Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (434652 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by chuk101(m): 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2010
Guys , good evening to u all , i had a terrible experience today, all my decoders, including my strong pvr, dual lnbs a tv set and ceiling fan were all struck by lightening today during the chelsea match, dem done spoil, but in all this i am still happy and grateful more than ever, Why , cause my Dad survived a lightening strike today and at the same instance without a scratch, abeg make una follow me thank the almighty God .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2010
Have a question. Which is the best lnbf for nilesat. Invercom, inverto or fuji?. A chap from Kenya recommended inverto lnbf to another chap, who then used it and gave testimony of signal improvement. Anyone to confirm or debunk this?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2010
whaT Is the frequency and symbol rate of this1music cos its not on lyngsat and flysat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dorg3: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2010
@fred4life
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Kungu(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

Have a question. Which is the best lnbf for nilesat. Invercom, inverto or fuji?
toba:

Have a question. Which is the best lnbf for nilesat. Invercom, inverto or fuji?. A chap from Kenya recommended inverto lnbf to another chap, who then used it and gave testimony of signal improvement. Anyone to confirm or debunk this?

Good afternoon Toba,

Test on Nilesat satellites using Inverto ultra black quad lnb, Invacom quad and fuji extreme gain lnb in Kenya.
The red balloon indicates my location in Kenya.

The best form the three Lnb,s is Inverto Ultra Black Lnb.

With the Inverto ultra black lnb, i was able to lock on most of the frequencies on Nilesat   using a  2.4 offset dish here in Kenya.
[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/normal/SSTU100307_Inverto-Black-Ultra-IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP-Quad-40mm-LNB-02-dB.jpg[/img] 

With the invacom lnb + its c 120 attachment i was only able to lock on  8 frequenies on Nilesat using a 2.4 prime focus Dish.
The Invacom lnb displayed below is meant for a prime focus satellite dish also know as pan satellite dish.
[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/klein/invacomqdf-031_Invacom-Universal-Quad-LNB-03dB-C120-Flange-QDF-031.jpg[/img] +[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/klein/invacomadf-120_Invacom-Adjustable-feed-horn-ADF-120.jpg
[/img] =

On the Fuji lnb i wasn't able to lock on any frequencies on nilesat either on my 2.4 offset or 2.4 prime focus.

So the best fringe satellite reception  lnb from my experience  is Inverto ultra Black quad  followed by Invacom quad and last but not least fuji extreme high gain lnb.
You can get more info on fringe satellite  from the  following link--- http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/fringe-reception-general/

Below is a snapshot of the nilesat channels that i have manged to capture in this neck of the woods.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ohikhena(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2010
@kungu,

Nice job there.We are following this development closely.

@FRED4LIFE

its either u have a problem with understanding written text or u just don't have regards 4 laid down rules.On several occasions u've been warned not to post keys on these thread and other threads on the child board but u still go ahead to do these.Guy wats ur problem!!!

U might have it in u to share information,which we all do appreciate but u are going about it the wrong way.There are other ways of sharing without posting these keys on the forum cos it illegal to do so.A word they say is enough 4 d wise.Guy follow the rules
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hopitinto(m): 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
@all hw much do dis BIG DISHES COST.IN nigeria tanks fibre or pan starting 4rm 2.4m cos i nid 2 hook up wit mbc 2.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
Kungu:

Good afternoon Toba,

Test on Nilesat satellites using Inverto ultra black quad lnb, Invacom quad and fuji extreme gain lnb in Kenya.
The red balloon indicates my location in Kenya.

The best form the three Lnb,s is Inverto Ultra Black Lnb.

With the Inverto ultra black lnb, i was able to lock on most of the frequencies on Nilesat   using a  2.4 offset dish here in Kenya.
[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/normal/SSTU100307_Inverto-Black-Ultra-IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP-Quad-40mm-LNB-02-dB.jpg[/img] 

With the invacom lnb + its c 120 attachment i was only able to lock on  8 frequenies on Nilesat using a 2.4 prime focus Dish.
The Invacom lnb displayed below is meant for a prime focus satellite dish also know as pan satellite dish.
[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/klein/invacomqdf-031_Invacom-Universal-Quad-LNB-03dB-C120-Flange-QDF-031.jpg[/img] +[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/klein/invacomadf-120_Invacom-Adjustable-feed-horn-ADF-120.jpg
[/img] =

On the Fuji lnb i wasn't able to lock on any frequencies on nilesat either on my 2.4 offset or 2.4 prime focus.

So the best fringe satellite reception  lnb from my experience  is Inverto ultra Black quad  followed by Invacom quad and last but not least fuji extreme high gain lnb.
You can get more info on fringe satellite  from the  following link--- http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/fringe-reception-general/

Below is a snapshot of the nilesat channels that i have manged to capture in this neck of the woods.

