Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,624 members, 7,844,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness (15314 Views)

Fear Grips Permanent Secretaries And Directors Over Budget-Padding Probe / Fear Grips Politicians As Buhari Vows To Clean NNPC “mess” / Fayose Begs For Forgiveness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by snowdrops(m): 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Yes.

But I believe the supernatural is controlled by supernatural beings, and not by mere mortals like you and I. The Oba of Benin is just a human being, hence a mere mortal.

Yes, just as I believe in:
1. + and -
2. North pole and south pole
3. Electrons (-) and protons (+)

etc.

I believe in the New Testament and in Christ. The Messiah was God in human form, hence making Him an immortal. Jesus Christ was not bound by the restrictions mere mortals like you and I, or the Oba of Benin are bound to. This is the reason He was able to beat death and resurrect in glory to save mankind. I am a Christian and so was Queen Victoria, Queen of England, whose naval squadrons defeated the non-Christian Oba of Benin.
You make no point here. God is the Almighty. No restrictions apply to Him. The Oba of Benin is mere human. What's your point in bringing God into this conversation? Are you somehow trying to compare the Oba of Benin to God?

It is only a foolish man that believes any juju can stop the high-velocity projectiles (aka bullets) from an AK-47 rifle.

Your knowledge of Nigeria's precolonial history is fuzzy at best. Benin was conquered in one week plus one day.

I'm a law-abiding citizen and have no business carry guns to commit any crime. Thank you.

[size=18pt]All juju claims are fraudulent![/size]

This typifies the problem with NL. You can never have a matured debate here without people becoming emotional and personal. I guess if this were to be a face to face discussion we would all be leaving NL with sour faces and jaws.

Even the holy bible acknowledges that there is a devil who even if his power is no where near that of the almightly is powerful, and has enormous influence on his followers.

Your belief in juju is immaterial. It does not erase its existence. FACT.

Like i was saying, the initial expendition of 11 Brits and their 400 itsekiri slaves were ambused and destroyed in December of 1896. The reinforced team is what you are referring to. I guess there lies your confusion.

The second team took Bini by surprise unlike the first that had announced their coming. The Oba had banned them from coming to Bini at the time as it coincided with the Igue festival during which visitors are forbidden from entering the palace. They refused to heed the advice and came armed. They never contemplated the level of resistance they saw. That included Captain Philip.

He was ambused on his way from Sapele at Oghoton by a batallion from Benin led by Asoro.

Richy, i dont know what tribe you belong to. But Benin history is clearly not one of your strong points.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Yoighaman(m): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Rastamann: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
Please LET's use this for the Politicians AS WELL !

I concor 100%.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by SLIGHT(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
So they've finally remembered juju after all all dis while. Do u think juju can stop the ferociousness of the robbers?Nah, When evil jam evil they shake hands and go. I'd love to c d curses having effects on the robbers when they rob those laying curses. Pragmatic steps are taken to deal with robbery and kidnap throughout the world these ppl are here laying curses on armed robbers,while the bigger criminals plundering them [politicians] are left out. Like i said earlier on i'd love to see how this system works out!
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Yoighaman(m): 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
i wont be surprised to hear that these folks came out ranting and chanting because one of theirs was 'hit' by the criminals.

Richyblack- i admire ur display of knowledge on this particular issue; im feeling you dude, please ride on
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by blacksta(m): 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
Richy - God bless you - Juju doesnt work it is all an illusion or mind games?
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by suedoh2006(m): 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
There is power in Juju but the differences between Bible and Juju is, Bible gives you time to repent but juju is immediate which means eye for eye.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by suedoh2006(m): 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2010
Look people God created light and darkness there's is power in JUJu even if you don't believe it.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
@RichyBlacK

You have just expressed a rare psychosomatic condition which allows the sufferer to validate two directly opposing conceptually contradictory beliefs within a singular space and time.

