Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,360 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? (7482 Views)

75% Of Women Are Unlikely To Date Jobless Men / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by zebra543: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
NO, not because your girl isnt worth it, not because you dont really need to see her, but because its called savings for a reason, not take my girl holiday funds! Save your money for something IMPORTANT, its rich men that fly thier gf's all over the world, you and her can skype!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
Mr Black:

Hello Nairalander's,

I am about to take a decision and would really appreciate your candid opinions on this Issue. I am a young man who happens to be a student, but work during the holidays. I have a girlfriend based in the US whom i have been dating for 5 years. She has only resided in the US for 1 1/2 years and intends to come visit but cannot afford to buy her air fare ticket.

I was able to save some money from my last vacation job and if i have to get her air ticket, then i will be left with only 25% of my savings which will still be spent upon her arrival and stay with me. I am not too comfortable with the long period we have stayed apart and believe this is an opportunity for us to define our relationship. I do intend to ENGAGE her when she arrives and then plan for marriage towards the end of next year when i must have graduated from school.

Now the Question is, if you were in my shoes, would you spend almost all of your savings for your girlfriend? And if you must know i really care about her and love her a lot. Keep your honest comments coming.

Pay for the fare. . . . . .God loves a cheerful giver. cheesy
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
davidylan:

Explain the situation of things to her . . . i'm tired of this "girlfriend" syndrome where women expect to be mollycoddled money-wise by their men sorry boys. There shld be room for 2 adults to discuss their financial status BEFORE taking on expensive junkets like this. He intends to engage her . . . has he bought the engagement ring? Has he met her family? Has he put away anything  towards a marriage for next yr or he thinks money will fall from the roof from a guaranteed job in nigeria?

What is she doing NOT doing a vacation job instead of hopping to naija for a 3 month idle stay?

Where are her parents? Are they aware she is travelling 2000 miles to nigeria to stay with an unmarried boyfriend? What did she tell them was the source of her money for the trip?

Errr David, you seem not to be getting the true situation here!

He offered to do it, I can't see where he said the girl aksed him to. Infact just to accomodate him, she volunteerd to give up the time she would have used to work and earn somthing for herself . .

He probably asked her to come and she said she couln't afford it and he said not to worry he could. Only for him to run to NL and declare his assets to us, expecting us to tell him not to do it!

The issue here is not if she's supposed to be travelling that distance or not, I bet she's old enough to make such decisions herself.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by yme1(f): 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
spend fire tongue
i can help her with half of the cash and let her get the rest
for fu/cking sake you are gonna be responsible for her stay which is gonna cost you cash too undecided
dont waste your cash and stay broke boy
remember never underestimate the strength of a woman cheesy
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
y me:

spend fire tongue
i can help her with half of the cash and let her get the rest
for fu/cking sake you are gonna be responsible for her stay which is gonna cost you cash too undecided
dont waste your cash and stay broke boy
remember never underestimate the strength of a woman cheesy

So you won't pay ma fare to come spend a week with you?
Dang it. . . . .Y Me, you don fall ma hand.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by yme1(f): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

So you won't pay ma fare to come spend a week with you?
pay wetin? i send you cheesy
i dont accomodate broke a** guys o, i expected you to say what i will love you to buy for me angry
make una see this oshofree nah me wan give you body wey you wan explore nah me go still pay angry
my frd buy that ticket and come ya b4 i change my mind grin

Dang it. . . . .Y Me, you don fall ma hand.
nah only your hand?---i go fall ya head join am wink
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Pweety4me(f): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
Life savings?ah ah 4 common ticket it go take out 75%? cheesy undecided how long u don dey save 4?how much u save sef tongue

Ok we'll, i would advise u 2 carry on saving jare. . .4 your urself & your 2morrow plse.
smiley
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
y me:

pay wetin? i send you cheesy
i dont accomodate broke a** guys o, i expected you to say what i will love you to buy for me angry
make una see this oshofree nah me wan give you body wey you wan explore nah me go still pay angry
my frd buy that ticket and come ya b4 i change my mind grin

TBH, it's kinda awkward for any guy to expect a babe to pay for his fare. . . .
However, i see nothing wrong in a man paying for a babe to FLY in.
Whatz the big deal? How much is the ticket sef?

nah only your hand?---i go fall ya head join am wink

I changed ma mind. . . .I want to pay your fare to come see me.
U game?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
she no dey work? Abeg her cunt na gold i carry?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by sugarpp: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Poster
you need to ask yourself if it is money you can afford to lose without lookn back. This has ntn to do with the state of ur relationship infact u both might be perfect for eachother but there's always that possibility that things dnt wrk out down the line n in that situation wld u regret spendn that much of ur savings to see her? if u must see her it is better u go over to where she is.

