Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage (111526 Views)

RE: We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2018
She took it too far. Traditional marriage is marriage. The rites have been done. Families have agreed...what is left?

And why make the white 6months after especially with the no sex thing? So they will live together for 6months and not have sex. They should've jist done everything the same day, white the next day or latest, a week after.

She used the guy to pay for her ex's sins.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by bonnyhope: 9:04am On Sep 09, 2018
I hardly believe in this kind of story if not why would a full grown up adult who has had her traditional marriage would still denied her husband sex....when your bride price has been paid and you have blessings from both parents.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by seunmsg(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2018
lastclaire4:

Hmmm I didn't see that clearly. My version says

"if anyone is is worried that he mightening not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if hiso passions are too stronfar and he feels he ought to marry, he should do so as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married"

From this passage I am not sure you can do as you want. The passage says they should get married.

Go and read a better version my friend and read from the beggining of the chapter to get good understanding of what Apostle Paul was talking about. It is not a sin to sleep with a lady one is bethroded to in as much as the lady is not a minor. Also, try and understand old Jewish practise of bethroding girls to men for marriage from their young age. It is not so difficult to understand.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by vicardino(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2018
This piece was posted here on April 18 nah. All these lie lie posts self. Keep fucking nah since you already don Bleep your sense away.

https://www.nairaland.com/4458576/how-no-sex-before-marriage

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Sadiyaene(f): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2018
I enjoyed reading this.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Jammiedammyboi: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:

Lmfao, marry your pastor na. Shebi he's the head of your marriage. Since you don't know traditional marriage is our own marriage and white wedding was copied from Europe.
dnt mind the idiot ...as for me any attempt for a lady to refuse sex from me after too much pleading will b gone forever
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Digitalwitch: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2018
safarigirl:
why not?

My parents never had a church wedding, their court wedding came ten years after their traditional marriage and by then they had 3 kids. White wedding is overrated, it's only purpose is to wear white dress and snap fancy pictures in fancy places
Wow! I never knew we still have ladies that think this way shocked. Good job
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2018
Your stubbornness destroyed your marriage. Nm if Martins had finally married u he would have have suffered in your hands. Luckyvhim. He made the right decision. It's high time we realised our traditional marriage surpasses that of the so called white wedding. Or is it that we should change the name Traditional wedding to Black wedding so ppl can understand better?

2 Likes

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by noruwasman(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2018
Twoclans:
While reading that epistle ,only martinO kept coming to my mind in place of the martin in the story, biko OP is the martin in the story a nairalander lipsrsealed

your obsession for MartinO no get rival. me; hoping soon or earlier, bell rings make we see news like beautiful photos of two nairalanders (twoclans wed martinO)

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Henjor48(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2018
When OP attended Martins wedding, she was like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Twoclans(f): 9:38am On Sep 09, 2018
noruwasman:

your obsession for MartinO no get rival. me; hoping soon or earlier, bell rings make we see news like beautiful photos of two nairalanders (twoclans wed martinO)

So much wisdom in your post grin, martin0 come let me toast you. Wedding bells must ring by December. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Modarun(m): 9:38am On Sep 09, 2018
the most stupid mindset in the whole of planet earth. Where is it in the Bible did you see White or Church wedding? The only wedding recognized in the Bible is the one where both Families and friends meet and agree on payment of dowry, since Church weddings dnt involve dowries it means its the traditional wedding that is accepted by God. After that you can bleep away, never allow any ignorant pastor should decieve you.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Jacqueline22(f): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

come twoclans, Jacqueline22 chineloSA I here by join una as friendsgrin

una dey always make me laugh everytime wey I see una commentgrin

again e get one babe wey dey always from back door view comments, she know herself amongst unagrin nor dey hide again oo coz I dey check everybody profile anytime I enter this forumgrin

Martin0 abeg d write up too long
And I Dey hungry mk I no go use my last power read am. Brb mk I eat first, sleep brb
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by noruwasman(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2018
Twoclans:

So much wisdom in your post grin, martin0 come let me toast you. Wedding bells must ring by December. tongue

oh Lord, let your daughter's request be granted Amen. MartinO oya if na man you be come do the needful sharp sharp! we are waiting and heaven knows we are waiting .......

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by chasteman(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2018
Both of u lack understanding and you as a woman u took it too far no sex no marriage didn't work for some and it does for some that's irony of life my dear Martin is not ur husband to be, so don't regret it God only punish u for giveaway you've done in the past. Your husband is waiting for u

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2018
Wagasigiungu:
What am I reading on here?!!! This thread is trying to justify sex b4 marriage for some couples. Y'all are just blaming the lady, while forgetting the man is also blameworthy. I think she is better off without him jor. Y'all didn't notice the derogatory words used by the man and the fact he repeatedly tried to rape her.

