Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' (31431 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Chief, you no know wetin happen? She no know say that small girl go beat am and she doesn't know how to channel her frustration.

Lol
E fit be Ooo my guy
And the Umpire certainly did not help
Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Sagamite(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gerrard59:
She did not play against a man. Using the analogy of men getting away with such attitude doesn't hold water. Was Ramos the ref then? Which men? What grand slams? Did Ramos penalise her for offences outside the rules? That other men may have gotten away with it doesn't mean she should. But using a point as "sexism" when she played against a female is wrong. I'm sure if it were a female ref, she'd have not done same excuse. We're even lucky she has not used racism which will not work as Osaka can be said to be a minority (Asian not white)So her point of sexism doesn't count. Now, I understand Sagamite's issue against feminism

Too much emotions. Kudos to Osaka.

Abi o!

I have so much deep hatred for the feminist movement now, it is beyond belief.

It is now a movement based on the hatred or attempt to intimidate men as I have been hinting it was turning to. It is encouraging, promoting and justifying hatred of men.

An example occurred recently during the Celebrity Big Brother in the UK when some c**t called Roxanne Pallett felt so power-drunk, she arbitrarily decided she should use her "Victim Power" to destroy a man's life.

Another, in the same week, is how some c**t feminists led by an MP is advocating to put into UK law that if a man wolf-whistles a woman in the UK, he should be arrested for misogyny. And no man has the balls in the parliament to stand up to these c**ts!

Let those that have ears hear, there are many that are still living in denial that "That is not what feminism is about[i][/i]".

That is as stupid as KKK members claiming the KKK is not about hating black people.

I hate feminism, I hate feminists!

1 Like

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Gerrard59(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sagamite:

Abi o!

I have so much deep hatred for the feminist movement now, it is beyond belief.

It is now a movement based on the hatred or attempt to intimidate men as I have been hinting it was turning to. It is encouraging, promoting and justifying hatred of men.

An example occurred recently during the Celebrity Big Brother in the UK when some c**t called Roxanne Pallett felt so power-drunk, she arbitrarily decided she should use her "Victim Power" to destroy a man's life.

Another, in the same week, is how some c**t feminists led by an MP is advocating to put into UK law that if a man wolf-whistles a woman in the UK, he should be arrested for misogyny. And no man has the balls in the parliament to stand up to these c**ts!

Let those that have ears hear, there are many that are still living in denial that "That is not what feminism is about[i][/i]".

That is as stupid as KKK members claiming the KKK is not about hating black people.

I hate feminism, I hate feminists!

Saga is back! cheesy

Regarding feminism, truly, you are a great prognosticator with superb knowledge of tarotism.

BTW, why the on/off? For the bold, don't say it publicly, I don't want to read where you are shredded in Guardian UK. grin

Quick question: Has Saga married, yet? grin

3 Likes

Re: US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' by Sagamite(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2018
Gerrard59:

Saga is back! cheesy

Regarding feminism, truly, you are a great prognosticator with superb knowledge of tarotism.

BTW, why the on/off? For the bold, don't say it publicly, I don't want to read where you are shredded in Guardian UK. grin

Dem no born dem well on Guardian UK to try and debate such shit with me. Na humiliation I go give them. grin

As for 'on/off', I am not 'on/off' o. I am 'off' and only 'on' at the most limited.

Don't think it is a joke when I say I have a deep hatred for stupidity and stupid people. And since the foools running NL have decided that it is a site for foools, I have no impulse or desire to be on it.

Just visiting it and seeing the junk, fake news and clickbait nonsense on the FP is enough to make me always move to another site.

Then if you open any thread that looks intellectual and all you see is a bunch of hopeless, useless, stupid, dumb, cretinous and that are most likely kids; those that all they can contribute is some stupid picture meme accompanied by some dumb comment is all that is available to chat with, why the fck will I be here?

Gerrard59:

Quick question: Has Saga married, yet? grin

Olorun maje! undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/898069/how-first-year-marriage/12#71122291

As for the Serena case, let that biatch shut up. If she wants to fight for equal rights, she would not be collecting equal pay for doing less work. And worse still, the less work done is of lower value.

In the scenario she lost her rag on, did her coach give a coaching gesture?

Fcking yes, it was caught on camera.

Is he suppose to be giving it while she plays?

No, it is against the rules.

Did she see the coaching gesture?

It does not fcking matter, it should not be given in the first place.

Secondly, the coach would not be giving a sign gesture except he is sure she is seeing it.

So is the umpire within the rules and his right to penalise her?

Hell fcking yeah!

That is not racism or sexism.

Someone who has won everything and is repeatedly the highest paid female sports star for about a decade now, with most of her income coming from endorsements, should not be whining about racism and sexism.

The only valid point she had was the case of the other girl punished for changing her top on court. There was nothing wrong with that and it was double standards.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#10YearsChallenge: Chichi Igbo Shares Throwback Photo / Alex Iwobi Shares Throwback Photos Of His Family / Photos From Screening Of FC Barcelona Lagos Football School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.