have a wife in the US who is expecting your baby, you will have to be providing part of the costs of her upkeep. And while N200,000 per month is a good salary for a young man in Nigeria. It is not much when you have to send money to your young pregnant wife in the USA.
You must contribute to her plane ticket, whether now or whenever you plan to have her come. [b]And the sooner the better
. Extended distance is not too good for a couple planning to marry.[/b]

Thanks a lot bro. The savings is just kept aside incase an urgent needs arises. More like a back up. But sure some of it can be used for investment that will accrue at least a 10% interest every month.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Orikinla(m): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
IN CAPS.
BEFORE YOU SPEND EVEN ONE KOBO ON ANY WOMAN, BE 75% SURE YOU ARE NOT WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

TRUE LOVE DEMANDS MUTUAL RESPECT AND MUTUAL SACRIFICE.

DO NOT SOW WHERE ANOTHER MAN WILL REAP.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Exponental(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2010
my woman will never accept such money wen she knows I shall end up being broke.

let her know ur status. if she insist without she contributin abt 50% of her expenses, then she is selfish. if u dont mind such a person
GO AHEAD!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by adconline(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
Why talk about engagement when you are not financially settled in life? In marriage, you have to consider biological age, psychological age and YES, FINANCIAL MATURITY. The era of God will provide is gone!!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Loveaflame(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
That is absolutely an unwise thing to do.Is she just a girl friend or the person you ave decided to marry?Even though she is the chosen person it is still an unwise thing to do.To such a lady I will be careful who receives such without any constraint.That is love base on money and the relationship will never last long.
It is only a matter of time if such a lady should see another highest bidder certainly you will become a history.I personally do not advise any guy in his right mind to that.It is really risky.You will never getto know how much she loves you.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by snthesis(m): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2010
@OP
u r livin d studnt life-tryin 2impress le femme.
Fact is if she truly lovs u den u both can plan 2earn möney 4da trip.
Dnt make dcsns wit ur d"ck it has no brains.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by james1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2010
Hi.marriage is an institution that must be approached with all the caution in your system and any you can glean as you go.should women want to fake love for you and chooses you as the target of their fantasy:GOD help you.one faked it for 25yrs with grown-ups!the heart can seriously mislead,smart men follow their HEADS.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by kobikwelu(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2010

***********adjusting tie and feeling relieved*********

yeah i feel much much better,

haaaaaaa nirvana,

Lolz u never serious. . .

the last time i checked, NL is a place to relieve stress,
and it worked like a charm!!!!!

(actually, the idea was suggested by my therapist grin grin grin grin grin grin)

try it sometime, u never know tongue tongue tongue
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by davidif: 1:39am On Jun 13, 2010
poster,
Don't even try it.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Osama10(m): 5:08am On Jun 13, 2010
davidif:

poster,
Don't even try it.

No mind am, him no dey hear word.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by ladiesman(m): 8:34am On Jun 13, 2010
[b][/b] guy let me ask u a series of question?did u pay 4 her ticket when she was leavin 9aija?did u pay 4 her visa application at d embassy in 9aija?do u knw her status in america?as in may b she is very much ok financially.how has she bin copin since d past one and half years witout a job?guy fink twice cus a girl would easily mk it dan a guy overthere.if she loves u let her ask d pple she is stayin wit her ticket fare afterall she eats 4-5 square meals dan u here.guy relax nd ponder on it b4 u make a move !
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 13, 2010
Yeah homie, u can give a try u never know what tomorrow brings. But put God first and again know her plans in the relationship. Goodluck
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by cbase: 10:20am On Jun 13, 2010
Hel no, y would i do smtin like dat,
10-15%, yes.
15-39%, dire cond.
40-up. No way, unles convrted frm girlfrnd 2 wife.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Obodo999(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2010
75% of your savings is nothing. I know some guys who spend 100% of their savings on prostitute. But make sure you lick her pussy dry when she comes.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
my dear mugu Mr.Black, The sincere truth is that Like most guys here, the honest, most sincere answer to your question is[b] yes!!! Yes[/b] we will blow  up 75% of our life savings on the chick, and possibly the remaining 25 % on her up keep; yes we will send the moohlah to her when we are not sure whether or not she is coming to nigeria just to meet us[b], yes [/b] we will so that she can come to 9ja and give us a ceremonial dumping after she meets a richer dude, and finally YES BECAUSE SHE GET DIAMONDS STICKING OUT OF HER KITTY. Am I not right? wink
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Olorunjuwon(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
Abeg man, if u realy love her, find way to get money 2 pay 4 her ticket, she stil ur current lover so u hav to sacrify anytin 4 her.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by dayokay(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2010
My advice to you is that you should not spend all your savings on a lady dat u are not 100% sure may be she will marry you as u said u are one n half years apart. She reside in US n probably she should have more savings/cash than you do. If u are already married u can do such a thing. Who can know the heart of human being, u are still a student tryn to meet ends means with this nigerian economy. let her transport herself if she truely love you n you take care of the expenses when she arrive.