Who does that? In addition he is a weakling who can't control his sexual desires and also an alcoholic who turns to the bottle to drown his sorrows. Who wants such a man for a husband?

Sex before marriage? So traditional marriage is what?
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by xest(m): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2018
The only recognized weddings in Nigeria are traditional and customary. White is not necessary neither is it compulsory.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by chineloSA(f): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

come twoclans, Jacqueline22 chineloSA I here by join una as friendsgrin

una dey always make me laugh everytime wey I see una commentgrin

again e get one babe wey dey always from back door view comments, she know herself amongst unagrin nor dey hide again oo coz I dey check everybody profile anytime I enter this forumgrin

You disturbed my beauty sleep just to tell us this angry sad

Martiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!!!!!! Which one na back door viewer
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2018
its not true its just a story...nice piece @OP....but ladies should learn from this....guys too...

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by chineloSA(f): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

gbamgrin chinelo chinelogrin for this comment you go born six children once! Amen!

Martin. Amen. My ancestors will be happy with me. I wanna contribute the whole village to my people.

In fact I want to have 16 children. wink
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by chineloSA(f): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2018
Martin0:

gbamgrin chinelo chinelogrin for this comment you go born six children once! Amen!

No religion should be above one's culture.

In fact there in NO marriage before meeting the parents of the bride and paying dowry. That's bringing two families together. It's more important than talking to your big headed pastor.

After paying dowry, I don't know why people get it wrong and put religion before their traditional weddings when tradition was the initializer of all things.
Nothing can be done before dowry ( culture)
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Adbiz(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2018
ola12:

Asin ehn, if you see d way I jump and pass. No b me abeg, school materials wey I don read don do for 2day

Dude you almost knock me out with your comment..

I almost asked for the summary but i knew no one here will tell me...

Btw

As for me i dont think i need any pastor's inpute in my marriage. After the tradition, we head straight to the court for certification.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by chigoizie7(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2018
wait a minute, that traditional marriage is not the real marriage?

we have lost it, the white culture has so brainwashed us that our local names had no meaning else we attach a foreign one to it.

a pastor blessed ur marriage during the traditional wedding, what else is there to bless again?

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by mathy2p2: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2018
Wait make a post another rubbish

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2018
ultimate77:
Who wrote this story again?
ok, tell the person its all lies. pictures or we will not believe it.
in short, i cant take this rubbish from you oP. just come and apologie.

Nigga... here it was a catholic church and the Bolded was in charge.

when did catholic church start having pastors? Niggga stop this trash make thunder no locate you o.
exactly.. fabricated story
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by QuickStandard: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2018
Whoaa!!!

Haven't been this speechless before.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2018
No man burn of a woman can tell me not to have sex with a man thy has paid my bride price. I will slow the stupidity out of him. Rubbish embarassed

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2018
dingbang:
Actually, some ladies take this no sex before marriage nonsense too far. Ask Linda ikeji, she will tell you. Its just bullshitt. You can't be telling lies, deceiving people and yet now be forming celibate all in the name of marriage. Who are you deceiving?

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first
grin grin grin Gbammm grin grin grin

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by otabuko(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2018
CSTR1005:
You didn't know you were already married after the traditional wedding.?
That is what God recognize for Christ sakes undecided

It was not "no sex before marriage "that killed your marriage.

It was not knowing that you were already married that killed your marriage.
no oh! It was stupidity that killed the marriage.
Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Kingjames(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2018
interesting

A lot of things started running through my head. Hey, I wasn’t a nun. I’ve had sex before and kisses this intense usually lead to sex. I remember grabbing him intensely like my whole life depended on him. I was shaking. I wanted something more than the kiss but I held on. He was gentle. The farthest he could go was to hold my head in between his palms, look me in the eyes and kissed intensely. I couldn’t breathe. I gathered the little strength in me and pulled away. I was panting like I’ve been running around for hours. The next words that came out were; “No more kisses until marriage. I mean it.

1 Like

Re: We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage by Walterhen1960: 11:53am On Sep 09, 2018
you r one of the follower of ''judas goat" called pastor or G.o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Husband Passed Me Around Like A Sex-Toy! A Lady Narrates... / Girl Rubs Boyfriend's Sperm On Her Face. See Reason / How Did You Find Out That You're Being Cheated On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.