Also u say u want to define ur relationship after 5 yrs that perhaps indicates ur relationship is nt as secure as it shld b + increases the possibility that she might end up telling u wat u might nt want to hear.
Personally i wldnt advise u to pay for the ticket.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Pweety4me(f): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
^After all u don yan u would still advise him 2 pay?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by yme1(f): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

TBH, it's kinda awkward for any guy to expect a babe to pay for his fare. . . .
However, i see nothing wrong in a man paying for a babe to FLY in.
Whatz the big deal? How much is the ticket sef?
yeap no biggie for a guy paying a babes fare and vice-vica
but the fact is the guy in question gat no cash
if he spends 75% of his saved cash on a flight ticket that means he gat little or nothing
but if he wants to the ball is in his court undecided

I changed ma mind. . . .I want to pay your fare to come see me.
U game?
am game but i buy my tickey myself
how about that? cheesy
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by yme1(f): 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
Pweety4me:

^After all u don yan u would still advise him 2 pay?
he said he shouldnt baby
Personally i wldnt advise u to pay for the ticket.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
y me:

am game but i buy my tickey myself
how about that? cheesy

Nah. . . . . .
I consider you too nice to be getting your ticket yourself.
Besides, i have got free air-miles you can use. wink
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Pweety4me(f): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
y me:

he said he shouldnt baby
O my bad. . .umm did u just call me a baby? sad
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by yme1(f): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Nah. . . . . .
I consider you too nice to be getting your ticket yourself.
Besides, i have got free air-miles you can use. wink
awwwwww how sweet of you kiss kiss
but i love up-grading myself "myself" before anyone does it for me
so i get my ticket,my place and we cuddle grin

Pweety4me:

O my bad. . .umm did u just call me a baby? sad
thats a way of me saying honey, sweetie. all that sweet stuff nah kiss
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by kobikwelu(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
LIE -LIE!!!!!

NEVAAAAAAA

NEVAAAAAAA

NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
y me:

awwwwww how sweet of you kiss kiss
but i love up-grading myself "myself" before anyone does it for me
so i get my ticket,my place and we cuddle grin

No wahala then . . . . .
Bring a female along. cheesy
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by opiscopy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
dem swear for me. even if na juju she put for that place, i swear, e no go work.monkey dey work,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by yme1(f): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

No wahala then . . . . .
Bring a female along. cheesy
angry angry
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Pweety4me(f): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
kobikwelu:

LIE -LIE!!!!!

NEVAAAAAAA

NEVAAAAAAA

So is that y u r screaming?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by SSaemoenl(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2010
Guy, If i were U, i just give it up to that expensive and high standard relationship, how can u use 75% of ur salary on a girl who is far from US, I cant imagine dis, If but of u are residing the same, then, i can manage that.
Note, b4 telling her that u wanted to engaged her, try preview it on ur phone conversation to know her action, but sending money to us for a air ticket i never will do that. If she is in true love with u, she can done that by working hard in US to actualize that, not u from Nigeria sending the money. From xperience as in smone that resides away from home,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Obodo999(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
I will rather give 100% of my savings to real beggars at places like Oshodi than to give to a manipulative girlfriend, who would called you a "mumu" in your absence.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
y me:

angry angry

Nor vex now. . . .
3some is always better. grin wink
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Newest: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
No, try not to see her today so she could be in your arms forever,
Just use that money on somfin that would bring more cash, a profitable business and withing a year you would have made 4times of that ur present savings, i know how u feel, just chill, and tell her what your plans are, am sure she would appreciate it if she's truly meant to be your wife thou
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by kobikwelu(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
LIE -LIE!!!!!

NEVAAAAAAA

NEVAAAAAAA

So is that y u r screaming?

***********adjusting tie and feeling relieved*********

yeah grin grin grin i feel much much better, grin grin  grin grin

haaaaaaa nirvana,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Poster,

Have you seen Prophet Obadare to lay hands on you? Cos no be ordinary eye.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Omolulu(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

@Poster,

DEATH!!! grin grin grin
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by babaowo: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2010
you are man, so decide yourself
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by erasmus185: 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
Your Question: Should I use my Head or my Emotion ? Well, many intellectuals have spoken. If you forget all remember the simple CMM formula given by Basildon1 for a real man - Carrier,Money then Marriage.

Please I wouldn't like to see ''Had I Known'' post from you on this forum in the future.

I don tell you oo, I don tell you ooo, Erasmus don tell you ooo,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

@Poster,

You are a Arrow!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
Find below the address of WOSEM

Contact Information:
Opposite Oyemekun Grammar School,
Along Adinlewa Street, Akure.
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA

Telephone: 234-803-343-4617 &
234-803-405-8517

Postal Address:
P.O. Box 151 Akure, Ondo State Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Wait For Your Spouse Before You Eat? / 7 Reasons Men Dislike Virgins / PICTURES: The Chat of a Nice Guy Vs. a Bad Boy. [Screenshots]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.