Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (12688 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2018
frank317:

The fact that he thinks those explanations of his are good enough reason as to why God allow the devil to continue to torment man for ages is what bothers me.

God trying to prove a point to devil and his other creations... The same devil he asked to go and torture Job his beloved son.

How does he expect to get away so easily by explaining it like it was good the Jobs sons were killed by the devil on Gods watch.

Yet this whole God thing is all in his head... Never has he seen either devil nor God... But he is able to explain their actions and intent like they are his next door neighbors. This is the same human that would find it difficult to explain some of the behaviours of his roommate or even wife.

It's so funny to watch. I even predicted the reason he'd give for why this non evil seeing God would allow the personification of evil to have free access to the so called spotless heaven. And right on cue he comes with his bullshit reason exactly as I predicted and still goes on to ask me where is the contradiction. Like what? LoL!

Fairytale time will always be good for some laughs.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 22, 2018
tintingz:
The perfect all-benevolent God hate evil that he will throw anyone who do evil to torment of fire for eternity yet he allowed it(evil) to exist.

Can't you see the paradox?

Well, the bible is not for the hell fire lie. God does hate evil, but you seem to equate allowing something to exist to causing it to exist.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2018
JMAN05:

Well, the bible is not for the hell fire lie. God does hate evil, but you seem to equate allowing something to exist to causing it to exist.

Allowing something to happen is not the same with causing something. Both have the same effect.

If a father allows her daughter to be molested despite having the strength and resources to stop it... He is a guilty and one who causes his daughter to be molested.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 6:31am On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

It's so funny to watch. I even predicted the reason he'd give for why this non evil seeing God would allow the personification of evil to have free access to the so called spotless heaven. And right on cue he comes with his bullshit reason exactly as I predicted and still goes on to ask me where is the contradiction. Like what? LoL!

Fairytale time will always be good for some laughs.

How can anyone even attempt to explain this and expect his explanation to make sense.

Its like a jealous lover trying to explain why he killed his partner and still expects to escape from the law.

If satan waged a war against God, took 1/3 of his angels, decieved man to fail causing God to lay curses, and has has been causing man to make God angry... Even led God to kill his son... He has no business in heaven talkless of having Gods permission to torment his loving Job.

Its cool he believes, but its important that he knows his believe is foolish.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2018
frank317:

How can anyone even attempt to explain this and expect his explanation to make sense.

Its like a jealous lover trying to explain why he killed his partner and still expects to escape from the law.

If satan waged a war against God, took 1/3 of his angels, decieved man to fail causing God to lay curses, and has has been causing man to make God angry... Even led God to kill his son... He has no business in heaven talkless of having Gods permission to torment his loving Job.

Its cool he believes, but its important that he knows his believe is foolish.

They will say we don't have the eyes of the spirit. LoL self deception is what they call eyes of the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 7:42am On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

They will say we don't have the eyes of the spirit. LoL self deception is what they call eyes of the spirit.

Lol... Eyes of the spirit is trying effortlessly to explain away the unexplainable
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by tintingz(m): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2018
JMAN05:

God the creator of ALL created Satan who's said to be the master of evil, God knew beforehand Satan is evil but he created the entity, after God created evil he has the power to stop it but then he didn't do anything, he allowed evil to prevail but then the almighty loving God will punish anyone who do/does evil for eternity for his meaningless reason.

Now the questions is,

- If God is not the creator of evil, who then created evil?

- is God malevolent or incapable of stopping evil?

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

The day you catch me advocating for believers to be killed by any means or tortured for entertainment say it and I'll never comment online about believers again. Meanwhile my entertainment choices are mine, I don't need any sanctimonious lecture on how to choose what I like.

I will also continue to laugh at any brain dead Christian opinion or bible commentary, shut your eyes if it is too painful to read. I won't censor my humour for you.

Certainly, it is your call. That was not me telling you what to derive pleasure from or not, just me warning you of a possibility. And don't worry, it is not really a problem for me that you laugh at us. Nor would it be a problem for me if you decided that you enjoy torturing and killing people like me or demanding it, encouraging it or tolerating it. It comes with the territory sometimes. And I pity those who decide to do such things because of what the Father of all believers and the Captain of our Faith will do to them.

