Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? (3378 Views)

Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? / Men Lose Their Self-esteem When The Women They Love Are Successful / Most Promiscuous People Are Successful. How Sad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Obodo999(m): 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2010
chiogo:

@Poster, you did well - Cutting your coat according to your size. Good for you!

You miss the point if you are thinking the issue is about money. I am a very successful businessman with my own company. I have three houses in lagos, ogun and oyo states. I could afford to marry as many women as i want and pay them salaries to stay at home. But when I meet a potential girlfriend or wife, I don't let them know how wealthy I am. I want to test out their love and that was why this banker behave the way she did. It is her loss and someone else gain. And to let you know this pure water seller now have her own business as well. She is a good mother and wife.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by kieryn(f): 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
@poster Your wife is not educated what do you expect her to do. Your ex did not know how to prioritize. There are plenty of successful and educated women that work hard and hold down a family and take of there husband. Just because you ran into one that does not attend to your needs doesnt mean the rest are the same.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Obodo999(m): 12:16am On Jun 16, 2010
kieryn:

@poster Your wife is not educated what do you expect her to do. Your ex did not know how to prioritize. There are plenty of successful and educated women that work hard and hold down a family and take of there husband. Just because you ran into one that does not attend to your needs doesnt mean the rest are the same.

That is why I post this thread so everyone can give their opinion. You are different from those spawning hatred based on jealousy.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by chiogo(f): 4:40am On Jun 16, 2010
Obodo999:

You miss the point if you are thinking the issue is about money. I am a very successful businessman with my own company. I have three houses in lagos, ogun and oyo states. I could afford to marry as many women as i want and pay them salaries to stay at home. But when I meet a potential girlfriend or wife, I don't let them know how wealthy I am. I want to test out their love and that was why this banker behave the way she did. It is her loss and someone else gain. And to let you know this pure water seller now have her own business as well. She is a good mother and wife.
Yea, her own business that you opened for her, right? And you also think you own her, right? Since you "bought" her and can marry as many women as you want.

Like I said, good for you. Really. smiley
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by VALIDATOR: 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
It's like most of you ladies don't get the OP's main point.He only gave his opinion and advice to other men not to be deceived by a woman's outward indicators of success. That you can find happiness by looking beyond the mask of socioeconomic status that women (and of course men as well) put on.

IMO, some women are just not good wife materials (i.e they can not really make a man's life happy). Now,many factors can cause that besides the woman's socioeconomic quest/status.

His former gf was not a good wife material.He searched for the reason and found that it was due to her financial quest/status. That is his opinion about his gf and I also agree with him. However, he went too far by generalizing it.

Nobody is against a woman's socioeconomic quest but when such makes you to become less feminine,you gotta slack up a little. What is the value of a woman who can not prepare delicious meal and have delicious sex with me I will rather hang out with fellow guys.

Most of our women are now also buying this romantic western culture dummy of what a relationship/marriage should be like. They are forgetting that divorce rates in the western world is much higher (now approaching 50%) than here.
www.divorcerate.org/

Marriages are happier and still last longer in places where the wife prepares delicious meal and have delicious sex with her husband. If a woman can combine that with her socioeconomic quest.Good ! Moderation is the name of the game.

Men love food and sex and nothing's gonna take that away.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by no1madman(m): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
As far as i'm concerned,career women or pure water sellers r equal. . na d same toto dem get.
Note:A man settles down with a woman who brings him peace. .(damn class)
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by sms4health: 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
One man's meat is another man's poison
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Witi(m): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
this guy is a typical African Man that have not lost the values of his forefathers.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by IgboGirl(f): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
Are unsuccessful men boring and useless? Yes!!
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by xhosachoc(f): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by MrCork21: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
only if they gots no nyansh angry
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Osama10(m): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
no1madman:

As far as i'm concerned,career women or pure water sellers r equal. . na d same toto dem get.
Some point in this.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by VALIDATOR: 10:40am On Oct 20, 2010
no1madman:

GBAM !
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 20, 2010
these naija men these naija men.abanker is working twice as hard as you, you still want her to be doing all the house chores while you watch supersport and clean up after the game as well as sex you till you are tired.

What emotional support did you offer your poor banker galfrend when the work was draining her?

Did you ever bother to discuss her getting a less stressful job so u could have more Quality time .i so doubt that all you wre thinking about is how she will meet your needs like she got no needs of her own.

You are better of with the kind of woman you married you can mold her into anything you want.I am happy for your choice.

1 Like

Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Ikedonn(m): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2010
Yes oooooooooooooooooooo.I need a responsible woman who can take care of domestic works.Whether educated or not,i don't care.Since there's will be happiness in the house,That's important.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by GL(f): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
the ex-girlfriend could have been better at time management, there are many successful women that are married with kids. there's no way a woman can work 6 days/week and be expected to be responsible for every household chore, and it's understandable that every now and then she'll need to take a day off.

still i don't see how you can compare the lifestyle of a banker working 6 days/week with that of a hawker. they've got such different schedules, the hawker is self-employed and can afford to rearrange her 'career' to fit your needs. the one similarity i see is in where their priorities lie. the banker is successful independently of you, but dependent on her banking job and that's her priority. the hawker is uneducated and wholly dependent on you, and you're her priority.

btw, you weren't even married to the lady and you were expecting her to do everything for you.
Re: Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? by Ladyjide(f): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2010
No some of you guys are missing the point. The OP problem has nothing to do with the fact that this woman was successful. First of all they weren't even married and were living together ( not judging just pointing out some facts). You wanted her to pretend that she is your wife, but not even willing to give her the proper title? .  Never the less  whats to say even if she wasn't successful she would not be acting the same way and doing the same thing?  Next time pick a better mate. Now you have an uneducated woman who honestly has no real choose but to do all you ask- what else is she going to do, I can show you lots of women who are successful, and who have no problem taking care of their man, and all of their womanly responsibilities with out hesitation!! Now will those women choose you is a better question?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Ways To Woooo Any Female: Fat Or Slim / How To Find Out If A Girl Likes You In 12 Ways / Your Fiancee Is Uncircumcized; Will You Still Marry Him???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.