Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,049 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' (31429 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by michaelbiz: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
bonechamberlain:
did the umpire tell her he made whatever change of judgement because she is a woman. she was speaking based on emotions

There is a level of understanding you should have about any competition:

Talk C.Ronaldo, L.Messi, and any other star player, there's an aura of respect for a champ.
Even when emotions go hot, you cannot just give any of these guys a Red Card just like that.

When, you hear her (Serena) saying "You know me...", it has gotten to the height of disrespect, so why should you do this kind of thing to me - knowing that the service was mine, you gave it to Osaka! because you CLAIMED I was getting coaching by the sidelines!

That's like way, way too high disrespect.
The guy will still apologize later, but the whole thing was to make Osaka "look" like the better player, (she was, actually but not by the umprie adding disrespect to Serena)!
They just did MK-Ultra (mind control) for Serena.
Period!

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by ekestic1976(f): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
[quote author=1zynnvn post=71045386]Who is he I mean the Serena williams. [/quote

I wonder why you think it's OK to express your DUMBNESS here?

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by AZeD1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
bonechamberlain:
is Osaka a man? its just like saying a refree in a football match gave a player a red card in a match and in another match of similar offence he gave another player a yellow card. its at the discretion of the refree or umpire to issue whatever warning he deems fit.

1) The fact that you are asking if Osaka is a man show's how clueless you are.
2) It is not at the discretion of the umpire to issue warnings. There are rules and the rules should apply to everyone equally.

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by bonechamberlain(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
michaelbiz:

There is a level of understanding you should have about any competition:

Talk C.Ronaldo, L.Messi, and any other star player, there's an aura of respect for a champ.
Even when emotions go hot, you cannot just give any of these guys a Red Card just like that.

When, you hear her (Serena) saying "You know me...", it has gotten to the height of disrespect, so why should you do this kind of thing to me - knowing that the service was mine, you gave it to Osaka! because you CLAIMED I was getting coaching by the sidelines!

That's like way, way too high disrespect.
The guy will still apologize later, but the whole thing was to make Osaka "look" like the better player, (she was, actually but not by the umprie adding disrespect to Serena)!
They just did MK-Ultra (mind control) for Serena.
Period!

so she deserved whatever she got?
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by OboOlora(f): 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Sexism would be a bit difficult to stick, she should have tried racism. Dumb clown.

It was the referee that helped you smash your racket on the floor.

She's claiming she was victimised cos she's a lady. The small girl that beat her is male, abi?
Nonsense and ingredients.

Serena should retire, she's making a global mockery of her legacy and is constituting a nuisance.
Truer words have never been spoken!
Some people would never retire when the ovation is loudest, they must be ridiculed and forfeit all old glory.
Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by michaelbiz: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
bonechamberlain:
so she deserved whatever she got?

Serena lost. And she's not arguing about the loss. The disrespect was 'sexist' in nature. That's the matter.
No champ deserves to be treated to the point of getting her angry on a big game.
MK Ultra did the job, bro. cheesy
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by akiOYIBO: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Sexism would be a bit difficult to stick, she should have tried racism. Dumb clown.

She's claiming she was victimised cos she's a lady. The small girl that beat her is male, abi?

Serena should retire, she's making a global mockery of her legacy and is constituting a nuisance.

"Making a mockery of her legacy and constituting a nuisance", just for this? Are u with ur left brain?

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by bonechamberlain(m): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
AZeD1:

1) The fact that you are asking if Osaka is a man show's how clueless you are.
2) It is not at the discretion of the umpire to issue warnings. There are rules and the rules should apply to everyone equally.
I knew u would surely follow the insult line, I would not follow u to the mud.

whose discretion is it to issue warnings, what rule did the umpire break.

2 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by gare(f): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
AZeD1:

Serena is greatest tennis player ever, she cannot be "disgraced" out.

I AGREE WITH YOU, BUT HE REACTION IN THIS LAST TOURNAMENT IS A RESULT OF FRUSTRATION, WHICH WILL LEAD TO LACK OF CONFIDENCE, THAT IS HOW IT STARTS, SHE HAS WON IT ALL, I SUGGEST THE BEST TIME TO QUIT THE STAGE IS WHEN THE OVATION IS LOUDEST

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Gerrard59(m): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
She did not play against a man. Using the analogy of men getting away with such attitude doesn't hold water. Was Ramos the ref then? Which men? What grand slams? Did Ramos penalise her for offences outside the rules? That other men may have gotten away with it doesn't mean she should. But using a point as "sexism" when she played against a female is wrong. I'm sure if it were a female ref, she'd have not done same excuse. We're even lucky she has not used racism which will not work as Osaka can be said to be a minority (Asian not white)So her point of sexism doesn't count. Now, I understand Sagamite's issue against feminism

Too much emotions. Kudos to Osaka.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Gerrard59(m): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
michaelbiz:

Serena lost. And she's not arguing about the loss. The disrespect was 'sexist' in nature. That's the matter.
No champ deserves to be treated to the point of getting her angry on a big game.

Kindly explain how the decision (not disrespect) was "sexist"?

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by bonechamberlain(m): 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
michaelbiz:

of getting her angry, this ur line is funny. she should learn to control her emotions. not all refs or umpire gives a damn about who u are. the umpire followed the rules and stuck to it.

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Hotfreeze: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
kunle75:

I hope she doesn't end up like zinedine zidane

Zidane isn't really doing bad. Just that he's now a pariah among other players.
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by paulbushman: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
Another Ramos again. Smh. Callous Ramos angry
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Hotfreeze: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
akiOYIBO:

"Making a mockery of her legacy and constituting a nuisance", just for this? Are u with ur left brain?