As for my reaction in the now, whenever I deem necessary, I will defend other believers and our Faith when you attack it with your lies and meddling. It will not always be necessary. But you should bear with my own calling out of all your hypocrisy and deliberate ignorance of the things you address.

frank317:

The fact that he thinks those explanations of his are good enough reason as to why God allow the devil to continue to torment man for ages is what bothers me.
Why does it bother you? The explanations make the same sense to me that an exam does. For now, man must tolerate such suffering and in the end he will be rewarded beyond everything he has suffered. It is not for nothing that lowly man will one day be greater even than the angels. In fact, he is already since God put on humanity and remains so eternally.

frank317:
God trying to prove a point to devil and his other creations... The same devil he asked to go and torture Job his beloved son.
Even those who have no right to a job tend to demand a reason for why they were rejected after an interview. How much more the smarter angels who knew nothing like evil until Satan sinned? Of course, God is gracious enough to explain.

Again, try to be honest. The fact that it is the Bible that you are attacking does not excuse you from basic rules of decency. If you are going to credit the Bible with anything, at least quote it correctly. God never asked Satan to do anything. Satan was granted permission to do what he wanted to Job and God even established limits so that Job wouldn't be destroyed by him.

frank317:
How does he expect to get away so easily by explaining it like it was good the Jobs sons were killed by the devil on Gods watch.
Of course it worked out all right. If Job's children were believers like their father, they were in paradise as soon as they died and are in Heaven now with God enjoying pleasures that this world has no hope of ever producing. If they were unbelievers, then they were and remain in hell and deserved all they got. What's wrong with this picture?

frank317:
Yet this whole God thing is all in his head... Never has he seen either devil nor God... But he is able to explain their actions and intent like they are his next door neighbors. This is the same human that would find it difficult to explain some of the behaviours of his roommate or even wife.
Yet you have no difficulties explaining me to others and even to my own self although we've never met. You know all about what is in my head and how well I understand those around me but I'm the insane one for understanding God and Satan because I read a Book and have a teacher.

That's why I said that atheism is in itself cognitively dissonant.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 11:51am On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

You are just delusional. Its right there in the stupid book that this generation shall not pass but here we are thousands of years later and dumbasses like you still believe it is going to come to pass. Even Paul thought it was imminent LoL. Paul is dead for thousands of years and it still hasn't come to pass. Please tell me something real not fairytales.

How am I delusional? I’m not deceiving myself in any way. Humans like Paul are not eternal. Do you believe any being is eternal? Would it be a good or bad being who’s eternal?

Is it a good thing to age and become uglier like humans? Something bad shouldn’t happen to a good person. Good has the power to conquer bad. Humans don’t have the power to conquer death because they aren’t good. Be honest with yourself.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
tintingz:
God the creator of ALL created Satan who's said to be the master of evil, God knew beforehand Satan is evil but he created the entity, after God created evil he has the power to stop it but then he didn't do anything, he allowed evil to prevail but then the almighty loving God will punish anyone who do/does evil for eternity for his meaningless reason.

Now the questions is,

- If God is not the creator of evil, who then created evil?

- is God malevolent or incapable of stopping evil?

I’d like you to know that a good God is literally only capable of good. Good therefore can’t create evil. Evil was brought into existence by a massive number of bad beings. All humanity is evil. This is why humans die off like will happen to all someday. Something good should never be killed. Only God is good and he stays alive forever.

Good is obviously capable of stopping evil, but you must know that evil actually has power. There is a lifelong battle between Good and evil. It’s just a matter of time before good is victorious and deletes bad from existence. That should be simple enough.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by tintingz(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2018
theoriginalgood:

I’d like you to know that a good God is literally only capable of good. Good therefore can’t create evil. Evil was brought into existence by a massive number of bad beings. All humanity is evil. This is why humans die off like will happen to all someday. Something good should never be killed. Only God is good and he stays alive forever.

Good is obviously capable of stopping evil, but you must know that evil actually has power. There is a lifelong battle between Good and evil. It’s just a matter of time before good is victorious and deletes bad from existence. That should be simple enough.
You don't get the paradox, do you?

If God is all-knowing, like knowing the future, he should know evil will exist the moment he created Satan, evil didn't came from anywhere, God is the creator of evil, he shouldn't have created Satan or give any chance for evil since he's perfect and all good.

Now that evil exist, God hating evil and with his almighty power, he should have stopped it from onset but instead he allowed it to prevail and even partner with Satan to do evil.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Certainly, it is your call. That was not me telling you what to derive pleasure from or not, just me warning you of a possibility. And don't worry, it is not really a problem for me that you laugh at us. Nor would it be a problem for me if you decided that you enjoy torturing and killing people like me or demanding it, encouraging it or tolerating it. It comes with the territory sometimes. And I pity those who decide to do such things because of what the Father of all believers and the Captain of our Faith will do to them.

