Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436148 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Sathob,Captainus,GH,blakstar,hkth and all satmates from Ghana
I need a Fuji LNB for my 2.4 mesh dish.
check the satellite shop at A&C shopping mall, east legon or the other shop at north kaneshie. some few meters away from st. theresa's school. the fuji silver prime focus is GHC 50, the other type that looks like strong's lnb fr offset 90cm and 65cm is less than GHC 20, the twin lnb is arruond for the same type GHC 35.
My questions are
1.What is the difference in terms of quality and performance between stargold fuji lnb and the fuji silver prime focus lnb?(by the way the store at north kaneshie is intech and they do have the fuji silver prime focus lnb in stock)
2.What can you guys get in terms of fringe satellite reception with a 3.1m prime focus mesh strong satellite dish in Accra and with which particular lnb was this achieved with.
I live around mile 7-new Achimota in Accra.I have 5 dishes gearing for a 6th soon.My number is (+233)0241412320.Send me a text or call,lets meet and do satellites.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
nilesat users ,
orbit1 and 2 now available on 11374 H 27500 and some channels,trace tv ,food network,VH-1,music now,history channel,style network and series channel available on11411 H 27500
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
i observed some atlantic bird 4 , 7.2w signal are popping up on nilesat 7w 11374 H 27500,11411 h 27500,11432 v 27500 and 11449 h 27500
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
hkth:

@Blakstars, sathob, Captainus, GH

I need a Fuji LNB for my 2.4 mesh dish.
swordswifter:

@ Sathob,Captainus,GH,blakstar,hkth and all satmates from GhanaMy questions are
1.What is the difference in terms of quality and performance between stargold fuji lnb and the fuji silver prime focus lnb?(by the way the store at north kaneshie is intech and they do have the fuji silver prime focus lnb in stock)
2.What can you guys get in terms of fringe satellite reception with a 3.1m prime focus mesh strong satellite dish in Accra and with which particular lnb was this achieved with.
I live around mile 7-new Achimota in Accra.I have 5 dishes gearing for a 6th soon.My number is (+233)0241412320.Send me a text or call,lets meet and do satellites.
fuji prime focus lnb and stargold prime focus lnb does not work well on a mesh dish based on test done on a 2.4mtr mesh dish, and mesh dish does not perform well on a fringe reception, as per ku signal
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2010
Egyptian satellite operator Nilesat put into operation the first two DVB-S2 mux on a new telecommunications satellite, Nilesat 201 at the orbital position 7 Wed west. First muxy are used for pay services.

According to Web traffic Flysat.com in these frequencies:

* Nilesat 201 (7 ° W), freq 12.092 GHz, pol V, SR 27500, FEC 5 / 6, DVB-S2/QPSK

* Nilesat 201 (7 ° W), freq 12.111 GHz, pol H SR 27500, FEC 5 / 6, DVB-S2/QPSK

At both frequencies is a paid offer admc Sports (CA Irdeto 2).

It is running a test with multiple test:

* Nilesat 201 (7 ° W), freq 11.727 GHz, pol H SR 27500, FEC 3 / 4, DVB-S/QPSK

The signal from the transponder is not possible with the dimensions of the antenna, which was sufficient to receive signals from the Nilesat 101 and Nilesat 102nd

In the coming days, will replace older satellites Nilesat 201 Nilesat 101, which may impair the availability of programs for small parabolách unless additional correction coverage by satellite operators.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
@Nsq,thanx bro,it worked.I resucitated the dead decoder.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by captainus: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
@zabdulai
zabdulai:

Hi Captain US do u get the nss6 @57E-11066H2244?
As discussed i,ve tried it but couldn't nail it.lyngsat says that tp is for central asia

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bisi12004: 12:35am On Oct 02, 2010
Nsq:

@ilish you decoder is not dead, get a RS232 cable look for a working 69x and do a unit to unit transfer. You can also go to strong website an download d 69x software and an uploader also 4rm d site. Use d RS232 cable 2 upload d software u downloaded 4rm d site on to your decoder. Use generator 2 do this.
Pls,i also have a strong decoder dt refuse come up after upgrading it,d only thing i see was d flashing light in d front panel.These are my questions:
How can i get original rs232 cable and how to identify it.thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bisi12004: 12:39am On Oct 02, 2010
Nsq:

