Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights (58725 Views)

Nigeria will soon be better than America / 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by oseiwe(m): 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
bilms:
3. Expense of goods and commodity

Things are more expensive in America than Nigeria. Especially for women, getting your hair done, makeup, clothes are FAR more expensive in America for something of equal value in Nigeria. In Nigeria, you will pay the equivalent of $40 to do Senegalese twists and that is even with you giving extra tip to the excellent hair stylist! DO you know the same style, and not even half as good would cost upward of $250-$300 in America? Let's not even get on the costs of fabric. There are so many skilled tailors to make custom clothing in Nigeria way better than what is obtainable in America, but you pay more in U.S.
The price of a tin of liquid peak milk in Nigeria would give you 5litres of liquid full cream milk in US
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
BiafraIShere:
No 1. on your list should be accommodation. A studio apartment in America can cost up to $1000 or 365,000 naira per month while it's equivalent in Nigeria, self contain, costs $50 or 18250 per month. So you can't afford to live in spacious condos in America except you have enough money to spare.

You can't directly compare the cost that in Nigeria.

Why?

The standard of living is higher

It might cost the same way to an American the same way the N18250 costs to a Nigerian
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by BigIyanga: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

No but they rely on the brains of immigrants. Go and read up about the man who invented the fastest processor, go and read up about the search engine Algorithm which Google relies on and the brains behind it. For every success by these companies, there is a foreginer behind it. Even the CEO of Microsoft is a foreigner/immigrant so you are the UNINFORMED one my friend!
Nonse..how many Nigerian inventors?
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by nwanyionitsha: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

With all due respect, what you wrote is BS! The systematic decay of the economy under GEJ led to some of the failures of the Buhari administration. Granted we all thought Buhari was capble but he chose a wrong path which has made things worse; that does not absolve GEJ. You are making the mistake of thinking GEJ and Buhari met the economy under the same circumstances, even Okonjo sounded the alarm that Nigeria was going broke in 2014, have we all forgotten so easily? Please please let's call a spade a spade, they both failed woefully!
You just spewed nonsense.
Just found out that you are a buharideen(courtesy Dele Momodu).

1 Like

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by BigIyanga: 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
The most wretched, insular and dumb and unexposed come up with these baseless claims. Our politrickians have one form of attachment/biz/family in the US as the 1st option. Naija is a 2nd option to the elite/ruling class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
lielbree:
When I see or hear people relocating to the US for so called greener pastures, I wonder if there is another US somewhere.... cos if it's this one I know, u might as well jump from fry pan to fire!

USA is OVERRATED!!!

What part of the US do you live?
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Olumyco(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

But their data is correct when they say that some of the most educated people in the states are Nigerians. Let's say the truth

Look at the factors surrounding the data. It was carried out in their country on the people living there. The truth is that, that kind of data will be hard to contest as the premise is real and logical.
But for some group of people from outside Africa to come and be writing our own history/statistics for us is an aberration and contestable. America is good with the media, because they control it and they cant be trusted.
The best thing we should be doing when any statistics is released by them is to scrutinise them.
Look at it how can you say Nigerians belongs to the lowest IQ category in the World and yet we have Super Computer, Pounding Machine etc as our intellectual properties.
How can you say we have low IQ and yet the Imafidon Family in the UK is referred to as the smartest family in the UK.
How can you say we have low IQ and yet our people go to Ivy International colleges and universities and outperform their white counterparts.
How can they say we have low IQ and yet our medical practitioners were able to combat the Ebola menace that plagued the country some years ago without any external support.
How can the white say we have low IQ when during the Biafra war, the Igbo were able to manufacture a super local bomb called "Ogbunugbe", courtesy of a UNN lecturer.
How can the white say we have low IQ and yet we have style of clothes, style of music and so on which trails and contest other countries' style of clothes and music.
How can they say we have low IQ when some of our art works were stolen from us.
So many things to talk about.

See our problem is just integrity. A white man has integrity more than a black man on a good day. If we can change, we will outperform them. Nigerians are special sets of people. We are very intelligent and smart just like the Chinese and Indians. Our main problem is integrity (credibility + honesty).

