Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,171 members, 7,842,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness (15310 Views)

Fear Grips Permanent Secretaries And Directors Over Budget-Padding Probe / Fear Grips Politicians As Buhari Vows To Clean NNPC “mess” / Fayose Begs For Forgiveness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by snowdrops(m): 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Richyblack, the term juju as far as I am concerned is and always was intended as an insult to Africa and its religions. Since we are in agreement that juju is not a religion, perhaps we should have corrected the opening poster on this misnomer.

What you have gone on to list here is sensationalist and in hindsight more appropriate to the Okija or the long juju shrine in Arochukwu. Do some research on the Arousa Cathedral in the Ancient city of Benin.

Born again variants of Christianity have 419 pastors, sexual predators and other miscreants as ambassadors. They perform dodgy 'miracles' in football stadia, collect tithes by the millions and engage in all sorts of rituals in the name of deliverance and miracles, why have you not deemed it fit to criticise them.

Another thing that we will agree on is that we fight not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities. The Oba recognises this and has taken appropriate action.  It is ironic that not even the leader of your church has faulted the action of the Oba, could it be that in their quest for tithes, they are no longer interested doing the right thing.

There lies the confusion of Mr Richy all through this thread. He obviously is no Benin and the little knowledge he has of the vity and its inhabitants is research on the internet and second hand information.

No surprise therefore at his fundamentally flawed opinions on this debate.

He has ben desperately hanging on to an imaginary point of view. To the uninformed it seems perfectly logical, but to those who have lived all their lives in this interesting city its a different matter all together.

Again the issue here is not even effectiveness or not of "juju" but an amazing and positive turn around of events in the wake of endemic crime rate in Benin
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by redsun(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Of course Christianity is different from juju.

For example, Christians do not make ludicrous claims like "if you read Psalm 119 finish, if dem shoot your gun the bullet no go enter".

As regards stories in the Bible, as a Christian, I believe them by faith. See definition of faith in my previous post.

Thank you.

[img]http://www.dailypictures.info/free-pictures/5778/The-Pope-Mobile-jpg[/img]

I am surprise you haven't heard of some modern day american christians that gamble with their lives by treading and dicing with venomous snakes,like diamond back rattlers,cobras and even the notorious black mambers in the name of jesus.

And for clarification purpose,how is faith in the sense of juju different from faith in christianity?
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by eridah2007(m): 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
Ehenn!!
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Everfrank(m): 1:27am On Jun 22, 2010
Thats a good one! So effective, though superstitious.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by Hussain555(m): 12:48am On Oct 04, 2010
does it really matter what method used to nab the culprits?
isn`t the result the main concern?
i don`t think method matters, just get d job done,
shikena
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by ceasyc(f): 6:34am On Oct 10, 2010
@topic/op - this is a big lie oh. i hear say dem still dey kidnap people daily
i heard dey kidnapped 1 "big" man (name witheld) and dey told him to call d oba to tell him that even after d juju or wotever dey did he has been kidnapped
shocked shocked shocked

my mom's friend's hubby was kidnapped last week in benin. dey paid n he was released a few days later. i even heard dat dey have a list of names of people dey want or intend to kidnap n dey cross out d names of thos dem don already kidnap = SCARY

i dont get dis wicked act of making money, some ppl died during d process (i heard its mostly cos of health issues or health complications) and some ppl paid thru their anus heavy cash. how many ppl come remain wey dem neva kidnap? dem devilish arseholes r making cursed loads of money.

D AUTHORITIES/LAW MAKERS R JUST LOOKING ON N DOING NOTHING. GOD DEY!
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by bafor: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
So dem dey fear grin The oba should extend this scheme to our politicians starting from ASO ROCK shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness by comnsense: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2012
RichyBlacK:

Of course Christianity is different from juju.

For example, Christians do not make ludicrous claims like "if you read Psalm 119 finish, if dem shoot your gun the bullet no go enter".

Even the Pope, the Vicar of Christ, acknowledges the physical fact of the enormous kinetic energy in a 200g bullet traveling at the speed of sound and drives in a Pope Mobile - a custom-made bulletproof vehicle. Especially after Mehmet Ali Ağca's May 13, 1981 attempted assassination of the Pope.

As regards stories in the Bible, as a Christian, I believe them by faith. See definition of faith in my previous post.

Thank you.

[img]http://www.dailypictures.info/free-pictures/5778/The-Pope-Mobile-jpg[/img]

Ah man, never read; 'You will pick up snakes, drink poison and not be harmed, speak in tongues, cast out devils' - promises of Jesus to his followers? Hell, a lot of christians literally believe this and even try it out. Don't you believe in all the miracles of Jesus both the ones he did and the ones surrounding his birth? If you do, you BELIEVE IN JUJU. Only, it is the White man's and Jewish juju that they have termed 'Miracle'. I don't believe in any kind of juju, white or black. But don't come here and say you don't believe in Nigerian black magic or juju but you believe in the bible because that's plain ignorant. Juju na Juju!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambode Visits Ayinke House (Maternity Hospital )Project at Ikeja Lagos (PHOTOS) / El-rufai, Deputy Organize Crowd To Pray For Buhari In Kaduna [PHOTOS] / Offa Robbery: Court Stops Police From Arresting, Questioning Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.