As for my reaction in the now, whenever I deem necessary, I will defend other believers and our Faith when you attack it with your lies and meddling. It will not always be necessary. But you should bear with my own calling out of all your hypocrisy and deliberate ignorance of the things you address.

Defend them and be ready to read the uncomfortable truths.

You called out nothing, you can point out any lie I told or hypocrisy I displayed. Meanwhile you readily were blaming me as looking for a debate when it was you who stuck your nose in. I pointed out to you how contradictory it was to have the holy god give the personification of evil an everlasting bus pass to the spotless heaven. Your funny story did nothing to address it and you got agitated because we laughed and refused to accept your story.

Its not our fault that you choose to believe a fairytale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
tintingz:
You don't get the paradox, do you?

If God is all-knowing, like knowing the future, he should know evil will exist the moment he created Satan, evil didn't came from anywhere, God is the creator of evil, he shouldn't have created Satan or give any chance for evil since he's perfect and all good.

Now that evil exist, God hating evil and with his almighty power, he should have stopped it from onset but instead he allowed it to prevail and even partner with Satan to do evil.

Look man, goodness is the ultimate power. God is good and satan is not. God has the ultimate power. He is not crazy that he will allow evil to prevail or partner with satan. The reason we have evil today is because evil has a little power. Good should delete evil from the onset, but Good didn’t because Good couldn’t. It’s not because Good wants to partner with Satan to do evil. Think deeply. It’s time dependent, someday evil would be wiped away from existence, but humanity won’t be there. Only Saints would be left to live perfectly forever. You can also read my previous response again.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

Defend them and be ready to read the uncomfortable truths.
I'll read them when I see them.

LordReed:
You called out nothing, you can point out any lie I told or hypocrisy I displayed.
Easy lie: you said that God made a bet with Satan.

I'm not going to dig them all up now. Haven't got the time or inclination.

Hypocrisy: you accuse me of making up stories to fill plot holes in the Bible but you have no problem spending years going to school to learn about the world around you. Why is it not equally intuitive for you as you demand that the Bible must be for everybody?

LordReed:
Meanwhile you readily were blaming me as looking for a debate when it was you who stuck your nose in.
On the contrary, you meddled in a Christian discussion of which I was a part and I defended what I believe.

LordReed:
I pointed out to you how contradictory it was to have the holy god give the personification of evil an everlasting bus pass to the spotless heaven.
Two things here:

It is you who call Satan the personification of evil, not the Bible;

It is you who coined the term "everlasting bus pass", not the Bible.

Now, you make these things up and attribute them to the Bible (typical straw man fallacy) and dismiss my clarifications and explanations as "elaborate bullshit" and I'm the one you accuse of making things up? See the hypocrisy and lying?

LordReed:
Your funny story did nothing to address it
Your go-to counterargument is the above. Can you demonstrate at all just once how the "story" did nothing to address it? Just once, so that this can assume some kind of legitimacy as an argument for normal intelligence.

LordReed:
and you got agitated because we laughed and refused to accept your story.
And what is the proof of this agitation?

LordReed:
Its not our fault that you choose to believe a fairytale.

And I have consistently said the same minus your rather unoriginal epithet.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
theoriginalgood:

How am I delusional? I’m not deceiving myself in any way. Humans like Paul are not eternal. Do you believe any being is eternal? Would it be a good or bad being who’s eternal?

Is it a good thing to age and become uglier like humans? Something bad shouldn’t happen to a good person. Good has the power to conquer bad. Humans don’t have the power to conquer death because they aren’t good. Be honest with yourself.

LoL, people are already working on anti-ageing treatments and may be from there longevity treatments could be possible meanwhile you get told a tales by moonlight story of gods and devils that never live up to the hype. A 2000 year prophecy that was supposed to take place within a generation? LMAO!
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by tintingz(m): 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
theoriginalgood:

Look man, goodness is the ultimate power. God is good and satan is not. God has the ultimate power. He is not crazy that he will allow evil to prevail or partner with satan. The reason we have evil today is because evil has a little power. Good should delete evil from the onset, but Good didn’t because Good couldn’t. It’s not because Good wants to partner with Satan to do evil. Think deeply. It’s time dependent, someday evil would be wiped away from existence, but humanity won’t be there. Only Saints would be left to live perfectly forever. You can also read my previous response again.
You're just beating round the bush.