Wow, this is really fantanstic and educating. God bless u really Good. @kungu, u would recall u adviced a chap in tanzania to change to inverto ultra balck. The guy did and right there in tanzania that is below Nigeria in terms of nearness to Nilesat201 footprint, he got the full signal with 1.8metres dish. Im thinking that in Nigeria, someone like me in lagos should receive Nilesat 201 with 1.8m as well going by what the other chap said or what do u think?

Now over to other gurus like George and co. Let me here ur opinion on what kungu has said regarding the best type of LNbf for Nilesat. This is really interest and im enjoying this
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by AyotundeAA: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
@all
Am sorry for the diversion.
Please i just want 2 knw wether there is any means to unlock daar sat engine 4 it 2 be able 2 accept any card like strong engine;WITHOUT any damage or engine malfunction after the upgrade.
Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2010
chuk101:

Guys , good evening to u all , i had a terrible experience today, all my decoders, including my strong pvr, dual lnbs a tv set and ceiling fan were all struck by lightening today during the chelsea match, dem done spoil, but in all this i am still happy and grateful more than ever, Why , cause my Dad survived a lightening strike today and at the same instance without a scratch, abeg make una follow me thank the almighty God .

@chuk,
That was a lucky escape for you guys. I think we have entered the time of year once again when thunder and lightning are rampant. We all need to be extremely careful when there is rainfall and we are watching tv. The best practice is to always switch off your set and disconnect all your appliances until the rain subsides.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
TOWNJUJU:

@George et al, pls i hv 69x in my parlour which i connected 3dishes to using disec. Now hw can i watch a different channel from my bedroom? Do i need another decoder or is there any solution? Pls reply.

@TOWNJUJU,
You need three dual lnbs for the three dishes and two set of diseqc switches, one for the parlour and the other for the room, also two decoders to receive signal both for the parlour and the room.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

Now over to other gurus like George and co. Let me here your opinion on what kungu has said regarding the best type of LNbf for Nilesat. This is really interest and im enjoying this

@toba,
You been around this thread for a while now to know the best lnbs normally used for fringe reception.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
George_D:

@toba,
You been around this thread for a while now to know the best lnbs normally used for fringe reception.

yes i know its fuji,but the kenyan man gave his own experience. What do u see about that?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by 2legit2qt(m): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
chuk101:

Guys , good evening to u all , i had a terrible experience today, all my decoders, including my  strong pvr, dual lnbs  a tv set and ceiling fan  were  all struck  by lightening today during the chelsea match, dem done spoil, but in all this i am still  happy and grateful more than ever,  Why , cause my  Dad  survived a lightening strike today and at the same instance without a scratch, abeg make una follow me thank the almighty God .

I really thank God for you o cos that was a NEAR DEATH LUCKY ESCAPE.

@ALL
I think we all need to learn from this, we should be careful in this period of Rain. Like George_D said, we should just switch OFF our electrical appliances.

God bless us ALL.

@toba

Fuji LNB anyday, anytime, anywhere. But i'll still love to hear from Oga George sha.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by jujukemist(m): 12:09am On Oct 05, 2010
;Dmy God is theis the mini forum I used to know for its advanced men and analysis. grin in the year 2020 a once florishing online community became extinct as a result of a viral infection that wiped out members.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:27am On Oct 05, 2010
@ jujukemist. Where have you been hiding since all these millenia? From the space? We miss you die o! U see what this forum has turned 2? Only Oga George and few others have kept it from total wipe out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2010
@fred4life
pls send me details of biss codes i ve a 4653x decoder my email is enapo49@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
invacom,digisat are far better than fuji based on performance and signal strenght boost.Two of my ogas is having invacom but yet no story on nilesat 201 from there end.Note> invacom is the most expensive but fuji isnt bad either.

still waiting ,we are working on the bird.if any body is already with the bird in 9ja ,lets know ,from my end no green at all but i will keep trying till i nail it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
ASTRA 1G 31.5E IS TRACKABLE IN NIGERIA with this frequency 11817 v 27500 ONLY IF YOUR CAN UNDERSTAND TURKEY LANGUAGE
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
obnelly:

invacom,digisat are far better than fuji based on performance and signal strenght boost.Two of my ogas is having invacom but yet no story on nilesat 201 from there end.Note> invacom is the most expensive but fuji isnt bad either.

still waiting ,we are working on the bird.if any body is already with the bird in 9ja ,lets know ,from my end no green at all but i will keep trying till i nail it.

How much is the invacom? ar u in lagos? i am trying to see if i can get inverto black quad band for my 2.4m here in Lagos
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
toba:

yes i know its fuji,but the kenyan man gave his own experience. What do u see about that?