1 Like

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

No but they rely on the brains of immigrants. Go and read up about the man who invented the fastest processor, go and read up about the search engine Algorithm which Google relies on and the brains behind it. For every success by these companies, there is a foreginer behind it. Even the CEO of Microsoft is a foreigner/immigrant so you are the UNINFORMED one my friend!

I thought that you would be mentioning Nigerian inventors or inventions.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
correctguy101:

Please, I use gun beg you. Don't bring the Ashkenazi Jews in this matter. The Jews in the US government are already enough

trouble.

Those ones that can have a million year plan and see it to fruition? Even me wey no like them, I envy their determination and respect their dedication.

Can't you see that Jerusalem is now rightfully theirs to claim? Infant, the wealth of this world rests on a few of these families and they don't plan to let it loose. Its the remnant that the whole lot of us are fighting over.
There's even a conspiracy that none of their forebears were totally human. You know all those crazy talk of demigods and their children with humanity blah blah blah.

You're correct that we glorify fraudsters as seen in delta state here where almost every young person is a G-boy. And in our politics. Smh

The law over here is "na who dem catch with meat be thief ".

I swear you and your monicker no difference. You be really correct guy. God bless you
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
udemzy101:

You still haven't answered my question sir, concerning what you said.

I disagree with you, Nigerians don't vote base on emotions /sympathy, they vote base on the political party they support, the vote base on ethnicity also vote base on the highest bidder.

When this present administration were dishing out propaganda, how many of them came out to ask how these things will be achieved?

This is the same mistake they are doing again, instead Nigerians are fighting on behalf of political parties and their flag bearers.

This is an awesome point

Most of these politicians don't have any real plans for Nigeria and
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
ndiuel:
Someone roughly said Nigeria has the highest amount of morons in the world, what I'm very sure of is that this person has only being to a handful of other countries, so how did he/she arrive at this conclusion.
Another roughly said Americans invent most of the things we use and wrote most textbooks we read; if by america we mean the continent then it's a lie, if by america we mean USA then it's a bigger lie. One issue here is some people in Nigeria call everyone else who isn't African or Asian American. My final take:
i.) There are morons everywhere. Being dumb or stupid doesn't depend on location.
ii.) There are smart and intelligent people everywhere. Being smart or intelligent doesn't depend on location.
iii.) There is corruption everywhere. Being corrupt doesn't depend on location.
iv.) Anybody with the right idea at the right time in the right place can succeed. U just have to be at the right place at the right time with the right idea. The right place is different for different people. If u don't blow it's not the government's or the country's fault
That reminds another issue with some Nigerians is they are quick to blame government, please show me one successful american or successful anybody for that matter that had government assistance..
I rest my case. It'll probably be filled with grammatical errors, but always remember if u re not going to be nice when u quote me u can always ignore. Thank u.

Dangote got assistance from the government when he started iirc
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Horus(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LacD_JOI04

Africa's Son Akon Speech on Why Africa is Better than America
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by writeprof(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
tstx:

.... There's a conspiracy to reduce Africa's population by whatever means necessary... Since i discovered it i stopped taking drugs. Now its strictly traditional herbs.. After all its this same herbs that made my forefathers live up to 130 years..

the herbal way is it. Some times, I marvel at the efficacy of these herbs. And they are what God gave man as drugs from the beginnings.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by abbey621(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
Admin401:

I thought that you would be mentioning Nigerian inventors or inventions.

No need, we all know that the Nigerian environment and government does not create a suitable atmosphere for inventions. No stable electricity, high speed internet no dey. No wonder all our talents are being tapped by other countries...lol
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by abbey621(m): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanyionitsha:
You just spewed nonsense.
Just found out that you are a buharideen(courtesy Dele Momodu).