Why didn't God stop evil from onset since he has power to do so?
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Why does it bother you? The explanations make the same sense to me that an exam does. For now, man must tolerate such suffering and in the end he will be rewarded beyond everything he has suffered. It is not for nothing that lowly man will one day be greater even than the angels. In fact, he is already since God put on humanity and remains so eternally.
It bothers me because its clearly non sensible and u are deliberately insisting its okay just because u call urself a believer. So much feeble from an adult.

Even those who have no right to a job tend to demand a reason for why they were rejected after an interview. How much more the smarter angels who knew nothing like evil until Satan sinned? Of course, God is gracious enough to explain.
Of course... He has so much explaining to do. Why wouldn't he... When things went out of his control right from the beginning. He had to resort to planting unwanted trees, destroying his creation with water and killing his son.

Again, try to be honest. The fact that it is the Bible that you are attacking does not excuse you from basic rules of decency. If you are going to credit the Bible with anything, at least quote it correctly. God never asked Satan to do anything. Satan was granted permission to do what he wanted to Job and God even established limits so that Job wouldn't be destroyed by him.
God granted Satan permission do mess up Job's life. Mr man, that's bad enough. If that is not bad to you, then ur conscience is dead.

Of course it worked out all right. If Job's children were believers like their father, they were in paradise as soon as they died and are in Heaven now with God enjoying pleasures that this world has no hope of ever producing. If they were unbelievers, then they were and remain in hell and deserved all they got. What's wrong with this picture?
Right now u credited God for establishing limits that would ensure Job was not destroyed, here u are calling him a good God for allowing Job's children to be destroyed.
I am sure if the same Job (which u have praises God for establishing limits that ensure he was not destroyed) was still destroyed by Satan, u will still say it was OK since he would go to heaven.
If God allows the devil to destroy your children and spare u, then later give u another ones... How will u feel about this action?

Yet you have no difficulties explaining me to others and even to my own self although we've never met. You know all about what is in my head and how well I understand those around me but I'm the insane one for understanding God and Satan because I read a Book and have a teacher.

That's why I said that atheism is in itself cognitively dissonant.
How did I explain u to others.. Anything I say about u on this forum is just assumptions which are based on ur responses on this forum. Same thing u are doing when u read the bible.
Where did i claim i know all that is in ur head. I hope u are alright
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by dalaman: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2018
LordReed:

LoL, people are already working on anti-ageing treatments and may be from there longevity treatments could be possible meanwhile you get told a tales by moonlight story of gods and devils that never live up to the hype. A 2000 year prophecy that was supposed to take place within a generation? LMAO!

What I know is that only the good live forever. Humanity is bad and manages to waste some of God’s time. Once Good can, Good will delete bad from existence. Humanity will be gone.

You believe good beings are supposed to die?

I think God has been restricted a bit because bad actually has enough power to do so. This is the only reason bad exists. Good God is not a fool that he will do nothing about all that’s wrong in existence. He’s doing the best he can. In due time there will be nothing bad existing.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2018
tintingz:
You're just beating round the bush.

Why didn't God stop evil from onset since he has power to do so?

Good should delete evil from the onset, but Good didn’t because Good couldn’t. What you need to know is that there is a battle between Good and bad. It is obvious Good will win, but it’s just time dependent. Bad has some power to restrict Good. This is why bad exists in the world. Humanity is bad and will be gotten rid of eventually. Sinners need to read Mark 10:18, we’re told only God is Good and this is proven to be true because all humans have an expiry date while God is eternal.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by tintingz(m): 1:07am On Oct 23, 2018
theoriginalgood:

Good should delete evil from the onset, but Good didn’t because Good couldn’t. What you need to know is that there is a battle between Good and bad. It is obvious Good will win, but it’s just time dependent. Bad has some power to restrict Good. This is why bad exists in the world. Humanity is bad and will be gotten rid of eventually. Sinners need to read Mark 10:18, we’re told only God is Good and this is proven to be true because all humans have an expiry date while God is eternal.
Oh my goodness, sigh.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2018
tintingz:
Oh my goodness, sigh.

Lol... U go fear fear... U are asking a different question and he is giving u an off point answer... Me think he is a programmed machine

Is evil an entity that created itself? If God is all good and this all good God creates everything, where did evil come from.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 8:04am On Oct 23, 2018
theoriginalgood:

Oga... Why didn't God stop evil from the onset... This ur answer above has nothing to do with the question.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by tintingz(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2018
frank317:

Lol... U go fear fear... U are asking a different question and he is giving u an off point answer... Me think he is a programmed machine

Is evil an entity that created itself? If God is all good and this all good God creates everything, where did evil come from.
Lol, I gave up on him, I think he's being dishonest or doesn't understand the question I asked.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 10:30am On Oct 23, 2018
tintingz:
Oh my goodness, sigh.