Ask your father if he's with his left brain.

All these dumb clowns typing nonsense online.
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by franchasng: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Black women are sometimes disgusting, gosh angry

When they want the world to favor them and help them achieve their selfish goals, they remember feminism to attract pity and support from fellow gullible black women, na wa o

4 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hotfreeze:

I wonder oo! she lost to a young Girl and that she can not Handle. Instead she cries like a big baby, she should just Retire as you have quite Rightly ve asserted.

There is a new kid on the block.

4 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by AZeD1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
bonechamberlain:
I knew u would surely follow the insult line, I would not follow u to the mud.

whose discretion is it to issue warnings, what rule did the umpire break.
1) Calling someone clueless is not an insult.
2) There are guidelines to issue warnings. It's not at the umpire's discretion.
3) The umpire docked Serena a game for her calling him a thief and demanding an apology from him. This same umpire has been called far worse by Male players and he didn't dock them.

The question is why is it ok for men to say terrible things to the umpire but women are punished for saying less terrible things?

If that's not sexism then what is it?
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by 7GaLaXy7(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
I.... I...

I don't know wetin to say.
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hotfreeze:

she wont and there is nothing you can do about it.. Your fellow politicians in their 70s haven't and are ready to die on the seat they occupy if possible.. Wait for something that wont happen.
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
Williams is such a sore loser, now she's trying to play the victim card by bringing her feminist idiotic agenda typical of most US citizens.

Osaka,N who trashed her was calm and composed, even when serena fans made it uncomfortable for her to play, yet she was serene and won in grand style.

Stop being a b*tch Serena, you lost the game, not because of the umpire but because Osaka is a better player.

3 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
[quote author=ekestic1976 post=71046181][/quote] I think it's okay, because every opinion is wellcomed on here, however dumb they may sound to you. grin

Same way your dumb opinion is also wellcomed. tongue
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Sanchez01: 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
I saw the game LIVE and was rather angry as to why she hasn't retired. Her life is perfect but then there is a limit to everything. Federer was beaten days ago by Millman and the replay was what happened with Serena Williams at the early hours of today. She was beaten squarely and rather than be a good sportsman by accepting defeat, the unfortunate umpire who happens to be a male took the fall.

Na wa

6 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by kongolo(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fitbillionairep:

her coach bleeped her?
I swear you dey craze grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
She couldn't Handle defeat so she cried sexism. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Horus(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILrXggTjpQ

Serena Williams Has a Meltdown with Umpire at the US Open
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
undecided
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
In any game or feat, black would always be black. What a pity lipsrsealed Does it mean we can't set a good precedence for others? Her recent outbursts are aptly revealing who she truly is. If care isn't taken, she could lose the respect and fame it's taken her years of handwork to garner. Steph Graff, one of the global tennis best wasn't this rude in her own time. The little Osaka beat serena and that's the truth. After all, Serena too had beaten several of her older mates as a young player and those beaten didn't react in any way. Somebody once told me Serena is disrespectful and arrogant. Now, I'm seeing it all coming.

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by bonechamberlain(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
AZeD1:

1) Calling someone clueless is not an insult.
2) There are guidelines to issue warnings. It's not at the umpire's discretion.
3) The umpire docked Serena a game for her calling him a thief and demanding an apology from him. This same umpire has been called far worse by Male players and he didn't dock them.

The question is why is it ok for men to say terrible things to the umpire but women are punished for saying less terrible things?

If that's not sexism then what is it?
na wa o. who should issue the warning. her coach was going against the rules she was sanctioned, she hit her bat on the floor she was sanctioned, she called the umpire a thief and asked him to apologize, for what. for following the rules, is Serena too big for the rules if she is then she should resign.
the question should be did the umpire follow the rules which is yes (if u understand tennis rules).
players get away with some critical decisions every time and some don't get away. even in football in all sport. this same Serena has gotten away with some faulty decision in the past.

her coach has admitted that he cheated so what are u defending. she should apologize to Osaka for taking away her shine with irrelevant controversy.

2 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Hotfreeze: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2018
IJEYdiamond:

she wont and there is nothing you can do about it.. Your fellow politicians in their 70s haven't and are ready to die on the seat they occupy if possible.. Wait for something that wont happen.

Please, what concerns politicians in this matter?
What kind of frustration is worrying this one?

Oh, I understand your frustration. You didn't have light to watch the match. grin

2 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Adakintroy: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2018
I do not support sexist remarks. We are all equals as for as to our natural abilities can carry. Hence our favoring of capitalist system.

But i respect serana, she has done great for the sport. A source of great pride to blacks and women in general.

What I think was that she is trying to show us her integrity in the sport. Her years of service and honesty. Such a cheating decision can easily tarnish her reputation. It's not about the points deducted. She can easily have gone on to loose that game anyway. But to assume she cheats is what she is fighting against maybe.

Like I said it may not be about a single game but her whole life's work. It's not fair. This is were i stand with her. She should have been giving the benefit of doubt.

We cannot always fight people's after thoughts on issues. Whatever reasons people choose to justify their unfair treatment is not important. Just try not to treat them unfairly first.

You can't slap me and tell me how to react.

Respect her contribution to the sport. Don't tarnish her image. She is almost rounding up anyway.

2 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Sexyolori(f): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hotfreeze:

just shut up abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker / Alex Iwobi Shares Throwback Photos Of His Family / #10YearsChallenge: Chichi Igbo Shares Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.