I know love is still shaking you, but are u sure you are the only one she is dating cos such has happen to me too. My former babe travelled to US after 8 yeras we've been dating just 4 6months, meanwhile she dosen't know i have access to one of her mail box where i found out her she had secret affair even before she left naija n still relating the guy of her coming back.

My guy open ur eyes n b wise. Its not adviseable to spent all your income on yourself alone not to talk of girl friend. God will help u.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by MrBlack1: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
@dayokay,

Thanks.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2010
lol why will I spend 75%?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by cooldalex(m): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
its so cool to be arround wth u guys again, course hv being away for quit a while now
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by cooldalex(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2010
dayokay:

My advice to you is that you should not spend all your savings on a lady dat u are not 100% sure may be she will marry you as u said u are one n half years apart. She reside in US n probably she should have more savings/cash than you do. If u are already married u can do such a thing. Who can know the heart of human being, u are still a student tryn to meet ends means with this nigerian economy. let her transport herself if she truely love you n you take care of the expenses when she arrive.

I know love is still shaking you, but are u sure you are the only one she is dating cos such has happen to me too. My former babe travelled to US after 8 yeras we've been dating just 4 6months, meanwhile she dosen't know i have access to one of her mail box where i found out her she had secret affair even before she left naija n still relating the guy of her coming back.

My guy open your eyes n b wise. Its not adviseable to spent all your income on yourself alone not to talk of girl friend. God will help u.

word !!! cool shocked
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by harakiri(m): 8:42am On Jun 16, 2010
@Post

I have done it before (even more than 75%) and i wouldn't advise my enemy to repeat the same mistake.Why? Women are unpredictable.You can do all you can to make a woman happy and at the tail end, she will take it all for granted. Whether you buy her a cheap pair of shoes or order a brand new BMW X3 from Coscharis , it's all the same thing to her.She will assume that it's because you're sleeping together that you are doing all these.I've seen guys sponsor women through university only to be heart broken in the end.A lot of the women who engage in indiscriminate seXXx during NYSC are either married, engaged or in serious relationships heading towards the altar.A lot of them have men who have starved themselves to put them through school and yet. . .in the twinkle of an eye, they let go of their womanhood (and trust me, they will have one useless excuse to explain why they did it if you catch them red handed).

Even for a married man, i wouldn't advise you to blow more than 25% on your woman no matter what the urgency and don't let her know more than 50% of what you have.Even if she has a good source of income, she will still find some way to "network" your bank account for her selfish needs.This is why i don't blame men who hide their properties, fixed deposit accounts, shares/stocks and business from their women.Today might be rosy, you don't know the crap she might bring up tomorrow.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by LadyLocs(f): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2010
If your chick knows your situation and expects you to spend all that money, she doesn`t love you. You don`t have to buy love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FÙCK! SEE IT: The First Negative Comment A Lady Made [PICTURE] / How Jumia Exposed My Girlfriend / Am Getting Tired Of My Boyfriend After Six Years Of Relathionship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.