Hope I’ve made sense
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by theoriginalgood: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2018
frank317:

Oga... Why didn't God stop evil from the onset... This ur answer above has nothing to do with the question.

The first sentence answers the question. The rest is relevant to explain why there is still evil up till now.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by tintingz(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2018
theoriginalgood:

Hope I’ve made sense
No sir
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2018
frank317:

It bothers me because its clearly non sensible and u are deliberately insisting its okay just because u call urself a believer. So much feeble from an adult.
"It's clearly non sensible (sic)" is not an argument, Frank317. Make one.

frank317:
Of course... He has so much explaining to do. Why wouldn't he... When things went out of his control right from the beginning. He had to resort to planting unwanted trees, destroying his creation with water and killing his son.
How did things get out of his control, Frank317? Make an actual argument.

frank317:
God granted Satan permission do mess up Job's life. Mr man, that's bad enough. If that is not bad to you, then ur conscience is dead.
What's bad about it, Frank317? "If it's not bad to you, then ur conscience is dead" is not an argument. Make one.

frank317:
Right now u credited God for establishing limits that would ensure Job was not destroyed, here u are calling him a good God for allowing Job's children to be destroyed.
I am sure if the same Job (which u have praises God for establishing limits that ensure he was not destroyed) was still destroyed by Satan, u will still say it was OK since he would go to heaven.
If God allows the devil to destroy your children and spare u, then later give u another ones... How will u feel about this action?
God has absolute power over life and death so that even death and suffering cannot cause more damage than He can heal or fix. It was painful for Job to lose his children. But Job also knew that physical death is not what it looks like from this side of life, so he wouldn't have suffered as much as someone who rejects the fact that physical death is not final would have.

Everyday people suffer bereavement and either have more children or remarry or find new friends or get new parents. And the emotional pain does numb over time even if it does not completely disappear. This is true even of people who don't believe in God's Power to raise the dead, how much more people like me who are confident that when those we love die believing, they are in a far better place than we could possibly wish for them and that if they die rejecting Christ, then no amount of mourning will help them.

frank317:
How did I explain u to others.. Anything I say about u on this forum is just assumptions which are based on ur responses on this forum. Same thing u are doing when u read the bible.
Where did i claim i know all that is in ur head. I hope u are alright
Good. We're good now. When I read the Bible, I assume that it is true. And just like your assumptions about me are reasonable as far as you take into account everything I have to say and do on this platform, one's understanding of God is only sensible as far as one is willing to take all the information in the Bible into account.

About the underscored text, that was a figure of speech. It was meant to illustrate your confidence in your assumptions about me. While your assumptions are not necessarily true because they are made in spite of me, mine about God are made on the basis of what I read in the Bible with as little personal agenda as possible with the help of the Holy Spirit and a teacher He has prepared to help me learn. So, I can make mine with confidence (that is, Faith) rather than arrogance.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Martinez19(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
theoriginalgood:

This is poor and unimpressive. Highly disappointing.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Martinez19(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
frank317:

more like an NPC.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by frank317: 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

"It's clearly non sensible (sic)" is not an argument, Frank317. Make one.
Make what argument?
You believe that a good and perfect all knowing creator created the world and one of his creation when out of control just like that and corrupted all other creations and for years this this good all powerful all knowing creator has been trying to fix things... The only thing I can tell u is go check ur brain.

How did things get out of his control, Frank317? Make an actual argument.
Was it God intention for the world to be filled with evil and sin? If sin wasn't his intention yet there is sin, then the world and his creations went out of his control....

What's bad about it, Frank317? "If it's not bad to you, then ur conscience is dead" is not an argument. Make one.
I am sure there is nothing bad if God allows Satan to kill ur family... Sorry for calling it bad.

God has absolute power over life and death so that even death and suffering cannot cause more damage than He can heal or fix. It was painful for Job to lose his children. But Job also knew that physical death is not what it looks like from this side of life, so he wouldn't have suffered as much as someone who rejects the fact that physical death is not final would have.
Breaking news... Humans, even u strive to avoid pain, its our whole essence of living... Perhaps ur so called creator does not know about this, no wonder u are talking like this.