The first time i also try upgrading my decoder, i thought i had fried my decoder. I later discovered dat d 109 software i uploaded was either corrupt or bad. I later when and look 4 RS232 CABLE, i also downloade SRT SOFTWARE uploader 4rm strong site and i connecte my Pc and decoder using d rs232 cable and i uploaded d 110p software using d uploader and my decoder came up. That's all u need to do 4 your decoder to come up again.
Pls,i also have a strong decoder dt refuse come up after upgrading it,d only thing i see was d flashing light in d front panel.These are my questions:
How can i get original rs232 cable and how to identify it.thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2010
@George et al, pls i hv 69x in my parlour which i connected 3dishes to using disec. Now hw can i watch a different channel from my bedroom? Do i need another decoder or is there any solution? Pls reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2010
@George et al, pls i hv 69x in my parlour which i connected 3dishes to using disec. Now hw can i watch a different channel from my bedroom? Do i need another decoder or is there any solution? Pls reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2010
@ TOWNJUJU. Get another decoder to watch different channel.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2010
@all

plz wot types of tool kits do i need to obtain to tackle fta dish problem,fixings,maneuvers". e.t.c
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
Just log on to www.lyngsat.com for TPs and SR then maybe a compass if the need be
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sathob(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2010
@swordswifter
check this link for more info on star gold fuji lnb _http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475178.32.html

I have personally not used the said lnb. why don't you go for a solid pan if fringe reception is what you want to do? think about it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
What is happening to this etv frequency.Its been 2weeks that we have been watchng Mnet Action,Mzansi,Mstar,Blitz,Kowee, etc for free,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2010
@Sathob,
thanks for the link but i have been planning on getting the solid dish for ages here but haven't been able to get some on the market here.Most traders don't bring them in because of the prices and import duties usually placed on them.It's only the mesh which is common.Send me a text with where i can get a pan and i'll sure check it out.It might even help me if i get a pan installation contract.Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Benpete: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2010
This Biss code (8280) i try to input it in my strong 4663 it refuse to work 4 me to edit. Somebody educate me. My email benpete200@yahoo.ie. I have a reward 4 anyone. Its a promise
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Fred4life(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2010
Benpete:

This Biss code (8280) i try to input it in my strong 4663 it refuse to work 4 me to edit. Somebody educate me. My email benpete200@yahoo.ie. I have a reward 4 anyone. Its a promise
i hv sent it 2 yor mail.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rich8: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2010
asn v chelsea live
on fta hooooooooo?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 10:59am On Oct 03, 2010
Some people have ears but cannot hear, eyes but connot see.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2010
@Fred4life : pls kindly send me ur mail add segunod@hotmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2010
my brother,not that the decoder refused to open strong decoder have patches,you must open this patches b4 you enter any
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2010
swordswifter:

@Sathob,
thanks for the link but i have been planning on getting the solid dish for ages here but haven't been able to get some on the market here.Most traders don't bring them in because of the prices and import duties usually placed on them.It's only the mesh which is common.Send me a text with where i can get a pan and i'll sure check it out.It might even help me if i get a pan installation contract.Thanks

A friend of mine has 2 solid pans and ready to part with one. Let me know if you are interested. Meanwhile, I will check on the sizes. Not too sure if it is 2.4 or 3m
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2010
pls enter patches code 6969 to put the patch on b4 8280 to bring biss chart on.thank you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2010
@Salamander,
text me the details:age,make,size, and how much he would want to part with it.I'll find time within the week to come over and inspect it myself.Then we'll take it from there.By the way,thanks for the post.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2010
Have a question. Which is the best lnbf for nilesat. Invercom, inverto or fuji?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2010
gadotor:

pls enter patches code 6969 to put the patch on b4 8280 to bring biss chart on.thank you.

I beg I have entered the patches code 6969 but yet no show I you please tell me where to enter the biss code between the space of 1-40 that is available for the biss code cos I once had this issue with RDV on W4/W7 and some body explain how to enter the codes and it worked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nsq(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2010
@Bisi12004 just get d cable and connect your decoder and laptor or find someone wt a working decoder and do a unit to unit transfer and your decoder ll b up & running. No way to detemine if its original or not what i know is even if its china made, it will work
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2010
@Lov4sat: hit the 6969 activation key twice successively before entering the 8280 key that opens the BISS key menu. The rest is just filling in the keys as you have them. Hope it works.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2010
@all
i hate to do this but i can't help but say some peeps just don't have good reasoning.or how else do we explain the fact that the last 5 pages of this thread have been soiled with funny request & shameful display of what is quite 'illegal'.why then do we have the google group? or are we forgetting that this particular nairaland thread is one of the most monitored tv forum by paytv operators? my candid advice:: if olofofo hasn't granted your request into the g-group or you simply are not interested,be decent enough to pick up your phone & discuss these 'stuffs' off-air instead of littering this space like some desperate bunch of illiterates.if anyone feels offended by this piece,i 'm sorry to say i've no apologies!!!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.