Hehehe....It's funny when you throw facts at people and they come back with lame rhetoric....lol
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Olumyco:

Look at the factors surrounding the data. It was carried out in their country on the people living there. The truth is that, that kind of data will be hard to contest as the premise is real and logical.
But for some group of people from outside Africa to come and be writing our own history/statistics for us is an aberration and contestable. America is good with the media, because they control it and they cant be trusted.
The best thing we should be doing when any statistics is released by them is to scrutinise them.
Look at it how can you say Nigerians belongs to the lowest IQ category in the World and yet we have Super Computer, Pounding Machine etc as our intellectual properties.
How can you say we have low IQ and yet the Imafidon Family in the UK is referred to as the smartest family in the UK.
How can you say we have low IQ and yet our people go to Ivy International colleges and universities and outperform their white counterparts.
How can they say we have low IQ and yet our medical practitioners were able to combat the Ebola menace that plague the country some years ago without any external support.
How can the white say we have low IQ when during the Biafra war, the Igbo were able to manufacture a super local bomb called "Ogbunugbe", courtesy of a UNN lecturer.
How can the white say we have low IQ and yet we have style of clothes, style of music and so on which trails and contest other countries' style of clothes and music.
So many things to talk about.

See our problem is just integrity. A white man has integrity more than a black man on a good day. If we can change, we will outperform them. Nigerians are special sets of people. We are very intelligent and smart just like the Chinese and Indians. Our main problem is our environment.
Beautiful points you raised there bro. I almost agree but don't be deceived by the media, Nigerians are smart but Ivy League schools are dominated by jews, indians and Japanese before you will even call Nigeria. We are smart I agree and we make up the upper echelon but that doesn't mean we are the brightest in the top schools, but we do very well.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

No need, we all know that the Nigerian environment and government does not create a suitable atmosphere for inventions. No stable electricity, high speed internet no dey. No wonder all our talents are being tapped by other countries...lol

Germans and American's were churning out inventions before the advent of internet or electricity. Both were also inventions that we both can't do without.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

When I checked your profile , I saw this...(screenshot below). So I ask you again, how many time have you been denied visa? Coz your hatred for the U.S ain't ordinary. Either you've been bitterly denied visa severally , or you're a Taliban or you've just chosen to suffer for life. Or maybe you're a citizen of north Korea.

LMAO
grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by echodrum(m): 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
mrrights:

Were you contacted when that thing you posted is being researched?

I wasn't.

Its all in your imagination and concorted

Thanks
so where did you get your own research from? This is just the opposite of what you are saying. So you do not understand how research works? Does it show how intelligent you are?
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by abbey621(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
Admin401:

Germans and American's were churning out inventions before the advent of internet or electricity. Both were also inventions that we both can't do without.

Are you comparing nations with strong history to nations emerging from colonization? America at 60 or 70 was pathetic, the country evolved on the labor of slaves, immigrants and so on to become what it is today. in Nigeria we don't have such luxuries, so we must either emancipate ourselves or continue our endless self-pity fiasco!

1 Like

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by AceVentura: 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
So says the one who can’t stick to one moniker while writing trash...

Go & sit down my friend.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

Are you comparing nations with strong history to nations emerging from colonization? America at 60 or 70 was pathetic, the country evolved on the labor of slaves, immigrants and so on to become what it is today. in Nigeria we don't have such luxuries, so we must either emancipate ourselves or continue our endless self-pity fiasco!

So what You think if we or any other tribe back then had the mental and physical capacity to do what America did (slavery), you really think we wont do it? You think we were some shinning example of morality? grin grin we were literally killing twins lol

It's was a race to the top, if you can't compete you get fvcked in the ass Africa is not the only nation that got colonised but still bitch about it till today.

Einstein, faraday, telsa, newton, heisenberg, do you think they needed slaves to help them formulate their equations?

Blacks were only used as farm tools, the did zero brain work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by abbey621(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
Admin401:

So what You think if we or any other tribe back then had the mental and physical capacity to do what America did (slavery), you really think we wouls do it? You think we some shinning example of morality? grin grin

It's a race to the top, if you can't compete you get fvcked in the ass Africa is not the only nation that got colonised but still bitch about it till today.

Einstein, faraday, telsa, newton, heisenberg, do you think they needed slaves to help them formulate their equations?

Blacks were only used as farm tools, the did zero brain work.