Everyday people suffer bereavement and either have more children or remarry or find new friends or get new parents. And the emotional pain does numb over time even if it does not completely disappear. This is true even of people who don't believe in God's Power to raise the dead, how much more people like me who are confident that when those we love die believing, they are in a far better place than we could possibly wish for them and that if they die rejecting Christ, then no amount of mourning will help them.
Cool... Is this why ur God enjoys watching the devil possess bokoharam to kill his followers? Let them die, their loved ones will get over it... This so much love I can now see.

Good. We're good now. When I read the Bible, I assume that it is true. And just like your assumptions about me are reasonable as far as you take into account everything I have to say and do on this platform, one's understanding of God is only sensible as far as one is willing to take all the information in the Bible into account.
If I accept things I say about u are assumptions, it means they not the fact ... They are mere assumptions... I don't take them too seriously.
Why u take ur assumptions about what u read in the bible seriously is what amazes me.

About the underscored text, that was a figure of speech. It was meant to illustrate your confidence in your assumptions about me. While your assumptions are not necessarily true because they are made in spite of me, mine about God are made on the basis of what I read in the Bible with as little personal agenda as possible with the help of the Holy Spirit and a teacher He has prepared to help me learn. So, I can make mine with confidence (that is, Faith) rather than arrogance.
Stop making up things in ur head bro.... I have never claimed confidence of my assumptions of u pls.
Ur assumptions of what u read in the bible even with the help on invisible holy spirit are making u sound like a mad man who thinks its right for God to allow Satan to kill all Jobs children. Yuck... Ur thoughts disgust me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2018
frank317:

Make what argument?
You believe that a good and perfect all knowing creator created the world and one of his creation when out of control just like that and corrupted all other creations and for years this this good all powerful all knowing creator has been trying to fix things... The only thing I can tell u is go check ur brain.
Straw man fallacy. Ad hominem fallacy.

frank317:
Was it God intention for the world to be filled with evil and sin? If sin wasn't his intention yet there is sin, then the world and his creations went out of his control....
Finally, an argument.

When you account for free will, then He never lost control. Granted that sin was not His Will, He knew that it would happen once He gave the angels a free will. This is why He made provisions for fixing the damage that would result from sin. That was the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ which redeemed Man and healed the damage in Creation and guaranteed the Eternal Family of God.

So, nothing ever got out of God's Control. He had a Plan from before creation and it is progressing exactly as He intended.

frank317:
I am sure there is nothing bad if God allows Satan to kill ur family... Sorry for calling it bad.
Make an argument. This is not one.

frank317:
Breaking news... Humans, even u strive to avoid pain, its our whole essence of living... Perhaps ur so called creator does not know about this, no wonder u are talking like this.
Quite true, we were created to desire pleasure and joy, not pain and sorrow. This is true. But the whole point of human history is to demonstrate that true Pleasure and true Joy or Happiness are only found in God, not in our own hifalutin notions about reality.

frank317:
Cool... Is this why ur God enjoys watching the devil possess bokoharam to kill his followers? Let them die, their loved ones will get over it... This so much love I can now see.
Where is your proof that He does?

frank317:
If I accept things I say about u are assumptions, it means they not the fact ... They are mere assumptions... I don't take them too seriously.
Why u take ur assumptions about what u read in the bible seriously is what amazes me.
I think you are completely missing the meaning of assumptions. An assumption may be true or false but it is a belief:

Assumption: something that you accept as true without question or proof

Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/assumption?q=Assumption

frank317:
Stop making up things in ur head bro.... I have never claimed confidence of my assumptions of u pls.
Ur assumptions of what u read in the bible even with the help on invisible holy spirit are making u sound like a mad man who thinks its right for God to allow Satan to kill all Jobs children. Yuck... Ur thoughts disgust me.
As I said, the very word itself implies confidence. You don't have the wiggle room that you think you do here.

As for sounding like a mad man, have I not said that plenty enough times? Christianity and Atheism are opposite realities. You think Christianity is insane. I think Atheism is insane. There is no reconciliation possible. So, I don't know what we have debates for. The reason I engage you and your cohorts is that I won't let you misrepresent the truth about the Bible or the Christian Faith for whatever reason it is that has you hounding Christians all the time.

You can never convince a mad man of his insanity so I know that you are wasting your time trying to persuade me of the "error of my ways". As much as I want you to be saved, on the other hand, I don't expect my arguments to be what makes that happen because I expect them to sound like the raving of a mad man to you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Win A Soul For Allah: Lexiconkabi And Other Muslims, Please Enter / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.