It is like saying God and Satan in one breath!  grin I truly admire your keen sense of disorientation only two kinds of living things are capable of such a feat.
1: Politicians
2: Clinically Insane

Well done bros
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2010
thats why edo state is still ancient grin grin.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by wazobiang: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
i hope the juju thing will work. but does that mean that the robbers will now relocate to other parts of the country. abeg no!
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by CarlosVent(m): 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
HABA .
SO DEM DEY FEAR SEF
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by abhosts(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
Threat of Curses has never eradicated any societal vice before in the history of mankind. Only viewers of Cartoon Network will believe that it would work in Benin.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Ranoscky(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin  LWKMD. I just dunno if to post a comment on this topic or just keep laughing at other peoples post.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by tefund(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
Good job, edo people
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by tlops(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
ido gate
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Kgdavid(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
so when they swarmed the palace why could the police not also swarm the palace, arrest them and let them swarm some cells?
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by redsun(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Yes.

But I believe the supernatural is controlled by supernatural beings, and not by mere mortals like you and I. The Oba of Benin is just a human being, hence a mere mortal.

Yes, just as I believe in:
1. + and -
2. North pole and south pole
3. Electrons (-) and protons (+)

etc.

I believe in the New Testament and in Christ. The Messiah was God in human form, hence making Him an immortal. Jesus Christ was not bound by the restrictions mere mortals like you and I, or the Oba of Benin are bound to. This is the reason He was able to beat death and resurrect in glory to save mankind. I am a Christian and so was Queen Victoria, Queen of England, whose naval squadrons defeated the non-Christian Oba of Benin.
You make no point here. God is the Almighty. No restrictions apply to Him. The Oba of Benin is mere human. What's your point in bringing God into this conversation? Are you somehow trying to compare the Oba of Benin to God?

I think you are getting it all mixed up here you know.If you believe that the christian god is supreme and real while the juju is fake and unreal,then i think you are confuse too.

For you to make sense of the whole delusion,you don't have to believe either.Beliefs in illusion are just the creations and imaginations of man that helps to chart,control and manipulate human  endeavours in the absence of practical reasoning and reality.it is a way of life that is only real in the minds of the believers.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Ibomade1: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
Thieving bastards self dey fear fear shocked shocked shocked
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by redsun(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
It takes a fool to be a thief.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by touchmeder: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2010
This juju process appears to be selective
sha i recall just before i finally left benin when one time Oba Market got burnt and some thieves went there and broke into stores and stole stuff
i hear they also swore for them at the palace or something and afterwards alot of thieving folks threw stuffs over the palace walls lol lol lol lol
fear catch them now
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by hectorswag(m): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
hmmm undecided
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by hectorswag(m): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2010
what a story! grin
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by mamagee3(f): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
I thought this thread was long dead. embarassed
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Greycells(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
Sorry it is not dead. Will around for more than u expect.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by chinkelly(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
mama-gee:

@mama gee, this topic is barely 2days old, how can it be dead. angry
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by SapeleGuy: 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2010
The term Juju has its etymology in the french word 'joujou' which literally means plaything or toy. As you can see the term was a successful attempt to ridicule African belief systems. Sadly, the usual suspects are here writing nonsense.

Needless to say that True Africans reject the term juju in its entirety.

All empires are eventually defeated (if you come from a place where there has never been an empire or history I can see how you might have difficulty with this point), it's like gravitational pull.

Having said that, what does military defeat have to do with religion?

Try and google imprecatory curses in the bible and see what comes up.  Jesus used imprecatory curses. This is exactly what our Great Oba has done, unfortunately some of you are uncomfortable with anything African.

One after the other, we will expose the half truths and lies from the half educated and uneducated.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
mama-gee:

the first thread was before the curse ceremony while this one is the outcome of the curse wink
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by shotster50(m): 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
Am not being cynical or anything but lets just wait and see how long this juju thing will last, till we hear of another robbery / kidnapping incident in Benin.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by maedan(f): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
Lol @ those asking why the juju wasn't also used for the ailing sports and the fraudulent politicians. Is that the issue before us??!
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by bgees(m): 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
blacksta:

Richy - God bless you - Juju doesnt work it is all an illusion or mind games?

I have seen juju in action, and it works.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by SLIGHT(m): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
maedan:

Lol @ those asking why the juju wasn't also used for the ailing sports and the fraudulent politicians. Is that the issue before us??!
my dear those fraudulent politicians are worse than d issue b4 us so don blame them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Card Reader Fails To Clear Soludo (Video) / Gunmen Attack Security Operatives, Set Customs Van Ablaze In Delta / Naira Under Pressure, Nigeria May Seek Dollar Loan – IMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.