Who's talking about morality? We are talking about resources needed to advance a nation. You brought up these countries as a shining example of development and I informed you the catalyst which propelled their development. Compare the U.S. at 60 or 70 to Nigeria at its present state and you'll be surprised that we are actually developing at the expected rate. Now imagine if we could reduce corruption and retain ou best talents? What would hold us back from becoming as great as those advanced societies?
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by GetCofOProperty: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

If interested in any of the properties on promo, you can reach us through the contact in the signature below or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat with us. Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by BigIyanga: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

STFU: Germany was in ruins after the WW11 and they got a loan from US-Marshall plan to rebuild their country.. BTW, Naija has earned 3x thru crude oil, what Germans got as a loan to rebuild rheir country
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

Who's talking about morality? We are talking about resources needed to advance a nation.

Name one resource you didn't have? Fertile soil? Gold? Silver? Oil? Cocoa? Rubber? Coal? What resource didn't you have in Africa?

We were sitting on a gold mine. The only thing we didn't have was brain power.

1 Like

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by abbey621(m): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Admin401:

Name one resource you didn't have? Fertile soil? Gold? Silver? Oil? Cocoa? Rubber? Coal? What resource didn't you have in Africa?

We were sitting on a gold mine. The only thing we didn't have was brain power.

How much money is spent on scientific research in Nigeria? How much do we invest in education? How does an engineering student invent or practice what was learned without stable electricity? How does a programmer or network analyst perfect their skills without stable electricity and/or internet? How much does the government invest in biochem trials? Even our local farmers do we empower them with the tools they need to become productive? We might have the resources but they are not readily available to those who can easily benefit from them. We have plenty of brain power but they are anguishly being supressed by lack of tools/opportunities. How do you explain a medical doctor beign average in Nigeria only to jet out and after just few years become one of the leading doctors in Alabama?

1 Like

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Hintona(f): 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
WhyMoD:
Someone just woke up and penned down this trash..
Who told you Nigerians are smart?
Nigerians are animals and their leaders understand this very well.

And you think reading and memorizing a whole textbook makes you smart?
Who invented/discovered those things you're memorizing in textbooks? Aren't most of them Americans?

Stop being a fool boy.
Americans don't waste their time memorizing textbooks, they believe in being innovative.
Don't think you're smarter than someone because you're having better marks than him in school. It only means you're better in memorizing and not necessarily smarter
inferiority complex
glorifying America
if America is that mighty or smart sorry for them but it's not for long
their smartness can't help them this time China is coming up

2 Likes

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
abbey621:

How much money is spent on scientific research in Nigeria? How much do we invest in education? How does an engineering student invent or practice what was learned without stable electricity? How does a programmer or network analyst perfect their skills without stable electricity and/or internet? How much does the government invest in biochem trials? Even our local farmers do we empower them with the tools they need to become productive? We might have the resources but they are not readily available to those who can easily benefit from them. We have plenty of brain power but they are anguishly being supressed by lack of tools/opportunities.

Well, black people run your government, not whites.

1 Like

Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Hintona(f): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
planetx:
If Nigerians are so smart and intelligent why is the country in such a mess. Going to an already made country like America and excelling academically doesn't prove your intelligence, only prove you are a leech and parasite who is reaping where he did not sow.
op forgot to add Nigerians are also selfish, greedy, barbaric, wicked and corrupt.
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hintona:

inferiority complex
glorifying America
if America is that mighty or smart sorry for them but it's not for long
their smartness can't help them this time China is coming up

Why do you feel sorry for them?
Re: 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights by abbey621(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
BigIyanga:

STFU: Germany was in ruins after the WW11 and they got a loan from US-Marshall plan to rebuild their country.. BTW, Naija has earned 3x thru crude oil, what Germans got as a loan to rebuild rheir country

You're a dunce! Nigeria earned through crude oil but spends more servicing loans from IMF and subsidizing petrol, let's not talk about the military regime where much of the country's cash reserves were looted and the value of the Naira basically crashed. Your argument is like that of a child licking ice cream and wondering why it is melting....lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter / Police Officers And Soldiers Clashed At INEC Office In Rivers / Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.