@toba,
You already know the answer to your question. Fuji, invacom, digisat, echosat are all very good
depending on your type of dish and installation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
jujukemist:

;Dmy God is theis the mini forum I used to know for its advanced men and analysis. grin in the year 2020 a once florishing online community became extinct as a result of a viral infection that wiped out members.

@jujukemist,
We all know where the viral infection came from. It came months ago wrapped in a small box with a large inscription called 'M'. There were two boxes actually. One was 'E' but the infection from that one quickly wore off and it became ineffective. But that of 'M' has proven to be a much more potent viral infection that has turned erstwhile active members into mere couch potatoes. It is an infection of complacency where members no longer bother visiting the forum since they have all they needed from a dedicated 90cm dish hooked permanently to w3a. This infection is a pointer to what havoc the dark side of fta can inflict on a thriving, vibrant FTA community! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
George_D:

@jujukemist,
We all know where the viral infection came from. It came months ago wrapped in a small box with a large inscription called 'M'. There were two boxes actually. One was 'E' but the infection from that one quickly wore off and it became ineffective. But that of 'M' has proven to be a much more potent viral infection that has turned erstwhile active members into mere couch potatoes. It is an infection of complacency where members no longer bother visiting the forum since they have all they needed from a dedicated 90cm dish hooked permanently to w3a. This infection is a pointer to what havoc the dark side of fta can inflict on a thriving, vibrant FTA community! grin

i beg to disagree with this analysis of yours.

the infection started right from the moment some of us started sparing the rod, why wont the child go naughty. there're some things that are needed to be discovered by the questionaire, but due to their propensity for comfort and laziness they don't want to do anything on their own. Ways are suppose to be shown, and not to be led on that path, so that our help will be appreciated.
Gone are the days where the zeal to carry our research was inherent in every novice on this thread, someone should try and ready earlier posts of some peeps here and they will be amazed the kind of knowledge they have amassed for themselves. In a setting where reading is not encourage, progress and success will be far from them.

To the reigning issue now,
is it because someone tested a particular lnb at a location and gives him a wonderful signal, thats what everyone is rushing to buy

have you taken into consideration the geographic location of that area, the weather condition at that point in time, the composition of the materials of the dish,

guys learn fast, stick to what works for you, and leave what works for others.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
George & enitan have both pointed out important issues affecting.
i remember when i first came to this forum,with a rush of blood,i wanted to know 'everything' at once.i got damning comments from some members who weren't too comfortable with my overzealousness,but i took those stuffs in my stride,made adjustments where necessary,took my time to research things instead of running here every second & with the help of some good members here,things were becoming clearer. Now,the point is, like george said,we can't simply abandon this thread because we feel less concerned about events on this thread or because of the infiltration by lazy newcomers. Either way,we should always remember we all had gained so much from this place.so no matter how busy or angry we are,let us strive to show our face & drop meaningful tit bits here. newcomers,pls,desist from posting keys on public forums,asking chicken questions & causing disaffection in this fta family. otherwise,you may soon find yourself asking questions & only you answering them!!!
Nilesat201 excitement is in the air. we are waiting,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
@enitan,
That was my own insight into the rot that has pervaded this forum. I guess everyone is entitled to his
own opinion.

@borderline,
I still remember those teething days alright. A pity most new members are no longer eager to do any
research. Only waiting to be spoon fed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2010
@George tanks 4d response.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 4:18am On Oct 06, 2010
@ george d,
@ eni,
@ borderline,

Good great talk.

No wonder oyinbo say "d best & safest place to hide tins frm an african, is to put it in a book". Laziness n selfcenteredness couple wit high level of disobedient brut about d setbacks.

On which lnb works best. I go wit enitan on dat one.
Stick to wat works best 4 u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2010
@pofolo,
On a second thought, why should anyone bother going outside to experiment on a massive fibre or pan dish when they can watch big brother all day with a 90cm? I think the picture should become clearer by now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 11:26am On Oct 06, 2010
@George D, I sent mail bro and plz help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
@Ilish,
You got mail too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente02(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
Pls i stay in sokoto and nilesat is d easiest tin to track {even a 16 year-old can do a neat job}. Thats by d way sha. Recently i scanned my multi tv and saw a couple of new channels bt no sound.
Dis channels include sky news etc.
Is any remedy?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
just to chip in on the issue of the best lnb for fringe signal, a friend at ibadan confirmed his 3m fibre is working fine with a certain' SANTEC' lnb.so i just feel its just a matter of using what you know will work for you. having a store of lnb & testing them one by one wouldn't be such a bad idea!!!
george i need your email address

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.